PDA

View Full Version : Random Crashes

FRain
April 18th, 2009, 12:06 PM
So as all of you probably know, for the past 3 months my computer was acting up and I wasnt able to fix it. I went to best buy and bought a new PSU which worked a charm on my comp. I still have problems that persist quite often but seem not to do anything.

1 - My two most used apps Firefox and Max seem to crash at random times while I'm doing something. Most of the time firefox crashes when I am watching a video using flash (such as the Colbert Report) or on youtube. Max crashes whenever it autosaves and I'm clicking something at the same time. This just baffles me on why it does this.

2 - My comp crashes about every 12-14 hours, at random intervals, usually after I click something. When it crashes ( hard crash, not BSOD ), it restarts itself just fine and its ok for another 12 hours.

Now, my comp works, but these things just annoy the shit out of me when I'm working on something and then (beeeeeeeew.........broooooooop)

ThePlague
April 18th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Sounds like a faulty HDD. It's happened to me before and made annoying noises, so I got another one and it worked fine.