PDA

View Full Version : Animater. Yoyorast. Now.

Inferno
July 15th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Yoyorast is pretty much done. If SOMEONE would please animate the passenger seat of the mongoose we could release it maybe.

:smith:

http://dedi-servers.net/ftp/dmt/images/wrong.PNG

Spartan094
July 15th, 2009, 05:03 PM
How did you manage that? But what do you mean animate the passenger seat. Like edit the anims or so? Or all brand new or so. Because what seems right there is that you could just re-edit the animations in 3ds max so it doesn't look like that.

Inferno
July 15th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I don't care HOW you do it I just want someone to get working animations. This is the last attempt made by doan.

Choking Victim
July 15th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I don't care HOW you do it I just want someone to get working animations. This is the last attempt made by doan.
That picture was an attempt? Your overlays seem to be messed up then. Set the stand fixed aim-still animation to "None" and see if the stance is fixed. If so, create an aiming animation specifically for the seat.

Inferno
July 15th, 2009, 05:15 PM
It only happens like that on certain weapons and it fucks up real bad when you switch weapons.

Works perfectly with just a pistol...

Choking Victim
July 15th, 2009, 05:18 PM
It only happens like that on certain weapons and it fucks up real bad when you switch weapons.

Works perfectly with just a pistol...
Are you sure you have an aiming animation set for each weapon type?

t3h m00kz
July 15th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Come on, someone HAS to want to take this up. It's a good cause.

I'd try it if I weren't so derp with 3rd person animations and getting that damn NODE ERROR that nobody knows anything about.

Inferno
July 15th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Hdoan did them. I'm not very good with overlays and stuff. I can do FP animations but I fail at 3rd person stuff.

FRain
July 15th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I'll fucking do it. AIM: FlamingRain231

yoyorast
July 15th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I'll fucking do it. AIM: FlamingRain231

I fucking like to hear this!!

Hunter
July 15th, 2009, 07:19 PM
At fucking last. Sick of seeing topics about this dam mongoose. I would of done it but I can't animate for shit. Nice one FlamingRain.

And I am glad you have finally got the map ready to be released yoyorast. I will download as soon as there is a download link :P

Choking Victim
July 15th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I'm helping Inferno fix the existing animations, almost done, no need to reanimate unless your unhappy with the existing ones.

FRain
July 15th, 2009, 07:26 PM
What was wrong with them, anyways?

Choking Victim
July 15th, 2009, 07:27 PM
What was wrong with them, anyways?
Looking bounds weren't set, wrong looking animation was being used, aiming screen bounds on the horizontal axis weren't properly set.

yoyorast
July 15th, 2009, 07:33 PM
wow wow guys, still have to test the ATV after that + test again the entire island.. then if all goes well, we can open the champain.

TVTyrant
July 15th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Gonna be amazing :iamafag:

FRain
July 16th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I'll be done with the anims tonight, and I'll ship them off to inferno later. I'm going camping tomorrow and won't be back until Sunday so hopefully he can get them ingame and going while I'm out.

t3h m00kz
July 17th, 2009, 01:44 AM
It's about time.

Rain I need to ask you about 3P animations when I get the chance, I'm having trouble with them

Alwin Roth
July 17th, 2009, 06:25 PM
wait, what happened to hdoan?

Matooba
July 18th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Holy crap.... I thought you said someone already had them done Yohan? I still liked the G sitting animations but anyways good to see it done finally.

bobsam
July 18th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I asked HDoan on XFire and he said they were done,and he said he was waiting for Inferno to get on. (This was before he blocked me for calling him an ass)

yoyorast
July 18th, 2009, 05:14 PM
When did he said that to ya? Cause the anim he sent few days ago, were not working corectly... Choking V tried to fix but coulnd't apprently... So FlaiminRain made new ones but idn't finished in time before he left for the week end... so now we're waiting him back monday hopefully... So works are on hold til then.
Hope he keeps one thing Doan made very well : the driver anim riding the ATV (anim when he turns for example) was really really cool.

bobsam
July 18th, 2009, 06:11 PM
he said like like on the 13th or 14th I'm pretty sure... (As in this month)

yoyorast
July 18th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Well, they were done at this time, but not working, that's why inferno made this thread. Look at the first pic man.

.Wolf™
July 18th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I asked HDoan on XFire and he said they were done,and he said he was waiting for Inferno to get on. (This was before he blocked me for calling him an ass)
You call everyone "ass" and "Douche" so maybe thats why.

Choking Victim
July 18th, 2009, 10:42 PM
When did he said that to ya? Cause the anim he sent few days ago, were not working corectly... Choking V tried to fix but coulnd't apprently... So FlaiminRain made new ones but idn't finished in time before he left for the week end... so now we're waiting him back monday hopefully... So works are on hold til then.
Hope he keeps one thing Doan made very well : the driver anim riding the ATV (anim when he turns for example) was really really cool.
Hdoan's aiming animation was done incorrectly, so I couldn't fix it with the existing animation set. All Frain needed to do was make a new aiming animation, but he decided to just redo the entire set.

UnevenElefant5
July 19th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Why not just use the scorpion passenger anims? Or did you already try that?

Ki11a_FTW
July 19th, 2009, 05:13 PM
wait, what happened to hdoan?

he got a life

Alwin Roth
July 19th, 2009, 06:39 PM
he got a life

Damn.

HDoan
July 19th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Damn.
That poor soul :( I thought I did the aiming right, CAD told me it was anyway.

FRain
July 19th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Sup guys, just got back from camping. Sorry I couldn't get the anims to you earlier, turns out I fucked up on ALL of the anims because i used bip01 (bone) rather than frame (bone). I'll have them done tonight and shipped off to inferno to get ingame tomorrow.

Inferno
July 19th, 2009, 10:42 PM
You can fix that by just renaming the bones manually.

EX12693
July 21st, 2009, 12:32 PM
So are they done yet? I'm guessing there will be a test of some sort.

FRain
July 21st, 2009, 12:32 PM
I'm just about finished. Just making small tweaks and it's off to Inferno.

HDoan
July 21st, 2009, 12:35 PM
FRain just export it with CAD's animation exporter.

FRain
July 21st, 2009, 12:43 PM
awww but i don wanna :(

FRain
July 21st, 2009, 04:41 PM
I finished all of the animations, and I ripped the mongoose, recursively, from the map.

07.21.09 14:07:21 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\tag_files\tag_groups.c,#3157 : #-1 is not a valid object_function_block index in [#0,#4)

So, I of course, deleted all of the function blocks in the tag, and then I get this:

07.21.09 14:07:21 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\tag_files\tag_groups.c,#3157 : #-1 is not a valid object_function_block index in [#0,#0)

So, then I rip ALL of the tags I don't have from the map out and I still get that error.

Cmon, guys! I'm so fucking close!

StankBacon
July 21st, 2009, 05:30 PM
same thing happened to be when i ripped the tags from the latest build for the hog.

July 21st, 2009, 07:26 PM
If that's the same error I think it is, then I think you can still bring it ingame fine. It just won't want to run in Sapien. The tanks always do the 3157 error when you use the HEK+ to extract them, so I just stick placeholder vehicles in so I have the spawns set, and then use Guerilla to swap them in before I export it. I suggest trying that and seeing what happens.

Inferno
July 22nd, 2009, 11:01 AM
Frain I'll send you my tags. Get on teh Aimzorz.

FRain
July 22nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
I got the mongoose ingame, but not my anims.

I got my anims ingame and when I compile it, the first thing I see is this:

Biped characters\cyborg\cyborg's animation node 1 isn't set up for limp body physics.

First, I think: Okay, well, the cyborg isnt going to stretch when he dies, thats alright I suppose....

Then, I go ingame, and i spawn a mongoose. I cannot get on it. I then think "well, I probably set the label up wrong.

So, I go into debug camera.

No.

Master chief is all fucked up. His weapon comes out of his ass, he's bending in unexplainable ways, he doesnt turn correctly and all kinds of fucked up stuff.

help

t3h m00kz
July 22nd, 2009, 05:44 PM
Master chief is all fucked up. His weapon comes out of his ass, he's bending in unexplainable ways, he doesnt turn correctly and all kinds of fucked up stuff.

hot

Masterz1337
July 22nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
Silly kids it's HEK+ that's fucking with you.

07.21.09 14:07:21 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\tag_files\tag_groups.c,#3157 : #-1 is not a valid object_function_block index in [#0,#0)

Matooba
July 22nd, 2009, 06:16 PM
Fail *smacks forehead*

I see intervention coming soon....

yoyorast
July 25th, 2009, 05:07 PM
K, guys. The ATV anims issue stuck and still is stucking the entire V2 project... this is the only thing remaining to be done before last beta then release. After Doan's anims (that were messed up ingame) Flamingrain remade them and made everything he could to put his anims ingame but got the same problem as doan... now Teh Lag is making new ones again... hopefully, these will work this time.

Thanks to the 3 of you guys.

FRain
July 25th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I tried about 18 different things to do for the mongoose anims, i tried but then, fail, fail, fail, fail, and I sent them off to Lag, who I dont know if he's redoing them or trying to get them ingame.

KiLLa
July 26th, 2009, 07:02 PM
are you using bip01 and what not?
that could be the issue...I'm thinkin the game somehow uses "bip01" to simulate physics (legs bending when you land ect..)
I recall having a simular issue way back, but can't remember how I resolved it exactly...

FRain
July 26th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Tool ignores bip01 during compilation.
I think I actually might know how to fix it.

KiLLa
July 26th, 2009, 10:30 PM
uh...and then?
Bungie used the stock skeleton sets generated from 3ds max's system..which included bip01..so maybe try making it the root in the heirarchy...
You didn't really answer me if your using it or not..