PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got Guitar Hero: Aerosmith for the 360?

p0lar_bear
June 26th, 2009, 11:44 AM
I need someone to play a song on Co-op with me on this game so i can record the band (sans guitar or bass) track for it. I tried playing both parts at once, and uh, that didn't quite work out. %-)

In case you're wondering, I'm charting one of the songs there for Frontman (a.k.a. Guitar Zero).

Pyong Kawaguchi
June 26th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Why not just rip it from a disk?
They have the game for pc, and since its pretty old, you could just rip it, with higher quality, and have the tracks be properly seperated.
Or you could always go the other route loltorrents

p0lar_bear
June 26th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I only own the game for the 360, and I don't think there's tools to rip from the 360 DVD. Plus my PC probably can't run GH:A, even if i could find a copy of it.

Pyong Kawaguchi
June 26th, 2009, 11:52 AM
You don't need to run it, there are tools that will rip the files out of the game, in its original format.
Also, any DL DVD drive can rip 360 games last I knew
You just gotta hotswap the disk (you need atleast a 7.29gb movie though!)
Also, Kreon drives naturally read them last I knew also.
E: The kreon has to be flashed but w/e

p0lar_bear
June 26th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I'm already set up for recording; my sound comes out of a stereo system with a headphone jack, and I've got a cable running from that jack to my PC's line in. The only issue i've got is a low buzzing which is easily fixed with Audacity's noise filter.

To me, a direct rip sounds overly complicated, not sure if I have a lolhueg DVD, and I don't know where to begin looking for the tools.

Pyong Kawaguchi
June 26th, 2009, 12:26 PM
If you need the tools, you can get them at the scorehero forums

jcap
June 26th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Even if you can manage to rip the game, you won't be able to get the audio. All (or most) Xbox 360 audio tracks are compressed with XMA(2), which can't be decompressed with any public tools. Even the XDK doesn't provide an adequate xmaencode.

p0lar_bear
June 26th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Well, I talked one of my roommates into playing Guitar Queero with me and I got it.

Thread over.