PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 2

BobtheGreatII
April 9th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Hell yeah.

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/teaser/

'bout time that there was a bit more than just a confirmation on the game.

Thoughts? Anyone else excited?

Spoiler for the viral website... kind of... not really though:
If you print off the symbol by clicking it at the end of the video. You can click the A (the triangle that's used as the beginning letter for the Animus) on the left of the screen. It will bring you to some... what look like journal entries. If you hold the symbol up so the webcam can see it (I had to turn the symbol upside down) the window will circle it and load (takes a few seconds) and then a 3D arm comes up, with the Creed logo and the blade extended.

Not sure I understand why it has all it's fingers though... weird.

Joshflighter
April 9th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Hell yeah. :p

Sel
April 9th, 2009, 02:50 PM
sweet

Sunray
April 9th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Hmm. I watched, I quite liked, I got frustrated.

If anyone's interested in some further analysis of the video, plus some increased unlocking of the webcam bit, I found:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5551025747/p/1
and
http://lifelessly-yours.blogspot.com/2009/04/assassins-creed-2-facts-theories-and.html

Both of those go into it and have videos of some more content.

Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to the game, but I'm waiting for a proper trailer instead of this. I want to see how they pull off the whole renaissance thing. I mean the assassin's in the time of the crusade worked well for me, but this could go either way. As I say, I want to see a proper trailer, portraying their proper main character and a brief outline of what they're doing with the world before I really go either way on the whole thing.

LlamaMaster
April 9th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I never played the first one, so no. I don't have enough $$$ to worry about buying anything for a while anyway.

English Mobster
April 9th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I never played the first one, so no. I don't have enough $$$ to worry about buying anything for a while anyway.

Hotrod
April 9th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Oh, I've beaten the first one, and found it pretty good of a game. Can't wait to get my hands on this one :)

Cortexian
April 9th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Cool, printed off all three symbols and tried it out, it's a really neat bit of viral advertising. It's also a neat bit of technology, having the camera scan the image and verify it is pretty neat.

jngrow
April 10th, 2009, 12:11 AM
They seriously censored the penis?

DrunkenSamus
April 10th, 2009, 12:23 AM

Pretty much.

Cortexian
April 10th, 2009, 12:54 AM
This should be in Tech Talk.

Heathen
April 10th, 2009, 12:59 AM
awsum

flibitijibibo
April 10th, 2009, 08:52 AM
I wish this were coming out in 2009. There aren't any good games coming out on the PC this year, so far it's just BioShock 2 (I'm aware that Arkham Asylum/Ghostbusters are in June, but I have no hope for either of them). Oh well, whenever this comes out I'll be waiting in line.

paladin
April 10th, 2009, 11:51 AM
The first one was a great game, I hope this will be just as good.

Mr Buckshot
April 10th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Haven't tried the first one yet (the gameplay is not really my type) but this looks interesting. This summer I might borrow my neighbor's copy of the first game and see if I'll take a liking to it.

Sunray
April 11th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Oh, hello:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/blogs/rumor-control/909119209/26843382/assassins-creed-2-details-leaked.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;4

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200904/N09.0410.0649.28372.htm

The former offers a lot of supposedly "leaked" information from a Ubisofts forums detailing a lot of information about the game. If it's true, AC2 looks to be a lot more varied that AC1 with a lot more weapon choices, missions and scenery (with the whole day and night thing), so I hope it's as good as their making it sound.

nooBBooze
April 11th, 2009, 06:53 AM
They censored the Vitruvian Man.

Silly America.

Cortexian
April 11th, 2009, 06:40 PM
They censored the Vitruvian Man.

Silly America.
Because the ".uk.ubi.com" doesn't mean that it's the UK website at all.

Ifafudafi
April 11th, 2009, 09:49 PM
yo fags got mah issue of Game Informer right here (no pics though sry)

Notable quotes from the 10-page (!) article:

...Unlike in the previous game, these cities are no longer isolated bastions of civilizations seperated by a wide "kingdom" of empty wilderness... "It's a whole bunch of connected cities, and continuous gameplay that links them together."

...As the adventure progresses, [Leonardo DaVinci] becomes to Ezio [the hero] what Q is to James Bond, crafting items like the hidden blades to further the Assassin's quest for vengeance...

...From any rooftop, street, or bridge, Ezio can dive into the water, traversing the twisting waterways of Venice with the same ease that he might free-run along its rooftops... The water can also be used as a hiding place... you can even pull guards into a watery grave with new assassination moves.

The game will feature a notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and even the general populace will treat you. As he sows discord and assassinates targets, Ezio's infamy grows, causing increased suspicion and alarm... "When you're notorious, new missions will appear. For instance, you might be asked to assassinate the witnesses, bribe the people who are talking about you, or get rid of posters of your face in the city."

...Ezio can disarm an enemy and then use that weapon against them... on top of that, each of the dozens of weapons have their own special move...

...A branching network of contacts provides hints and suggestions that move you through cities and through constantly changing objectives... these missions are rarely transparent repeats of earlier events.. Passive mission types like eavesdropping have disappeared, replaced by more active endeavors, like chasing a fleeing man... "But we're also saying, let's sometimes put two misisons back to back. So you start by doing a delivery, and that transforms into a chase, and then you end up with a killing mission..."

The health system has been adjusted to allow for a more dynamic and participatory experience. Maintaining memory "sync" helps to recharge your health up to a point, but grievous injuries require a trip to one of the many street-side doctors, who can return you to full strength...

You no longer need to select the hidden blade before an assassination - you'll automatically use it if the target is unaware.

...The game introduces a host of new enemy types, each with unique attitudes and weaknesses... Agile dagger wielders share the same free-running abilities that Ezio utilizes... Brutish armored troops represent a different challenge; their heavy armor and two-handed swords can be devastating in close combat... The intelligent halberd wielders... will go so far as to probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're nearby.

Scattered about the world of Renaissance Italy are a number of hidden objects to uncover, but they now come with concrete, in-game bonuses that will make it worth a player's time to hunt them down...

flibitijibibo
April 11th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Oh thank christ that middle area is gone. When the end of the game finally let me teleport, I couldn't help but think "why the fuck can't they just let us do this in the first place?"

The notoriety system sounds like this game's gamble feature. By that, I mean it's the system that sounds like it could make the game much better, but could ultimately do more harm than good. I like the idea of having more control of your rep, but I feel like the way some of that will be handled will make you feel less like an assassin and more like Nico's renaissance ancestor (I know that makes no geographical/genetic sense).

ThePlague
April 12th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Awesome.

jngrow
April 12th, 2009, 03:03 AM
While these improvements seem cool, none of them make me care that much at all. I want more than just cities and tiny little outposts that are just there to annoy you.

But yay, swimming.

Corndogman
April 12th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Loved the first game, and I love their viral advertising. Its definitely got me hooked. Will be getting the game.

^Great info ifafudafi.

I like that they've removed the traveling between cities, but I hope they still have some natural environments. From an art standpoint I'd like to see it in the game.

JunkfoodMan
April 12th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Oh thank christ that middle area is gone. When the end of the game finally let me teleport, I couldn't help but think "why the fuck can't they just let us do this in the first place?"

The notoriety system sounds like this game's gamble feature. By that, I mean it's the system that sounds like it could make the game much better, but could ultimately do more harm than good. I like the idea of having more control of your rep, but I feel like the way some of that will be handled will make you feel less like an assassin and more like Nico's renaissance ancestor (I know that makes no geographical/genetic sense).
I think the rep system is meant to fix the psychic-guard syndrome present in the first game. It's a way of increasing the difficulty as the game progresses.

Warsaw
April 12th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Oh, hello:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/blogs/rumor-control/909119209/26843382/assassins-creed-2-details-leaked.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;4

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200904/N09.0410.0649.28372.htm

The former offers a lot of supposedly "leaked" information from a Ubisofts forums detailing a lot of information about the game. If it's true, AC2 looks to be a lot more varied that AC1 with a lot more weapon choices, missions and scenery (with the whole day and night thing), so I hope it's as good as their making it sound.

Yes!

I wonder if they'll keep the AC series going all the way up through the colonial age, Napoleonic wars, and the Industrial/Imperial Age...there's a lot of potential for assassinations in those periods, especially WWI and WWII.

Str1d3r_V_C0r3
April 13th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Assassin's creed was one of the best games I ever played. Can't wait.

Hotrod
April 13th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I'm not sure I like how all the cities are glued together, but I have a feeling that I'll get used to it, and prefer it over the old system.

Jean-Luc
May 1st, 2009, 08:55 PM
First screens. Likin dis a lot.

http://www.mondoxbox.com/immagini.php?game=616

thehoodedsmack
May 1st, 2009, 09:05 PM
Looking good.

Hotrod
May 1st, 2009, 11:00 PM
Looking quite sexy in my opinion, can't wait. :)

Cortexian
May 4th, 2009, 02:37 AM
http://www.mondoxbox.com/images/shots/48/48686.jpg

Awesome.

thehoodedsmack
May 4th, 2009, 06:43 AM
That's one sexy hotlink. Fixed:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/thehoodedsmack/ac2.jpg

Cortexian
May 4th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Mine works just fine, lol.

TeeKup
May 5th, 2009, 07:49 AM
The new suit seems too flamboyant for an assassin. :/

k4is3rxkh40s
May 5th, 2009, 01:14 PM
That's one sexy hotlink. Fixed:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/thehoodedsmack/ac2.jpg

I thought assassins were supposed to be missing a finger?

The new suit seems too flamboyant for an assassin. :/

Looks like it's probably set during the Renaissance, everything is probably flamboyant. Probably in Italy, just to make it closer in time to the Crusades when AC1 took place

BobtheGreatII
May 5th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I thought assassins were supposed to be missing a finger?

According to Ubisoft, with the new inventions from DaVinci, it was no longer required to lose a finger to use the knives on his arm.

Cortexian
May 6th, 2009, 12:53 AM
According to Ubisoft, with the new inventions from DaVinci, it was no longer required to lose a finger to use the knives on his arm.
Which doesn't contradict the fact that Lucy in AC1 was missing a finger at all... Because we all know that Renaissance technology outstrips modern day technology!

BobtheGreatII
May 6th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Which doesn't contradict the fact that Lucy in AC1 was missing a finger at all... Because we all know that Renaissance technology outstrips modern day technology!

She didn't have her finger missing... she was just hiding it to show Desmond

...which is also shown by her showing Desmond her left hand and symbolically pulling in her ring finger to have it appear like Altaïr's missing finger, and is spying on Abstergo Industries....

Edit:
Stil don't believe me?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/AssassinsCreed_Desmond_and_Lucy.png
All of her fingers are present.

Cortexian
May 6th, 2009, 01:19 AM
I thought she had like a fake finder that she removed or something. I haven't played through it forever.

Hotrod
May 6th, 2009, 06:36 AM
I thought she had like a fake finder that she removed or something. I haven't played through it forever.
They never talked about her fingers in the game at all, unless I was half-dead when playing at that point.

Cortexian
May 6th, 2009, 11:59 AM
They never talked about her fingers in the game at all, unless I was half-dead when playing at that point.
Yea I know, but I thought she removed something that was covering the fact that her finger was cut. But whatever, like I said, I played it a long while ago now.

That and my mind is currently set on Mass Effect and taking Ashly in a manly fashion.

Sunray
May 6th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I don't think this has been posted/mentioned:
RzEefgpIk8k

Doesn't add much, but it's something.

Huero
May 6th, 2009, 03:41 PM
It has :(

BobtheGreatII
October 27th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I don't know who saw, but they're coming out with some short films for Assassin's Creed II, they actually looked pretty freaking cool. I'll post the videos once I'm home from work.

Jean-Luc
October 27th, 2009, 03:13 PM
I don't know who saw, but they're coming out with some short films for Assassin's Creed II, they actually looked pretty freaking cool. I'll post the videos once I'm home from work.

xqGk33RAZA8

From the thread 3 lines below this one :downs:

paladin
October 28th, 2009, 03:33 AM
:nsmug:

Kornman00
October 28th, 2009, 06:38 AM
mwahahahahahaha, look at how nsmug you are :haw:

Sel
October 28th, 2009, 02:22 PM

you're dumb

you're dumb

First Assassin's Creed game rocked, (and was on sale for 5$ a few days ago).

Ganon
October 28th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I never even figured out how to play and complete the story in the first one. I just went around doing random shit, it was great.

NullZero
October 28th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Re-playing Assassin's Creed again today. Just reminded me of how awesome it is.

Can't wait for AC2

BobtheGreatII
October 28th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Re-playing Assassin's Creed again today. Just reminded me of how awesome it is.

Can't wait for AC2

Ha ha, yeah I started over last night.

paladin
October 28th, 2009, 06:28 PM
mwahahahahahaha, look at how nsmug you are :haw:

:ehhh:

Limited
October 30th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Having played the game today, I can say, what a warm welcome to the second installment.

The game is amazing, its taken the best parts of 1 and just vamped them and improved them.

I played a small mission, where you had to take out some archers then attach a dude within a castle. The controls, mainly free running seem even smoother now, you can easily jump into rooms.

Tackling is actually worth while now, because you can curb stomp people. :D

You can now buy weapons/armor, although you will need to like unlock some, and become a master of them.

Recruiting thieves is great, see a group of dudes that you really need to get past, but cant be arsed to attack them? Pay some thieves to be in your group and set them to attack, then just walk by unnoticed.

Swimming, I gotta say I wasnt overly impressed, although you can kill people using water, which is pretty cool. Eagle vision can now be turned on any time, during climbing up a wall, it is now toggled, so you can keep it on and run around which is cool, your not stuck to not moving with it on.

The storyline is actually good, its not just "kill some random dude who did blah blah", it actually has a reason and matters, its well thought out.

Weapon selecting is now alot better, it pops up like the circle menu in Halo Wars, and you select which you want and boom you have it.

Stealing peoples weapons is always a laugh, nabbing their big axe and then killing them is fun, it won't always work though so be careful :D

Another cool adaption is when in heighten mode, instead of them knowing where you are and for some reason recognizing you, this time they will put up wanted posters on the wall, people nearby may see them and recognize you then try to take you out, you can rip down the posters to stop them seeing them.

Cant really think of any thing else to say really.

Oh also, for people who dont know, you dont play as Altiar, you play as a new guy called Ezio, you also dont start as an assassin, you start around the age of 17 and have to work your way up till about 40 something. You learn the tools of the trade and become an assassin, which is cool.

Cortexian
October 30th, 2009, 06:37 PM
It's out?

Limited
October 30th, 2009, 06:53 PM
It's out?
No, comes out 17th November, I just got a special chance to play it.

BobtheGreatII
October 30th, 2009, 07:06 PM
No, comes out 17th November, I just got a special chance to play it.

Means he worked the corner for it. :-3

NullZero
October 30th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the little review limited +1

If what you're saying is true, then this has become my most anticipated game this year.

What are the graphics like compared to AC1?

paladin
October 30th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Man, I love my birthday. L4D2, MW2, AC 2.... Im gonna have no time for school

SilentChaos
October 30th, 2009, 09:14 PM
I never really played much of AC1 but this is looking really good. The new mission system sounds awesome compared to AC1.

I'm also NOV birthday, looking forward to a lot of good games as gifts :neckbeard:

FireDragon04
October 30th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Man, I love my birthday. L4D2, MW2, AC 2.... Im gonna have no time for school

Meh MW2 is over hyped, never been a fan of COD games, i guess i don't get my daily dose of escapism with every button press as i do with games like Halo and Mass Effect.

Assassins Creed 2 is defiantly the only game next to Dragon Age i'm looking forward to this year. Decemember is going to be a lonely, cold month for me and games... guess i'll have to go see Avatar :smith:

Soooo... Limited how'd you get to play it? Sleep with a Ubisoft guy aye? Us British and having sex with Jade'Raymond's' its crazy.

Limited
October 31st, 2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the little review limited +1

If what you're saying is true, then this has become my most anticipated game this year.

What are the graphics like compared to AC1?
Graphics are slightly improved, but to me it wasnt like OMFG they are so delicious now!, they were good before and yeah pretty good now. One of the biggest visible improvements if when you do eagle eye above the city, it actually looks like the city (where as AC1, all eagle eyes looked same), it has good draw distance too.

Also though who are wondering, these are the cities you play in:

Tuscany/Monteriggioni
Venice
Rome
Florence
Forli
San Gimignano

:P Not telling how I played it, I also played alot of other new games, Heavy Rain, God of War 2, Avatar, Left 4 Dead 2, Dantes Inferno, MAG and more.
and I cant remember the last.

BobtheGreatII
October 31st, 2009, 11:27 AM
Geagh!, stop spoiling the fucking game dude! Spoiler tags.

Does anyone know if you can get the Black Edition outside of the UK?

Kornman00
December 24th, 2009, 06:16 PM

I'd like to take the fucking assassination blade and jam it into every person's head who was responsible for the fucking last Seal puzzle.

Then I'd like to revert to save and cut their fucking heads off with the butcher's knife.

Fuck. You. Ubisoft.

Timo
December 24th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Damn fun game. I hired it out for 3 days but didn't get to play it much so I ended up spending another $10 to keep it for another 3. It took a while to get going though, but even with that it was worthwhile playing it to its end.

killer9856
December 24th, 2009, 09:20 PM
I rented it for 3 days. Its more fun than the first Ill say that.

Kornman00
December 25th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Yeah, I agree, they did a good job making it so it isn't so repetitive and giving you more ways to perform your assassinations (woot smoke bombs). However, I want Altair's fucking armor. However, this last Seal puzzle IS GAYER THAN RICHARD SIMMONS!

Timo
December 25th, 2009, 02:45 AM
I did it after a second attempt, the first time I rage quit because he kept doing a fucking swan dive backward instead of jumping over to the right. Rage.

jcap
December 25th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I agree, they did a good job making it so it isn't so repetitive and giving you more ways to perform your assassinations (woot smoke bombs). However, I want Altair's fucking armor. However, this last Seal puzzle IS GAYER THAN RICHARD SIMMONS!
lookit u. lookit how mad u r. lookit dis noob. so mad.

Kornman00
December 25th, 2009, 10:37 AM
lookit u. lookit how mad u r. lookit dis noob. so mad.
awwwww, is someone :maddowns:ing because they can't find someone with hd capture and devkits :downs:?

I did it after a second attempt, the first time I rage quit because he kept doing a fucking swan dive backward instead of jumping over to the right. Rage.
Tis why I rage quit too. I'm lucky I didn't turn my controller into a projectile and into my flat screen.

jcap
December 25th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I kept jumping off the wall the wrong direction too many times during that puzzle. It took me like 30 minutes to do that last part. I wonder if ShadowSpartan kept the log of me raging so hard after I made it 95% of the way and running out of time.

ShadowSpartan
December 25th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I kept jumping off the wall the wrong direction too many times during that puzzle.
I did the same thing, I was happy to finally get that shit finished.

It took me like 30 minutes to do that last part. I wonder if ShadowSpartan kept the log of me raging so hard after I made it 95% of the way and running out of time.
I just took a quick look at my logs, didn't find anything, you sure it was me? I remember you talking about the ending (when I hadn't even started playing it yet). Edit my post if you don't want it posted.

jrcap14 (5:53:36 PM): BLEED BITCH
jrcap14 (5:54:27 PM): oh no
jrcap14 (5:59:55 PM): whoa
jrcap14 (6:01:03 PM): this game has such a crazy ending
jrcap14 (6:01:07 PM): WOW
jrcap14 (6:01:09 PM): SHIT
jrcap14 (6:03:03 PM): so that links with the....
jrcap14 (6:03:11 PM): OH
jrcap14 (6:04:12 PM): OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
jrcap14 (6:04:21 PM): So that's the reason behind 2012
jrcap14 (6:05:35 PM): .......
jrcap14 (6:05:38 PM): everything....
ShadowSpartan1 (6:05:41 PM): wth...
jrcap14 (6:06:16 PM): !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jrcap14 (6:06:19 PM): HOLY SHIT
jrcap14 (6:06:46 PM): game overOn another note, fuck the developers for not allowing you to go back and play specific missions. I didn't get the Fly Swatter achievement when I played through it, so now if I want to get it I have to play through the whole game again. Though I'm probably gonna do that sometime anyway.

Kornman00
December 26th, 2009, 02:51 AM
IIRC, even AC1 allowed you to go back to different memory chapters or w/e they're called. Or maybe it was just to view a summery what happened in each chapter. Check out the pause menu under the database or something

SiriusTexra
December 26th, 2009, 05:58 AM
The gameplay was cool but repetitive in the first one. After playing prototype it seems SOOO slow getting around now.

It was mainly the story that got me. The whole, knights templars who created freemasonry stealing the holy grail and the 10 commandments from Solomons temple, scientists trying to locate the templars treasure etc to take over the world on behalf of the government, using some guy who has memories of it etc.

Has lots of parallels to my fav conspiracy theory. The whole thing about Isreal being established where the original Solomons temple was built, and the freemasons who run society today are , in the short version, getting revenge on the muslims and claiming the holy land back for the arrival of their so called pale horse, antichrist, jesus, morning star, whatever they wanna call it. Mecca being the exact golden ratio point of earth, using the Fibonacci pattern etc etc.

No idea what the new ones about though. I'm guessing it's gunna cover the jesuit/pagan/catholic/white pope-black pope/davinci shit? Hopefully none of that dan brown science fiction fake history whitewash shit makes an impression.

Should be cool though, I hope they changed the really stupid "jump from building into haystack" shit. Combat was a little too easy too in the first one, once you figured out just to counter every move and stand still. A bit like Arkham Asylums combat system would be great, actually rolling combat, rather than just turned based attacking that had the illusion of fluidity.

Also, I really thought in the first one, that you'd eventually escape from the science lab IRL game land and parkour over NYC or something, getting away from the government. I was a little bummed that never happened, I was totally expecting it the whole time.

Maybe that's where AC3 is going?

ShadowSpartan
December 26th, 2009, 10:16 AM
IIRC, even AC1 allowed you to go back to different memory chapters or w/e they're called. Or maybe it was just to view a summery what happened in each chapter. Check out the pause menu under the database or something
AC1 did have it, but it is not included in AC2. Kind of stupid to remove it, hopefully they will patch it in sometime, but I won't be holding my breath.

Kornman00
December 27th, 2009, 12:11 AM
I'm kinda wondering if someone on the story team talked to anyone making Knowing's script.

Pretty sure the Animus will be minor in AC3 with real life interaction being prominent. Kinda wonder how the deaths will be played out then as there will be nothing to desync with :-3

PlasbianX
January 2nd, 2010, 07:54 PM
I'm kinda wondering if someone on the story team talked to anyone making Knowing's script.

Pretty sure the Animus will be minor in AC3 with real life interaction being prominent. Kinda wonder how the deaths will be played out then as there will be nothing to desync with :-3

I agree. Just got this game today brand new from best buy for $40. :iamafag:

The very first few mins of the game make me feel the next game will definitely be set all around Desmond.