PDA

View Full Version : Barkley, Shut Up and Jam!: Gaiden

jngrow
May 11th, 2009, 12:45 AM
8F1cOvZ3nS8

Download Here. (http://www.talesofgames.com/barkley/)

Ok, this game is hilarious. Terrible-but-good graphics, with a fun, yet by no means original combat system. It's not just a shitty joke-game, an obvious amount of time and effort went into making this. Because the game takes itself so seriously, the joke is constant, plus the obvious archetypes and cliches throughout the entire ride are hilarious. Just... you gotta try this game. Also, the save points are cringe-inducing. I wonder if they are real posts or fabricated. I'm not sure which is worse.

It's a little old, but couldn't find anything posted about it.

p0lar_bear
May 11th, 2009, 03:05 AM
It's not just a shitty joke-game, an obvious amount of time and effort went into making this.

Past the script, I disagree.

I lost count of how many ripped sprites and environments there are. Looking around I'm seeing sprites from RPG Maker, Seiken Densetsu 3 (aka Secret of Mana 2), Streets of Rage 2, a few SNES basketball games, and environments from Final Fantasy 5, Chrono Trigger, etc. Probably a metric fuckton of things past my scope, too.

e: Furfaggotry in my slamma jammin what? Charles Barkley just rewrote some snail person's love poem that he was going to give to a kitsune. O_o

jngrow
May 11th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Past the script, I disagree.

I lost count of how many ripped sprites and environments there are. Looking around I'm seeing sprites from RPG Maker, Seiken Densetsu 3 (aka Secret of Mana 2), Streets of Rage 2, a few SNES basketball games, and environments from Final Fantasy 5, Chrono Trigger, etc. Probably a metric fuckton of things past my scope, too.

e: Furfaggotry in my slamma jammin what? Charles Barkley just rewrote some snail person's love poem that he was going to give to a kitsune. O_o

That's part of the joke- the terrible ripped graphics, which is a staple of all the shitty fan-made RPG games.

e: wait, so are you playing it or was that in the trailer, didn't watch the whole thing.

p0lar_bear
May 11th, 2009, 09:24 PM
That's part of the joke- the terrible ripped graphics, which is a staple of all the shitty fan-made RPG games.

e: wait, so are you playing it or was that in the trailer, didn't watch the whole thing.

OH. I GET IT NOW. :downs:

Yeah I was reading into the whole thing wrong. Usually when I think of an RPG that's a satire on a community, I think of shit like Arfenhouse.

e: Playing it.