PDA

View Full Version : kicking issue

skz333
May 8th, 2009, 11:16 PM
when i afk in my server, i get this error where is says "network lost" or game ended , when the game has not ended.

is this a router issue or a halo issue? any ideas would be awesome.

Rook
May 8th, 2009, 11:18 PM
It could be where its fucking broke and game servers may need to manual reinstall it. Just sying I never got da issue in your server.

IDK though I'm just rook

(that cod5 folder should not be in the ftp)

Cortexian
May 9th, 2009, 04:01 PM
reinstall your server, as I told Rook. The last time I saw another games files in my Game Servers FTP it was because THEIR system was messed up. They had to reboot the machine and reinstall my game iirc.

Sel
May 9th, 2009, 04:16 PM
get rid of sapp

Inferno
May 9th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I have that problem when playing LAN on my router but never online.

Cortexian
May 9th, 2009, 07:46 PM
get rid of sapp
It's not the problem.

jcap
May 9th, 2009, 09:37 PM
You're just losing your connection to the server. Probably something with your modem/router, or however you connect.

skz333
May 9th, 2009, 10:45 PM
You're just losing your connection to the server. Probably something with your modem/router, or however you connect.

I THINK THAT oops is exactly correct. i just dont have any idea how to remedy this problem. i connect via an 8 port linksys wired router through a dsl. this issue is very frustrating and i suspect it has something to do with the different machines that connect to the halo server on different OS.

This entire post is after reinstalling the server after rook 'almost' installed rec0's ap on it. and i ve never used to much liked sapp. so it s not the server it something wrong here but i dount know how /if i can fix it. just get 'kicked' or lagged out= (

Cortexian
May 9th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Yea, Rook let me have a go at installing Rec0's app... For some reason the haloceded_extended.exe won't kick in and start Rec0's app, no idea why.

blind
May 10th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Stop idling for hours in the server taking up a slot, faggot.

Cortexian
May 10th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Stop idling for hours in the server taking up a slot, faggot.
I'm not sure what the faces even do while they're "idling", I've kicked AFK players (including faces) from their server and they immediately rejoin so they're obviously NOT AFK...

skz333
May 10th, 2009, 11:47 PM
i m just gonna open a port for halo on my router. mb that will help.

Rook
May 11th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Running 6 halo clients in the same server at the same time can't be helping either :/

skz333
May 11th, 2009, 08:24 PM
i dont see what that has to do with anything rook

NOW, guys. i m really getting pissed.

i forward the ports recommended for halo pc on my router. it has had no effect. the clients still lose connection randomly without staying in the server for more than 1 day ever.

very frsutrating. more research is needed. any pointed advice would be awesome.

Cortexian
May 11th, 2009, 09:46 PM

Are you actually running multiple instances on the same machine all connected to the same server? Not only is this pointless but it's most likely causing conflicting port issues or something.

skz333
May 16th, 2009, 11:27 PM
look like alot of traffic on ce becuase of gamenight or something. thats cool guys. i ve been out of town.

any ideas on how to forward ports or some other solution to stop my AFK halo ce player from constantly losing connection every few hours?