PDA

View Full Version : Running Multiple Instances

Heathen
June 18th, 2009, 01:52 AM
Of any program.

Any way to?
See
Me and Huero wanna run two instances of Rocketdock but it isn't allowed.
Any way to run two instances, make them both boot, and have two different sets of icons and settings?

Advancebo
June 18th, 2009, 01:53 AM
i think you can rename the exe.

RecycleBin
June 18th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Find the folder the program is installed in. "C:\program files\RocketDock" usually, right click this folder name in windows explorer and select "Copy". paste this again in the program files folder, and it will be name something like "Copy of RocketDock".

secondly make a shortuct to the exe in the new folder. you will therefore have 2 shortcuts, 1 to the old file and 1 to the new one. add the command line "allowdup" to each shortcut by right clicking the shortcut and adding "allowdup" to the end of the field "Target" box.

Huero
June 18th, 2009, 02:52 AM
God, I LOVE you guys sometimes.
I want to stay friends though.
No funny business.
I can see you going for my ass.

Heathen
June 18th, 2009, 02:54 AM
Heh, very simple answers.
And since huero is a girl and cant seem to ever find the "new thread" button, I will thank you for answering his question.

Heathen
June 18th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Find the folder the program is installed in. "C:\program files\RocketDock" usually, right click this folder name in windows explorer and select "Copy". paste this again in the program files folder, and it will be name something like "Copy of RocketDock".

secondly make a shortuct to the exe in the new folder. you will therefore have 2 shortcuts, 1 to the old file and 1 to the new one. add the command line "allowdup" to each shortcut by right clicking the shortcut and adding "allowdup" to the end of the field "Target" box.
about that rep you got, its strange, becuase I have no idea what to think of you.

Goddamn.
you seem useless, but so far you are one of the most helpful users ever.

I just cant put my finger on you.

RecycleBin
June 18th, 2009, 05:29 AM
I have a strange personality.

Judging from your response I assume it worked.

Cortexian
June 18th, 2009, 07:01 AM
I've just been using ObjectDock + Rocketdock instead of duping the program. More stable this way.

Pyong Kawaguchi
June 18th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Or you can hex it :P

Limited
June 18th, 2009, 02:22 PM
If the copy folder method didnt work give me the exe and I'll hack it to allow multiple instances.

Heathen
June 18th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Well, being the woman he is, he decided to change his mind and is just going to use Objectdock primarily.

What a girl he is.

HueroSamantha

Limited
June 18th, 2009, 06:38 PM
What a panzy. Isnt one free though?

Heathen
June 18th, 2009, 06:41 PM
They both are.
Or maybe Object Dock isn't.

Cortexian
June 18th, 2009, 06:46 PM
They're both free, ObjectDock has a paid version with more features though.

Huero
June 18th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Well, being the woman he is, he decided to change his mind and is just going to use Objectdock primarily.

What a girl he is.

HueroSamantha
i will hunt you down

UslessUser
October 5th, 2013, 10:54 AM
:tinfoil: Hello ?

If there's still anyone seeing this thread, I'd like to ask about, how do I make the program duping process correct ?
Because it didn't work the way I was trying several times, and I don't feel like installing more software for this :P

my attempt : I copied the "Rocket Dock" folder in "Program files" and made two shortcuts from each exe, into a folder located in my Doc's.. then edited the "target" slots like this | "target slot link..." - allowdup | or | "target slot link..." allowdup | none of the ways seam to work.

I'm using win7.

cheers, thanks in advance :)

Cortexian
October 10th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Way to bump a 4 year old thread.

Patrickssj6
October 11th, 2013, 06:49 AM
get OllyDebugger, learn Reverse Engineering. Profit.
http://i.imagebanana.com/img/xw6ydbxg/60275004.jpg