PDA

View Full Version : My computer is acting weird...

Inferno
June 18th, 2009, 02:46 PM
When I start up my computer my initial bios screen (dell in big blue letters and a progress bar) goes like normal then gets stuck at 100% for 1 or 2 minutes. Then my hard drive bios screen comes up acts like normal then when it goes to detect my drives it gets stuck for 1 or 2 minutes and then tells me it does not detect any hard drives on the computer and says press f1 to continue or f2 for setup. If I hit f1 the computer goes and boots to windows like nothing is wrong.

WHAT THE FUCK

RecycleBin
June 18th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Vista?

jcap
June 18th, 2009, 03:20 PM
You sure you don't have a drive enabled in your BIOS that isn't connected? You check your cables to make sure a drive that's enabled in the BIOS didn't end up becoming disconnected (power and data)? That's been my experience with something like this. Sometimes the Dell POST message would say that a drive was not found (note that it didn't say a specific drive), and that you could press F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup.

jcap
June 18th, 2009, 03:20 PM
You sure you don't have a drive enabled in your BIOS that isn't connected? You check your cables to make sure a drive that's enabled in the BIOS didn't end up becoming disconnected (power and data)? That's been my experience with something like this. Sometimes the Dell POST message would say that a drive was not found (note that it didn't say a specific drive), and that you could press F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup.

Inferno
June 18th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Windows XP.

The cables are fine and I looked at my bios and its all right.
It does say which drives are not detected. My 2 SATA drives one is a samsung I think and the other is a sea gate. The samsung is my main drive and the other is for vista although the vista drive doesnt boot anymore because I reinstalled XP a while back and it messed up the vista drive boot. The vista drive still works I can use it I just havent bothered to reinstall the OS on it.

Both drives work fine btw. It's just saying theirs something wrong when there isn't anything that I can tell.