PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Trench Coat (*cough, also hai i'm back!*cough)

Neuro Guro
June 9th, 2009, 07:52 PM
-

InnerGoat
June 9th, 2009, 07:53 PM
looking forward to your awesome maps ~

BobtheGreatII
June 9th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Ha ha, looks good, you have a lot of smoothing ahead of you. : )

Con
June 9th, 2009, 07:55 PM
love u

Sel
June 9th, 2009, 07:56 PM
:O

If you want it tested hit me up, and I'll upload it to the bunghole.

Higuy
June 9th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Looking really good so far I loved training day.

teh lag
June 9th, 2009, 08:18 PM
To be honest I'm not liking the arches so much. They seem to clash with the rest of the visual style you've got going there, which is primarily angular. The ramp in your first picture strikes me as odd too. I don't know what it is, but something about the way it connects to the cliff makes it look strange.

Terrain and the interior look great though.

Rob Oplawar
June 9th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Neuro's back, he's made quite a good looking bsp, he's a NIN fan, and he's got exactly 777 posts. What could be better?!

e: oh btw, Project Shockwave needs you, Neuro.

Sever
June 9th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Welcome back, Neuro.

Your WIP confounds me. I can't see any function behind its form, or any specific architectural style. At least the three variations that I can discern remain consistent and align with each other, but beyond that, it's just some ramps, arrayed archways, and reinforced rooms in a canyon - nothing special in my book.

The gameplay might be a redeeming quality behind it, but I can't say much about that until there's a good deal more done on it, other than the fact that it does have a bit of elegance and flow to it.

Keep it up and I'm sure you can make it grand.

[gx]Shadow
June 9th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Looking sexy!

MetKiller Joe
June 9th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Awesome stuff. This actually looks original.

Sel
June 9th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Awesome stuff. This actually looks original.

Except it isn't!

It's a rip off of an old map :downs:

Anton
June 9th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Sweet stuff, I'm going to actually learn from your renders..

paladin
June 9th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Looks sweet dood.

DrunkenSamus
June 9th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Training Day, umm, hi. :v:

Sever
June 9th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Both Rob and I decree that you need to take the structures and turn them into Delta Halo temple ruins. Talk to Arteen if you need help with that kind of stuff.

But you already knew that... I mean, how couldn't you?

Timo
June 9th, 2009, 08:54 PM
oh man it's neuro :woop:

Hopefully this'll see a release :-)

Neuro Guro
June 9th, 2009, 09:30 PM
-

Sever
June 9th, 2009, 10:04 PM
That sounds good too, just as long as you make everything work well together, and definitely add in some water. Glad to see that you're open to community suggestions.

I'd recommend temporarily removing the terrain and then modeling the structure in its entirety, so you can get the function to match the form perfectly, then cut out the regions that are overlapped by the terrain.

Also, if you're going to have pipes running over the level, have three - two still intact, and the third broken, along with a segment of it lying on the canyon's floor, slightly submerged in water.

Horns
June 9th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Looks great. Atleast it's a lot better then what i can do. (which isn't much, lol)

Rob Oplawar
June 9th, 2009, 11:02 PM
this humble poster agrees. sinkhole sounds good.

itszutak
June 10th, 2009, 12:27 AM
I love nick cave

E: Map's pretty cool too

rossmum
June 10th, 2009, 01:37 AM
shit yes neuro maps are the best maps~

Scooby Doo
June 10th, 2009, 07:57 AM
haha, i remember i tried skinning an older version but i had some problems getting it ingame. i'm glad to see you're finally going to get this ingame. good luck and hopefully it's awesome!

~Scoob

supersniper
June 10th, 2009, 10:55 AM
who is this Neuro kid...

So who's next Jahrain ;)

Welcome back brah.

PopeAK49
June 10th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Arteen isn't the only one who can do Delta halo structures, :(.

Anyways I always enjoyed playing your maps, Chiller was always a fun map. Just keep this map with good detail, but not to complex.

Limited
June 10th, 2009, 04:51 PM
:D Welcome back, training day was the bomb, very purdy. Cant wait to see result of this.

supersniper
June 15th, 2009, 10:11 AM
welcome newbie ;)
Does this mean lightning will be helping you?

Neuro Guro
June 16th, 2009, 09:59 PM
-

MetKiller Joe
June 16th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Those organics are amazing.

PlasbianX
June 16th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Thats rather sexy ;o

SMASH
June 16th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Um. Neuro, I love your work, but I don't understand the flow of the map... maybe it's cause I never played the original Training Day, but I can't tell from the pictures how it actually plays out.

Neuro Guro
June 16th, 2009, 10:59 PM
-

Varmint260
June 16th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Glad to see more maps in production, especially more maps that have some talent behind them. Makes me feel better about CE's future.

Neuro Guro
June 28th, 2009, 08:43 PM
-

FluffyDuckyâ„¢
June 28th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Shall download now and try it out. :)

Sever
June 28th, 2009, 10:45 PM
It looks good. I still think you could add a pipeline above it, with broken segments lying on the ground. Also, are you still planning on adding water? I honestly think it'd be better without it, but still having the washed-out sections there, just to show how desolate and abandoned it is.

Not much to say on the gameplay, other than the fact that the wide path doesn't have enough to draw people that way, which might actually be a good thing. The rest of it makes sense, including the weapon layout.

The teleporters seem unnecessary and out of place, since all they do is take you up a floor - you could easily replace them with switchback ramps or ladders, since it is a human area, after all.

Keep at it.

Siliconmaster
June 29th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Nice to see you around, Neuro. I'll be interested to see how this map turns out. Having not had a whole lot of experience, I'm not sure how to critique it, if at all. :P

PopeAK49
June 30th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Map is cool btw. I like how you have a underground path and stuff for stealth.

ThePlague
June 30th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Someone needs to put this on their server, because I haven't seen one up with it yet

FluffyDuckyâ„¢
June 30th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Just played it. I love the base structures. I love the bases having cover around the flag and the sniper bits open pretty much facing the other bases sniper bit. Great map, CTF on both sides have 4 different ways to go which is good for such a small map.

I was wondering, the bottom bit, are you going to have water? It would be a perfect place for some tbh. Also, the dirt ground, have you tried it as being grass like Training Day? I'd like to see one in grass to add some contrast unless you're going for a specific look? It looks great though and I know that beta is far from complete.

The walls behind the snipers aren't solid atm (I know it's only a beta), dunno if you know so I thought I'd just say it anyways. :P

Overall I can see this being a very fun map and I'm thinking of maybe using it in the HCEL cause it diffenitaly works for 2v2's! :)

As Sel said earlier, when you would like to beta, we can up it to the bunghole/hcel. Good stuff Neuro! :D

Neuro Guro
July 9th, 2009, 06:10 PM
-

Sel
July 9th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Fuck yes !

PlasbianX
July 9th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Trying to make sense of the first few pictures. Rather confusing till i see it ingame =x

StankBacon
July 9th, 2009, 06:33 PM
very nice neuro, i can't wait to see this finished.

im glad your back, ive always enjoyed your work.

Higuy
July 9th, 2009, 07:58 PM
The new Trench with the beach and lighthouse looks really cool.

Llama Juice
July 9th, 2009, 11:44 PM
I was playing the beta today online 1v1 style and well... the spawns obviously are temporary... but... other than that there were a few faces in the bases on the 2nd floor by sniper spawn that didn't have weapon collision...

I make the comment about the spawn points becasue we were playing TS and we both just kept spawning at the same base.. so.. yea.

Other than that... there was another point in the match where it only let me have one weapon, and wouldn't let me reload my sniper... ... and another time when I dropped the sniper and it just stopped floating midair and if you'd shoot it, it'd spin... midair lol

The sniper thing was at the snipe spawn in one of the bases (the one where we kept spawning... the side with the more broken up floor terrain)

The single weapon thing started by the shotty/camo when it seemed like I picked up another pistol... and so I'd have two pistols in my inventory... but there was only one weapon... TAB did nothing.. if I picked up something else I'd drop the pistol.

I'm going to assume you just haven't portaled the map yet and that's causing this.. but that's just my guess.

also, it's really easy to get out of the map as is, are you going to put up collision planes around the map to keep people in gameplay?

You have the weird collision issues because it looks like you took a few pieces in max and just mashed em together... do you have an easy way of fixing these collision issues without making the mesh all one big solid mesh?... or how do you usually fix this stuff?

Neuro Guro
July 31st, 2009, 10:43 PM
-

Rob Oplawar
August 1st, 2009, 12:06 PM
*blinks*

BobtheGreatII
August 1st, 2009, 01:28 PM
Hey whatever dude. As long as it's sealed in the end and textures, you'll hear no complaints from me.

Terror(NO)More
August 1st, 2009, 01:34 PM
Finally, someone who can do good ground and cliff modeling. :D I like that by far.

Higuy
August 2nd, 2009, 03:46 PM
i spy fissure fall bsp

PlasbianX
August 2nd, 2009, 05:18 PM
i spy fissure fall bsp

neuroxce: http://www.modacity.net/forums/showpost.php?p=439920&postcount=48
plasbianx1337: o_O
neuroxce: that's old too
neuroxce: i'm going for a fissure falls sort of look
plasbianx1337: Ah

Neuro Guro