PDA

View Full Version : Require people for WoW related activities.

Cortexian
May 24th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Although said activities will go unnamed, I require people that are willing to download WoW + TBC + WotLK and then patch to version 3.0.9 then join a server.

If you're interested, download this (http://lancersedge.servegame.com/InstallWow.exe) (choose WotLK because it installs the previous two as well) and PM me while it's downloading. This will not require any kind of payment, unless of course you wish to donate to my Halo CE server fund (do this) (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15936).

The more the better tbh, if you know how to downgrade/downpatch/rollback your game to version 3.0.9 and you have a newer version (3.1.0) please feel free to PM me as well.

Downgrade tutorial:
1. Go to your world of warcraft folder, usually C:/program files/world of warcraft/
2. Find the /data folder
3. Go into /enus/engb folder
4. Find and remove 'patch-enus.mpq'/'patch-engb.mpq'
5. Open up repair.exe in your main world of warcraft directory
6. Uncheck all check boxes and click the 'check files only'button
7. You have to let the repair run all the way to the end
8. You should be now at version 3.0.0
You have two options here:
9a. You can use the world of warcraft launcher (launcher.exe in your main /world of warcraft/ folder), or
9b. Download the patches manually from from a website such as Patch mirrors - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft (http://wowwiki.com/Patch_Mirrors).
10a. Launcher option. Open up the launcher and click play. Then type in any garbage login info, and it will start patching you up. Keep doing this until you have patched to 3.0.9.
10b. Download the patch(es) you want (make sure you have the right language version), and stick them into your world of warcraft folder and run the patches.
11. The realmlist is "set realmlist logon.shoupz.com"
12. Use wow.exe from now on to play the game. (Launcher.exe resets realmlist to retail).

sdavis117
May 24th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Oh god, private WoW servers. Old times, old times.

Syuusuke
May 24th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Will this get me addicted?

Sel
May 24th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I would prefer to not become a faggot thank you

Syuusuke
May 24th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Is it ok if I install it in Spanish?

Nah not worth the 6.5 gb =/

rossmum
May 24th, 2009, 09:14 AM
FUCK WoW and everything in that game

PS aren't private servers just a tiny little bit illegal and therefore against this site's AUP?

Hotrod
May 24th, 2009, 09:45 AM
FUCK WoW and everything in that game

PS aren't private servers just a tiny little bit illegal and therefore against this site's AUP?
Yes they are, and yet, even when you tell people that, they say "no it isn't" and keep on playing, or just deny that they're in a private server, after bragging about it 5 minutes earlier.

Donut
May 24th, 2009, 11:47 AM
so you want people to download that installer for a game that has thousands of people addicted and is not free, several add-ons, then play in a private server with you?
what part of this was supposed to be legal?
half fake E: and dont you need to make an account anyway?

Syuusuke
May 24th, 2009, 12:27 PM
The first half you said before play in a private server is legal =S

Cortexian
May 24th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Hey guys I said join "a server", I never stated that it was a "private server". We're obviously just joining one of Blizzard's many MANY servers to have fun. Obviously.

Stop jumping to conclusions and talking about piracy (reporting posts, hth).

Also, you don't need to create an account to patch or anything.

p0lar_bear
May 24th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Despite the fact that it's not actually said, it's still blatantly obvious what's going on. Plus, what the HELL are you thinking by putting a donation link anywhere NEAR this? Don't you remember the whole fiasco with the guy who wrote working Vista Audigy drivers and got pwned by Creative? Do you want Blizzard to rape you in court?

teh lag
May 24th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Yeah, private servers (http://www.scifi-frontier.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=70) are illegal.

I won't be the one to make the judgment call of if this falls under piracy discussion, but this shouldn't be here.