PDA

View Full Version : battlefield 1943

sevlag
July 17th, 2009, 04:59 PM
well i another battlefield game is here (been here fopr a few days atleast)...

i have to say its a pretty good game despite it being an arcade title

one major gripe is EA's faggoty ass inability to copnnetc me to games

sdavis117
July 17th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I hopped on today, and I was able to jump into a game in seconds. Granted, I had the trial, but I believe there is no difference between the trial and retail (other then the trial not letting you play forever).

I have one HUGE gripe. The text is small. Way too small. I can't read ANYTHING except the big logos. I can't tell who is who, I can't figure out what to do, etc. I'm playing on a 20in SDTV. EA built this game for giant HDTV flatscreens.

Remember EA, not everyone who wants to play your games has a massive TV.

NuggetWarmer
July 18th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Waste of money. It's just a dumbed down BF: Bad Co. with WWII shit. The vehicles are great fun though.

Abdurahman
July 18th, 2009, 01:19 AM
I own with the planes. Also yeah I have a 26 inch sdtv and cant see words at all. Everything else about the game is great though. Now if only they release a map like midway for 1942, you know with ship battles and sinkable destroyers? That would be the funnest shit ever.

paladin
July 18th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Best Game ever

t3h m00kz
July 18th, 2009, 02:17 AM
and I thought Babo Invasion looked good for an arcade game

Abdurahman
July 18th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Anyone play it on Xbox Live wanna play it with me? My gamertag is AbdurahmanL

Lateksi
July 19th, 2009, 10:59 AM
I'm getting this for PC. I'd like to see BF3, not these spin-off games.

Warsaw
July 19th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Played it over the weekend; own with the planes, suck ass at everything else. IL-2 training FTW. Not bad for $15 on LIVE.

Skill
July 19th, 2009, 11:57 PM
BF 1942 with updated graphics and less content?

No thanks.

Phopojijo
July 20th, 2009, 12:32 AM
And destructible environments... which will probably be the main draw.

Ifafudafi
July 20th, 2009, 12:36 AM
What's particularly impressive to me is the fact that this is an entirely downloadable title; add in a few more maps and a bot mode, and this could easily pass as a full game. Sure, it's a rehash, but smoother gameplay, new features (see: blowing shit up), much nicer graphics, and an extremely low price point readily available for download has me more than sold.

Once I can get XBL to fucking accept my credit card. :maddowns: I don't want to have to go buy myself a prepaid card.

paladin
July 20th, 2009, 12:46 AM
BF 1942 with updated graphics and less content?

No thanks.

gtfots Its fun as hell

Skill
July 20th, 2009, 01:22 AM
What's particularly impressive to me is the fact that this is an entirely downloadable title
You mean like each of the over 500 games on Steam?

Yeah, that's pretty impressive all right.

BF1943 is really just not that great of a game. It took out a lot of the content that made BF1942 so great and condensed it for the console gaming crowd. There is absolutely no variation in the weapons (each side's pistols, for example, are exactly the same in function and only differ aesthetically, which is absolutely laughable because the Nambu was a complete piece of shit), the online is Xbox Live, and there just isn't enough content or replay value there to satisfy me and make me feel like it was worth the price.

Abdurahman
July 20th, 2009, 01:38 AM
You know what they should add? An urban city infantry map with loads of indoor fighting. Make everything destructible, add maybe one or two jeeps, and that would be a SERIOUSLY fun time.

NuggetWarmer
July 20th, 2009, 02:08 AM
You know what they should add? The stuff they took out that made the original game amazing. :C

Daishi
July 20th, 2009, 02:15 AM
I'm waiting for the PC version. My computer is epic, so I use my computer. :D

Edit: Not to mention I fucking hate analog sticks to aim.

Pyong Kawaguchi
July 20th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I got this for ps3, I find it quite fun.

mech
July 20th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Terrible game. Played the demo, there's nothing to like about it except for getting a jeep full of people and driving it off a cliff. The graphics are horrid and the environments suck.

Bhamid
July 20th, 2009, 03:41 PM
There really should be a decent competitor to Steam *hint hint Xfire*

Phopojijo
July 20th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Hopefully on the PC they'll have an editor with some sort of "join server get mod" function like UT and other sane modable games have.

Skill
July 20th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Hopefully on the PC they'll have an editor with some sort of "join server get mod" function like UT and other sane modable games have.
Knowing EA, I highly doubt it.

343guiltymc
July 21st, 2009, 11:30 AM
So is Mod support for the PC version MIA, or what?