PDA

View Full Version : Couple Questions about SAPP

Horns
June 15th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Ok i've got a couple interesting questions about SAPP. On our =CE= server we have turned SAPP off because we have learned that not only could be on the admin list use the text chat commands but anyone could. Is this how the app is ment to work? I always thought it was only people on the admin list and i don't see why terminator would make it to where anyone who pleased could ban and kick people. Is this how it was ment to be or are we doing somthing wrong? What could be a salution to our problem?

Cortexian
June 15th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Only the people with RCON or people listed on the admin list can use the text commands.

Also, this is Off Topic, not the Halo Custom Edition forum.

Horns
June 15th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Sorry, wasn't sure where to post it, a mod can move it to where they feel it's best please.

So what could be our problem because it seems anyone who comes in can use it.

Cortexian
June 15th, 2009, 02:27 AM
What does your init.txt / events.txt look like? Someone might have modified those to make all new users admins as soon as they join.

supersniper
June 15th, 2009, 05:35 PM
... maybe one of your admins uses a pirate CD key... therefore anyone with that cd key can use the sapp commands.

Cortexian
June 15th, 2009, 09:49 PM
... maybe one of your admins uses a pirate CD key... therefore anyone with that cd key can use the sapp commands.
Lmao, if you didn't background check the cd-hash before letting someone admin it serves you right!

Kaishounashi
June 15th, 2009, 09:56 PM
on an unrelated note, looks like Termy is working on sapp again:

from his homepage:

(11.06.2009) New version is to be released soon, I'm back to work on sapp.

Planned changes:

Further improvements in stability and security, sapp logging support.
Players identified by their names, support for wildcards

http://xhalo.co.cc/

Cortexian
June 15th, 2009, 10:04 PM
He's always working on it, and there's a bunch of customized builds out there for certain people. Just send him money for alcohol... :downs: