PDA

View Full Version : So, about my Phantom...

CodeBrain
June 13th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I am remaking it.

Not cosmetically, but from within.

What this means is tagwork.

I want to know something about the Phantom from Halo 2, something that certain people know (Zteam, Korn and others)

I am looking at Outskirts, via Gravemind (Halo 2 Vista, if you haven't guessed.) and I see that the turrets are not actually AI themselves, but rather, vehicles. An AI is spawned into the turret immediately after the turret itself is spawned.

However, this is what I need to know. How does the Phantom and the Turret combine?

Normally I would think object_attach, but I thought that would stop the ai from working in general.

If anyone would be able to tell me what does the Phantom do to attach the turrets (which are vehicles) to the turret places.

CodeBrain
June 14th, 2009, 02:16 AM
So no one wants to help?

:saddowns:

But anyway, got a problem.

I made two custom bitmaps (Thanks to Conscars for the help :D) for the Plasma turret projectile on the Phantom. Its for the explosion (supposed to be small) and the smoke (supposed to be small)

However, when I shoot the ground, the effect is HUGE. like, a mini-mini version of the Longsword nuke.

My scale is set at a very low setting, and the particle effect is exactly the same as the plasma grenades, yet it still remains to be huge.

Any idea why this happens?

paladin
June 14th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Posting at night and waiting 4 hours will not get you a result. patients padawan

CodeBrain
June 14th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Excuse me sir

But most of the userbase is not in the americas

Some people live in Europe, New Zealand, and Austrailia!

Where there right now is in the day time

n00b1n8R
June 14th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Actually, it's night time here too :downs:

=sw=warlord
June 14th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Right.. i know you want to go the vehicle route but would it not be better to have 3 seats where the turrets are and have ai there the same way the turret on the dropship works?

CodeBrain
June 14th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Right.. i know you want to go the vehicle route but would it not be better to have 3 seats where the turrets are and have ai there the same way the turret on the dropship works?

I see you haven't downloaded my previous phantoms, as their turrets are ai only and automatically get into their gunner seats.

:downs:

=sw=warlord
June 14th, 2009, 06:26 AM
I see you haven't downloaded my previous phantoms, as their turrets are ai only and automatically get into their gunner seats.

:downs:
No i haven't, i never really got all that interested in halo 2 ports but i wasn't sure if you had tried what i said or not so i figured i may as well say anyways incase it helped.

klange
June 14th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Built-in gunner is the only way I know of. Unless you want to use those turrets yourself... then you have to do some fancy stuff like repeatedly attach and detach them...

Roostervier
June 14th, 2009, 11:02 AM
The reason h2 uses vehicles for that sort of thing is because that's how they made all their vehicles, iirc. Like, the hog is just the hog without a turret. Then, the turret is it's own vehicle attached to the hog. Having your turrets as ai is fine, it won't improve any by putting in a middle man (the vehicle, which is then controlled by ai).