PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 is a crash addict

Inferno
July 16th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I played the game for a while with it only crashing every hour or 2 but now it crashes every few minutes and on very specific events like talking or walking into a certain area.

Fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it!

BobtheGreatII
July 16th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I played the game for a while with it only crashing every hour or 2 but now it crashes every few minutes and on very specific events like talking or walking into a certain area.

Fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it!

Yeah, for some reason I was having the same problem. It could have been the patch for Point Lookout. But I mostly figure it's the beta drivers I have for my video card for Windows 7.

Are you running W7?

343guiltymc
July 16th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Using any conflicting mods?

Inferno
July 16th, 2009, 04:37 PM
XP fo lyfe dawg.

And It just started happening one day. Didn't really do anything. I reinstalled the game but it's still doing it.

edit-
No mods.

BobtheGreatII
July 16th, 2009, 04:45 PM
XP fo lyfe dawg.

And It just started happening one day. Didn't really do anything. I reinstalled the game but it's still doing it.

edit-
No mods.

Then I imagine you have patch 1.6 installed (Point Lookout) which could be alot of the problem. Maybe when the Patch for Mothership Zeta comes out, it will address some of these problems.

As much as I love Fallout 3, it is packed full of bugs.

NullZero
July 16th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Does it just quit to desktop randomly, or does it freeze? I used to get it crashing to desktop

Inferno
July 16th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Quit to desktop sometimes but mostly crash to desktop where I get the "we are sorry fallout 3 encountered a error" screen.

NullZero
July 16th, 2009, 05:51 PM
I shoved more memory into my machine, and it stopped crashing to desktop. It was probably a fluke though

Inferno
July 16th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Well I've been wanting to add more memory to my computer.

Wakeboy1337
July 16th, 2009, 07:51 PM
When I updated to 1.6, I have this bug that happens when I goto Exit the game My pc sits at a black screen and I have to kill it with task manager. Or if it does Exit, Fallout3.exe is still running in the background and I still have to kill it with task manager. 1.5 did not do this.

rossmum
July 17th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Mine's started with this shit. It was fine right up until I'd spent about an hour in Megaton, now it just locks up after a few seconds of gameplay.

Inferno
July 17th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Yeah that's how mine is acting except it happend at a random point in the wasteland.

Why does Bethesda make such awesome games but forget to make the fucking stable?

Pyong Kawaguchi
July 17th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Because they are too busy getting sucked off by fans :3

sevlag
July 17th, 2009, 04:57 PM
No mods.
you arent even gonna try out those mods i showed you :\ not enven enclave commander

Inferno
July 17th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Kind of hard to do with the game crashing every 5 minutes. :saddowns:

sevlag
July 17th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Kind of hard to do with the game crashing every 5 minutes. :saddowns:
it happens on 360 too, dun feel bad...it seems the latest patches cause instability, dun worry though, Fo3 is buggy but fun, can't wait till i get it for PC, then think of all those fun mods i'll put in *nose bleed*

oh and classic enclave armor as well >:U