PDA

View Full Version : Gallery Topic (post your favorite work, or WIP's)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

JinTechk
December 15th, 2007, 08:29 AM
K will do ^__^ if all phaisl i got some left who should know, unless kirby doesn't either ;_;

o well, annyhow ill shut up now and come back when i have something to actualy show wich doesnt make your eyes bleed.

Tweek
December 15th, 2007, 10:53 AM
jintech.

don't listen to hunter. ever.

he's propably the biggest dumbass roaming these forums at the moment.
fuck, SVC is better than hunter, and that sais ALOOOOT!

you propably dont know who svc is, but the old people here know. maybe one of them can tell you how bad it is if someone is worse than SVC.

as for hunter, he should take his own life.

Disaster
December 15th, 2007, 10:56 AM
tweek, your a mean person but its the truth lol not the taking the life part though

Tweek
December 15th, 2007, 11:03 AM
tweek, your a mean person.

sometimes.

JinTechk
December 15th, 2007, 11:04 AM
K thanks for that bit of advice was curious as to why he had negative rep >.> o well if what he sez is (no offense) worth crap then what is good advice to model that thing i have spawned from heck?

Tweek
December 15th, 2007, 11:08 AM
spawned from heck?
say it right if you're going to use that expression

the very first thing you should do, is select all faces, and hit the big Autosmooth button.
it'll make all your spikes and shit look less weirdly shaded.

second thing would be, not to make everythign square. what i see are all just straight extrusions.
extruding isn't BAD, but it's not a 1-use-tool. it's a begin-tool. what that means is it's the start of a line of things to do. when you extrude things, grab some of the verts, and drag em a bit, make some slanted surfaces that way.

i havent really got a clue of what you're trying to make here, so i can't really offer you any proper advice, just some general things to keep in mind.

JinTechk
December 15th, 2007, 11:11 AM
K hitting ye old big button of smoothing now to see what it murders.
also tweek are you like the moddeling king around this place or something? alot of people talk bout u alot + that tweek has gone missing topic XP

Tweek
December 15th, 2007, 11:14 AM
also tweek are you like the moddeling king around this place or something? alot of people talk bout u alot + that tweek has gone missing topic XP

some peope like to paint me that way, also, that thread wasabout Dano, not about me :P

JinTechk
December 15th, 2007, 11:21 AM
it lined it nicely i geuse took the spikeyness of it, now it actualy looks like something, as to what it is going to be, well basicly my clan leader wants a map as some weird tribute, and this map basicly needs to be that plane (hence why it's about 5 times bigger then a longsword) with bracks a bridge and all that crap... so i never said i was good at this or annything but yeah i got bombed to claymore maker he drew a picture of what he wanted it to look and well about 1 box + god may know how manny bevel's and extrusion's later i had this thing (has a small over lapping surfaces error on the right wing but thats shouldnt be to hard to fix considering it's a small corner of one of the truster things)

so in short i suck bigtime, and im modeling it mostly for just learning how to actualy make nice stuff for when i do decide to make a map or weapon or something.

PlasbianX
December 15th, 2007, 12:13 PM
EDIT Wrong thread -___-

Hunter
December 15th, 2007, 12:46 PM
At least i aint lyk that fuking guy who kept on ripping shit, cnt think of his name now. he tryed to turn his ways and starting mapping, he had no skill. I at least have a bit of skill. Jus stfu being a dick tweek. All you like to do is crit peoples work because you want to be the best. I try and help people, i aint sayin that i am dead good and stuff, because i know im not.

You are just stuck up ya fucking arse.

And seems that i made my Long Sword exactly like bungie then that means it is a good model or you are saying bungie has a shit model.
And i aint saying its perfect but it is really close to bungies. So dont blame me if its shit, blame bungie.

But you can blame me for some of the errors.

TPE
December 15th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Show us proof that it is exactly like bungies.

And Tweek is not (i hope) being a dick. He is only speaking the truth. Something people like you think is insults. Learn to take the crit or don't post.

Hunter
December 15th, 2007, 12:57 PM
He does not post helpful crit alot of the time. And how the fuck am i like that guy he said i am like, i try to fucking help people but i get it thrown back in my face. And to compare it with the halo 3 Long Sword then get the game and go onto "The Ark" then there is a part were the long sword crashes, go into the Theater and look at it!

Tweek
December 15th, 2007, 01:02 PM
You are just stuck up ya fucking arse.
no, YOU're up your own arse you can't even read my post properly.

im not blaming bungie, im blaming you, im critting YOUR model, not bungies.
im not critting the design, im critting YOUR work. don't you dare passing it of as bungies fault. it's YOUR model, BUNGIE's design. it may look the same, but YOUR model is loaded with errors, errors made by YOU, NOT by bungie.

you don't know anything about me besides what i post on these forums, don't act like you do.

All you like to do is crit peoples work because you want to be the best.
you have just PROVEN you don't know what the hell criticism means. go find a fucking dictionary.

I try and help people.you dare claim i don't help people?
again, all you know is what you read what i post on these forums, that's just a surface, you're not even scratching it. do you have any CLUE how many people here contact me on aim to ask for my help? no, you don't. you see people improving on their work. 80% of the time, that's because they bothered to contact me on aim, ask me for help, tips, and crits. people started out here as failures, me, snaf, or other people who have proven their skill and knowledge helped them, and watched them improve, and with that, their status on the forums improved. they got accepted in the community, and now parttake in it actively.

now if your history teacher was teaching you false things, and next year in school, you were getting a test, and you filled in what you learnd that year before, the thigns you learnt wrong, wouldn't you be upset for someone teaching you bullshit, making you fail your test?

also: GREAT spelling and grammar there.

Bastinka
December 15th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I already gave tweek rep :(

Tweek, I completely agree with you. I was planning a response but didn't know how to word it.

Also, on the model.. I don't see how it looks like the longsword.

Hunter
December 15th, 2007, 01:09 PM
I dont give a shit about my spelling and gramma, i can type how i want to fucking type.

I dont have History, and i have more or less finnished school.

You did a good job at helping me "sarcasm", you just criticized every peice of my work, (the warthog limo was shit though...)

im not blaming bungie, im blaming you, im critting YOUR model, not bungies.
You criticized the design of the long sword which IS criticizing bungies model.

you dare claim i don't help people?
I didnt claim that you DONT help people, i was saying that i try and help, fuktard.

you don't know anything about me besides what i post on these forums, don't act like you do.
And you know me do you?

Bastinka
December 15th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I dont give a shit about my speeling and gramma, i can type how i want to fucking type.
Tell that to your next employer :)

Oh wait?...

Tweek
December 15th, 2007, 01:15 PM
I dont give a shit about my speeling and gramma, i can type how i want to fucking type.
no, you can't. enjoy the infractions.

I dont have History, and i have more or less finnished school.
SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHH
something just COMPLETELY swooshed over your head.
(also, you might want to go back there, and retake english)

You did a good job at helping me "sarcasm", you just criticized every peice of my work.
i never claimed to have helped you. learn to read.

And you know me do you?
i never claimed any such thing. learn to read.

LiquidDragon
December 15th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Hello people.

I am new to the Halo custom edition community.

Here is my w.i.p. What do you'll think?

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg56/burnzilla2007/tripmine.png
edit;

O yeah, forgot to say, its the H3 trip mine.

Tweek
December 15th, 2007, 01:32 PM
duplicate accounts are a bannable offence captain obvious.

Con
December 15th, 2007, 01:34 PM
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-downsowned.gif

Hunter
December 15th, 2007, 01:36 PM
No, that was not a duplicate account, i have been teaching my brother to model, and he wanted to show it to someone, so i told him to post it here. That is why its the same IP!

So why the fuck you ban it?

Tweek
December 15th, 2007, 01:36 PM
sorry, i win.

SnaFuBAR
December 15th, 2007, 02:04 PM
TLSHunter, get the FUCK outta here. you're ruining the topic.

Zeph
December 15th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Get on topic or this thread goes bye bye.

Sel
December 15th, 2007, 03:43 PM
i have been teaching my brother to model

Great.....

Good job youve been doing there.

JinTechk
December 15th, 2007, 05:45 PM
tread no go bye bye please, also tweek i have some questions about my model altough as sated before it sucks i still intend to finish it, so i was meaning to ask if you know annything about textureing?

ifso what are things i should be on the lookout for if i want to make this thing look nice?

offtopic: I noticed i get infractions for bad grammer so ill do my best to spell beter.

Tweek
December 15th, 2007, 06:13 PM
bad grammar is one thing, but turning your post into a single unreadable blob, by letting out ANY form of punctuation, and absolutely TERRIBLE spelling is another.

everyone makes typos, and not everyone is a native english speaker (i'm not), and that won't land you a warning. posting an unreadable jumble lands you a warning.

on another note, yeah i know something about texturing, but honestly, i don't think there's anything you can do to make it look nice.
the best (read: simplest, and quickest) you can do, is auto-unwrap it, and stuff on a generic flat metal texture onto it or something. that's how most people started out apparently O_o. maybe your clan leader guy likes it, i'm not sure what his expectations are.

you don't have to make a masterpiece, just make the guy you're doing it for accept it, and if he doesnt, tough. he can make it himself.

BUT that's just my view.

if you want to make stuff look nice, you're going to have to learn how to actually "model" instead of simply extruding faces and dragging vertices.

JinTechk
December 15th, 2007, 06:39 PM
if you want to make stuff look nice, you're going to have to learn how to actually "model" instead of simply extruding faces and dragging vertices.

ah yes my ultimate goal, well as said i'm still in the early stages of learning so i reckon ill get there someday (if i put my back into it) so thanks for all the advice. it realy helped on certain spots.

expect something else (little less noobish i hope) in the near future comming from me, till then all fear the block plane.:lol:

Ki11a_FTW
December 15th, 2007, 08:26 PM
No, that was not a duplicate account, i have been teaching my brother to model, and he wanted to show it to someone, so i told him to post it here. That is why its the same IP!

So why the fuck you ban it?

Just stop fucking arguing with tweek, your ruining the point of this thread, your not going to win against him anyway.

Rob Oplawar
December 16th, 2007, 01:45 AM
let's get back on topic, shall we?

http://www.spacebrick.net/argo/gallery/a.6.2_09.jpg
A bit dark, since it's just got debug lighting (better quality radiosity running as I type), but then again, it's supposed to be dark. It's a ventilation/maintenance shaft.

Don't knock it. It's 20 minutes of work (including some stuff that's not shown) and the player passes through it pretty quickly.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it in cause it's kinda neat and this thread's getting kinda off topic.

Botolf
December 16th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Hehe, some mysterious fluid dripping from the dark ceiling would be a nice way to screw with the player's mind :lol:

DaneO'Roo
December 16th, 2007, 03:48 AM
looks kewl :#

legionaire45
December 16th, 2007, 04:58 AM
First off, I shall give both of you twits some awards. JinTechK (http://www.learntospell.net/award.php?n=JinTechK)and Hunter (http://www.learntospell.net/award.php?n=TLS-Hunter), be proud of yourselves and print those awards. Display them in your home and show them to your friends when they come over. Please.

For JignTechK: 1 (http://www.moddb.com/tutorials/23868/beretta-9000-video-tutorial). 2 (http://www.moddb.com/tutorials/24143/creating-a-weapon-for-source).

About the Longsword: It flat out sucks. Don't use one reference from really far away. If you own Halo 3 actually go up to the crashed model on the the desert Ark level (forgot the title) and as you are modeling walk around. In fact, before you even start modeling anything just jump around the Longsword for an hour and look at how it is assembled. Figure out how everything is put together before you waste time making a piss poor model that looks nothing like the original.

About the...spiky space brick thing... Scrap it, start over after going through those 2 tutorials up there. And for the love of god please spend more then 2 seconds randomly spanking your hands on your keyboard like a retarded 5 year old with Parkinson's when you ask for crit. If it helps download Firefox and use it's built in spell checker if you really have English skills that bad. Besides that the design of the model (or seeming lack there of) does not help at all -- Tell the person who designed that floating space box for you (or whatever it was) to actually look at sci-fi spaceships/real world vehicles to get some references from instead of making a giant space dildo with spikes bleeding out the back.

My final word here though: Give up on Halo CE modding. For the most part it is dead and the only mods that will make any kind of difference will be stuff like Bridge CE. Go find another game engine to embarrass.

---------------------------------------------------------------

That corridor actually looks really good like that Rob, definately creates a mood of fear and anticipation. Needs moar hell demons ripping out of walls though xD.

JinTechk
December 16th, 2007, 05:13 AM
*pins the awards in the wall*
Yay another for my newb collection.
I'm downloading the tuts now so don't worry i actualy intend to listen to what u guys yap about.

Hunter
December 16th, 2007, 05:35 AM
About the Longsword: It flat out sucks. Don't use one reference from really far away. If you own Halo 3 actually go up to the crashed model on the the desert Ark level (forgot the title) and as you are modeling walk around. In fact, before you even start modeling anything just jump around the Longsword for an hour and look at how it is assembled. Figure out how everything is put together before you waste time making a piss poor model that looks nothing like the original.

I did better than that, i went around the longsword before it crashes...

Rosco
December 16th, 2007, 05:51 AM
let's get back on topic, shall we?

A bit dark, since it's just got debug lighting (better quality radiosity running as I type), but then again, it's supposed to be dark. It's a ventilation/maintenance shaft.

Don't knock it. It's 20 minutes of work (including some stuff that's not shown) and the player passes through it pretty quickly.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it in cause it's kinda neat and this thread's getting kinda off topic.

Does the mc put his gun down to go up ladders? Or did you just switch weapons, because that looks pretty cool.

Tweek
December 16th, 2007, 07:10 AM
I did better than that, i went around the longsword before it crashes...

shut.... up...
hunter, drop it NOW.

quit making excuses or going on about it in ANY other way.

Get on topic or this thread goes bye bye.

Hunter
December 16th, 2007, 07:23 AM
I was replying to his post... and take that quote of your sig please.

Disaster
December 16th, 2007, 08:30 AM
He doesnt have to if he doesnt want to hunter..and do us all a favor and leave

p0lar_bear
December 16th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Next post that goes off topic on the discussion of Hunter's modeling issues results in immediate detention for the poster. Next post that is off topic will be an infraction. I'm sick of seeing all of the squabbling and shit.

I am not kidding. I don't care if it's Hunter, Tweek, or even jcap.

Rob Oplawar
December 16th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Thank you, p0lar.
@Rosco: Yeah, I was just switching weapons to make it look less weird in the screenshot. Lol at MC's magic ladder climbing skillz.

oh yeah and btw, as always that image is full of placeholder textures.

TPE
December 16th, 2007, 02:03 PM
@ Rob: Wow finally somebody got the visor HUD right. Its not at all distracting like all the other ones made by people. In fact it almost looks like halo 3's.

It would be nice to see a script or something that lowers your gun when climbing a ladder.

Sever
December 16th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Dude, one needs to shoot when on ladders still... I couldn't tell you how many times i've needed to defend myself while climbing the ladders on Yoyorast Island (all 4 of them), Prisoner, Timberland, Damnation, Sidewinder, well, you get the picture. Ladders are still part of the combat area.

Sel
December 16th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Dude, one needs to shoot when on ladders still... I couldn't tell you how many times i've needed to defend myself while climbing the ladders on Yoyorast Island (all 4 of them), Prisoner, Timberland, Damnation, Sidewinder, well, you get the picture. Ladders are still part of the combat area.

I hate the ladders in halo, its so easy for 2 people to come sit on the second floor of a base, and camp with a shotgun. They easily kill anyone who comes up.

Halo should have had something that makes that scenario a little more fair.

Tweek
December 16th, 2007, 03:29 PM
throw a grenade up before you climb up?

Sel
December 16th, 2007, 03:30 PM
throw a grenade up before you climb up?

Holy crap, I am epic surprised I never thought of that O_O.

Ill have to practice my throwing grenades up ladders :D

Rob Oplawar
December 16th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Actually, I find ladders in Halo are really irritating in combat. That's why in my map they are only used for getting back up from somewhere if you accidentally fall down, and never appear in combat.

Hotrod
December 16th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Halo should have had something that makes that scenario a little more fair.

Well, Halo is a pretty old game, and it was the first game that Bungie made on the Xbox, so they didn't know much about how it worked. Also, that's why they got rid of ladders in Halo 2/3 (as in slash, not two thirds).

@Rob : That's a nice visor outline, can't wait to have it on my screen.

Tweek
December 16th, 2007, 05:46 PM
gameplay has nothing to do with the platform it's built for.

Sever
December 16th, 2007, 06:02 PM
AND, ladders still exist in Halo 2. Don't know about H3 yet, though.

Skyline
December 16th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Don't know about H3 yet, though.
Yah, you can climb up one on the end of the highway. Forget the name.

E: Tsavo Highway

Sever
December 16th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Or the two in Waterworks.

Huero
December 16th, 2007, 06:20 PM
The only ladders in Halo 3 are on Tsavo Highway :/

n00b1n8R
December 16th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Ladders allways sucked, bungie themselves said so on the commentary on the H2 map pack (when they were making warlock, one of the things they really wanted to change was the ladders).

Zeph
December 16th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Ladders allways sucked, bungie themselves said so on the commentary on the H2 map pack (when they were making warlock, one of the things they really wanted to change was the ladders).
Ladders have their own uses and tailor to a specific kind of player. For instance, I love ladders for the control you have about moving up and down. The downside of not being able to control how well you get off is negligible when you compare it to how you really move in real life. The gravity-lifts/man-cannons are great for getting from point a to point b without much of a hassle, but you have absolutely no control while you're doing so. You're at the mercy of everything and everyone else on the map.

Con
December 16th, 2007, 08:34 PM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1114/layoutjw1.jpg
map layout

Anton
December 16th, 2007, 08:50 PM
That looks like it'd be nice to play! Even your concept overviews are awesome Conscars.

Ki11a_FTW
December 16th, 2007, 08:56 PM
yeah i remember them making elongnation on the video, and one guy said that they wanted to tilt the ladders on an angle if there was going to be some, so that it would work right, but i apparently they got scrapped.

Hotrod
December 16th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Well, they do appear in Halo 2 and 3, but only once or twice. They aren't as common as in Halo 1.

Con
December 16th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Can you guys help me think of a theme for my map concept? (previous page)
That is, the general modeling style and texturing. I'm not doing icy/snowy, so don't suggest it ;p

TPE
December 16th, 2007, 09:25 PM
A night time desert would be interesting.

Archon23
December 16th, 2007, 09:38 PM
How about night tropical? I haven't seen one of those yet.

Mass
December 16th, 2007, 09:38 PM
That is, the general modeling style and texturing. I'm not doing icy/snowy, so don't suggest it ;p
Savanna, like high ground, except make it dusky.

Sever
December 16th, 2007, 09:40 PM

I would suggest crashed UNSC battlecruiser, but I'm planning to do something like that for a remake of Hang 'Em High (once I learn to model properly), using various human items (ODST drop pods, Albatross cargo pods, an overturned Scorpion chassis, Pelican, and a Longsword crashed into a wall) to create some of the terrain.

So, if you (anyone) want to use any of those ideas, go ahead, but for you, Conscars, I suggest this:

Make a forest map on a land bridge. Give the bases underground passageways that eventually go deep enough to be suspended from the bottom of the land bridge, and thus allow a long-range base-to-base combat area. Maybe even put a small gully going diagonally through the center, and have some of the underground passages exiting into it.

Just a crazy idea I had for a map a long time ago. Probably too odd to be worth anything to you, seeing as to the fact that you already have your bases constructed. Oh well though.

n00b1n8R
December 16th, 2007, 09:43 PM
do a swamp D:

they need to be done more tbh :<

Terror(NO)More
December 16th, 2007, 09:43 PM

Go with Massacre's Idea that would be nice

Con
December 16th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Savanna, like high ground, except make it dusky.
hey, good idea; I could finally use this sky I made for frostbite but never used:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9114/nightfallskydomepl1.jpg

Jay2645
December 17th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Well, I have a rough sketch of a new campaign that popped into my head. It's set in the Halo Universe, on Earth, 7 missions from about midway through H2 to just before H3 (The final level is the last Neil Blockamp Short):
ODST Squad Sigma-Omega-Pi (Alpha and Bravo Teams) SP Campaign

ODST Overview: No shields, but boosted health. Health packs scattered around more often. No Spartans seen at all in campaign.

Spawn System: When you die, you do not go back to the last checkpoint. Instead, you are air-dropped from a Pelican over the last LZ you cleared. Similar system to Checkpoints, just looks different. Might disappear if scripts don't cooperate.

Missions:
Los Angeles: Rescue AI stored in databanks. Mission Failed: AI Databanks destroyed. Covie Victory (Glassed).
Chicago: Rescue AI stored in databanks. Mission Accomplished: AI rescued. Human Victory. Damage: Outskirts intact. City eliminated by Tactical Nuke and Longsword Bombing run.
Washington, D.C.: Secure Presidential information databanks (NOTE: I am aware that there is no U.S.A. [And thus no President] in 2552-2553, I just needed a name for the databanks). Mission Failed: White House memory databanks destroyed. Covie Victory (Glassed).
New York: Save United Nations building. Protect President of the U.N. Mission Failed: President assassinated, U.N. Building destroyed. Covie Victory (Glassed).
London: Protect Buckingham Palace long enough for Marines to infiltrate the Palace, upload the databanks, and rescue AI. Mission Failed: Buckingham Palace destroyed. Human Victory. Damage: Big Ben destroyed, Buckingham Palace destroyed.
Paris: Recover Paintings from the Louvre, rescue UNSC Shipyards AI and Evac personnel. Mission Accomplished. Paintings recovered, AI uploaded. Most Personnel en route via Pelican to UNSC base outside of New Mombasa ruins. Covie victory (Glassed).
New Mombasa, Ruins: Find Sierra 117 landing site and upload. Mission accomplished: Sierra 117 found. Data recovered. Covie victory (Human forces retreat).

I just got this all down on paper (Well, digital paper), I'll be drawing LA's concept art tomorrow in Geometry class, probably (Hey, it IS shapes, right?). I THINK someone beat me to the punch with an ODST campaign idea, I've been overlooking any topics that seem boring/uninteresting or I'm too lazy to look at. I'm pretty sure it's Bridge CE, but I'm not confident and I don't know too much of the details. If someone did, I'd prefer not a link to the thread please, I don't want to accidentally steal someone's ideas.

Anyway, any suggestions while I'm still in concept stages?

Con
December 17th, 2007, 12:12 AM
are you planning on doing all this yourself?

Jay2645
December 17th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Probably not, I might be able to get some people to help me out, a lot of people owe me favors, I just need to put it together. I figure, if it fails to get off of the ground, then I got some experience out of the deal.

Con
December 17th, 2007, 12:39 AM
weren't you already working on a campaign

Jay2645
December 17th, 2007, 12:44 AM
weren't you already working on a campaign
A while ago, yes. It never went anywhere because I didn't have any scripts to it, so I couldn't do anything CMT hadn't already done.

Sever
December 17th, 2007, 01:03 AM
I have a few questions about weapon possibilities:

1. Can you have the flashlight key (referred to as F from now on) set up to toggle your weapon between a primary and secondary mode? Example: I pick up a weapon that shoots in an accurate burst-fire mode, then press F and it shoots in a semi-accurate fully-automatic mode, and draws from the same ammo pool, AND i still have another weapon in secondary with a different F key function (that remembers its current setting while in secondary).

2. If the F key toggle is possible, can I make a weapon that initially has a basic setup of primary for shooting and secondary for grenade throwing, and when toggled, primary for shooting one weapon, and secondary for shooting another, both drawing from the same ammo pool? This would essentially be like dual-wielding two of the same weapon, but the max ammo would not change when toggled, but other values, such as accuracy and spread would.

3. Can I have a weapon that has two levels of overcharge? Example: A single click yields a projectile that travels for 10 meters before detonating, while a hold for .5 to 1.5 seconds yields a projectile that travels 30 meters, and +1.5 yields 50 meters.

If these are possible, I might be able to make a new and interesting set of about eight weapons that will be quite interesting.

Jay2645
December 17th, 2007, 01:06 AM
I have a few questions about weapon possibilities:

1. Can you have the flashlight key (referred to as F from now on) set up to toggle your weapon between a primary and secondary mode? Example: I pick up a weapon that shoots in an accurate burst-fire mode, then press F and it shoots in a semi-accurate fully-automatic mode, and draws from the same ammo pool, AND i still have another weapon in secondary with a different F key function (that remembers its current setting while in secondary). Hmm... It may be possible, but I'm not sure. I know Dual-Wielding does something like this.

2. If the F key toggle is possible, can I make a weapon that initially has a basic setup of primary for shooting and secondary for grenade throwing, and when toggled, primary for shooting one weapon, and secondary for shooting another, both drawing from the same ammo pool? This would essentially be like dual-wielding two of the same weapon, but the max ammo would not change when toggled, but other values, such as accuracy and spread would. I believe it would be, yes.

3. Can I have a weapon that has two levels of overcharge? Example: A single click yields a projectile that travels for 10 meters before detonating, while a hold for .5 to 1.5 seconds yields a projectile that travels 30 meters, and +1.5 yields 50 meters. Yep. It's in the .Projectile tag, you set a different .Projectile for an overcharge shot, and you can enter the values from there. Look at the Plasma Pistol, I think it has something similar to this.

If these are possible, I might be able to make a new and interesting set of about eight weapons that will be quite interesting.
You said interesting twice at the end there.

Sever
December 17th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Lol oops. I started to say something else but fucked it up. I use some words too often, and they just end up being repeated.

Rob Oplawar
December 17th, 2007, 01:36 AM
I THINK someone beat me to the punch with an ODST campaign idea, I've been overlooking any topics that seem boring/uninteresting or I'm too lazy to look at. I'm pretty sure it's Bridge CE, but I'm not confident and I don't know too much of the details.
Yep, BCE is an ODST campaign. But you're absolutely welcome to try one of your own. I'll just warn you that it's a lot more work than you think. But yeah, I'd definitely love to see some more custom Halo CE solo levels.

Botolf
December 17th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Yep, BCE is an ODST campaign. But you're absolutely welcome to try one of your own. I'll just warn you that it's a lot more work than you think. But yeah, I'd definitely love to see some more custom Halo CE solo levels.
I'm thinking of working on one (early stages right now, but I have some ideas), if not for Halo CE, then perhaps whenever Microsoft pushes Halo 3 onto PC :)

Sever
December 17th, 2007, 01:46 AM
This weapon set that I have in mind/planning is actually the starting point for a custom sp campaign set after the events of Halo 3 (thus, it doesn't need to follow any preexisting precedents other than the UNSC-Sangheli alliance) which will involve a cybernetic super-soldier (aka future-Spartan), a group of Sangheli allies, a UNSC multi-purpose AI that gets entrapped, two spin-offs of that AI (one of which immediately goes rampant in the defense installation, while the other joins you in your suit), a Forerunner-corrupted UNSC defense AI, a pair of UNSC-Sangheli Cruisers (one of which crashes), Sentinels (all shapes and sizes), and the Flood. Also, it will involve some of the most intense firefights possible (the rampant AI channeling all of the Food attacking the base to your position), and some of the most non-linear battlefields in existence.

Hunter
December 17th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Conscars, i was thinking of a stormy theme, with battles going on in space, which will be loud explosions.

You could have trees flying around and stuff as well....lol.

And sometimes lightening striking the ground if you could make that sync and not lag to much.

Sel
December 17th, 2007, 01:18 PM
which will be loud explosions.

Sound doesnt travel through a vaccum. :D

Hunter
December 17th, 2007, 02:52 PM
lol, good point, but it does in halo 2 when you go outside, but the sound changes a bit, And you can still here explosions sometimes on the halo games.

Con
December 17th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Even though it's unrealistic to hear sounds in space, everyone does it anyway because things in space sound awesome

i mean, you've got rocket ships and lazers and warp drives and stuff ~:awesome:>

Disaster
December 17th, 2007, 06:10 PM
lol its been a while since i posted anywork so im going to post some updates on that uzi i made a while back

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii256/echo216/uzigray-1.pngany suggestions?

Jay2645
December 17th, 2007, 06:12 PM
There are also no explosions in space, since fire requires air.

But I just think I found a flaw in the Discovery channel's logic on this one:
There were people IN the thing that blew up, correct? And if there were people, there was air. Since that air is now traveling through space, it should be fuel for an explosion.

So yes, there CAN be explosions in space. I think.

Botolf
December 17th, 2007, 06:15 PM
A ScifiFPS moment where the player is sucked into space suddenly and without warning would be godly, what with the the sheer unexpected nature of it. I'm hoping I'll get to pull such a scene off sometime, it'd be bloody awesome. :p

Higuy
December 17th, 2007, 06:16 PM
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/showbizfluffy/sunsettennsion.jpghttp://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/showbizfluffy/temple.jpghttp://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/showbizfluffy/Delta_temple4.jpghttp://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/showbizfluffy/shit.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/showbizfluffy/frozenfall.jpg

the first map in sapien is called "HGK tennsion"
The second pics are a map ive been workin on
the last 2 pics are some stuff me and a friend have been doing but havent lately:D

EDIT: WTF WIDE THEY GO TO SIDE!?

Jay2645
December 17th, 2007, 06:17 PM
A ScifiFPS moment where the player is sucked into space suddenly and without warning would be godly, what with the the sheer unexpected nature of it. I'm hoping I'll get to pull such a scene off sometime, it'd be bloody awesome. :p

*Hiss*
Player: Hey, wait... What's that hissing noise?
*Explosive Decompression*

CtrlAltDestroy
December 17th, 2007, 06:17 PM
There are also no explosions in space, since fire requires air.

But I just think I found a flaw in the Discovery channel's logic on this one:
There were people IN the thing that blew up, correct? And if there were people, there was air. Since that air is now traveling through space, it should be fuel for an explosion.

So yes, there CAN be explosions in space. I think.
Not all explosions involve combustion; nuclear explosions, for example.

E: And supernovas. :downs:

DrunkenSamus
December 17th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Atomic bombs just need a chain reaction to create hell.

Jay2645
Not all explosions involve combustion; nuclear explosions, for example.

E: And supernovas. :downs:
Blame the Discovery Channel.

That Bill Nye the Science Guy's a liar.

Botolf
*Hiss*
Player: Hey, wait... What's that hissing noise?
*Explosive Decompression*
I would kill for a game that did scifi stuff like that :smith:

Jay2645
December 17th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Remember kids, don't shoot Assault Rifles inside of airlocks.

Con
December 17th, 2007, 06:23 PM
the first map in sapien is called "HGK tennsion"
The second pics are a map ive been workin on
the last 2 pics are some stuff me and a friend have been doing but havent lately:D

EDIT: WTF WIDE THEY GO TO SIDE!?
Not much to see from the first map. Maybe post another pic? As the the other maps, they're really boring looking. Not fun at all.

Sever
December 17th, 2007, 06:34 PM
So, anyone besides jay (whom I have no knowledge of any weapon tag work by him - no offense, jay) going to answer my three questions (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=200704&postcount=2825)? I hate to be bringing it up again, but I just want multiple peoples' opinions on the subject.

PenGuin1362
December 17th, 2007, 06:40 PM

me and cad had devised a plan a long time ago to make a small POA themed map where there was a room and when a player entered it, someone on the outside could press a switch and lock the person inside the room. 10 seconds later they would be sucked into space and killed. unfortunately he never followed up on his part >_> lazy bitch.

So, anyone besides jay (whom I have no knowledge of any weapon tag work by him - no offense, jay) going to answer my three questions (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=200704&postcount=2825)? I hate to be bringing it up again, but I just want multiple peoples' opinions on the subject.

no

no

yes

Disaster
December 17th, 2007, 06:46 PM
any suggestions?
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii256/echo216/uzicool.png

Botolf
December 17th, 2007, 06:46 PM
me and cad had devised a plan a long time ago to make a small POA themed map where there was a room and when a player entered it, someone on the outside could press a switch and lock the person inside the room. 10 seconds later they would be sucked into space and killed. unfortunately he never followed up on his part >_> lazy bitch.
Interesting, but imagine such a scene as a part of a single-player campaign, and the player lives after the event somehow. Kewlmuffins ensue!

Sever
December 17th, 2007, 06:51 PM
So, the 'flashlight' key can't be set up to allow a dual-function weapon, but I can have a weapon that has a one-click fire, and two varying levels of overcharge shots? If this is correct, would it still be possible to make a group of weapons where you can only hold one weapon that still has a primary and secondary mode, but mode variance is controlled by the 'change weapon' key, ammo is taken from the same pool, and when picking up another weapon both are exchanged for a new weapon which also has a primary and secondary mode (the dropped weapon will always revert to primary mode when picked up again)?

Jay2645
December 17th, 2007, 07:12 PM
I understand, I did some weapon work a while back, but nothing recent, and I never (Intentionally, about 5 guns of mine got leaked and I never got any credit for them) released any.

Just for a quick overview of what weapons I HAVE made:
Spartan Laser (Leaked, UMT Swamp Grove has a old version of it with placeholder everything while I worked on the tags for it. I fixed the bug with it not firing where you aimed it a while back, by the way.)
H3 AR (Never went anywhere, was also leaked in UMT Swamp Grove. Only thing I still have of it is my old SP Campaign mods with it in there.)
Chaingun (Leaked in UMT Archive, everyone credits Donut for it [Rightfully so, he did the original model and tag work], but I made some secret modifications to it, and I re-tagged the whole thing to make it feel more like a chaingun.)
Radiation Launcher (Worst. Model. Ever. First attempt at modeling something, was also my first attempt at making something for Halo. Never finished)
Lightsaber (WIP, it goes with my AT-AT from a while back)
Noobinator (Don't Ask, don't tell. http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2842)
Every Weapon in my first map (Well, a mod, technically. http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2677)

So yeah, I HAVE had weapon experience, not anything major (Or released).

Jay2645
December 18th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Sorry about the double post, but I have something completely different. I've expanded on my ODST campaign idea, with some ideas from Huerosam and others stolen "borrowed" from this thread. No name for the campaign yet, though.
ODST Spec. Ops Squad Sigma-Omega-Pi (Alpha and Bravo Teams) SP Campaign

Timeline: Mid-Late Halo 2 to just before Halo 3.

ODST Overview: No shields, but boosted health. Health packs scattered around more often. No Spartans seen at all in campaign. Campaign starts with a squad of 15 ODST Spec. Ops, counting the player. Campaign ends with 2, counting the Player.

Spawn System: When you die, you do not go back to the last checkpoint. Instead, you are air-dropped from a Pelican over the last LZ you cleared. Similar system to Checkpoints, just looks different. Might disappear if scripts don't cooperate.

Missions:
Los Angeles:
Objectives:
1. Locate AI databank remnants. (Failed)
2. Locate AI fragments. (Accomplished)
3. Upload AI data. (Failed)
Covie Victory (Glassed).
Casualties: 1 ODST.

Chicago:
Objectives:
1. Rescue AI stored in databanks. (Accomplished)
2. Eliminate Covenant forces. Use of extreme force granted. (Accomplished)
3. Escape tactical nuke’s blast. (Accomplished)
Human Victory.
Damage: Outskirts intact. City eliminated by Tactical Nuke and Longsword Bombing run.

New York:
Objectives:
1. Save United Nations building. (Failed)
2. Protect President of the U.N. (Failed, President Assassinated)
Covie Victory (Glassed).
Casualties: 2 ODSTs.

Old Mombassa, Ruins:
Objectives:
1. Fend off Covenant forces until evac arrives. (Accomplished)
Human victory (Covenant Fall Back).
Casualties: 2 ODSTs, Master Chief captured.
Notes: The Battle from the “Believe” ads.

Sahara:
Objectives:
1. Destroy Covie camps for African assault in the desert. (Accomplished: Covie camps destroyed. Covie forces pursued to Cruiser Cascading Punishment.)
Human Victory.
Casualties: 2 ODSTs.

Covenant Loyalist Cruiser Cascading Punishment:
Objectives:
1. Rescue the Chief. (Accomplished: Chief escaped on his own and made it out on Seraph fighter.)
2. Capture/Destroy Cruiser. (Accomplished: Cruiser destroyed.)
Human Victory.
Casualties: 3 ODSTs.
Note: ODSTs are in an airlock at the end which is punctured by a Plasma Grenade, resulting in Explosive decompression. 4 are Rescued by UNSC Cruiser Forward Unto Dawn.

UNSC Shipyards:
Objectives:
1. Secure Shipyards. (Failed, Covies breach the hangar.)
2. Evac Personnel. (Accomplished, Personnel make it to UNSC New Mombassa base)
3. Eliminate Covenant Forces. (Failed, Shipyards destroyed.)
Covie victory (Shipyards destroyed).

New Mombassa, Ruins:
Objectives:
1. Find Sierra 117 landing site. (Accomplished: Sierra 117 found.)
2. Upload data from Bravo team‘s computer. (Accomplished: Data recovered)
3. Protect data from Covenant. (Accomplished: Data uploaded and destroyed)
Covie victory (Human forces retreat).
Notes: As seen in the Neil Blockamp shorts.

Leiukemia
December 18th, 2007, 01:02 AM
You should make your own topic for that Jay, this is a gallery.

Jay2645
December 18th, 2007, 01:33 AM
You should make your own topic for that Jay, this is a gallery.
I would, but I don't have any models to show.

Meh, whatever.
Back on topic, guys!

Tweek
December 18th, 2007, 03:19 AM
he can showcase his idea here, it's CE related.

Jay2645
December 18th, 2007, 05:28 PM
NOW someone tells me that, lol.

Apoc4lypse
December 18th, 2007, 05:44 PM

he can?

well I guess he can do what ever he wants, but the reason people click on this thread is because its a "gallery topic" to post your favorite work, or wip's...

I guess ideas can qualify as work/wips, but isn't this the reason we hate people making topics for them too, because its not considered a wip unless you actually did some work on it other than typing up small poorly written ideas.

idk... all I have to say is... :picsorstfu: because otherwise I doubt anyone will take the time or effort to read it, unless your a published author who's actually offering up a good idea. Otherwise your just some "random" who's throwing down ideas which are probably hard to understand or poorly presented, or just plain stupid.

What I just said applies to close to 90&#37; of the ideas I've ever seen on any CE modding forum, not to mention most of the time, the people posting them do not in fact posses the skills themselves to actually help bring their idea to life.

Am I being harsh? Yes, Is what I'm saying true? Sadly yes...

Trust me I'd love to see all the great ideas people have actually become reality, the fact is it just doesn't happen unless you yourself can run with the idea, or by some chance of luck you find someone willing to take your idea and make it which is rare, and most often the person who uses your idea will want to change it, and in the end he will do most of the work anyway. It doesn't matter if it was your idea or not really to begin with.

EDIT: heh, reminds me of some of the ideas I had back when I modded CE alot... odst spec ops stuff... truth is I don't have the drive to lead a project like that and my modding abilities aren't even strong enough, my main talent is making models, thats about it. Everything else I'm slow at, I might be able to do it, but it takes me forever.

Higuy
December 18th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Not much to see from the first map. Maybe post another pic? As the the other maps, they're really boring looking. Not fun at all.
ive not worked on them much, i had bases but i deleted them becuase at halomaps they flamed me for them:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/showbizfluffy/delta_temple6.jpg

Con
December 18th, 2007, 06:45 PM
ack, looks like a log-cabin gone wrong. From what I can see, any detail that you have is some extruded face. Keep practicing other modeling methods.

Huero
December 18th, 2007, 06:54 PM
You copied Ganon's tutorial for all three structures. Oh, and those don't look Forerunner at all; I suppose Ganon thought they did, but, they don't.

TeeKup
December 18th, 2007, 08:20 PM
ive not worked on them much, i had bases but i deleted them becuase at halomaps they flamed me for them:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/showbizfluffy/delta_temple6.jpg

Are you kidding me? Those look like structures from the first age of empires. How about you do something else besides extrude, resize, drag and bevel.

Higuy
December 18th, 2007, 11:03 PM
ya i just started over and im officialy plane modeling and dude... im not a very good modeler... youve prolly got better experince then me... :mad:

DaneO'Roo
December 19th, 2007, 12:45 AM
are you calling Teekup shit?

Leiukemia
December 19th, 2007, 01:21 AM
How dare he. Teekup is the shit, not just plain shit. He could kill you with his looks, I swear.

Llama Juice
December 19th, 2007, 07:32 AM
How dare he. Teekup is the shit, not just plain shit. He could kill you with his looks, I swear.

I've seen Teekup kill someone... with his mind.

Tweek
December 19th, 2007, 01:08 PM
then neuro revived him with neurostories, and WoL killed him again :|

Sever
December 19th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Actually, WoL didn't directly kill him, his following of WoLunists did. They're a fierce bunch to handle. Kinda like fast zombies. Better have your shotguns ready!

Tweek
December 19th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Actually, WoL didn't directly kill him, his following of WoLunists did. They're a fierce bunch to handle. Kinda like fast zombies. Better have your MACHINE-shot-guns ready!
ftfy

Sever
December 19th, 2007, 01:29 PM
That was obviously implied when I said fast zombies. Who the hell in their right mind uses a pump-shotgun for fast zombies? I myself use a fully automatic shotgun with a rate of fire of 240 rounds per minute. That'll keep the WoLunists at bay! Damn this backpack of ammo is heavy.

Llama Juice
December 19th, 2007, 01:58 PM
soo.... WIPs eh?

.... I got nuffin

(This is an effort to get things back on topic)

Roostervier
December 19th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Back on topic you say?

What's this? New flamer! :D

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9779/wipflamerhu3.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4930/wipflamer3fv7.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/954/wipflamer2nr7.jpg

Yes, this was heavily influenced by the H2 Beta (or Alpha? :X) flamethrower.

As of now it is "finished." If anyone spots anything wrong, let me know so I can fix it right away.

Sel
December 19th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Looks pretty cool, kinda boring handles though.

Rob Oplawar
December 19th, 2007, 07:54 PM
oh, it's done? hmmm... idk, somehow it just looks like something is missing... can't put my finger on it... maybe once it's skinned it'll look more finished.

Tarzan
December 19th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Mmm.... maybe hexagonal structural tubing instead of cubical?

Sever
December 19th, 2007, 08:11 PM
The original was quad, not hex. Interesting suggestion, though.

Roostervier
December 19th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Tbh, hexagonal would be a waste of polys when it looks fine (and not to mention like the others) the way it is.

Tweek
December 20th, 2007, 05:25 AM
fukin ace!

looks amazing man, great model.

Llama Juice
December 20th, 2007, 04:45 PM
interesting.... I don't ike the handle (the one more near the player's body) because it's shaped like a normal rifle's butt of the gun, but... you aren't going to be putting that against your shoulder.

Con
December 21st, 2007, 12:59 AM
I've been working on the map a bit. Yeah, I know there's gross spots, and that the entire right half of the image hasn't been touched past blocking out the shape.

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5707/mapgk2.png

edit: another angle
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2807/mapfr0.png

Sever
December 21st, 2007, 01:26 AM
Not looking bad at all. Even though not much that you've created has even had the chance of being poor quality. From the looks of it, you've got some interesting infantry and vehicle interaction being set up. Keep at it!

Also, a quick question to anyone out there: The flat trees and grass found at the edge of maps and underfoot - how many items of that type can I have in a map before it becomes detrimental to framerate? I want to create a medium-sized field (on an infantry-only map) of high grass using these types of items.

Tweek
December 21st, 2007, 04:38 AM
well use common sense, place 5000 and itll drop your fps.

also keep in mind the # of polies in those scenery objects.
stuff stacks up REALLY fast.

there's no set number. but the more stuff is visible at one time, the more it hurts. so having 1 big open arena would inherently slow down more than a U-shaped level for example, because it wont draw everything at once. (if you were to place the same # of scenery etc in them)

Sever
December 21st, 2007, 11:08 AM
I want them to be flat surfaces that will face the viewer at all times, such that strafing sideways will produce the effect of the grass waving in the wind (kind of...). Is that possible?

JinTechk
December 21st, 2007, 11:19 AM
looks nice conscar + rep

meepster
December 21st, 2007, 03:58 PM
[color]Hunter has requested me to posy this for him[/color=red]
Here is my lastist W.I.P and some other pictures;

Halo 3 Spiker

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/Render2-3.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/Render3-3.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/render4-2.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/render5-2.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/ClayRender1.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/ClayRender2.png

Halo 3 Magnum Clay Renders

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/ClayRender1-1.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/ClayRender2-1.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/ClayRender3.png

Halo 3 Longsword Clay Renders

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/ClayRender1-2.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/ClayRender2-2.png

Jay2645
December 21st, 2007, 04:54 PM
Well, still no light source (Too lazy to set it up ATM, lol), but here's my AT-AT. Current poly count stands at 28,443 polys, with a detailed interior and before poly reduction. I need to finish the rear of the head, then it's minor details, poly reduction, smoothing, and finally skinning.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa115/Jay2645/AT-AT-1.jpg
I think you can tell what it is.

il Duce Primo
December 21st, 2007, 05:01 PM
the detail level doesn't seem balenced.

LlamaMaster
December 21st, 2007, 05:16 PM
Is this going to go in game? If so, 30,000 polys seems to high. If not, make it higher poly to get it smoother.

Jay2645
December 21st, 2007, 07:14 PM
Is this going to go in game? If so, 30,000 polys seems to high. If not, make it higher poly to get it smoother.
I'm pretty sure the limit is around 25,000, but it may be closer to 40,000.

Tool likes it at the moment, so I think the poly count is about right.

TeeKup
December 21st, 2007, 07:58 PM
I'm pretty sure the limit is around 25,000, but it may be closer to 40,000.

Tool likes it at the moment, so I think the poly count is about right.

Good luck getting a quadrupedal mech to function properly in Halo CE. In case you didn't know, In Halo CE, the legs cannot detect the ground individually. Halo 3 we've seen it happen with the spartans and the elites legs.

Physics are going to be a pain in the ass, plain and simple.

Jay2645
December 22nd, 2007, 12:08 AM
Good luck getting a quadrupedal mech to function properly in Halo CE. In case you didn't know, In Halo CE, the legs cannot detect the ground individually. Halo 3 we've seen it happen with the spartans and the elites legs.

Physics are going to be a pain in the ass, plain and simple.
I seem to remember that the Mythos has 4 legs, and it works fine. The environment you'll be seeing this thing in is relatively flat, there is some hills, but the AT-AT should be able to handle them with no trouble.

The Empire will have the better vehicles, but their LZ has scarce weapons. The Rebels have a heavily fortified base with many weapons, entrances and exits, but the only vehicles they have would be some Snowspeeders. They also have some heavy Anti-Armor turrets, but anyone in them is a sitting duck to an AT-AT.

CtrlAltDestroy
December 22nd, 2007, 12:39 AM
Yeah, the mythos doesn't actually lift its legs either...

ExAm
December 22nd, 2007, 04:03 AM
It's basically just a big car with four invisible "wheels" and a walking animation.

Llama Juice
December 22nd, 2007, 04:15 AM
Here's an animation I did for my 3D Foundations class

ac52e5IRT2w
I threw that long dead end on it because the first time I uploaded it Youtube cut off half the video.

It was a group project and the poly limits were pretty strict. 300-500 per prop... 300-500 per character... 1000-2000 for the environment and less than 30K in the whole scene.

We had 29,910 quads in our environment.

Yea, my first animation. Woo.....

SMASH
December 22nd, 2007, 10:33 AM
I really liked that llama, pretty cool. Though, if I may comment on 1 thing, the guy probably would've fell faster than he did.

My turn :).

This is my first biped of any type, and I took references from an N64 game. Any guess what game?

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1479/renderyf2.png

Disaster
December 22nd, 2007, 10:42 AM
i cant think of the N64 game..hmm..but it does look like a teddy bear from teh game conker: live and reloaded

lol could use facial details though

oh yeah arms and feet too

OmegaDragon
December 22nd, 2007, 10:43 AM
Uuum... Conker?

E:

i cant think of the N64 game..hmm..but it does look like a teddy bear from teh game conker: live and reloaded

lol could use facial details though

oh yeah arms and feet too

Conker had an N64 game. Conker:Bad Fur Day ([QUOTE=disaster;202020]i cant think of the N64 game..hmm..but it does look like a teddy bear from teh game conker: live and reloaded)

Disaster
December 22nd, 2007, 10:47 AM
ooh it did..i didnt know that..well i dont have a n64 so i wouldnt know..anyways..conker?

SMASH
December 22nd, 2007, 11:02 AM
Yea, I'm gonna attempt a full conversion of conker (but just the teddy's cause their the coolest) in my free time.

Disaster
December 22nd, 2007, 11:08 AM
ooh..hope it turns out well..anyways since your going to attempt it and the game is so fun +rep

zachpl
December 22nd, 2007, 11:35 AM
Hunter requested me to post the following for him
I have more or less finnished my Spiker (The modeling part i mean), here are some screenshots:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/ClayRender3-1.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/ClayRender4.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/ClayRender5.png

And here are two pictures with both of my weapons that i have made so far:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/WeaponStore.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/WeaponStore2.png

Tweek
December 22nd, 2007, 11:57 AM
Hunter requested me to post the following for him
I have more or less finnished my Spiker (The modeling part i mean), here are some screenshots:

no spoilers here lul

And here are two pictures with both of my weapons that i have made so far:

lul, wut?

hunter is banned for a reason.
if he needs to post his stuff here, he can wait untill he's out of detention.

Disaster
December 22nd, 2007, 12:07 PM
ok this is a tire model i whipped up in about 20 minutes suggestions

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii256/echo216/tire.png

Con
December 22nd, 2007, 12:09 PM
Needs an actual rim, and the tire should be a bit thicker, then curve it in towards a the rim. Maybe a bit wider too.

edit: Don't post that in the CE gallery. We have an offtopic gallery for that stuff.

edit 2: Base modified to be equipped with a teleporter rather than man-cannons:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1856/captureil5.jpg

Disaster
December 22nd, 2007, 12:10 PM
yeah..i just placed the rim in there for rendering purposes and so it wasnt empty.but i will make an actual rim.

Tweek
December 22nd, 2007, 02:27 PM
hah disaster, i know which tutorial you used for that :P

Disaster
December 22nd, 2007, 02:29 PM
new pic

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii256/echo216/tire2.png

SnaFuBAR
December 22nd, 2007, 02:47 PM
post that in the off-topic gallery. it has nothing to do with CE.

Disaster
December 22nd, 2007, 02:58 PM
k i did..i didnt know there was an offtopic..well i do now

Jay2645
December 22nd, 2007, 03:16 PM
It's basically just a big car with four invisible "wheels" and a walking animation.
That's what I was going for. Invisible wheels, and it LOOKS like it's walking.

Of course, then there's the problem with getting splattered by absolutely nothing, but...

Con
December 22nd, 2007, 04:07 PM
update:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/847/capture1jn2.jpg

Ki11a_FTW
December 22nd, 2007, 05:17 PM
i like it, except the cliff on the left needs more polys then that

Kalub
December 22nd, 2007, 05:33 PM
I award you:

Captain Obvious
(Rank 2)

Now go about your business stating the obvious for upgrades....

Con
December 22nd, 2007, 06:03 PM
no shit

PlasbianX
December 22nd, 2007, 09:47 PM

http://somecallmeduh.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/captainobvious.jpg

Disaster
December 22nd, 2007, 10:07 PM
lol i like it good work..however i still dont see where you going with this ..hmm..maybe i will see eventually

DaneO'Roo
December 23rd, 2007, 04:10 AM
Would you be interested in texturing the Halo 3 content that i am modeling?

And also could you reply to the this post so that other people will start replying.

http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showth...=1677&page=290 (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1677&page=290)

(Bottom Post)
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/h2vista_v2/buttons/forward.gif (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/private.php?do=newpm&forward=1&pmid=18283)

What a shitgay.

DaneO'Roo
December 23rd, 2007, 04:37 AM
double post

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/6519/bucketcatlr9.jpg

Just made that, 5 minutes.

t3h m00kz
December 23rd, 2007, 05:25 AM
First month of modding:

Low quality/streaming (Youtube)
3A92sc90sRI

Medium quality/download (Mythica)
http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/m00km0dz.wmv.html (http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/m00km0dz.wmv.html)

PlasbianX
December 23rd, 2007, 08:34 AM
First month of modding:

Low quality/streaming (Youtube)
3A92sc90sRI

Medium quality/download (Mythica)
http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/m00km0dz.wmv.html (http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/m00km0dz.wmv.html)

Looks cool but your shock combo seems odd. When you showed the third person views, it looked like when the combo is made, the first shot you fired still flies foward instead of being destroyed in the explosion.

Ki11a_FTW
December 23rd, 2007, 09:47 AM
http://somecallmeduh.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/captainobvious.jpg

:awesome:

Con
December 23rd, 2007, 10:57 AM
edit: another update

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4544/96049222zi3.jpg

t3h m00kz
December 23rd, 2007, 04:13 PM
Looks cool but your shock combo seems odd. When you showed the third person views, it looked like when the combo is made, the first shot you fired still flies foward instead of being destroyed in the explosion.

It does. The projectile still flies; I don't know how to get it to disappear.. I set it to die but when it does it keeps flying. Unless there's an effect to make it dissapear, I don't know what to do ;o

Fuckin' sweet dude

fatso784
December 23rd, 2007, 04:40 PM
It's so awesome it doesn't need clayrendering :awesome:

CtrlAltDestroy
December 23rd, 2007, 05:27 PM
why the hell would use use clay rendering for a level model in the first place

TPE
December 23rd, 2007, 05:28 PM
And he gets .3 FPS :D

@Muki Hyena that shock rifle is EPIC.

t3h m00kz
December 23rd, 2007, 06:08 PM
@Muki Hyena that shock rifle is EPIC.

:D

Tweek
December 23rd, 2007, 06:10 PM

o those cliffs at the bottom of the pic need more polies like that.:eyesroll:

Con
December 23rd, 2007, 06:23 PM
And he gets .3 FPS :D

it just does that sometimes for some reason when the camera ain't moving. It's usually around 7.5 fps when working in component mode (verts etc), and 60 fps when not editing anything.

Jay2645
December 23rd, 2007, 07:47 PM
I made a bridge!
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa115/Jay2645/bridge.jpg
Well, now to destroy it and make it ruined.

Also, the current status of my AT-AT, sexified and with a size comparison.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa115/Jay2645/at-at-2.jpg

Roostervier
December 23rd, 2007, 08:34 PM
o those cliffs at the bottom of the pic need more polies like that.:eyesroll:Fuck, I can't rep you again so soon. D:

Jay2645
December 23rd, 2007, 10:08 PM
3 hours of tweaking:
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa115/Jay2645/at-at-3.jpg

LlamaMaster
December 23rd, 2007, 10:27 PM
Looks good to me. :) I wouldn't really know if anything is wrong with it though.

Corndogman
December 23rd, 2007, 10:34 PM
makes me wanna fly around it with a long rope and tie up its legs. nice work jay.

Jay2645
December 23rd, 2007, 10:58 PM
Yeah, now I'm having tool problems, lol. Time to reduce some polygon counts. If I have to, I'll get rid of the neck's "Rings", but I like those.

EDIT: Got rid of 8 circles and it reduced the count by 10,000 triangles. Tool likes it again, now I need to smooth and texture it.
For those who are curious, they were the 4 where the poles at the bottom meet the legs, and the 4 on the knee joints. The ones on the joints could be faked with bitmaps, and the ones on the feet, well, I could fudge it and be slightly inaccurate to get the model ingame in the first place.

p0lar_bear
December 24th, 2007, 02:39 AM
Before anyone posts asking where all the posts went, I deleted them because they went horribly off-topic.

"Lave of Wag" was Boba, I changed it one day as a joke and forgot to change it back. I've fixed that now.

As for the thread title, that's back to normal as well. I honestly don't know who changed it.

Leiukemia
December 24th, 2007, 03:19 AM
Yeah, now I'm having tool problems, lol. Time to reduce some polygon counts. If I have to, I'll get rid of the neck's "Rings", but I like those.

EDIT: Got rid of 8 circles and it reduced the count by 10,000 triangles. Tool likes it again, now I need to smooth and texture it.
For those who are curious, they were the 4 where the poles at the bottom meet the legs, and the 4 on the knee joints. The ones on the joints could be faked with bitmaps, and the ones on the feet, well, I could fudge it and be slightly inaccurate to get the model ingame in the first place.

If you send that to me I could probably cut some triangles off it for you, and in doing so you may learn a few things. Won't get done right away cause I have other work to finish up, but it'll get done.

Jay2645
December 24th, 2007, 01:10 PM
If you send that to me I could probably cut some triangles off it for you, and in doing so you may learn a few things. Won't get done right away cause I have other work to finish up, but it'll get done.
The triangle count is fine, I fixed it myself.

Ki11a_FTW
December 24th, 2007, 01:25 PM
heres something ive been working one for the past few days

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZWhpsHZneII
(http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=ZWhpsHZneII&rel=1&eurl=&iurl=http&#37;3A//img.youtube.com/vi/ZWhpsHZneII/default.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskJaCjnlISuWEQf3If6HYTxp)

fatso784
December 24th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Wow Jay you've really improved!! Although I'm still a little suspicious.. I think I can go ahead and say "Jay is making a Hoth map?!"

There I said it.

ExAm
December 24th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Needs work, but you've got something there.

teh lag
December 24th, 2007, 03:15 PM
K.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2497/00018eh5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/2747/00017ck2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

And one without the helmet and with different lower arms :

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4629/00019le8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I'm still not too happy with how the feet turned out, so I'll definately be refining them. I'll also be making some more armor permutations for the helmet and upper arms.

Edit : (crappily rendered) Wireframe.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7019/00020nm5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Roostervier
December 24th, 2007, 03:16 PM
You and your crazy permutations. :awesome:

Also, awesome job on the base model.

Masterz1337
December 24th, 2007, 04:05 PM
I heart.

Bastinka
December 24th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Is it me or are the feet a bit large?

TeeKup
December 24th, 2007, 04:22 PM
God awesome elite.

Nimverus
December 24th, 2007, 04:45 PM
K.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2497/00018eh5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/2747/00017ck2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

And one without the helmet and with different lower arms :

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4629/00019le8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I'm still not too happy with how the feet turned out, so I'll definately be refining them. I'll also be making some more armor permutations for the helmet and upper arms.

Thats pretty fuckin cool Awsome work lag

DaneO'Roo
December 24th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Is it me or are the feet a bit large?

Nope.

Llama Juice
December 24th, 2007, 05:16 PM
For seriouslyness? Those feet look epicly huge. Like... if he stepped on anyone's toes that person would be a very unhappy camper.

Kalub
December 24th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Reminds me of this porno I once saw...

Anyways, it looks good :D

FRain
December 24th, 2007, 05:39 PM
heres something ive been working one for the past few days

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZWhpsHZneII
(http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=ZWhpsHZneII&rel=1&eurl=&iurl=http%3A//img.youtube.com/vi/ZWhpsHZneII/default.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskJaCjnlISuWEQf3If6HYTxp)

Meh.

Wayy too smooth.

jahrain
December 24th, 2007, 05:47 PM
This map design was going to be a halo map but meh. It works out allot better as a cp tf2 map. (my first source map)

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/hl22007-12-2413-29-50-64.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/hl22007-12-2413-34-02-17.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/hl22007-12-2413-34-51-26.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/hl22007-12-2413-35-06-17.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/jahrain00/hl22007-12-2413-37-11-42.jpg

Con
December 24th, 2007, 06:04 PM
That looks awesome jahrain, nice work

jahrain
December 24th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Thanks, but its no where close to some other maps I have seen by the tf2 mapping community. Hammer is just such a bitch to use. I liked modeling my maps in maya. Block brush modeling just makes things look... blocky.

The map is almost ready for beta, I just need to add in the control point tags, erm... i mean "entities". Anyone wanna join in on the beta? If you don't have tf2, now is the best time to buy it. Steam is giving games on steam up to a 50&#37; discount until December 31st.

TeeKup
December 24th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Jah you are awesome.

Skyline
December 24th, 2007, 06:48 PM
I just got the orange box a few days ago; I can beta if you want. Also nice job on the map, looks awesome.

Jay2645
December 24th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Jah you are awesome.
For a couple seconds, I thought that was a typo.
But it isn't. =(

Anyway, looks nice, though shouldn't it be in the off-topic section now?

Wow Jay you've really improved!! Although I'm still a little suspicious.. I think I can go ahead and say "Jay is making a Hoth map?!"

There I said it.
Well, as of right now, there's not too much Hoth, just a bunch of AT-ATs and an unfinished Snowspeeder.
I should be able to get some renders of the Speeder on the 26th, I'm out of town for Christmas.

FRain
December 24th, 2007, 07:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnx7V904vEI

But this time, I'm not /threadding.

wnx7V904vEI

Bugs to fix:

1 - No bolt on fire

2 - Melee needs a shitload of work

3 - Bad thumb/finger placement on reload

Jay2645
December 24th, 2007, 07:17 PM

wnx7V904vEI

Bugs to fix:

1 - No bolt on fire

3 - Bad thumb/finger placement on reload

The fire doesn't sound powerful enough for the recoil you have on there. Either find a sound with a bit more "Oomph", or reduce your recoil, preferably the former.

FRain
December 24th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I was too lazy to get its real sound from h1, so I just threw in a shitload of CS sounds.

Con
December 24th, 2007, 07:25 PM
It's kinda awkward how he reloads it from that side

FRain
December 24th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Tbh, I haven't seen many people do right hand reloads before, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Archon23
December 24th, 2007, 07:33 PM
It doesn't feel too uncomfortable if you do it out. Though it is a bit weird since you normally wouldn't do that.

ExAm
December 24th, 2007, 09:08 PM

wnx7V904vEI

Bugs to fix:

1 - No bolt on fire

3 - Bad thumb/finger placement on reloadVery nice, and a giant leap past your previous works. It needs minor, minor adjustments, but it's pretty awesome besides that.

TeeKup
December 24th, 2007, 09:09 PM
You're getting much better.

However, I would like to see his fingers have more movement and a more natural position, his thumb looked awkward. His grenade hand, make it so it looks like he's holding an actual grenade, right now it looks like his hand is just flat and waving to someone. I actually like the concept behind your reload, I say keep it. As for the melee, just speed it up a bit and it will look fine.

SnaFuBAR
December 24th, 2007, 11:48 PM
guns don't recoil like that.

JDMFSeanP
December 25th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Your reload click back in is completely off BTW.

p0lar_bear
December 25th, 2007, 05:31 AM
Grenade throw is too fast. There needs to be more time between when you draw back the gun and when the throw actually happens; as if he's going for a grenade on his belt.

teh lag
December 25th, 2007, 10:00 AM
- Melee doesn't seem powerful at all, and the part returning to the normal pose looks really odd.

- Recoil is just not right.

- On the reload, it looks like the left hand's fingers go a bit weird at the end.

- Reload itsself seems a bit "soft," though that's just a style thing I suppose.

-Nade throw, like p0lar said, needs some time before the hand comes down and "throws."

And now, time to whore my elites. I'm still not overly happy with the feet. Suggestions on how to make them better, anyone D:?

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7828/00021if5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Also, heretics-ish. The torso lights looked better in 3ds than they do in this render :(.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/892/00022zc7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Xegrot
December 25th, 2007, 10:22 AM
And now, time to whore my elites. I'm still not overly happy with the feet. Suggestions on how to make them better, anyone D:?

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Elites_%28Sangheili%29 (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Elites_&#37;28Sangheili%29)

If you use this link, scroll down to Rank Structure and keep going until you find Elite Ultra and Elite Major. From what I see, if you're going for the Halo 3 look, the feet aren't as fat as I see them in your model, and the space between the toes is bigger. Think of the Halo 2 feet, only they stand on their entire foot and not on their toes. I'm also guessing that ball on their heels is used for balance.

EDIT: I didn't mean they stand on their toes, it just looked like it at first. They do stand on their entire foot in H2, but the H3 feet are flatter.

In the Elite Major picture, look at his right foot (The one that's pointed at the screen) and you'll see what I mean.

Thats my two cents. Merry Christmas.

Sever
December 25th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Needz moar R'tas 'Vadum. I hate how whoever makes the Halo action figures canceled his model, just because he would've been "just another elite". I would've bought it...

Anyways, less armor on the feet. Show some more hoof.

Jay2645
December 25th, 2007, 04:07 PM
- Melee doesn't seem powerful at all, and the part returning to the normal pose looks really odd.

- Recoil is just not right.

- On the reload, it looks like the left hand's fingers go a bit weird at the end.

- Reload itsself seems a bit "soft," though that's just a style thing I suppose.

-Nade throw, like p0lar said, needs some time before the hand comes down and "throws."

He's leaning over a little bit too much, he needs to stand straighter for the next render. Also, the feet are still too big.

Also, heretics-ish. The torso lights looked better in 3ds than they do in this render :(.

The cylinders on the shoulder either to be smaller and with more detail, or they need to go. His face makes him look like the retard of the Elite ranks. And his feet look like they would connect to a Lego Block.

But other then that, nice models.

Roostervier
December 25th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Um Jay, those models aren't rigged... he can't make him stand any straighter, that's how it was modeled. Also, I like them lag, but the heretic's eye should be all black (when skinned) tbh.

Jay2645
December 25th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Um Jay, those models aren't rigged... he can't make him stand any straighter, that's how it was modeled. Also, I like them lag, but the heretic's eye should be all black (when skinned) tbh.
I assumed they were pretty much ready to go, they looked it.

Masterz1337
December 25th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Don't assume then.

FRain
December 25th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Don't be a little shithead, Masterz.

I was actually thinking they were already rigged too.

Bluefire
December 25th, 2007, 09:17 PM
aren't elites normally bend over even slightly?

yeah feet are abit "fat" and needs space between the hoves/toes
they just look mor elike shoes to me for some reason

t3h m00kz
December 25th, 2007, 10:03 PM

OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT IS SEX +REP D:

Seriously though I fucking love the elites; one thing about Halo that I'll never forget.

The blarg honks.

EDIT: Also I've got some reference of Elite feet on the other computer, when I get home I'll send you a few reference pictures

Also, where's the crotch piece? ... actually on second thought you can leave those off LOL

hunterX
December 25th, 2007, 10:17 PM
dude those are awesome! but yeah work on the feet a little.

HDoan
December 26th, 2007, 04:35 PM
He's leaning over a little bit too much, he needs to stand straighter for the next render. Also, the feet are still too big.
Well you know what they say about people with big feet right?
Big penis

Also the Elites are getting there, I like the helmet on the first one a lot.

Mass
December 26th, 2007, 04:44 PM

They wear large shoes?

Nice looking elites, but mb you should just rip the H1 elite's foot and put it on if you're having so much trouble.

Jay2645
December 26th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Well, here is the final version of the AT-AT, unless someone has any suggestions.
It is also the first showing (However tiny they may be at the moment) of my Snowspeeder.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa115/Jay2645/AT-AT-Attack.gif

Disaster
December 26th, 2007, 04:49 PM
nice work jay..however i think the body could use more pollies because the rest of the model has highpolly except for the body..well i like it anyways nice work

Tweek
December 26th, 2007, 04:54 PM
so you're saying.. "youre already ovr the limit, the rest doesnt matter anymore now"

don't want to see you on the highway tbh.

Jay2645
December 26th, 2007, 04:58 PM
so you're saying.. "youre already ovr the limit, the rest doesnt matter anymore now"

don't want to see you on the highway tbh.
Actually, Tool is fine with the current model. I'm reluctant to add any more polies to it, but that's just a battle scene I put together to make it look nice. There are 2 different models in there, the Snowspeeder and the AT-AT. Each will be exported separately in different max files.

Disaster
December 26th, 2007, 04:58 PM
no im saying it looks good but the body could use improvement

Con
December 26th, 2007, 06:22 PM
neck looks too high poly, just skin that detail on.

PlasbianX
December 26th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Big penis

Also the Elites are getting there, I like the helmet on the first one a lot.

Thats bullshit. I wear a size 13 shoe...

Con
December 26th, 2007, 07:01 PM
goin' with a big ass wall at the side of the map. You'll be able to climb up and reach a sniper at the top of that lattice-like cliff reinforcement.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4629/renderai4.png

Kalub
December 26th, 2007, 07:06 PM
stfu newb

oh, and you need more polies on that wall

Timo
December 26th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Looking awesome, Conscars ;-D Are you going to have a river flowing through it still?

Con
December 26th, 2007, 07:17 PM
no rivers

Reaper Man
December 26th, 2007, 07:29 PM
no rivers
D:, Why not?

Xegrot
December 26th, 2007, 07:56 PM

Where would it exit? I mean, Timberland has that funky, tiny tunnel where the water flows out, but Conscar's map is a canyon.

Con
December 26th, 2007, 08:40 PM
it doesn't really fit in anywhere

ExAm
December 26th, 2007, 09:29 PM
nice work jay..however i think the body could use more pollies because the rest of the model has highpolly except for the body..well i like it anyways nice workSo, you're saying that the original AT-AT walker design isn't good enough? That's just how it looks, not bad poly distribution. Deal with it.

Mass
December 26th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I don't like the crossing beams on the wall Con, it should have panels or something that draws the eye upward, I think those beams are not too forerunner and don't convey what I think you want artistically.

Try looking at the wall in The Ark if you don't want to copy Valhalla's wall.

btw, I like the layout and top of the wall a lot.

Con
December 27th, 2007, 01:24 AM
The beams aren't forerunner? :X

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1715/16904381fullvo4.jpg

Sever
December 27th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Even though that was actually in the game, I wouldn't consider it to be Forerunner architecture - at least not for where you are using it. The screenshot depicts internal Forerunner structural supports, whereas your map is employing an exterior wall. Exterior Forerunner areas are usually more monolithic and massive, like the top section of your cliff-wall. Continue that style throughout the region, or even start fresh and try to emulate the base structures in the wall.

Tweek
December 27th, 2007, 03:14 AM
The beams aren't forerunner? :X

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1715/16904381fullvo4.jpg

hey where's that from, i've ever seen that.

Timo
December 27th, 2007, 03:51 AM
The massive hole beside the control room on Halo 3, iirc.

DaneO'Roo
December 27th, 2007, 04:27 AM
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/9316/snowcapprogressko3.jpg

Skinning Mass's map, goign to finish it for New Years eve. Been doing it for almost 2 days now, pushing myself hard on this one. Just cause I haven't actually had a map released in CE with all my textures painted, and I might not ever get the chance again. The map has good nice forerunner modeling, but nice and simple and easy enough to unwrap and paint for quickly. Plus I really like the layout and the architecture.