PDA

View Full Version : what the fuck is wrong with this shit?

sevlag
June 16th, 2009, 04:13 PM
ok for those who know, i've been griping about the laptop i used to play CE on is now defunct and no longer wants to cooperate...AT ALL, for those wo don't know... its NOT the internet connection as even offline and in SP it gives me this shit..know i've played on that laptop for the last few years and recently its given me shit, anyways here are the specs:

Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5200 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2038MB RAM
Hard Drive: 159 GB
Video Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family
Monitor: Generic Television
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)

now what I want to know is WHY THE FUCK IS THIS HAPPENING? nothing new has been installed to the laptop and the peple who let me use it have never had a problem with it, even when the CE map folder was close to 1 gig...

inferno said it was something to do with the onboard card starting to go to shit and having, or what i got from the eplanation at least, a sort of auxilary render(er) that fails miserably...

anyone wanna help me get this thing back up and CE worthy? i don't want to give up on a kick as game like CE, especially now seeing all the nice new maps being created this year

klange
June 16th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Um, why is what happening? You never actually explained the symptoms of your problem.

sevlag
June 16th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Um, why is what happening? You never actually explained the symptoms of your problem.
whoops, i'm so used to people knowing via my whining...

the problem is i get HUGE lag spikes randomly...in the past (online AND offline) i had no problem running CE at medium or high specs depending on the map, online at worst I never recieved a ping of over 300

but now i seem to get lag spikes that jump from 67 to 2K+
and offline the same problems occur...

what i used to be able to do:

Run CE at medium to high specs
run WMP in the background to listen to music
run xfire in the background with no problems
-----------------------

now even trying to open up my Sega megadrive emulator i get shit...

videos lag, WMP lags, its like its starting to go "i hate you so i dont want to run properly"

sevlag
June 16th, 2009, 07:31 PM
so no one is gonna bother to help me :(

itszutak
June 16th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Sounds like a virus, I'd run Avast or a similar scanner.

Also Spybot S&D.

ExAm
June 17th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Drivers. Update them. Also, try running your emulator and the task manager at the same time, and when the lag starts, watch which process is consuming the most CPU or memory. That way you know which process is causing the lag, and can google it to find out whether it is or could be a virus.

sevlag
June 17th, 2009, 07:51 AM
now i've given it a full scan and nothing comes up, maybe they should trade it in

Syuusuke
June 17th, 2009, 04:12 PM
you may have to reformat

or system restore to a working date, that may work.

sevlag
June 18th, 2009, 01:13 PM
you may have to reformat

or system restore to a working date, that may work.tried that the last week i was there (with their permission and after backing-up specific data)

and the restoration point thing said ti failed to return to an earlier time

i dont know WHATS wrong

Sel
June 18th, 2009, 01:39 PM
There is no way you could have maxed out halo on that graphics card.

sevlag
June 19th, 2009, 12:54 PM
There is no way you could have maxed out halo on that graphics card.
well i dont know WHAT is wrong

Cojafoji
June 19th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Try defragging, and shutting down that annoying as fuck search indexing services that comes with xp3.

sevlag
June 19th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Try defragging, and shutting down that annoying as fuck search indexing services that comes with xp3.

so uninstall Srvc pack 3?

lemme try