PDA

View Full Version : Extracting the original cinematic animations

HCS09
July 31st, 2009, 11:36 PM
I'm trying to make my cutscenes a little more interesting by running some of Bungie's cinematic animations during some of them.

Here is an example of how the animation (for MC when he sees the captain consumed by the flood) is used to show MC's dismay upon finding several marines dead.

e-TAp0pNWAs

The problem I have is that for many of the cinematic animations, they are corrupted. I get this error in 3DSMax when I load them: Error: Animation is compressed and has lost its uncompressed data (i.e. it was extracted from a map).

Animation data cannot be read or processed.

Any idea of a way to fix their animations? Yes, I extracted them from the original maps with HEKPLUS v.1.0.3.0 I think

ShadowSpartan
August 1st, 2009, 12:14 AM
The problem I have is that for many of the cinematic animations, they are corrupted.
The animation data is not corrupted, it's fine. TheGhost's animation importer can't import compressed animations, and since most of the cinematic animations are compressed, you are out of luck.

HCS09
August 1st, 2009, 07:52 AM
Still, I tried to reference many of them in Sapien, and they would not work. Sometimes they would crash Sapien.