PDA

View Full Version : [UNREAL] Halo: Conquest TC

t3h m00kz
June 6th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Apparently some dudes over at the Unreal forums are working on a Halo TC. http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=674690&highlight=halo

Here are their forums, there's some more progress screenshots.
http://www.selahinternational.com/HaloConquest/index.php?topic=90.0

good stuff

CabooseJr
June 6th, 2009, 06:11 PM
That actually looks really awesome. I'm glad I got UT3 for PC.

StankBacon
June 6th, 2009, 06:15 PM
shame it will never be finished.

Sel
June 6th, 2009, 06:30 PM
what the fuck is with those elites

t3h m00kz
June 6th, 2009, 07:49 PM
shame it will never be finished.

This isn't the CE community we're talking about heh :cool:

And yeah the Elites are kind of wtf but I'm gonna go with "Artist's interpretation"

StankBacon
June 6th, 2009, 07:55 PM

its not even that, there have been numerous halo ut mods, all got shut down by microsoft.

t3h m00kz
June 6th, 2009, 08:02 PM
The only one I recall is HaloUT for UT2004, which didn't get shut down as far as I know, but rather just died from lack of interest.

MetKiller Joe
June 6th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Honestly, the only thing that looks decent are the Halo 3 textures and HUD, and even those seem to be ripped (they look like carbon copies). Everything else looks doesn't look accurate.

Disaster
June 6th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Honestly, the only thing that looks decent are the Halo 3 textures and HUD, and even those seem to be ripped (they look like carbon copies). Everything else looks doesn't look accurate.
most likely edited screenshots

NuggetWarmer
June 7th, 2009, 02:11 AM
its not even that, there have been numerous halo ut mods, all got shut down by microsoft.

proof or gtfo

Anyway, yeah, I talked with these guys awhile back. It's pretty obvious that the chiefs are ripped from the H3 beta, but they refuse to admit it.

The wall/floor/environment textures are all screenshot textures as well.

=sw=warlord
June 7th, 2009, 11:42 AM

And yeah the Elites are kind of wtf but I'm gonna go with "Artist's interpretation"
yeah abit like this render.
I mean that looks like they took a dolphin and shoved a grenade in its mouth so it almost resembles a elites head....
http://www.treadster.com/images/Eliterender03.jpg

Inferno
June 7th, 2009, 01:44 PM
That is why elites should not inbreed.

itszutak
June 8th, 2009, 03:03 PM
When I heard of this, I was a bit excited-- finally, someone would make an elite model for UT3.

But when I saw the pics, I turned around and didn't visit the site again. Those elites just look terrible. :(

Heathen
June 8th, 2009, 04:10 PM
looks cool keep going. maybe create the map guardian and create a weapon of the assault rifle and we could have a whole entire game of halo in ut3. that would be fun.
ROFL.
Ingredients to a Halo game.
1. Guardian
2. Assault Rifle

Done.

Rosco
June 8th, 2009, 04:42 PM
ROFL.
Ingredients to a Halo game.
1. Guardian
2. Assault Rifle

Done.

You're right, it doesn't make Halo, that map is terrible. :p

Inferno
June 8th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Guardian is awesome for BR's if you remove the fail shotgun and fail hammer. Top 3 fav maps in halo 3. Pit Guardian Snowbound. All with power weapons removed.

Sel
June 8th, 2009, 08:02 PM
every halo 3 map sucks

because halo 3 sucks

because it aint on the pc

JunkfoodMan
June 8th, 2009, 08:08 PM
every halo 3 map sucks

because halo 3 sucks

represent

Inferno
June 8th, 2009, 09:32 PM
every halo 3 map sucks

because halo 3 sucks

Fuck you that game is fun. Even if it has the worst controls in the universe its still damn fun.

t3h m00kz
June 9th, 2009, 01:25 AM
as long as it ain't randoms in matchmaking HEH

oh and guardian kicks ass fuck you guys :saddowns:

Pyong Kawaguchi
June 9th, 2009, 06:33 AM
needs moar kb/m >:U

Ifafudafi
June 9th, 2009, 12:17 PM
meh

I'll wait until H3PC, tyvm.

Lateksi
June 9th, 2009, 02:05 PM
H3PC
It's possible they won't port it at all. Think about all the map packs the 360 players had to pay for. This is the era of consoles... unfortunately.

Inferno
June 9th, 2009, 03:27 PM
It'll probably end up as H3W7 or some stupid other gimick. YOU MUST BUY A XBOX BEFORE YOU ARE ALLOWED TO PLAY IT ON THE PC! YOU CAN ONLY PLAY IT WITH A 360 CONTROLLER! YOU MUST PAY FOR ONLINE PLAY!

@Mookz -I have like 500 custom games and 400 social games. Oh and a couple of ranked games :p

Sel
June 9th, 2009, 06:48 PM
It's possible they won't port it at all. Think about all the map packs the 360 players had to pay for. This is the era of consoles... unfortunately.

It's possible, but if you really think that microsoft is going to pass up an opportunity to wank off their biggest game franchise more than they already have, you're crazy :\

Heathen
June 9th, 2009, 07:08 PM
h2 had the same ammount :/

your logic fails.

Pooky
June 10th, 2009, 12:54 AM
every halo 3 map sucks

This part is true.

Well, except the asymmetrical ones.

n00b1n8R
June 10th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Elites look like ass (I <3 playing as elites D: ), the content is unashamedly ripped (it's the lack of credit I take offence to) and they don't even have any ingame footage. Do they even have a MODDB page?

I'll buy UT3 the day it comes out, but untill then.. meh?

did you just use the word "Halo"? and added screenies? if so, (and i'm not gay in the slightest, and if you post ANYTHING saying that i am i WILL be REALLY offended, which goes against forum rules and can get you banned from the forums, i read the eula thingie when i registered) i love you http://utforums.epicgames.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif
PS this is the first time i've ever been the first to be the first person to post something first. yes i know i overused the word first http://utforums.epicgames.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif
WATCH OUT HE READ THE EULA HE CAN GET YOU BANNED FIRST
(cool community bro, heh)

=sw=warlord
June 10th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I'll buy UT3 the day it comes out, but untill then.. meh?

wat.:eyesroll:

Lateksi
June 11th, 2009, 06:32 AM
^ prolly meant H3PC

Jelly
June 11th, 2009, 11:26 AM
No he lives in Australia so it's probably not come out there yet.

Rook
June 11th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Hopefully this isn't a flop project, would be pretty cool finished

itszutak
June 11th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Hopefully this isn't a flop project, would be pretty cool finished
If they fixed the elites :(

Heathen
June 11th, 2009, 03:28 PM
^ prolly meant H3PC
Uh no he meant that since this is a UT3 mod that he would get it when this came out.

How did you get that confused?

Llama Juice
June 11th, 2009, 04:15 PM
They probably are just trying to keep the elites to the UT3 rig so that they don't have to animate anything.

SonicXtreme
June 11th, 2009, 04:19 PM
^ at the moment custom rigs are hard to do , especially with animations and such as theres a lack of imformation on them , plus its hard to get stuff ingame anyways , so thats most likely the reason they are using the Krall rig from UT3

Malloy
June 11th, 2009, 06:00 PM
I speak with their modellers on MSN from time to time and their work isnt 100% legit, their current warthog is just a remodel of Bungie Halo 1's origional. So dont expect great things... :\

SonicXtreme
June 11th, 2009, 06:11 PM
when i made the Cairo with Lightning for UT3 i ported everything from CE and Vista and it still looked half decent , if they would spend time modeling thier own stuff it would come out alot better.

itszutak
June 11th, 2009, 07:25 PM
They probably are just trying to keep the elites to the UT3 rig so that they don't have to animate anything.
But it's the mouths that really bug me D:

Llama Juice
June 11th, 2009, 08:57 PM
^ at the moment custom rigs are hard to do , especially with animations and such as theres a lack of imformation on them , plus its hard to get stuff ingame anyways , so thats most likely the reason they are using the Krall rig from UT3

Exactly.

Given what they have it's not that bad of a setup.

itszutak
June 11th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Reprased: The mouths look like shit. They could easily make them look more true to how elites look in Halo without changing anything with their current rig.

English Mobster
June 12th, 2009, 03:36 AM
*Awaits C&D Order*

p0lar_bear
June 14th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Good, I'm not the only one who thinks the elites, textured and untextured, look like complete ass. :lol:

I find it funny that they've apparently ripped everything except the elite model.

Lateksi
June 14th, 2009, 05:06 PM
They could at least get some people who know about Halo.

lulz guys check out this halo3 hud! teh reticle is not in the center but it doesn't matter anyway.

n00b1n8R
June 14th, 2009, 05:48 PM
wat.:eyesroll:
I meant the day the mod comes out.

t3h m00kz
June 15th, 2009, 12:32 AM
I don't think all of their models are rips. Their Cortana looks a bit different... http://www.selahinternational.com/HaloConquest/index.php?topic=32.0

I hear their stuff is legit, though I'm not sure. It looks convincing, for sure. From what I understand the Elite was done by a guy who had recently joined the team.

Even then, UT modding is much more difficult than HCE modding, so mad props to these guys if they eventually see a release with decent functionality.

NuggetWarmer
June 15th, 2009, 12:53 AM
That's the Halo 2 cortana edited. Those are the Halo 3 beta MC + perms with shitty retexture jobs.

t3h m00kz
June 15th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Maybe. Still, they're making progress which is cool, I've just got to wonder if they'll get the weapons acting decently.

Inferno
June 15th, 2009, 11:36 AM
They probably won't. But then again you only need a AR and melee to play halo 3 so it can't be that hard.

Malloy
June 15th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I feel another team will excel this bunch.

Sel
June 15th, 2009, 07:13 PM
cmt

p0lar_bear
June 15th, 2009, 07:26 PM
I was thinking, laggy should donate his elite models to their cause.

Malloy
June 15th, 2009, 09:59 PM
LOL... CMT UT3 mod, that'd be a waste. (Well not entirely) but I'd rather see a fan fiction expansion to the Halo Universe rather than a SP conversion mod.

Sel
June 16th, 2009, 06:38 AM
I'd rather see gay fanfictions about members here, and maybe napoleon

Llama Juice
June 16th, 2009, 07:05 AM
I was thinking, laggy should donate his elite models to their cause.

I dunno that they'd accept anyway, they've ripped everything other than the elite, which I'm sure they could rip... they just..haven't because I'm guessing the guy made that and was proud of it, so he decided to start this mod team around that one item.... at least that's what it looks like to me.

sevlag
June 16th, 2009, 07:19 PM
gais we need teh battle rifle so wes can be MLG in UT3 as well as gaylo 3

^not meant to be funny, this is probably whats going through the MLG kiddies minds right about now

SonicXtreme
June 16th, 2009, 09:24 PM
putting guns ingame is relatively easy , i have a tutorial on it , i could do it i just need someone to animate , of course the stuff will be ripped , thats the only problem.

itszutak
June 16th, 2009, 11:54 PM
I dunno that they'd accept anyway, they've ripped everything other than the elite, which I'm sure they could rip... they just..haven't because I'm guessing the guy made that and was proud of it, so he decided to start this mod team around that one item.... at least that's what it looks like to me.
Either that or the Elite rig differs dramatically from the Krall rig and they CBA to re-animate it.

Malloy
June 17th, 2009, 06:27 PM
putting guns ingame is relatively easy , i have a tutorial on it , i could do it i just need someone to animate , of course the stuff will be ripped , thats the only problem.

make that shit from scratch, be legit, not a tit.

SonicXtreme
June 17th, 2009, 07:42 PM
make that shit from scratch, be legit, not a tit.

Fair point :)

t3h m00kz
June 18th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Remember, I ripped UT models for my UT to Halo port.

sevlag
June 18th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Remember, I ripped UT models for my UT to Halo port.i remember, the shock rifle combos you inflicted on me xD

shame no one really played them

NuggetWarmer
June 18th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Remember, I ripped UT models for my UT to Halo port.

Yeah, but at least you said you ripped them. They refuse to admit that theirs are ripped. :-/

Newbkilla
June 18th, 2009, 04:12 PM
http://www.selahinternational.com/HaloConquest/index.php?topic=6.0

"The maps i took the textures from were valhalla, the last campaign map, and the ark. Maybe you should do an indoors map, but make sure the scale is huge, and make it look forerunner like The indoor maps have to be large so we can fit about 12-14 players per team."

Screen capped or ripped. The elites are freaky, they look anorexic.

=sw=warlord
June 18th, 2009, 05:47 PM
the elite looks like a dolphin which has tried chewing on a live grenade...

itszutak
June 18th, 2009, 10:05 PM
yeah abit like this render.
I mean that looks like they took a dolphin and shoved a grenade in its mouth so it almost resembles a elites head....

the elite looks like a dolphin which has tried chewing on a live grenade...
woah deja vu

MetKiller Joe
June 19th, 2009, 08:02 AM
So, wait, in 7 pages, in 7 pages you've concluded that this mod took its content from Halo 3 and that it looks like crap.

Wasn't that.... *points to first page*.. what we concluded on the first couple?...

Llama Juice
June 19th, 2009, 12:03 PM
So, wait, in 7 pages, in 7 pages you've concluded that this mod took its content from Halo 3 and that it looks like crap.

Wasn't that.... *points to first page*.. what we concluded on the first couple?...

Here at Modacity we strive for inefficiency.

Sel
June 20th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Here at Modacity we strive for inefficiency.

Maybe you do..

The Support Kommande Structure will never be matched in efficiency by anyone other than me and Conscars!

Malloy
June 20th, 2009, 08:14 AM
^lol ok

Masterz1337
June 22nd, 2009, 04:40 PM
I feel terrible, I was talking with these guys ages ago and offered them some of the CMT content, which they wanted. I don't remember if I ever contacted them back :X.

t3h m00kz
June 23rd, 2009, 04:19 AM
Never too late, still in development.

NuggetWarmer
June 23rd, 2009, 05:06 AM
Until they admit they're using rips (model wise), I'm not interested in helping them at all.

t3h m00kz
June 23rd, 2009, 05:35 AM
Ripping, always such a big deal. Sure, they may not be giving specific credit to Bungie for the models, but they've propped Bungie. Keep in mind, they also haven't credited anyone specifically for the models, as far as I can tell.

I kind of have to agree with Metkiller Joe back a page, all I've heard so far for the last seven pages is "criticize, criticize, point fingers, point out flaws." You all really do need to lighten up. It's modding, it's a hobby. People making stuff out of creativity on engines they don't own, nor can they profit off of without proper rights, so I'd suggest enjoying it rather than making it a chore or a subject of drama.

In fact, thread closed. The Unreal and Source communities maintain a positive, friendly attitude, I don't get why Halo's can't. You got a problem with what they're doing, go ahead and bitch at them about it:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=674690&highlight=halo
http://www.selahinternational.com/HaloConquest/index.php