PDA

View Full Version : Material error

Delta4907
May 9th, 2009, 05:08 PM
I've gotten this before, but I never had it fixed. I think it has to do with the materials, but I'm not sure what. All my materials are named and index properly, so I don't know what could be the problem.

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk356/DELTA-49/material_error.png

p0lar_bear
May 9th, 2009, 05:49 PM
One or more of the triangles in your BSP don't have a correct material ID.

Hopefully your map isn't too complex. A quick, though ugly, fix is to select all faces in your map and just give them a MatID of 1. Then you could go through and reapply the materials correctly.

Delta4907
May 9th, 2009, 06:20 PM
One or more of the triangles in your BSP don't have a correct material ID.

Hopefully your map isn't too complex. A quick, though ugly, fix is to select all faces in your map and just give them a MatID of 1. Then you could go through and reapply the materials correctly.

Oh sorry, forgot to mention that this is a biped, or at least a permutation of one. And I'm sure I've tried your suggestion before, but I'll try again anyway. Thanks.

FireScythe
May 9th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Or alternatively, open your material editor, and in your edit poly under material ID's turn off clear selection and go through typing your multimaterial ID's in and hitting select ID. Then invert your selection when done.

Delta4907
May 9th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Ok so going through and renaming the faces to the proper ID didn't work. I'll try your suggestion FireScythe.

bobbysoon
May 9th, 2009, 07:21 PM
or check your multimaterial's IDs. You got geometry using IDs not in the list.
And also, non-sequential materials (ie, 1,2,4,7,8) in the multi(s) may not be handled correctly by the exporter, but I'm not sure, I never got around to verifying that

Delta4907
May 9th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Or alternatively, open your material editor, and in your edit poly under material ID's turn off clear selection and go through typing your multimaterial ID's in and hitting select ID. Then invert your selection when done.
Do you think you could elaborate a little more? I got lost at the edit poly part. :confused2:

Edit: Wtf, I just tried compiling again and it worked, and this was after fixing some unweighted vertexes. Oh well, thanks for the help anyway.