PDA

View Full Version : Something needs to be addressed

Dwood
July 16th, 2009, 11:38 AM
What are we going to do about the (possibly many) soon to be different versions of Open Sauce?

klange
July 16th, 2009, 01:05 PM
They will all be merged together into one massive plugin capable of doing lots of fun stuff.

The problem is finding people to help merge them, as once km00 releases Update 2, he's pretty much skipping town (right, kornman00?), and won't be there to do it himself (not that we should expect that of him anyway...)

Kornman00
July 16th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I'll be "around" for about a month after but in a different part of Halo and just to make sure Synapse doesn't need it's training wheels any longer. After that it's pretty much "deuces" when it comes to public Halo works. I'll more than likely keep poking my head in every now and then to make sure things are :saggy:.
You will of course find me online playing lots and lots of Fire Fight (while doing my best involuntary impressions of Tourette's Guy) when not doing my "day" job or coding.

As far as Open Sauce goes, if a few people can get together who think they can "take over" the management of it (addressing bugs, adding features which people come up with) I can give them permissions to the project on the site which the source will be (tentatively) hosted on after Update 2 is out. However, I'm not going to give any joe shmoe that permission.

Limited
July 16th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Its pretty much up to the coders. Right now I'm not adding other peoples code into my projects due to the fact I am still in process of making things. Once more projects get released they might be combined. It will involve the markers collaborating.

It will be necessary, I dont want people to have to pick between Joe Blog's functions John Smith's functions, a mix is great.

Like I said it another thread, everything will need to be toggable. Mine and skyline's projects are housing all of our code, we add to it when we make new stuff. If I released the dll now, it would have third person, fov and the new stuff being worked on.

klange
July 16th, 2009, 04:04 PM
I figure you can have a single, universal configuration file format. "opensauce.cfg", and then someone can write a GUI to edit it (I'm up for the task when C-S is in a low point of activity). In there, you could store which modules to enable, as well as store the values for them. Then just add a config reader/write class to OS to do all the dirty work.

Limited
July 16th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Well that doesnt really help and probably limits what can be added. Right now if you code in a new CPP file, then you add it in, add the component and add code to scriptinglibrary files, which kornman has said will be all in one in Update 2.

Rob Oplawar
July 16th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Project Shockwave volunteers.

Fuck, I gotta get on that.

Limited
July 17th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Whats this Project Shockwave you speak about???

klange
July 17th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Whats this Project Shockwave you speak about???
A revolutionary new way to make maps with a team... but I've said too much.

Pyong Kawaguchi
July 17th, 2009, 12:16 PM
More info, please!

Dwood
July 18th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Korn we need to talk if you will be looking for a maintainer or two pm me when a good date is for an xfire chat

Limited
July 18th, 2009, 05:43 PM
The maintainer needs to have a good understanding of how OS works, and has definitely worked on a project in it.

Its not as simple as opening up 2 files and copying and pasting. Things could clash, memory locations could clash, they will need extensive testing to make sure it all works smoothly etc.

Dwood
July 18th, 2009, 09:08 PM
The maintainer needs to have a good understanding of how OS works, and has definitely worked on a project in it.

Its not as simple as opening up 2 files and copying and pasting. Things could clash, memory locations could clash, they will need extensive testing to make sure it all works smoothly etc.

I understand that. I'm not simply talking about myself as a possible maintainer (even though that was implied). I also want to talk with Korn about sections of Open Sauce as well.