PDA

View Full Version : Bruno :(

Masterz1337
July 10th, 2009, 02:30 AM
Saw it, and what a disapointment. Pretty much everyone at the midnight showing was let down. An hour and 20 minute long dick joke. It had it's funny moments, but not the Borat killer I was hoping it to be. Best save this one for DVD guys.

n00b1n8R
July 10th, 2009, 02:33 AM
I didn't even know it existed sooo vOv

Atty
July 10th, 2009, 02:34 AM
I'm guessing all the best parts were in the trailers?

H4X0R
July 10th, 2009, 02:35 AM
well that sucks. still gonna watch it anyways

Roostervier
July 10th, 2009, 02:54 AM
wasnt ever gonna watch it, looks retarded and really looks nothing like borat

Bodzilla
July 10th, 2009, 05:36 AM
of course it was an hour and a half of dick jokes.

It's all that guy ever does >_<
Ali G, Borat and this guy SAME FUCKING HUMOR EVERY FUCKING TIME.

i swear to god he doesnt even know what a pun is.

StankBacon
July 10th, 2009, 10:01 AM
wait, people actually think this guy is funny?

ugh.

ODX
July 10th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I'm guessing all the best parts were in the trailers?If you even thought those were 'best parts,' then I would think so.

flibitijibibo
July 10th, 2009, 10:44 AM
I knew it would suck when I noticed that it wasn't about cultural differences and more about homophobia, which I can just refer to parts of my own family for entertainment.

kid908
July 10th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Gah bad memories! Might watch it, might not. I'll see how this thread goes on and make my decission. Just answer this. does it have 2 naked guys fighting? if not, thank god! If it does...than I'll prob. not watch it. Disturbing enough the first time.

Limited
July 10th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Was gonna see it with my sister today (Didnt want to, buy she invited me) but I had work.

Film didnt looking amazing, Borat was just an hour and a half long cringe-fest.

Ali-G was the shit his tv show and film was fantastic. The new stuff just isnt funny.

MastaCheefa
July 10th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Ali-G was the shit his tv show and film was fantastic. The new stuff just isnt funny.

Theres an Ali-G film?! Ive checked into this a few times thinking there had to be one but never found anything. Can you help me out? :worship:

JunkfoodMan
July 10th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Theres an Ali-G film?! Ive checked into this a few times thinking there had to be one but never found anything. Can you help me out? :worship:

Ali G indahouse

TVTyrant
July 10th, 2009, 04:56 PM

ugh.
This post.

ultama121
July 10th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Borat was really good. Sad to see this sucking. :<

Alwin Roth
July 10th, 2009, 07:27 PM
2006 was the year everyone thought they were funny saying lines from borat.

2009 bruno comes out and the whole neighborhood kids are saying stupid lines from that movie again -_-

flibitijibibo
July 10th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Do the kids even know that his character was a gay Paris Hilton?

Record videos of it, and haunt them with it when they're old enough to be humiliated by it.

Alwin Roth
July 10th, 2009, 07:33 PM
OMFG your a genius.

kid908
July 10th, 2009, 07:34 PM
^
Agreed

Xetsuei
July 10th, 2009, 07:41 PM
It's all that guy ever does >_<
Ali G, Borat and this guy SAME FUCKING HUMOR EVERY FUCKING TIME.

i swear to god he doesnt even know what a pun is.

You think slackerz is funny, and you don't think Borat is funny.

Good lord what's wrong with you.

Terry
July 10th, 2009, 07:54 PM
I found Ali G and Borat to be pretty funny but I never really got Bruno. He just makes gay-jokes which aren't even really that funny.

Dotkito92
July 10th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Not even gonna come near any theater that screens a gay movie...I don't want my friends to think that I'm gay, watching shit like Bruno.

Good_Apollo
July 10th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Not even gonna come near any theater that screens a gay movie...I don't want my friends to think that I'm gay, watching shit like Bruno.Is this guy serious? :raise:

Bodzilla
July 10th, 2009, 08:19 PM
You think slackerz is funny, and you don't think Borat is funny.

Good lord what's wrong with you.
slackerz is outrageous humor, it's not ment to be devine examples of wit and puns.
It's like southpark and the whole "i made you eat your parents" thing with cartman.
that made me roll on the floor for like 10 minutes uncontrollably laughing.

Borat, Ali G, Bruno it's all just dick jokes and i got over that shit 15 years ago.

kid908
July 10th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Not even gonna come near any theater that screens a gay movie...I don't want my friends to think that I'm gay, watching shit like Bruno.

are you serious?:lie:Homophobic alert!

Mr Buckshot
July 10th, 2009, 08:23 PM
are you serious?:lie:Homophobic alert!

Nah he's a closeted gay :P Isn't that right, robert graham?

Back on topic: I saw the trailer for this while watching Public Enemies. I'm not really a fan of crude vulgar type of humor but I might check out this movie when it comes to DVD. I saw Borat on DVD and it was all right, but could've done with less crudeness (I'm not saying that it was all bad, but it wouldn't hurt to cut down on some of it).

Xetsuei
July 10th, 2009, 08:30 PM
slackerz is outrageous humor, it's not ment to be devine examples of wit and puns.
It's like southpark and the whole "i made you eat your parents" thing with cartman.
that made me roll on the floor for like 10 minutes uncontrollably laughing.

Borat, Ali G, Bruno it's all just dick jokes and i got over that shit 15 years ago.

http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-psyduck.gif

You've never even watched Ali G or Borat have you. It sounds like your basing all of your information from what you see in the commercials.

E: And no, slackerz is still awful.

Jean-Luc
July 10th, 2009, 08:34 PM
I don't mind Sacha Baron Cohen, and I generally find Borat/Ali G/Bruno entertaining. The only issue I have, and it was definitely present in Borat and I presume it's in this one, is that he's like Will Ferrell*. It's the same, unchanging humor throughout the movie, and from film to film, which tends to get a bit grating after a while. His jokes are fine and all, but hearing the same tired "hai I am a borat" for 90 minutes wore thin after a while.

*In reference to the stream of movies: Talladega Nights, Blades of Glory, Semi-Pro, and to a lesser extent, Step Brothers.

Bodzilla
July 10th, 2009, 09:16 PM
http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-psyduck.gif

You've never even watched Ali G or Borat have you. It sounds like your basing all of your information from what you see in the commercials.

yes i have seen them.

all that shit about jews is just fucking stupid.
my boss is obsessed with those kind of jokes, and it's the furthermost thing from intelligence in humor as you can get.
you can feel your IQ slipping as "jokes" with no thought involved get delivered on top of each other continuously.

what about him buying the cheese in the supermarket in borat, because that didnt get old after the first 5 seconds.

He's a hack of a comedian that appeals to stupid people that think a g-strings on a man, a butt joke and dick jokes are hillarious.
he's terribad.

you want a real comedian? listen to people like bill hicks and George carlin

Xetsuei
July 10th, 2009, 09:25 PM
1) yes i have seen them.

2) what about him buying the cheese in the supermarket in borat, because that didnt get old after the first 5 seconds.

He's a hack of a comedian that appeals to stupid people that think a g-strings on a man, a butt joke and dick jokes are hillarious.
he's terribad.

3)you want a real comedian? listen to people like bill hicks and George carlin

1)Still sounds like you haven't.
2)That's a deleted scene, why do you think it didn't end up in the movie? It's like you just googled "borat movie scenes" and watched the first thing that came up.
3)LOL

I don't see how you can pull that much hate out of Borat, when you haven't watched it and all. :rolleyes:

Jean-Luc
July 10th, 2009, 09:30 PM
3)LOL

While I agree with your points about Borat, if you diss Hicks or Carlin, you're in for a world of hurt :|

Xetsuei
July 10th, 2009, 09:33 PM
While I agree with your points about Borat, if you diss Hicks or Carlin, you're in for a world of hurt :|

Other way around.

Bodzilla
July 10th, 2009, 09:33 PM
1)Still sounds like you haven't.
2)That's a deleted scene, why do you think it didn't end up in the movie? It's like you just googled "borat movie scenes" and watched the first thing that came up.
3)LOL

I don't see how you can pull that much hate out of Borat, when you haven't watched it and all. :rolleyes:
cool assumptions bro.
i dont exactly have such terrible movies in my collection so some of the finer details have been lost to time... thank god.

alright substitute the cheese market for when he's wrestling naked with his manager or what ever the fuck he was because he was fapping over Pamella Anderson.
Same fucking thing.

you'll get far like that.
and are you seriously denying the comedic genius of bill hicks and george carlin in this community?

someones about to be hanged.

Xetsuei
July 10th, 2009, 09:36 PM
1)cool assumptions bro.
i dont exactly have such terrible movies in my collection so some of the finer details have been lost to time... thank god.

2)alright substitute the cheese market for when he's wrestling naked with his manager or what ever the fuck he was because he was fapping over Pamella Anderson.
Same fucking thing.

1)They're not assumptions. If you really did watch the movie, you just remembered the parts you didn't like about it because you want to hate it. Whatever.

2)The first part of that, the reason "because he was fapping over Pamella Anderson" was funny. But the whole thing I can agree was unnecessary.

Bodzilla
July 10th, 2009, 09:43 PM
1)There not assumptions. If you really did watch the movie, it seems you just remembered the parts you didn't like about it because you want to hate it. Whatever.
What is bolded is an assumption.

Xetsuei
July 10th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Fixed.

Needles
July 10th, 2009, 09:55 PM
cool assumptions bro.

alright substitute the cheese market for when he's wrestling naked with his manager or what ever the fuck he was because he was fapping over Pamella Anderson.
Same fucking thing.

you'll get far like that.
and are you seriously denying the comedic genius of bill hicks and george carlin in this community?

someones about to be hanged.

I thought borat was pretty funny...even though it had it's nastier moments. Ali G in da house (the movie) was pretty mediocre though IMO. I might see Bruno, maybe.

I thought this thread was going to be about the user bruno tbh >.>

p0lar_bear
July 11th, 2009, 03:11 AM

You're missing the point. Entirely. Sacha Baron Cohen is the king of trolls. You're watching a troll movie. Not a gay movie.

But since we're on the subject, here's a song to better explain what I mean:
width="425" height="25"

Masterz1337
July 11th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Pardon Bods ignorance.

The best thing about Borat and Bruno IMO is how he makes other people look like idiots. The frat boys in the trailer, the cares salesman, the rodeo manager in borat are all good examples. The best parts of Bruno was when he acts in a way that makes people their guard down.

Bodzilla
July 11th, 2009, 10:41 AM
so it's a case of ignorance to not find the same dickjokes funny or intelligent?
yes i got the refferance, but being compared to you is like comparing black to white

despite they're being a cavalcade of other artist doing the exact same thing. cool masters i'll keep that in mind.

Masterz1337
July 11th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Bruno is mostly dickjokes and that's why it's not being praised like Borat. Try reading my post first.

Joshflighter
July 11th, 2009, 10:51 AM

ugh.

I strongly agree with this statement.

:confused2:

MetKiller Joe
July 11th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Meh, there were parts of it that I laughed my ass off, other parts the was just entertaining how far off the line he went. Some parts were just plain bad taste, and yet still other parts were just bad, which coincidentally was how I reacted to Borat.

It wasn't as good as Borat because it just went too far with the gay stereotypes and dick jokes, and, as my friend pointed out, it seemed like a collection of short stories rather than a linear plot.

annihilation
July 11th, 2009, 05:46 PM
I didn't find this guy funny at all. It's pretty much just shocking and offensive humor. I'm usually a fan of that kind of humor but it wasn't that funny at all.

Rorschach
July 12th, 2009, 12:08 AM
So I just saw this at the movies today. If I wasn't such a cheap bastard, I would've said "fuck this" sometime within the first five minutes. Do yourself a favor and save your money for Public Enemies.

Bodzilla
July 12th, 2009, 12:09 AM
So I just saw this at the movies today. If I wasn't such a cheap bastard, I would've said "fuck this" sometime within the first five minutes. Do yourself a favor and save your money for Public Enemies.

THIS

Rorschach
July 12th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Thank god I saw a Michael Mann film with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale at the same sitting as watching Bruno, otherwise I would've come home supremely pissed and severely disturbed tonight.

Corndogman
July 15th, 2009, 09:43 PM
The movie had its funny parts and its unfunny ones. All the dick and asshole jokes were funny maybe the first time, but they should have stopped. Its like he just tried to take Borat's dick and ass joke format and multiply it by 5.

however, it did have some genuinely funny parts. for instance the "keep it or abort it", the two dumb blond chicks for the charity thing, and those really crappy parents. anytime when he manipulated real people to make them look stupid. also the "and Bono's got aids!" joke.

I'm not gonna lie though, I was laughing through most of it, even at the dick jokes, just because I was caught up with the atmosphere in the theater. The jokes we're pretty dumb, but they had me laughing.

I like the show more than i like his movies though, I actually laugh at Bruno on the show. And the Ali G movie was bad compared to on the show.

TVTyrant
July 15th, 2009, 09:49 PM
anytime when he manipulated real people to make them look stupid.
Thats what I never got about his movies. Whats the point of that? I dont see how stupid people are funny in any way. Thats 99% of people, and guess who watches his movies the most? Dumbfuck teenagers.

sdavis117
July 15th, 2009, 09:58 PM
I find that Sacha Baron Cohen does some of the best publicity stunts out there, but his movies and shows aren't the best.

paladin
July 15th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I Loved this movie, I wish it had more cocks in it.

Corndogman
July 15th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Thats what I never got about his movies. Whats the point of that? I dont see how stupid people are funny in any way. Thats 99% of people, and guess who watches his movies the most? Dumbfuck teenagers.

Well that's just your opinion of what is and isn't funny. What makes it funny though, is that these people say things without realizing how stupid they are. That to me is funny.

I agree though, most viewers are dumbfuck teenagers who just laugh at the dick jokes. Especially the middle school age kids.

Xetsuei
July 15th, 2009, 11:33 PM
My whole family, including cousins watched Borat together and we all thought it was hilarious.

You just see dumbfuck teenagers in theaters acting like assholes and talking during the movie.

Rook
July 15th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I liked borat but not gonna bother with watching bruno. If I wanted to see something similar to this movie I'd just go put meatspin on repeat

ICEE
July 16th, 2009, 12:13 AM
my gay siblings were very offended by this movie.

Xetsuei
July 16th, 2009, 12:19 AM
my gay siblings were very offended by this movie.

Lmfao. Let's see how much -rep I will get from this.

PopeAK49
July 16th, 2009, 12:32 AM
People already ruined the movie for me by repeating the lines....Just like with borat. :mech:

Skill
July 16th, 2009, 01:32 AM
It was a terrible, awful, completely unfunny movie.

You know those R-rated films that are really made for 14-year old boys? Kind of like all those direct-to-video American Pie spinoffs.

That's what Bruno was. If your parents don't allow you to watch R-rated movies you'll find it hilarious. Otherwise, enjoy your 81 minutes of gay jokes.

Corndogman
July 16th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I liked borat but not gonna bother with watching bruno. If I wanted to see something similar to this movie I'd just go put meatspin on repeat

Funny you say that because there pretty much was a 2 minute meatspin.