PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Slows Down In 3D Applications

BobtheGreatII
April 25th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, and just noticed this. But when I opened up H2V my mouse was slow. Not lagging. But it was like the speed was turned down a lot. When I exit Halo, it's normal speed. So then I thought I would do some modeling. So I opened Max 8 and it did the same thing. Then Max 9, and again the same thing.

I can have the program running, and be in another window, and my mouse returns to my set speed, but if I click in to the Max window, it slows down again.

Anyone know why this is happening? :confused2:

Edit:

Also, it has nothing to do with speed or anything... Max was running at over 200 FPS... so frame rate has nothing to do with that.

itszutak
April 25th, 2009, 11:22 PM
H2V has a lot of mouse issues. I haven't touched it since I tried going into a vehicle, but I think the only thing you can do is use a controller instead :(

BobtheGreatII
April 26th, 2009, 12:10 AM
H2V has a lot of mouse issues. I haven't touched it since I tried going into a vehicle, but I think the only thing you can do is use a controller instead :(

I can play fine with the mouse. I'm worried about 3ds Max more than I am Halo. The mouse being slow thing doesn't effect anything in game. Just on the menu.

legionaire45
April 26th, 2009, 12:52 AM
I know that logitech has some stuff in their driver that changes the speed of the mouse based on whether a "game" is being run; if you're running a driver that has a feature like that, maybe it's thinking that anything with directX or OpenGL is a game and slowing it down?

Syuusuke
April 26th, 2009, 10:15 AM
You could check if legionaire is right by closing the logitech mouse software.

BobtheGreatII
April 26th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I know that logitech has some stuff in their driver that changes the speed of the mouse based on whether a "game" is being run; if you're running a driver that has a feature like that, maybe it's thinking that anything with directX or OpenGL is a game and slowing it down?

Thank you very much. That was the problem.

+rep