PDA

View Full Version : Limited or no connectivity, WTF.

Corndogman
June 19th, 2009, 10:22 PM
For some reason, my brothers laptop refuses to connect to our wireless network with internet access It connects but with limited connectivity. All of our other laptops connect fine, even one that is the exact same model as his.

I've tried all the repair options in the diagnose dialogue, nothing. I know the drivers are up to date, I checked. I don't think the wireless card itself is broken, as the computer was just sent in under warranty, and that was one of the things supposed to be fixed (he was having problems with other stuff too, and was having this problem then too).

It's using vista, and the network and sharing center says it cant identify the network. Any idea's how to fix?

E: I discovered that there is a "internet gateway device" in the computers and devices list, but there is no information about it besides that its made by microsoft. I have no idea what it means, but could that be the source of the problem?

E: It appears as though I've fixed it. I guess it was something with windows firewall. It was set to exclude the wireless connection like it should be, but it was still being blocked so I disabled it entirely.

I'm closing the thread, but I'll reopen if there's any future trouble.