PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Burning CD's

RobertGraham
April 3rd, 2009, 11:46 PM
Hey, recently, I am tired of throwing a CD in my computer, so I want to burn my music to my hard drive. Usually, it won't even start burning the CD and my whole PC locks up. I had to manually shut down my PC so it would stop. Does anyone else have this problem? BTW, I am using Vista.

My Disk Drive: ST3120215AS ATA Device

Cortexian
April 3rd, 2009, 11:58 PM
You mean ripping?

Amit
April 4th, 2009, 12:16 AM
I believe he means ripping CDs. Well, Windows Media Player has the option to rip CDs. So does Itunes. Those programs come bundled with both your OS's respectively.

RobertGraham
April 4th, 2009, 12:39 AM
That's what I was using. I tried both. iTunes and WMP

Cortexian
April 4th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Upgrade to the latest software and update all your drivers.

Amit
April 4th, 2009, 01:26 PM
That's what I was using. I tried both. iTunes and WMP

Provide us with screenshots of your progress when using Windows Media Player. I generally only use Itunes as my Primary music player, however, I would not rip music with it.

Cojafoji
April 4th, 2009, 04:30 PM
ST3120215AS
Bro, that's a hard drive...

RobertGraham
April 4th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Provide us with screenshots of your progress when using Windows Media Player. I generally only use Itunes as my Primary music player, however, I would not rip music with it.
How am I supposed to provide screenshots when my whole PC locks up?

Bro, that's a hard drive...
That's not what it says in the Device Manager... I clicked the Disk Drives.

Sorry, I am a complete n00b at hardware

Limited
April 4th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Do you have a digital camera, maybe a camera on your cell phone?

MetKiller Joe
April 4th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Drag and drop? Or has DRM seriously gotten that bad?

RobertGraham
April 4th, 2009, 10:58 PM
If anything, I think its this disk drive and processor.

1.6 GHz sucks ass >:[
Along with shitty Intel Integrated chipsets.

I am going shopping anyways
(Which I have been saying for ages...)

AAA
April 5th, 2009, 12:16 AM
cursing your computer out isn't going to do anything. just find out what hardware you have and look on the respective website to find supported drivers for that specific product. sounds easy, right?

I've had this same issue with my old computer. Even when it came down to installing games. Could have something to do with your RAM. Your processor looks well enough to get through the whole rip, so that's probably not your issue.

Mr Buckshot
April 5th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Disk drive =/= disc drive.

Disk with a k refers to the hard drive (HDD stands for Hard Disk Drive).
Disc with a c refers to optical discs, those round shiny things that get scratched easily. It's ok, I know plenty of neophytes who get the two mixed up.

You looked under "disk drives" and got the hard drive model number, which you posted earlier. That's wrong.

Look under "DVD drives" or "CD-ROM drives" or something like that. Post what you see there.

Cortexian
April 5th, 2009, 12:53 AM
My home server is a Celeron 1.75GHz/1GB DDR and it rips CD's perfectly fine.

Cojafoji
April 5th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Click on DVD-Rom/CD-Rom under device manager... Tell me what it says...

RobertGraham
April 5th, 2009, 10:28 AM
TSST corp CDDVDW TS-H653N ATA Device

Amit
April 5th, 2009, 04:05 PM
TSST corp CDDVDW TS-H653N ATA Device

Some kind of Samsung Drive? I haven't googled it but my DVD burner is by TSST Corp and it's powered by Samsung.

Have you tried ripping using Itunes on OSX?

RobertGraham
April 5th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Some kind of Samsung Drive? I haven't googled it but my DVD burner is by TSST Corp and it's powered by Samsung.

Have you tried ripping using Itunes on OSX?
Yeah, same issues. I might just need to replace this drive, along with my Hard Drive and RAM.

Amit
April 5th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah, same issues. I might just need to replace this drive, along with my Hard Drive and RAM.

Use a different computer to rip files until you can figure out what the hell is going on.

Phopojijo
April 5th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Could be DRM on either the disk (which would be weird) or from some game or something that crippled those programs.