PDA

View Full Version : Sup, New guy here!

Leviathan
April 22nd, 2009, 02:55 PM
Hi, I wish to share a little about me so you guys on the forums can know somethings about me. I'm currently in college and I'm taking a course in 3d design. I learned a little bit about 3ds max over the past months. Right now our class is starting an assignment to create a game level for any given game using any level designing program. So i chose Halo CE and plan to create a level in 3ds max. Right now i have a layout for a level based on the pillar of autumn level. I wrote down some ideas and took screenshots of parts of the pillar of autumn level as concepts. One of my ideas was having a base looking out on the other base so that players from the other team can see eachother but can't shoot because of a glass wall. I got the idea when i looked at the first part of the pillar of autumn when you get out of the cryo chamber. Anyways i will post some renders once i get to 50 percent of it done. Bye!

flibitijibibo
April 22nd, 2009, 03:04 PM
Have any basic drawings of it we can see? It's a bit difficult to see the idea with just text.

Heathen
April 22nd, 2009, 03:21 PM
If this is Robert G, its kind of early for an alt.

If its not, hi.

Inferno
April 22nd, 2009, 03:33 PM
When modeling the level remember to account for the sealed world rules of halo.
Good luck.

Corndogman
April 22nd, 2009, 04:13 PM
If this is Robert G, its kind of early for an alt.

If its not, hi.

I'm not sure but I think Leviathan is a guy from halomaps. I don't think he's the same person as Robert/itails/etc.

L0d3x
April 22nd, 2009, 04:20 PM
Welcome Leviathan, enjoy your stay at this formidable place where people are gay (in the happy way).

PopeAK49
April 22nd, 2009, 05:56 PM
Nice too meet you.

Leviathan
April 22nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
I just got the name from reading a story about the famous Leviathan sea creature. Also I have read the HEK a week ago so I'm aware of all the rules.

Timo
April 22nd, 2009, 06:09 PM
Bye new guy!!!

Timo
April 23rd, 2009, 06:34 PM
Benefit of the doubt, only shares a school's IP. Please continue :F

DEElekgolo
April 23rd, 2009, 06:48 PM
You do stuff?

PopeAK49
April 23rd, 2009, 06:51 PM
I was wondering why he was banned, and you thought he was a duplicate account of me. Turns out that he goes to my school and that he's a teacher aid person for after school at a 3d design class. Sweet can't wait to meet you Leviathan.

Choking Victim
April 23rd, 2009, 06:53 PM
You do stuff?
:gtfo:

Now that he was banned, the guy probably won't come back. A nice first impression. But it is a strange coincidence.

supersniper
April 23rd, 2009, 07:33 PM
I'm sure he'll come back
maybe...

Leviathan
April 23rd, 2009, 08:08 PM
I'm with PopeAK49 at our local cafe, talking about stuff right now of what i should do with the level design.

Sel
April 23rd, 2009, 09:03 PM
damn alaskans

also pope is pretty good with level design, and has made some nice shit, so he's a pretty good tutor.

.Wolf™
April 26th, 2009, 04:30 AM
I was wondering why he was banned, and you thought he was a duplicate account of me. Turns out that he goes to my school and that he's a teacher aid person for after school at a 3d design class. Sweet can't wait to meet you Leviathan.

That got to be random...

"Nice to meet you"..Damn so random...

Corndogman
April 26th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I think you mean awkward, not random.

Heathen
April 26th, 2009, 09:09 PM
I think you mean awkward, not random.
this

Leviathan
June 15th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Sorry I have not been posting lately, but I've been working a lot the past month in good ole Seward. Working 8 hours each day with the smell of fresh fish gave me wishing I was home, but I soon adapted and made a lot of money.

Since I just got back don't plan to see any progress yet, but I've got 3 layouts I have drawn on paper which are forerunner, covenant and human themed. The modeling for these levels are not going to be too extreme but are going to have the basic architecture like in the multiplayer maps but maybe some added details.

Probably in a week or so I will show some progress of the levels, but right now I need to rest. Goodnight Yal!

Malloy
June 15th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Hooray.

Sel
June 16th, 2009, 07:07 AM
hi

again

Disaster
June 16th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Bye
He'll be back in another month
Again

Malloy
June 16th, 2009, 09:47 AM
With no pictures..

Again.

PopeAK49
June 16th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Come on guys he just got back from working 8 hour days, endlessly hulling fishing around. When he has pictures I'm sure he will show them. He even stated that he will have renders of the progress in a week. I mean he posted mostly to tell us that he still is part of the community and that he is now going to start designing levels. Besides, I bet most of you don't know what it's like hulling hundreds and hundreds of pounds of fish for 8 hours per day.

Leviathan
June 23rd, 2009, 04:35 PM
I'm working on a base for one of my maps, and I tried to combined both infinity and death islands architecture. This is what I got:

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac185/leviathanAK/pic4324.png

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac185/leviathanAK/pic434.png

I'm still far from having the base complete because I still need to add detail to the exterior and model an interior with a death island look.

Roostervier
June 23rd, 2009, 04:38 PM
It's fat and a bit bland. You should taper the top and try to look at all the forerunner architecture you can. Otherwise it's an okay start.

ThePlague
June 23rd, 2009, 05:10 PM
It's fat and a bit bland.
I'd say not only this, but forerunner stuff is never that fat. Also your doors need epic work, because it doesn't match the structure design you're going for.

Make the top part thinner, work on your doors, and like flyinrooster said, look at some forerunner architecture to get ideas to make yours better. I'd suggest looking at Death island or The Silent Cartographer to get some, because that looks the closest to what you've got so far.

It's okay, but it could be a ton better. Keep working.

Leviathan
June 23rd, 2009, 05:17 PM
Those are not doors there teleporter entrances so you can go from the top to the bottom and from the bottom to the top. O and I'm aware that the base is kind of fat but the only reason is because if i made it any skinnier the entrances on the sides will be to close togeather. I'll try as best as i can to modify it. I just don't want to go overboard with detail. Thanks for the crit so far.

Lateksi
June 23rd, 2009, 05:29 PM
The reason Death Island structures don't look that fat even when they're pretty much the same width as yours, is that they're round. Your's isn't round and it looks fat. It would look interesting if it was a bit rounder imo. Want me to say round one more time? ^^

Leviathan
June 23rd, 2009, 06:12 PM
I made the front a little rounder and it sure make's it less thick looking. I also modified the back a little bit.

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac185/leviathanAK/pi45435.png

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac185/leviathanAK/pic56645.png

Sel
June 23rd, 2009, 09:08 PM
still too fat

Sever
June 23rd, 2009, 09:19 PM
You're trying to make a structure that has already been perfected, let alone copied numerous times. Be original.

Leviathan
June 24th, 2009, 02:26 PM
You're trying to make a structure that has already been perfected, let alone copied numerous times. Be original.

So? I've seen people make a base similar to sidewinders base with the same exterior but have a different interior design.

I might just start a new exterior design since it still looks fat. Although it was nice practice for my first forerunner design.

Malloy
June 24th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Yeh keep at it, All ways go ingame and get screenshots for reference then base your dimensions upon the reference instead of winging it. (which is what your fat forerunner thingy looks like you've done). Yeah cool beans.

Leviathan
June 24th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Got some interior modeled so i can see your guys opinions on what i should do better on. This is probably going to be the last render for awhile.

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac185/leviathanAK/int1.png

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac185/leviathanAK/int2.png

FluffyDucky™
June 24th, 2009, 04:45 PM
It looks heaps like DeathIsland's bases... Try be more original is my advice, sorry. You have the ability to model, so try and create something totally unique. :)

Leviathan
June 24th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Sigh..Should I keep kind of the same architecture but have a totally different layout to the base so it doesn't seem the same? like for example, Arteen's casualty island map.

Inferno
June 24th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Lol it only looks like 1 wall of the death island base. Doesn't mean its the same base.

Silly rabbit Ducky.

FluffyDucky™
June 25th, 2009, 08:15 AM
I didn't say it's the same, I'm saying it looks extremely similar, and yeah Lev, I'm talking about the inside of it so keep the stucture. That's my opinion anyways..