PDA

View Full Version : Windows Movie Maker in Windows 7

StankBacon
March 31st, 2009, 06:42 AM
ill just copy/paste what zwaldowski posted (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/showthread.php?t=4985) on the mydigitallife forums..

---------

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2859/moviemk.png
Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7

Idea
Erm, I was missing Movie Maker and needed it for a class project (don't ask). So I took the files from Vista, copied the newer stuff from Windows 7's DVD Maker, and got it working on Windows 7 (registering a bunch of files, basically) and created an installer.

Agreement/Disclaimer
By downloading and using this, you agree to the Windows 7 Pre-Release EULA and admit you have a licensed copy/key. Like that's hard to get. I also cite the Vista product terms, but it's really not important as the software is distributed freely. I claim no rights to this software.

FAQ
How is this different from Windows Live Movie Maker?
Um, you get all the features back. WLMM is a horrible app with a ribbon on top (literally).
How this is different from Windows Movie Maker 2.6?
This app has the Windows Vista look (for better or for worse), improved stability, improved speed on transitions/effects, and use of the Windows Media Foundation (allows codec support in Windows 7).
Does this work with DVD Maker?
No. Windows 7's DVD Maker does not support importing project files (MSWMM), but will support importing all video files including ones normally published (to "My Computer" by Movie Maker. Note that the "Publish To... DVD" feature does not work in Vista Movie Maker on Windows 7.

Download (http://www.hivclan.net/stuff/WMMInstall.exe)
Here it is, have fun. :cool:

Changelog
Release 2, 3/31/09 (8.53 MB EXE): Significantly reduced size; ripped out DVD Maker stuff that was left behind (not in Windows 7)
Release 1, 3/30/09 (66.13 MB RAR): Initial release. All of Vista's Movie Maker files, with Windows 7's DVD Maker files copied over, with a wrapper to register all the valid DLL and AX files. Voila.

---------------

i for one found this incredibly useful, i know there are better movie editing programs out there, but this is enough for most, not to mention its free.

Cojafoji
March 31st, 2009, 10:32 AM
Sexy. When I reinstall Windows 7 this weekend, I'll be sure to try this.

Cortexian
April 1st, 2009, 11:02 PM
Uh... It's now included in the "Windows Live Essentials (http://download.live.com/)" download. They had to take it out of Windows due to some legal shenanigans. All that work for nothing Bacon, must suck.

Limited
April 1st, 2009, 11:08 PM
So is WMM vista (and work around Windows 7) better than the XP one?

Cortexian
April 1st, 2009, 11:46 PM
The Windows Live Movie Maker is easier to use and has more features so I'd say yes.

StankBacon
April 2nd, 2009, 02:17 AM
uh no, the live movie maker has less features that both the xp version and 2.6 that is available on microsoft.com... read original post.

All that work for nothing Bacon, must suck.

not really, i didn't do shit.

Cortexian
April 2nd, 2009, 04:14 AM
uh no, the live movie maker has less features that both the xp version and 2.6 that is available on microsoft.com... read original post.

not really, i didn't do shit.
Has more functionality here, just looked at the Win XP one and WLMM. Doesn't matter though, people should be using Adobe Premiere, not this shit.

Cojafoji
April 2nd, 2009, 09:40 AM
Has more functionality here, just looked at the Win XP one and WLMM. Doesn't matter though, people should be using Adobe Premiere, not this shit.
$799.

Limited
April 2nd, 2009, 02:49 PM
$799.
WMM is like Ms Paint, its free but utter shite.

If you want to quickly put a clip out there, then its okay, however seeing so many youtube videos that used the default settings for credits ruined it.

Xetsuei
April 2nd, 2009, 05:37 PM

Rofl.

Heathen
April 2nd, 2009, 06:18 PM
$799.
Lol

Cortexian
April 2nd, 2009, 10:46 PM
$799.
Free.

Xetsuei
April 3rd, 2009, 12:22 AM
Free.

You are a pirate.

legionaire45
April 3rd, 2009, 01:19 AM
I hate Premiere.

I hate Final Cut Pro.

I hate everything.

Cortexian
April 3rd, 2009, 01:28 AM
You are a pirate.
Who said anything about pirating?! :rolleyes:

I hate Premiere.

I hate Final Cut Pro.

I hate everything.
You're bad.

Cojafoji
April 3rd, 2009, 11:38 AM
Free.
90% of the people who use Adobe products know dick all about anything else computer related.

p0lar_bear
April 3rd, 2009, 12:18 PM
Uh... It's now included in the "Windows Live Essentials (http://download.live.com/)" download. They had to take it out of Windows due to some legal shenanigans. All that work for nothing Bacon, must suck.Is that the same Anti-Trust bullshit that got the Address taskbar removed from XP SP3 (even though it's still present in Vista)?

90% of the people who use Adobe products know dick all about anything else computer related.Hi I use Adobe Photoshop, Flash, Fireworks, and Premiere, and I'm about to sit for my A+ exam. :eng101:

Cortexian
April 3rd, 2009, 01:40 PM
90% of the people who use Adobe products know dick all about anything else computer related.
It's pretty cool how you're wrong.

You need to stop acting like a know it all dick on these forums, it's really not healthy. You also haven't earned the right to act like a know it all dick yet. :cool:

Llama Juice
April 3rd, 2009, 01:48 PM
I use iMovie for the most part...

to hell with windows movie maker :3

that's iMovie HD (AKA '06) if you were wondering.

Most editing is just timeline edits... so it gets the job done if you don't care to do anything fancy.

p0lar_bear
April 3rd, 2009, 01:50 PM
Agreed, the simple editing programs like WMM and iMovie are great for the average joe who need to organize clips together, e.g. most of us. Splitting and organizing movie clips in Adobe Premiere is unnecessarily complicated to someone who doesn't know what the fuck.

Cojafoji
April 3rd, 2009, 06:09 PM
Is that the same Anti-Trust bullshit that got the Address taskbar removed from XP SP3 (even though it's still present in Vista)?

Hi I use Adobe Photoshop, Flash, Fireworks, and Premiere, and I'm about to sit for my A+ exam. :eng101:
You're obviously one of the %10.

Also, freelancer, fuck off.

Xetsuei
April 3rd, 2009, 07:17 PM
Also, freelancer, fuck off.

This. Quit acting like such an asshole, you really haven't earned the right to.

And by the way, there is not many other ways to get Premiere for free other than pirating.

teh lag
April 3rd, 2009, 07:20 PM
For fuck's sake can you people stop flinging poo at each other? Is it that hard to not get shit going in a discussion about Windows Movie Maker?

sdavis117
April 3rd, 2009, 09:45 PM
I use Vegas Studio 6.
:caruso:

But I've found that Windows Movie Maker will work good for the most basic of projects.

Cortexian
April 3rd, 2009, 09:50 PM
I really don't see why people can't understand how to use the Adobe product suites, they're some of the most simplistic programs out there. You just have to know the terminology for what you're working with.

Xet, if I haven't earned the right to be an asshole then, you, most certainly have not either. /poo flinging

t3h m00kz
April 3rd, 2009, 10:13 PM
After using Vegas 7, I can't go back to moviemaker, I just can't :fail:

Xetsuei
April 3rd, 2009, 11:32 PM
Xet, if I haven't earned the right to be an asshole then, you, most certainly have not either. /poo flinging

You really don't know when to stop do you?

Terry
April 4th, 2009, 11:45 AM
After using Vegas 7, I can't go back to moviemaker, I just can't :fail:

Well, that's common sense. Why would you use an inferior product?

Heathen
April 4th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks for this.