PDA

View Full Version : 120 HZ

samnwck
June 18th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Ok, so I posted here a while back about a 120 hz question, that was when i didn't have my computer, now i have my computer all hooked up to my tv, a 120 hz tv mind you, and i can't get my damn computer to go above 60 hz. I have tried going in the nvidia control panel to make a custom resolution to work at 120 hz but it won't let me pass the test. Any one have a possible solution?

Need to knows(if you need to know anyway)

Tv: Samsung 40" 1080p 120 hz tv (ln40b630)
GFX card: Gtx 275 1792mb
dvi-hdmi adapter
Hdmi cable: 10.9 gb/s Monster Cable capable of 120 hz.

InnerGoat
June 18th, 2009, 11:26 PM
That TV doesn't do "real" 120Hz. Quoting Amazon's page about it -

Auto Motion Plus 120Hz This technology doubles the frame rate from 60 to 120 frames per second (120Hz LCD panel) without repeating the same image to make more frames. Instead, the TV intelligently calculates the ‘middle' image between frame A and frame B and inserts it in between (Auto Motion Plus 120Hz processor), making a fluid transition from one frame to the next.

Does it say anything about 120Hz and computer connections in the manual?

samnwck
June 18th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Shit thats lame, but that means that running at 60 hz, as long as automotion plus is active i should get a near 120 hz picture?

InnerGoat
June 18th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Maybe. If it does, the display might feel laggy because of the extra image processing going on. :mech:

samnwck
June 18th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Well ill have to use my blu ray player as the benchmark for the computer, because i know stand alone blu ray players work great on this tv

BobtheGreatII
June 19th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Well ill have to use my blu ray player as the benchmark for the computer, because i know stand alone blu ray players work great on this tv

Dude. Holy hell. Where have you been? Haven't seen you in forever. :iamafag:

samnwck
June 19th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Lol, I know Bobby, well mostly I've been working to be able to buy all this crap pretty much haha. I see you on Xbox Live a lot though, you probably dont even realize that it's my gamertag, baldcobra. Yeah man i just got a new computer today, one that's all my own, so we can start talking more bro. I'll catch you around.