PDA

View Full Version : opening up a dedi, map suggestions

Morkon2112
July 11th, 2009, 12:20 AM
With projects like OS and Cerebrum-Synapse, I have re-gained interest in Halo CE. Because of this, I am planning on opening up a dedicated on my brand new fiber optics intarnet. I'm sick of playing endless bloodgulch, and would like some custom maps. This is a list I have come up with for fun maps to play on, I would like suggestions.

Current ideas:
Yoyorast
New Mombasa Classic
Wartorn Cove 3
No Remorse
Immure 2
Grove_final
Gauntlet/Gauntlet Classic

dark navi
July 11th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Cold Snap

tythespy
July 11th, 2009, 12:51 AM
only way your gonna get people to play on the maps you listed, if their is already 1-4 people already in the sever playing (besides yoyo.map). try doing a banfree sev lols

Try viewing severs that are hosted with coustom maps with people in them already. and do wut they do. The lbc race way and zelda map kids rush to those severs

Needles
July 11th, 2009, 04:44 AM
Yoyorast, snow grove, and those horrible maps like coldsnap and hugeass are all the custom maps that I ever see with a constant amount of people.

Llama Juice
July 11th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Theres a few servers out there that play a bunch of customs... the STW clan server always has customs going, and even if it's empty most of the time I've spent about six hours in that server over the past few days with 4-6 people in it. Don't forget... if you join an empty server it will make other people more likely to join it... somone has to start it.

Also, in the server for your message of the day put a URL to where your maplist is and have a .rar of the map cycle. Or have **SERVER** commands say it every once in a while. This will help people out if they want to play but don't want to put in the effort to find all your maps seperately.

At least that's what I think ALL servers should do.... but that might just be me.

As for actual maps?...

Anxiety
CamtrackArena
Chiller
Corrupted
Delta Ruined
FissureFall
Immure
Midship
No_Remorse
Portent

I'd include a bunch of others of course, but.. those IMO are must haves.

Alwin Roth
July 11th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Peril
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4096

Destiny
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4681

captus
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4615

Morkon2112
July 11th, 2009, 12:44 PM
okay ill check all of those out

Cortexian
July 13th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Basically it's either have a populated server running gay maps, or have an empty server running good maps.

Morkon2112
July 13th, 2009, 12:31 AM
i think with the right maps, it can be semi-populated

Cortexian
July 13th, 2009, 01:01 AM
i think multiple people (including myself) have tried getting a good custom maps server going and failed due to inactivity

good luck though

Alwin Roth
July 13th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Well, i noticed infection servers get a good amount of people...

Ganon
July 13th, 2009, 09:37 AM
CIA server used to get populated using sanctuary h2 pb.

supersniper
July 13th, 2009, 09:40 AM
No people just go to the brothers and arms dedi for that map.
To get it populated throw in non custom maps as well.