PDA

View Full Version : How do I give a biped active camo?

klange
June 12th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Quick question. See title. Will lock upon appropriate answer. Keep in mind, I've been out since I joined this site, so I don't really remember how to do much. I was lucky to be able to get my biped in game in the first place (it's a stretched sphere...)

http://blog.phpwnage.com/~klange/screenshots/cloak_blob.png

Basically I want to make this thing ^ a cloak.

English Mobster
June 12th, 2009, 01:53 PM
On the top of the .biped tag, there is a checkbox which says "Active Camo". Check it.

I'm using my Mac, so I don't have Guerrilla on me. It should be pretty apparent, I know it's up on top of that tag somewhere.

klange
June 12th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I'm not seeing this. Up top I've got:
X does not cast shadow
O transparent self-occlusion
X brighter than it should be
O not a pathfinding obstacle
Can't find it under the "$$$ Biped $$$" section either.

Hunter
June 12th, 2009, 02:04 PM
You have to make an actor_varient, or something like that. If you get it working could you make a quick step by step guide to how you made it please. because I cannot seam to get mine working, keeps asking for a head marker and stuff... Then it has not collision ect...

klange
June 12th, 2009, 02:08 PM
You have to make an actor_varient, or something like that. If you get it working could you make a quick step by step guide to how you made it please. because I cannot seam to get mine working, keeps asking for a head marker and stuff... Then it has not collision ect...
The collision doesn't matter, the head/body markers can be added in Guerrilla, just be sure to add them to a region - Sapien coudn't find my body when I did it as a generic marker. On to the actor_varient stuff... I'll get this working sooner or later...

e: oh, but of course it's not going to work how I want it to. >_<

http://blog.phpwnage.com/~klange/screenshots/cloak_blob2.png
Going to have to manually "route" light around the ship...

e: Well, regardless, my question was answered, and in a way that works for me. Locking.

klange
June 12th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Alright, updating the question a bit as having a built-in gunner isn't really working for me right now (*cough* where's my OS 'allow multi-team vehicles' option? *cough*), so I need to do it as an effect. Assistance is requested. Much thanks in advance. How do I spawn a biped with active-camo through an effect? My other method would be to give active-camo to a biped I can call by name and then just write an attach/detach script...

teh lag
June 12th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Easy - if crude - method : have the effect spawn a dummy vehicle that has the camo'd biped as a built-in gunner.

Choking Victim
June 12th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Easy - if crude - method : have the effect spawn a dummy vehicle that has the camo'd biped as a built-in gunner.
It' more efficient to use a biped with the actor variant as a build-in gunner. Bipeds require less memory.

English Mobster
June 12th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Ah, yes, the actor_variant tag. Now I remember. It's up top in THAT tag.

klange
June 12th, 2009, 04:09 PM
This camo would be way more useful if it didn't render the stuff inside of it...

Masterz1337
June 12th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Use an invisible shader on the biped that is going to have the AI in it's seat.

klange
June 12th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Um, I'm trying to cloak a ship.

I think my options are pretty limited at this point. I really don't want to have to make the entire thing invisible...
http://blog.phpwnage.com/~klange/screenshots/draco_cloak.png

e: One possibility seems to be making the entire ship out of a specific semitransparent texture type... One of them doesn't seem to render behind the cloak. I'll have to see which one it is (my engine flares are missing, so I'll just check their texture type)

e: chicago_extended seems to be what I'm looking for.
e: I could just make the lower lods not have the interior and set the hull texture on them to transparent...