PDA

View Full Version : Biped problem

Delta4907
May 10th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Ok so after fixing that material error yesterday, I was able to compile the biped. But I think something went wrong:
http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk356/DELTA-49/AHOBOV12009-05-0923-43-34-69.png
And yes, it is the Halo 3 Beta model, I just wanted to practice rigging. In 3ds, if I import an animation from the cyborg, it works fine, but it looks like that ingame. I'm not sure if it's because I had to change the node checksum, because whenever I compile a model, the checksum is always 3251. (Not sure if that's common either). Any help would be appreciated. Also, there are three bipeds placed, so thats why you see three left thighs.

Advancebo
May 11th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Did you change the way the bones were linked?

Delta4907
May 11th, 2009, 05:47 PM
All the bones are linked accordingly. I imported the bones from the cyborg gbxmodel.

Spartan094
May 11th, 2009, 06:42 PM
E: (he said he tested the animations in max, my bad) btw guys he was doing a trick i show'd him how to convert the already pre-rigged spartan into ce, and theres your problem delta, nodechecksums shouldnt be 3251, it should be 1828349080
EE: use kornmans edited version of guerilla to fix it
EEE: he did it already..dont work

Delta4907
May 11th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I know what the checksum SHOULD be, as I always change it manually. I'm just saying whenever I compile a model, by default the checksum is always 3251, and I do use Kornman's hacked Guerilla, and ahobo. Bt I use the normal tool.

Choking Victim
May 11th, 2009, 06:51 PM
E: (he said he tested the animations in max, my bad) btw guys he was doing a trick i show'd him how to convert the already pre-rigged spartan into ce, and theres your problem delta, nodechecksums shouldnt be 3251, it should be 1828349080
EE: use kornmans edited version of guerilla to fix it
He said he changed it. Even if he didn't, sapien would just throw an error complaining that the checksums don't match the anims. Looks to me like your node lists aren't similarly ordered in the model and animation tag, so it's applying the wrong rotations to the wrong nodes.

Delta4907
May 11th, 2009, 06:52 PM
He said he changed it. Even if he didn't, sapien would just throw an error complaining that the checksums don't match the anims. Looks to me like your node lists aren't similarly ordered in the model and animation tag, so it's applying the wrong rotations to the wrong nodes.
So how would I go about fixing this?

Choking Victim
May 11th, 2009, 06:55 PM
So how would I go about fixing this?
First, did you import the h1 masterchief bones and rig your model to that? Also, which jms exporter did you use? Judging from your checksums, i'm assuming it was theghosts exporter with cad's region update.

Delta4907
May 11th, 2009, 07:03 PM
First, did you import the h1 masterchief bones and rig your model to that? Also, which jms exporter did you use? Judging from your checksums, i'm assuming it was theghosts exporter with cad's region update.
Yes to both, but with Spartan094's method he told me about, it was exactly rigging by hand. What he told me was to rename the common bones to what they are named in H1, save the weights as an envelope (.env) then convert to editable mesh, and add the bones to the skin modifier, and load the envelope. I deleted the finger and toe bones, so I don't understand why its not working, when his, judging by the pics shown at halomaps, had worked without this problem.

Spartan094
May 11th, 2009, 07:06 PM
i had no problem like this delta, it was by trial and error how i got some things to work, but i never got this problem, and all my errors were in max, not in-game

Choking Victim
May 11th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Yes to both, but with Spartan094's method he told me about, it was exactly rigging by hand. What he told me was to rename the common bones to what they are named in H1, save the weights as an envelope (.env) then convert to editable mesh, and add the bones to the skin modifier, and load the envelope. I deleted the finger and toe bones, so I don't understand why its not working, when his, judging by the pics shown at halomaps, had worked without this problem.
And the rig worked in max correct? Have you actually compared the node list of your model in guerilla to the animation tag, see if your nodes are in exactly the same order as what's in the node block in the animation tag. If they aren't that's definitely the issue, and I'm not sure how to tell you to fix it other than completely disregarding spartan094's method and actually rigging it by hand to the h1 bones.

Spartan094
May 11th, 2009, 07:09 PM
:/ read my post CV before yours, it was all in max, not in-game, unless i might make a video showing how i did it which is about 20 mins long

errr delta did it show more then 2 bones rigged error?

Choking Victim
May 11th, 2009, 07:10 PM
:/ read my post CV before yours, it was all in max, not in-game, unless i might make a video showing how i did it which is about 20 mins long

errr delta did it show more then 2 bones rigged error?
I read it, my answer still applies. This isn't about your problems.

Spartan094
May 11th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Do you mind reading more? before posting. I TOLD delta how i did it exactly the way i did it and it worked fine, he may have done one slight thing wrong

im explaining how i had some problems but not like this, i was not going in detail how this is my problem or that the world should know :/

Choking Victim
May 11th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Do you mind reading more? before posting. I TOLD delta how i did it exactly the way i did it and it worked fine, he may have done one slight thing wrong
So tell him what he fucking did wrong, don't tell me to read something that isn't there.

Spartan094
May 11th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Thats what i need to know, its not like im gonna magically say "OH heres your problem on what you did" The answer isnt gonna magically come out of my head, i need to know more on what he did or he needs to explain more clearly to the public so they can help aswell

delta: make sure the bones match correctly when you import back in into max there is a button called "match by name" and make sure you rigged the fingers and feet after you delete the finger and toe bones

Choking Victim
May 11th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Then what is this?

he may have done one slight thing wrong

You could have told him what you suspect is wrong. I never said you would "magically" know the answer to his problems (I actually find you rather incapable of solving them), you merely suggested you knew.

Delta4907
May 11th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Could you both quit bickering please. Anyways, the gbxmodel and animation tag list the nodes in the exact same order.

@Spartan: Only on two permutation exports did it say "Vertexes weighted by more than 2 bones" which I just fixed, and am going to try and see if that did anything.

Edit: Ok so, I noticed that the "next sibling node index" and "first child node index" differed on like 4 bones from the animation tag to the gbxmodel, so I made sure they matched, and when I tried to add the biped to the palette, ahobo crashed, and this was all that was in debug:

05.11.09 21:54:18 a hobo pc 01.01.00.0609 ----------------------------------------------
05.11.09 21:54:18 reference function: _write_to_error_file
05.11.09 21:54:18 reference address: 401b13
05.11.09 21:54:18 Couldn't read map file './a_hobobeta.map'
05.11.09 21:54:18 CreateDevice succeeded with refresh rate = 0
05.11.09 21:54:18 DirectInput: 'Acquire (keyboard)' returned (DIERR_OTHERAPPHASPRIO#-2147024891)
05.11.09 21:54:19 Increasing sound decompression buffer size to 1048576 bytes
05.11.09 21:54:21 local player 0, weapon (0x0), deleted unexpectedly