PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Vista Update Error

Dedicated
July 10th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Hey guys, so I am on Live. I went to the Game List and it says it's Searching For Games or something close to that. I waited a long time and nothing appeared. Then, I clicked Refresh List and the same thing happened.. no games. =(

I went to Quick Match and it says it timed out while searching for a game. How can I get it to show people's games? =) Thanks!

CSFLOYD
July 10th, 2009, 02:11 PM
This happens to me alot I usually just get off then get back on if that doesnt work then I refresh and stuff..

Dedicated
July 10th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Ah, thanks. I also found out that if you minimize the game and mess around for a moment, then bring it back up, the game list will appear.

I'm about to have to give my discs back to my cousin, so instead of waiting til that happens; does anyone know where I could find a No CD Fix that -WORKS for MULTIPLAYER-?

Thanks guys!

supersniper
July 10th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Only option is to mount it with Dameon tools and make a mini-cd image...

arbiter901
July 10th, 2009, 03:25 PM
You know I never have to insert my Halo 2 disc back in ever since I installed it. =(

Dedicated
July 10th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Only option is to mount it with Dameon tools and make a mini-cd image...

Alright, thanks a ton for the input. Question though, what would I mount? Halo2.exe or Startup.exe? Or am I wrong and it's something entirely different? xP

klange
July 10th, 2009, 04:06 PM
You mount (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_%28computing%29) the CD.

jcap
July 10th, 2009, 06:23 PM
When you activate Halo 2 for Windows Vista, you shouldn't need the CD to play anymore. You can just launch it directly from the games section of the start menu.

Wakeboy1337
July 10th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I have a funny feeling about this thread :|

Syuusuke
July 10th, 2009, 09:52 PM
There is a no-cd check, it comes with the game, just gotta look (or not actually).

Also that server list does delay a bit, so play some campaign or make your own server for a bit =/

CodeBrain
July 11th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I am guessing you don't need that CD-Key anymore now do you?