PDA

View Full Version : Yoyov2 Script Compatibility Testing

Inferno
August 4th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Alright. So as some of you noticed in the HCEL server the random tele did not work in the slightest.

Later on me my bitch (shadowspartan) and dwood and sdavis went into a standard hosted halo server. We did multiple tests on the random teleporter and it worked fine.

This is a bit odd. I think it has to do with rec0 or SAPP or synapse or something. I need you guys who have the map to test this on standard servers + rec0 SAPP OS and synaspe to see if one of these is breaking the teleports.

Make sure you get tests on clean halo player hosted servers and dedicated servers. Contact me (as always) to get a beta password. Also please test race vehicle spawns + panic shields while your at it.

+ rep to people who actually do it and post results.

BobtheGreatII
August 4th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Between getting killed, I did a lot of running to the switches and turning them on and off. And as far as I was aware, they were running fine, they were a little slow... but they seemed to sync. And I watched other people turn them on and off too.

I don't know how valid these results are because it was all in that beta test night.

Inferno
August 4th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Yeah the switches worked fine with rec0 from what I saw too. But I want to be 100% sure we know all problems with the map before release so we can add a compatibility and incompatibility list to the map.

edit-
must spread my rep fuck

Ki11a_FTW
August 4th, 2009, 04:12 PM
it works fine on normal\ dedicated servers, havent played it on a modded one though

English Mobster
August 4th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Worked fine on my normal dedi.

Inferno
August 4th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Alright then it must be a problem with rec0 synapse OS or SAPP.

klange
August 4th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Alright then it must be a problem with rec0 synapse OS or SAPP.
Synapse isn't out yet and none of the servers have run OS. SAPP was running during the last beta night, though.

sdavis117
August 4th, 2009, 04:28 PM
The version of Synapse that Bacon was using was client side. It could not have done anything to your scripts.

I would also bet my money on SAPP being the culprit.

TheGhost
August 4th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I was having problems with the panic room down on the beach. It would show the plasma stuff but I could walk right through it. The other doors/triggers seemed to work fine, albeit after a short wait.

yoyorast
August 4th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I was having problems with the panic room down on the beach. It would show the plasma stuff but I could walk right through it. The other doors/triggers seemed to work fine, albeit after a short wait.

Same for me

StankBacon
August 4th, 2009, 04:53 PM
rec0 was off for the test.

Dwood
August 4th, 2009, 06:34 PM

Try running it without SAPP

Rosco
August 4th, 2009, 06:42 PM
It was probably sapp. rec0 wasn't on.

Inferno
August 4th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Most likely SAPP. Someone test SAPP on then SAPP off.

EX12693
August 5th, 2009, 11:16 AM
God I hate SAPP. Turn it off in every server... :neckbeard: