PDA

View Full Version : Two things about MAX

paladin
April 28th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Max 9... two things:

1, when using the create function, what do you toggle off so that if you don't click on exactly a vertice, it doesn't create a new one.

2, i cant change any object properties. For some reason, back-facing culled is toggled off on object creation and its really annoying when creating faces and it pops up illegal face creation and you cant tell which face is facing the wrong way. When I go to object properties, pretty much the entire dialog box is grayed out.

halp :ehhh:

ThePlague
April 28th, 2009, 07:17 PM
1. Are you using editable poly or mesh? In poly you don't use the vertex tool to create faces, you use face mode create.

2. I don't exactly know that one...Maybe you just can't create faces in that area.

paladin
April 28th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Im using poly, and when in face selection mode and I go to create a new face, if I dont click directly on a vertice, it creates a new one.

Anton
April 28th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I don't think that you can toggle that off, however, the second error/option problem you're receiving, I too am having this issue every now and then. Any help on #2 would be highly appreciated. *For me the options are all grayed out*

Roostervier
April 29th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Okay, I used to have a problem similar to this, so I hope this helps:

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/6084/maxbefore.jpg

Is everything greyed out like that?

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2250/maxafter.jpg

What you do is click those buttons I have red rectangles around. If backface cull on object creation is enabled, once you click those buttons, it should backface cull.

paladin
April 29th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,

Anton
April 29th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Indeed, thank you. +rep.

Maniac
April 29th, 2009, 04:37 PM
I will just use this thread if thats ok.
In max9, when in the unwrap modifier, everything thats being unwrapped shows as selected (red) in the main viewport window, even when in the unwrap/edit window there are no polys selected.
In max 8 it always shows only whats selected in the unwrap /edit window as being selected in the main vieport view.
Help would be great as its very annoying.

Roostervier
April 29th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Lol, no problem (@paladin and anton). It took me a lot of tries to find out what was wrong. Then I randomly clicked one of those buttons, saw that I could again change the options, and the problem was solved.

paladin
April 29th, 2009, 08:53 PM
haha