PDA

View Full Version : Freelancers server hacked to remove weapons from blue base

FreedomFighter7
August 1st, 2009, 05:35 PM
I just logged on to freelancers botfree 24/7 100 caps server and the weapons in blue base have been removed. Someone said that someone used the cheat engine to remove them. Please fix it!!! To confirm the rumor, I sat in blue base flag room for like a minute and no weapons respawned.

Syuusuke
August 1st, 2009, 07:47 PM
It's not a hack, it's just a random thing Bungie and GBX decided to do.

STLRamsFan
August 1st, 2009, 07:51 PM
It's working fine now as far as I can tell.

Cortexian
August 1st, 2009, 11:19 PM
Yea, no.

Limited
August 1st, 2009, 11:21 PM
Whilst on subject, why has the Lancers edge been cracked to allow any CD keys? Your providing a shelter for pirates?

klange
August 2nd, 2009, 12:01 AM
Whilst on subject, why has the Lancers edge been cracked to allow any CD keys? Your providing a shelter for pirates?
I, too, wish to know why this is happening. You'll find that certain projects which we would like you to participate in will require that you stop this practice immediately.

chrisk123999
August 2nd, 2009, 12:20 AM
I assume it's from rec0's app that brandinimp patched.

Cortexian
August 2nd, 2009, 11:13 AM
I assume it's from rec0's app that brandinimp patched.
This, he added it to the executable when he and I fixed the app so it no longer requires SAPP.

CodeBrain
August 2nd, 2009, 01:49 PM
This, he added it to the executable when he and I fixed the app so it no longer requires SAPP.

Although I am still learning code, couldn't you just open the source that BrandinIMP and you fixed, and remove/comment out the code for allowing Pirate CD-Keys?

Or is my idea not going to work?

ThePlague
August 2nd, 2009, 02:28 PM
Oh great, so my server has that too then? :\

Cortexian
August 2nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
We didn't edit it via the source, he did it some other way.

StankBacon
August 2nd, 2009, 03:55 PM
the patched haloceded.exe is the porblem, not rec0.

Limited
August 2nd, 2009, 05:07 PM
So, did you know from day one it allowed pirated, or has this just come to your knowledge?

He must have removed the check to gamespy from server regarding the validity of the key. I entered with a key full of 00's and it worked you see.

It also means your "uniqueness" is messed, whenever I join it says I am a unique player.

EX12693
August 2nd, 2009, 05:50 PM
Dude, Freelancer... :shake:

klange
August 2nd, 2009, 06:03 PM
Someone better fix this, or I'll be filling out the first CS Blacklist Request forms.

jcap
August 2nd, 2009, 06:37 PM
Well Bacon, it's not that big of a problem really. We'll probably want to include those keys in the blacklist as a precaution anyhow with a value of 0 (banned from both servers and stats).

Limited
August 2nd, 2009, 06:55 PM
Well Bacon, it's not that big of a problem really. We'll probably want to include those keys in the blacklist as a precaution anyhow with a value of 0 (banned from both servers and stats).
No dude, the key could be any thing, 12345...aaaaaaaaa...abcabcabc etc. Theres no way of Synapse knowing if its a legit key or not.

The servers will have to be blacklisted.

StankBacon
August 2nd, 2009, 06:57 PM
yah but someone can just enter any random key into it and you wont know if its legit or not.

-edit- limited beat me >.<

-edit2- pretty sure the HCEL server is using the same haloceded.exe so yah this needs to be fixed... where is brandini?

-edit3- http://brandinimp.com/?p=62 i guess we all should have known, he says right there that he removed the cd key check :/

chrisk123999
August 2nd, 2009, 08:19 PM
You could easily ask him to make a exe for you that does check the CD-Key.

BrandiniMP
August 2nd, 2009, 08:22 PM
wow, took you guys long enough to realize, this is the reason i wrote the documentation for the fix, so people can patch their own, im from HCE cracked, so the exe i released for 1.08 was my 1.00 release (which was 1.08 originally) just patched back to 1.08.

if u wanna patch a server to work otherwise, just repatch a blank server, and fyi, i didnt remove the check on the devicator i gave freelancer. (atleast i dont think i did)

klange
August 2nd, 2009, 08:24 PM
wow, took you guys long enough to realize, this is the reason i wrote the documentation for the fix, so people can patch their own, im from HCE cracked, so the exe i released for 1.08 was my 1.00 release (which was 1.08 originally) just patched back to 1.08.

if u wanna patch a server to work otherwise, just repatch a blank server, and fyi, i didnt remove the check on the devicator i gave freelancer. (atleast i dont think i did)
I'm sorry, but I didn't understand a single thing you said in this post. At all. And I'm usually pretty good with deciphering poorly written posts.

jcap
August 2nd, 2009, 08:27 PM
Someone buy BrandiniMP a copy of Halo that he can buy off of you. All you have to do is pick up a copy and send him the key, if he pays you through PayPal. Apparently the reason he removed the CD key check was because he can't get a copy of it - it's not sold where he lives. The only way for him to get it is to buy it online for full price, then pay shipping.

Brandini, you are a fucking douchebag lying twat.

chrisk123999
August 2nd, 2009, 08:31 PM
He said that he uses a 1.08 dedi that runs as a 1.00. Making it still have all the security updates and stuff. He released 2 versions of it, one that runs as 1.00 and one that runs as 1.08.

Heathen
August 2nd, 2009, 08:32 PM
Dude, Freelancer... :shake:
this :/

Heathen
August 2nd, 2009, 08:33 PM
Use my donation to buy him one eh?

Limited
August 2nd, 2009, 08:37 PM
I could do the fix in the morning. I checked the exe's, it would explain all the differences.

klange
August 2nd, 2009, 08:40 PM
I think the key issue that needs to be presented here is that we need to be sure players are using real, authenticated and unique keys, not simply because we want to limit the game to legitimate players, but because the keys are used as unique identifiers of players, and we need them to stay that way in servers we want running Synapse. Though I guess we've kind of hijacked this topic to talk about it.

BrandiniMP
August 2nd, 2009, 10:17 PM
okay well putting the check back in is easy.

[Opens notes]

okay

0x530236 = allows users with the same key to play simultaneously.

ASM:

Patched: CMP EBP,EBP
Original: CMP EDI,EBP

0x52F9D7 = kicks users that have an invalid key, reported by the master server.

Patched: NOP x5
Original: SUB EDI,005AF868

there you go, happy now?

E: the above is for the 1.08 HCE dedicated server, just to be clear.

EE: amazing how easy Gamespy security is to bypass, im surprised that in 5 years, nobody did it.

EEE: oh and as Jcap pointed out, i am unable to buy Halo, since nowhere sells it here anymore, thank you for remembering Jcap.

EX12693
August 2nd, 2009, 10:57 PM
Look, I dont car how you do it. Just get the server back to normal... It's not like Free to provide a shelter for pirates... mabye that's why it's so popular. :smith:

StankBacon
August 3rd, 2009, 12:16 AM
EE: amazing how easy Gamespy security is to bypass, im surprised that in 5 years, nobody did it.

it's been done before.

Limited
August 3rd, 2009, 06:06 AM
Any one wanna test a fixed .exe for me?

By the way Brandini...

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/PC/Action/Shooter/~r400122/

http://www.game.co.uk/PC/Action/Shooter/~r268730/Halo-Combat-Evolved/?mid=268730

£9.99, they are the same company as you may know, but both outlets have it.

Cortexian
August 3rd, 2009, 11:46 AM
I can test it, I wasn't aware that Brandini added this into my server so everyone stop blaming me...

Omega
August 3rd, 2009, 12:21 PM
A fix for halo ce can be downloaded here (http://home.scarlet.be/mathy/goemitar/downloads/haloceded_fix.exe).

You can personally patch the bug by opening haloceded in a hex editor and changing the bytes "8B 0D 30 4C 5F 00" at location 000416C0 to "33 C9 90 90 90 90".

Cortexian
August 3rd, 2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks Omega! Love you long long time!

t3h m00kz
August 3rd, 2009, 04:53 PM
Anyone who pirates Halo CE shouldn't be allowed to play the game.

Anyone who pirates 3DS Max shouldn't be allowed to model weapons for the game.
hopefully the irony of my post is obvious
Go back to OpenArena with Blender, moneyless kiddies.

jcap
August 3rd, 2009, 05:16 PM
Not to continue the discussion of piracy "right vs wrong," but you really can't compare CE to Max. One of them is a game for personal use with countless hours of gameplay. The other is a professional modeling program used in the industry to make games and movies for profit.

TheGhost
August 3rd, 2009, 05:20 PM
If you need one that badly I have extra keys. I have about 10 total (from people I know) only 2 of which I really use (my own copies).

t3h m00kz
August 3rd, 2009, 05:28 PM
Not to continue the discussion of piracy "right vs wrong," but you really can't compare CE to Max. One of them is a game for personal use with countless hours of gameplay. The other is a professional modeling program used in the industry to make games and movies for profit.

I disagree. Stealing is stealing. Piracy is piracy. Music, movies, games, programs, it's all taking money out of the developer's pockets.

n00b1n8R
August 3rd, 2009, 05:42 PM
Piracy doesn't generally take money out of the developer's pockets. Pretty much anything people I know pirate, they would never have bought legitimately.
Thus they don't loose any money they'd make if piracy didn't exist.

Also, stupid-arse shit like a lot of EA's recent DRM has stuck a noose around legal owner's necks as well while the pirates swing from their masts proclaiming free games without all the hassale the pub's want to shove on your PC. (I think yahtzee did that metaphore but whatever)

t3h m00kz
August 3rd, 2009, 05:52 PM
Piracy doesn't generally take money out of the developer's pockets. Pretty much anything people I know pirate, they would never have bought legitimately.
Thus they don't loose any money they'd make if piracy didn't exist.

Also, stupid-arse shit like a lot of EA's recent DRM has stuck a noose around legal owner's necks as well while the pirates swing from their masts proclaiming free games without all the hassale the pub's want to shove on your PC. (I think yahtzee did that metaphore but whatever)

I suppose that's true. I've got a few games I really wouldn't consider buying, that I just wanted to try out (Either that or I'd just lost my copy, heh Quake 4). If I really, really want a game, though, I'd go out and buy it. I really wanted BF2, and pirating didn't let me join servers, so I bit the bullet and bought it. Well worth it imo.

Still, that's as far as games. Movies and music on the other hand, still takes money away. You basically get to see a movie for free, have songs for free. Movies, once you watch, that's it. Estimated 10-15 bucks a movie, the money piles up. Music though, you could still go out and buy the products if you really want to... I've done that with a few albums. NIN to be specific, but still, I probably have hundreds of dollars worth of songs.

I'm gonna need to look into that DRM shit, sounds pretty humorous and ironic

jcap
August 3rd, 2009, 05:57 PM
I disagree. Stealing is stealing. Piracy is piracy. Music, movies, games, programs, it's all taking money out of the developer's pockets.
I never said stealing one was better than another. It is wrong to steal, whatever it is. However, the use vs what you pay is the key thing here. With Halo, it's $20 or less and you frequently play it for hours of enjoyment. With a program like Max, it's $3500 and you aren't even using it like the studios do. It's not even all about the use here. Halo costs $20. You're just a pathetic individual if you can't pay that for something you enjoy. On the other hand, Max is 175x more expensive than Halo. Personally, I think it's fucking ridiculous that they charge that, and this goes for any program out there similar to this. There comes a point where it's essentially "acceptable" to pirate something because the price is so outrageous for your small use. If you're a movie or game studio who is going to make millions by using their product, that's a small price to pay. But if you're a small student who designs stuff for fun or feels like getting their feet wet, there's no way you're able to afford that, especially when you're not even using a fraction of the features the program offers.

Also, what noob said. Do you honestly expect everyone who uses Max to have paid for it if they didn't obtain it some other way? The developers don't lose a single cent.

klange
August 3rd, 2009, 06:12 PM
My favorite anti-anti-piracy card: If I couldn't have pirated it, I wouldn't have bought it anyway.

Our argument against allowing pirate keys for CE has nothing to do with the piracy side, though, and I think that's what's being missed here. When keys had to be checked out with GameSpy, they were unique identifiers and could be used to keep track of specific players. When everyone can just use all zeros, that goes out the window, and so does the basis for managing players on Cerebrum.

StankBacon
August 3rd, 2009, 06:16 PM
You can personally patch the bug by opening haloceded in a hex editor and changing the bytes "8B 0D 30 4C 5F 00" at location 000416C0 to "33 C9 90 90 90 90".

thanks, i fixed the rec0 haloceded.

http://www.hivclan.net/stuff/haloceded.exe

t3h m00kz
August 3rd, 2009, 06:20 PM
My favorite anti-anti-piracy card: If I couldn't have pirated it, I wouldn't have bought it anyway.

Our argument against allowing pirate keys for CE has nothing to do with the piracy side, though, and I think that's what's being missed here. When keys had to be checked out with GameSpy, they were unique identifiers and could be used to keep track of specific players. When everyone can just use all zeros, that goes out the window, and so does the basis for managing players on Cerebrum.

Ah. I didn't know that, seems like a valid concern. The piracy side doesn't really bother me, but I do see the reasoning behind not wanting a bunch of unique users.

Cortexian
August 3rd, 2009, 10:56 PM
thanks, i fixed the rec0 haloceded.

http://www.hivclan.net/stuff/haloceded.exe
Link doesn't work!

tythespy
August 4th, 2009, 12:25 AM
The piracy side doesn't really bother me, but I do see the reasoning behind not wanting a bunch of unique users.

Having random people come to your sever and botting and after you ban them they can come back again and bot some more.. doesn't sound like alot of fun.

StankBacon
August 4th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Link doesn't work!

odd....

http://www.filefront.com/14190311/haloceded.exe/

new link.

Limited
August 4th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Thought I'd just education people here. Since they have no idea wtf the industy is like.

Piracy doesn't generally take money out of the developer's pockets.

Um, yes it does. Firstly, developers get a fucking horrendous cut of the money the game makes any way. Out of the millions the game may make, the developers get a shit portion, you pirate is fucking them over even more. I had a link ages ago to the actual costs devs got for a few games and it was appalling , I cant find it now, It was either on Kotu or Gamasutra

Secondly, it costs to host the game. It costs to keep the game spy servers up and running. Its not free for the company to run the online side. They recoop the money from the sales. Which obviously, they dont get from pirated copies.

t3h m00kz
August 4th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Having random people come to your sever and botting and after you ban them they can come back again and bot some more.. doesn't sound like alot of fun.

That's only if you let botters bother you. I'm not one of those people. I had a banfree server up at one point, and botters always joined. Never bothered me a bit. I thought it was a bit lulzy if anything

StankBacon
August 4th, 2009, 04:42 AM
That's only if you let botters bother you. I'm not one of those people. I had a banfree server up at one point, and botters always joined. Never bothered me a bit. I thought it was a bit lulzy if anything

you completely missed the point, if we let any noob with whatever fake key they wanted join our servers, cerebrum would be useless.

the cd key/hash is a identifier, if we let anyone with a fake key join, it would compromise the whole system.

BrandiniMP
August 4th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Look, I dont car how you do it. Just get the server back to normal... It's not like Free to provide a shelter for pirates... mabye that's why it's so popular. :smith:

Fuck you, moron, i just told everyone how to fix it in ASM (because i cba to check the hex)

it's been done before.

Well obviously not, because if you're gunna crack it you would share it, unless ur a dickhead, additonally, before i removed the check, there was a method to make the server work without having to touch the hex (block port 29910, which Brutal Bizkit informed me of)

By the way Brandini...

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/PC/Action/Shooter/~r400122/ (http://www.gamestation.co.uk/PC/Action/Shooter/%7Er400122/)

http://www.game.co.uk/PC/Action/Shooter/~r268730/Halo-Combat-Evolved/?mid=268730 (http://www.game.co.uk/PC/Action/Shooter/%7Er268730/Halo-Combat-Evolved/?mid=268730)

£9.99, they are the same company as you may know, but both outlets have it.

Doesnt help anything, im 16, i have no job, ive finished school, and i dont get an allowance.

but thanks for the key.

I can test it, I wasn't aware that Brandini added this into my server so everyone stop blaming me...

A fix for halo ce can be downloaded here (http://home.scarlet.be/mathy/goemitar/downloads/haloceded_fix.exe).

1. Not a bug, its a patch/crack.

2. Thats pretty much what i said, i just couldnt be bothered to get the hex.

3. Thats only half of what needs to be done.

Thanks Omega! Love you long long time!

I wont bother helping you again, if im gunna get no appreciation.

Anyone who pirates Halo CE shouldn't be allowed to play the game.

Anyone who pirates 3DS Max shouldn't be allowed to model weapons for the game.

Go back to OpenArena with Blender, moneyless kiddies.

1. I downloaded the game when i was 14.

2. Halo is the only game i have actually pirated, i have pirated alot of stuff tho, but i dont give a shit.

3. @"OpenArena with Blender, moneyless kiddies." Go fuck yourself.

False, developers get paid to create the application, the promoter (EG Dev: Bungie, Promo: Microsoft) gets the income, occasionally the developers get some royalties.

Secondly, it costs to host the game. It costs to keep the game spy servers up and running. Its not free for the company to run the online side. They recoop the money from the sales. Which obviously, they dont get from pirated copies.

Gamespy uses the same server for a few games, the same master server is used for all halo versions, (separate for CE, PC and Trial).

Anyway all you ungrateful bastards can shove a 10 foot barge pole up your fucking ass, douche bags.

ShadowSpartan
August 4th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I wont bother helping you again, if im gunna get no appreciation.
You could have at least told Freelancer that you allowed for pirated keys to work in a server because of your edited executable. He was not aware you had removed the CD key check, so why should he be appreciative? The answer is: he shouldn't. Simple as that.

Fuck you, moron, i just told everyone how to fix it in ASM (because i cba to check the hex)
It shouldn't have needed fixing in the first place. Nowhere did anyone mention they wanted that removed from the executable, and last time I checked, you never even mentioned on Modacity that you were removing the check.

Well obviously not, because if you're gunna crack it you would share it, unless ur a dickhead, additonally, before i removed the check, there was a method to make the server work without having to touch the hex (block port 29910, which Brutal Bizkit informed me of)
Not everybody goes around sharing information on how to crack a game to allow fake keys to work like you do. Just because you do it does not mean that it has not been done in the past. You have a really big ego, and it will only make people dislike you.

Doesnt help anything, im 16, i have no job, ive finished school, and i dont get an allowance.
That's no excuse. At all. Surely you have enough money to buy a $20 copy of Halo PC. Oh wait, I forgot you spend it all on weed.

2. Halo is the only game i have actually pirated, i have pirated alot of stuff tho, but i dont give a shit.
I find that hard to believe. Considering you have no money whatsoever to buy Halo PC for $20, how could you have enough money to buy other things? Especially since you don't get an allowance, what is the world coming to when parents don't give their children allowances? :rolleyes: How about you mow a couple of lawns, that's an easy way to get money. Unless you are too good to do manual labor, or too high to operate a machine.

Anyway all you ungrateful bastards can shove a 10 foot barge pole up your fucking ass, douche bags.
Yeah, all of us are totally ungrateful. We should appreciate the fact that you want to encourage pirating Halo PC. Seriously though, get over yourself.