PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Halo 1

Needles
July 14th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Well, went to play some halo 1 (since I haven't in a while), and it just exceptions and crashes on start :smith:.

I've reinstalled 4 times and I haven't even modified anything in the game itself...but it still crashes. Have no idea while this would happen to it either.

StankBacon
July 14th, 2009, 03:57 PM
not much info....

also why not post this in the halo section?

English Mobster
July 14th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Because I think he's talking about PC, not CE.
Hmm... Try going to your Halo shortcut, right-click -> Properties, then find "Target", and AFTER THE QUOTED PART type "-safemode" (no quotes).
See if that fixes it.

Needles
July 14th, 2009, 04:08 PM
not much info....

also why not post this in the halo section?

It's just crashing getting exceptions...and I don't know why >.>. I haven't modified anything and haven't even played in months so idk why it crashes.

Safe mode didn't work. The little halo window pops up then it goes to fill up the whole screen with the game start up one, then crashes with an exception! before that even happens.

I'm going to take a look for an advanced uninstall tool, one that removes everything, but I can never find a half decent one that is free.

Cojafoji
July 14th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I ran into that three days ago. Have you installed IE8 recently? I did, just to have it for dev purposes, and that's what was causing it.

Needles
July 14th, 2009, 04:21 PM
I ran into that three days ago. Have you installed IE8 recently? I did, just to have it for dev purposes, and that's what was causing it.

Strange o_0. I never use IE so I don't think it did, but I'll check.

E:Well idk which one did it, but degrading IE to 7 and going into registry with a special uninstaller and deleting some .map format thing fixed it.
Also, I use steam ingame at times in halo..

Encoded
July 14th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Why would IE8 cause that to crash?
That doesn't make any fucking sense, I don't think they have any shared files.

Syuusuke
July 14th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Not exactly related, but IE7 beta and steam would also not work together until you uninstalled IE7.

Forgot what the reasoning behind that was, but it's probably similar.

But why doesn't this problem occur in Win7? I have IE8 and I can play Halo?