PDA

View Full Version : Prototype

DEElekgolo
May 11th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Shit was so cash.
(http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/956075/prototype/videos/prototype_trl_mission_43009_.html)

Ifafudafi
May 11th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Very interesting. Can't think of another game where you can surf people's entrails across the street.

Delta4907
May 11th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I really want to get this game, I love sandbox games like these, especially cities. Too bad there isn't going to be multiplayer. (As what wiki says)

Amit
May 11th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Two Words: HolyFuck ThatsAwesome.

I want NOW. It's like GTA meets Spider meets Mercenaries meets 28 Weeks Later meets Area-51 meets bump possession mode in Halo.

Cojafoji
May 11th, 2009, 03:19 PM
That looks awful.

Amit
May 11th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Like good awful, or bad awful?

343guiltymc
May 11th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Well, at least it's doesn't look to be as repetitive as some other open world games.

BobtheGreatII
May 11th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Well, at least it's doesn't look to be as repetitive as some other open world games.

Give it an hour and a half of gameplay...

I think it looks cool though.

Cortexian
May 12th, 2009, 01:39 AM
You can kill shit by running them down with helicopter blades.

:ohdear:

TeeKup
May 12th, 2009, 10:06 AM
DO WANT. DO FUCKING WANT.

Llama Juice
May 12th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Looks like crackdown on speed.

Llama Juice
June 14th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Has anyone else played yet? I pretty much threw my entire day at the game yesterday, lots of fun stuff going on.

It's a pretty solid game, there's a few things at the beginning where you don't really feel like you're in control of the character because of the weird moves (I played on PC, I dunno if 360 controlls are better or not) but after a few minutes you kinda get the hang of it and are able to just destroy people left and right :3

There was a few small things that made me lol at the game, one being the basic marine... if you grab him and use his body then charge your jump you can see a nice fail on their binding of the mesh to the rig. Then there's also the occasional stacked cars thing... where... if you get to a point too quick or something... the cars will sometimes spawn on top of each other.

http://img197.yfrog.com/img197/4584/prototypetanks.jpg

The cars in general are pretty low detailed (less than GTA IV) and there isn't much variance on the scenery they placed around the city. Like there are... maybe 12 different things they put on rooftops, and it's the same exact 12 things across the entire city. (I'm being generous when I say 12 too btw). It... it makes a lot of the game feel repetative, but at the same time it always gives you good amunition against the choppers and such (throwing AC units at them is quite effective :3)

Overall I'd say it's a pretty solid game. It's fun, and that's what matters.

Graphically I'd give it a 6-7 or so though because of how low res everything is (I don't think it's my PC... I have it set to high on the settings) That being said though, the game runs very very smoothly on my PC and the only time the game ever lagged was during a loading screen.

rossmum
June 14th, 2009, 09:14 AM
To be totally honest, the trailers, gameplay videos, screens and what have you have completely failed to capture my interest. Perhaps if I could actually play the game I might change my mind, but at the moment I don't really see what all the fuss is about; it's just another free-roam city where you can go around wrecking shit in all manners of ridiculous ways. While I'm the first to admit I'd choose a two-hour one-on-one hunt-the-sniper session on some massive RO map over a colourful murderfest, I'm not totally adverse to the latter... just seems that they're all becoming too much alike these days.

Sure you can't conjure massive spikes out of the ground or fly or slam bodies around so hard they instagib in GTA, but somehow, this holds far less appeal for me than the former ever did (in fact, I quite like the GTA series).

MetKiller Joe
June 14th, 2009, 09:25 AM
It seems repetitive to me. I'll wait for the demo in July.

Also, the fact they are re-branding cliched missions is not a good sign.

Llama Juice
June 14th, 2009, 09:41 AM
It's more about the 3D Action adventure platforming than being able to kill everything to me.

I was a big fan of Mario 64/Banjo Kazooie/Conkers Bad Fur Day... those types of games where you're just exploring a world and collecting items. That's what the bulk of this game is, so it brings back that type of gameplay.

randreach454
June 14th, 2009, 10:14 AM
I played it, and honestly dont really care for it, the gameplay seems stumbly, and i dont know, it just seems like im always doing the same crap, even though you get upgrades to your attack arsenal..

Roostervier
June 14th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I have it, and it's p fun. I just don't like how quickly the infection spreads. Hopefully when you beat the game you get to kill people for fun in a city not covered with the infection. And I don't care if the game is repetitive. Killing a bunch of people is fun, and that's what you do in a lot of games these days (look at halo and ut3, killing people is all you do. Those games are reptitive, they must suck !). This game is like a mix of spiderman 2 and assassin's creed. I'll explain. It looks and plays like spiderman 2 (it's Activision, heh), and it's got that little thing in your hud that tells you if you're being watched and if you've alerted anybody. I saw other elements from other games, but who doesn't steal ideas from other people? If it's fun, it's fun.

DEElekgolo
June 14th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I played it and beat it. Was really fun, the whole fighting experience was very dynamic. Consuming old ladies and boarding helicopters. Devastator mode, the moves.
Cool stuff.

343guiltymc
June 14th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Wtf shitty draw distances?!

Pyong Kawaguchi
June 14th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Use a custom config!
I just bought it on steam, almost finished dling :D

Horns
June 14th, 2009, 09:06 PM
That looks fucking awesome. Too bad I have neither an xbox nor a good enough pc to play it. :(

ExAm
June 16th, 2009, 05:46 AM
This game is fucking incredible. I've wasted days on it so far. The controls are a little clunky at first, but once you get used to them, it's very fluid. The story is okay, but not the main point of the game. The game is no pushover, either. Some of the later missions, even on normal, I had to try several times. And I'm good. Anyhow, combat is varied as hell, and you can unlock new combos and core moves, several of which are pretty damn sweet. Seeing how long you can stay in the air by hopping from helicopter to helicopter, hijacking each one and using it until it dies. I think my record is five helicopters hijacked and used during a boss fight without touching the ground.

FUN THINGS TO DO:
-Disguise as a marine, pick up a weapon, and fight alongside Blackwatch without revealing your identity or using your powers.
-Disguise as an old lady and tear shit up
-Try to stealth consume every enemy inside a base
-Try to run from one end of Manhattan to the other without breaking stride.
-Think up something else fun.

NOTE: IF YOU BUY THIS FOR PC, USE A WIRED 360 CONTROLLER. EVERYTHING IS INFINITELY BETTER WITH IT.

Pyong Kawaguchi
June 16th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Bah!
I can't run this well, I either need new ram/processor/mobo, or I'm going to have to deal with shitty visuals and less sounds :S

Llama Juice
June 16th, 2009, 10:06 AM
NOTE: IF YOU BUY THIS FOR PC, USE A WIRED 360 CONTROLLER. EVERYTHING IS INFINITELY BETTER WITH IT.

I didn't have any problems with keyboard/mouse but I didn't try the 360 controller yet... *plugs it in*

nick3d
June 16th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I had this on Saturday, and it truly is awesome. but i find it pretty hard at parts, but it is a really good game to play, i advise you all play it :)

E:
and iv got it for 360

odseraphim
June 16th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I also agree on it being fun. I hate the side-missions, and sometimes not knowing what I have to beat to continue to the story, but other than that, it's Spider-man 2 if you were a bad-ass Carnage that hates everyone and everything.

Roostervier
June 16th, 2009, 10:45 AM
This game is fucking incredible. I've wasted days on it so far. The controls are a little clunky at first, but once you get used to them, it's very fluid. The story is okay, but not the main point of the game. The game is no pushover, either. Some of the later missions, even on normal, I had to try several times. And I'm good. Anyhow, combat is varied as hell, and you can unlock new combos and core moves, several of which are pretty damn sweet. Seeing how long you can stay in the air by hopping from helicopter to helicopter, hijacking each one and using it until it dies. I think my record is five helicopters hijacked and used during a boss fight without touching the ground.
[/B]
I agree man. The controls at first were terrible. But now it's all smooth and enjoyable, and the game has plenty of fun things to do.

Cortexian
June 17th, 2009, 03:15 AM
I can't get past the mission where you:
disable the detectors and lure McMillan or whoever that scientist is in the helicopter into the infected zone... Once he realizes it's a trap and buggers off I can't evade or kill all the military that's sent after me, if I kill helicopters they instantly respawn directly above me and if I try running soldiers spawn directly behind me all the way. Basically I'm under constant fire and constant surveillance so I can't get away or kill my way out.

Halp!

ExAm
June 17th, 2009, 03:57 AM
I can't get past the mission where you:
disable the detectors and lure McMillan or whoever that scientist is in the helicopter into the infected zone... Once he realizes it's a trap and buggers off I can't evade or kill all the military that's sent after me, if I kill helicopters they instantly respawn directly above me and if I try running soldiers spawn directly behind me all the way. Basically I'm under constant fire and constant surveillance so I can't get away or kill my way out.

Halp!
Run really fast and break their line of sight by turning corners into places where they can't see you (the shutter icon closes) then disguise. And that's it. Alternatively, jack a helicopter by mashing B after you've initiated a jump kick at one and kill the shit out of everything. Or just fly really far away and kill the few people who can catch up to you. If you can't jack helicopters yet, that sucks. Use the first method.

Cortexian
June 17th, 2009, 05:21 PM
You know what mission you need to do to jack choppers? I'm playing the PC version and haven't come across it yet.

Llama Juice
June 17th, 2009, 05:25 PM
You get the skill from going in one of the military bases and consuming a certain guy, look on your map for military stuff with the plus sign next to it, and sneak into those.

but... yea I had problems with that one too, until I stopped trying to fight them, and just ran away and disguised, then it was over quickly :3

Limited
June 17th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Is it like a cross between GTA and Spiderman and Wolverine? It looks good but I dunno does it get boring over time?

Llama Juice
June 17th, 2009, 05:52 PM
The game has been out for a few days so it's kinda hard to judge that haha, I haven't gotten bored with it yet, but I have a ton of work that I have to do, and so I can't really play it much anyway.

ExAm
June 17th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Just an FYI to you all, the last boss is the most annoying last boss of any game ever.

Cortexian
June 17th, 2009, 08:51 PM
You get the skill from going in one of the military bases and consuming a certain guy, look on your map for military stuff with the plus sign next to it, and sneak into those.
Weird, I got it via a mission because I've been hitting every military base I can and it was never there...

but... yea I had problems with that one too, until I stopped trying to fight them, and just ran away and disguised, then it was over quickly :3
This worked, finally...

Sanctus
June 18th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Rented it. Played it. Beat it in 3 days. Aside from key landmarks, the buildings get repetitive.
BUT
It's made of WIN. I'm playing in free roam and it's insanely entertaining. The voice actors' emotions are lacking, but the story is pretty good. There are a few plot twists that actually aren't predictable. I'm gonna buy this game when I get the money!!! It's also a nice touch that I can surf on bodies and watch the pavement grind their entrails into a puddle of carnage. :D

Cortexian
June 18th, 2009, 05:44 PM
:words: carnage. :D

Yea!!! This game is awesome!

Joshflighter
June 18th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Heh, should I get it?

I kinda hate zombies. :[

Llama Juice
June 20th, 2009, 07:11 PM
They aren't slow L4D style zombies lol, the game is very fast paced.

I'm watching the credits screen now, awesome game, interesting story that keeps you guessing, and decent graphics. The last boss was a bit of a douche, but after like five tries he died :3 lol

The first time I used whipfist was in the final battle, I wish I would have used it more earlier haha.

Horns
June 20th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I went half and half on this game with a friend just so we could play it on his xbox. Because i don't have one.

jngrow
June 20th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Has anyone here played the game Hulk: Ultimate Destruction? In terms of actual gameplay, dude, almost EXACTLY the same. Hulk's abilities were more fun too (Prototype is win because of the gore though).