PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Blackberry Storm Owners

SnaFuBAR
April 20th, 2009, 04:34 PM
So guys, I'll be getting a Storm this week, and I was wondering what suggestions you guys have in general? I want to get the most out of it.

Huero
April 20th, 2009, 04:37 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/20/functional-pip-boy-mod-for-blackberry/
<_<

Cortexian
April 20th, 2009, 06:22 PM
1. Improve your screen click with the business card fix or by adjusting the two screws under the cover (one's under a warning sticker).

2. Install the BlackBerry World App.

3. ???

4. Profit.

Heathen
April 20th, 2009, 06:53 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/20/functional-pip-boy-mod-for-blackberry/
<_<
This is what I was gonna say.

E: Dammit, it was huero that posted it. You fucker.

LinkandKvel
April 20th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Are you paying an extra 30 bucks a month for the mandatory unlimited e-mail plan? If not i'm raising all hell at my verizon.

SnaFuBAR
April 20th, 2009, 10:52 PM
why the fuck would i pay that :s

Cortexian
April 20th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Are you paying an extra 30 bucks a month for the mandatory unlimited e-mail plan? If not i'm raising all hell at my verizon.
Who the fuck needs unlimited email? What you need on a phone like the Storm is unlimited data.

Atty
April 20th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Only way to get a storm in the United States is on Verizon with the mandatory unlimited data plan which is $30 dollars a month for normal users (or $23 dollars a month for me, since I work for their partner companies.)

Anyway, get a Seidio Innocase II. I love mine, the material is made so it will easily slide in and out of pockets, it protects all the important parts of your phone, and the one or two times I've dropped mine it's protected from any scratches on the actual phone.

My most used apps are:
iheartradio
Pandora (recently useable on Storm)
Viigo
Poynt

If you want a more responsive system, clear out the cluttered mess that is your home screens. Limit to four apps on the home screen and clear out all but one, non-scrolled page, on the second screen. Use folders for everything.

If you have any questions ask me on AIM and go register on Crackberry.

Cortexian
April 20th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Also get the Seidio Spring-Clip holster, I've got one and it's awesome. If you get the Innocase, make sure to get the Innocase holster because the regular holster doesn't fit a Storm with an Innocase.