PDA

View Full Version : Yoyorast Countdown has end : no betatest, no release unfortunalty... for now

Pages : [1] 2

yoyorast
August 5th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I'm so sad and so frustrated guys... :smith::smith::smith: I was hoping so bad we could test and release today... We were so close, so close... every last thing I wanted fixed, inferno fixed... there was just this low comp option idea he was finishing... but while he was working on this stuff, inferno made somthing wrong, then we had an exception when passing the random tele... He was trying to fix this but suddenly his parents forced him off his comp, end of the story...

Ok, so as you may know, I'm leaving tomorw with my girlfriend in Thailand for 3 weeks... I'll be able to talk a bit to inferno and partners through my iphone (when I get wifi)... anyway, I was ready to let inferno release the map during the next days or weeks.. but after talking to ShadowSpartan I changed my mind... Dam, I gave too much for this project, I want to keep controling/managing everything as I did from the begining, til the end... so the baby won't born without his father... This means there's a minimum of 3 weeks to wait before V2 can be released... 3 weeks are not that big afterall, compared to the years we already waited...
Also, this way, we'll be sure the map is absolutly perfect for release...

Off course you guys part of my beta team can keep on testing the shields and doors, the random teles... I mean, it must keep on progressing while Im not there... inferno, knows exaclty what's left to do : fix this new exception problem and have everything working...
But also, just a little something for you ferno, the Main Ground Texture size is back again as it was before... plz resized it again as you did yesterday.
2nd thing you can fix is on the custom hog, pasenger seat, you put the biped in the right position but his 1st view is still like if he had his ass down in the chair you know...
And off course you can keep inproving the random tele and shields/doors scripts if needed...

And, as we have this extra time, why not improve some other points like for you bacon : you could try to adjust the way the 2 sided bipeds (now in 3rd view) fire to target better than they are... I know its hard to do, but right now they really are fiering like 2 meters under the target...

Same for you Teh Lag, the ATV anims are perfect now, but you could try to fix the targeting issue witch is the same as the one I just describe on the custom hog...

And lastly, I know this is big work FieryScythe but maybe you could try this Custom UVS idea to make the lightmap even better...

If Ferno, you can fix all I said + the finish your low comp option idea and fix the exception issue, then we can release really fast after I'm back.
And partners, if you fix the targeting issues on these vehicles, it will only make the map even perfect. Firey, the lightmap is very good, I'm just talking to ya bout this UVS thing with no particular hope, it's just in case you're bored lol...

K, I'll get in touch wth you soon anyway inferno and friends...

The gods weren't with us tonight, but afterall it might be for the good of the project, it woul have been a bit precipitated to release it today... so in the end, the gods were with us :downs:

O and Wolf I red your critics bout the map, its all very welcome man... I'm too tired right now to answer to what you said, I will in the coming days... but one thing I can tell you, is that my 1st concern when starting V2 was to make the gameplay better and unique... I'm still thinking the map will be very welcomed by the true players and will have great success... maybe enormous success ;) and that it "will blow you" more than V1:neckbeard:

yoyo

Corvette19
August 5th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I'd rather wait for perfection, than get something that's not it's full potential. 3 weeks is not long :D

STLRamsFan
August 5th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Yoyorast look at it this way, you've worked hard on this for years so why rush now to release it? Only three weeks, not too bad. We would much rather have a finished product than unfinished product. Keep doing what you're doing.

tythespy
August 5th, 2009, 10:07 PM
If theirs a sever, I'll be their to beta test.

yea done good yoyo

Sel
August 5th, 2009, 10:21 PM
If theirs a sever, I'll be their to beta test.

yea done good yoyo

you heard it here first sever

you gotta be there for tythespy to come beta test (don't come)

Also, I know you want to finish this project, and it's almost done, but for now just chill, and let inferno work his magic. Hopefully it'll be ready for another release candidate when you get back.

tythespy
August 5th, 2009, 10:26 PM
you heard it here first sever

you gotta be there for tythespy to come beta test (don't come)

Don't talk

Maniac
August 5th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Him or sever?

Dwood
August 5th, 2009, 10:37 PM
With this added time I think we could do more with the User Interface. Like perhaps add a FOV command?

BobtheGreatII
August 5th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Sad dude. But I have no problem playing the beta until the day comes that you can finally release it. lol. :D

Sever
August 5th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Alright. I'm here. How the hell do I get this betatest going now?

EX12693
August 6th, 2009, 12:32 AM
YES! I'm going on a week long cruise from Florida through the Caribbean and it ends in 3 weeks! (Actually It's 6 days and 1 night) but anyway I'll be getting back sometime around when yoyo should.

(Ty thx for your cruise ideas... couldn't ge to texas tho...)

Yoyo v2=win.

n00b1n8R
August 6th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Inferno, hook me up with this shit. I've been itching for years and i gota scratch soon D:

PopeAK49
August 6th, 2009, 04:06 AM
3 weeks is really not long. The community can wait. The longer the wait, the more excited people will be of this. I mean this is going to be one of the best releases in halo ce history, I think it deserves 3 weeks. Modacity should set a time counter for this like they did for halo 2 vista. :raise:

yoyorast
August 6th, 2009, 04:09 AM
Well three weeks is in case inferno and team work on it til then... I'm sure the wil, my trust goes to inferno, fieryscythe and shadowspartan, they know what I want and dont want... anyway, the list of stuff to do is in the 1st post...

.Wolf™
August 6th, 2009, 05:47 AM
We shall test this and improve it further with our,courage,and our lack of knowlegde about beta testing:D

sevlag
August 6th, 2009, 06:24 AM
damn..i have to go back to school like 3 days before august ends :\ oh well

Limited
August 6th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Well I'd rather it be this way and wait, than to have it rushed and release be filled with bugs. It means they can now be ironed out :D

Have a nice holiday yoyo :)

FireScythe
August 6th, 2009, 10:34 AM
And lastly, I know this is big work FieryScythe but maybe you could try this Custom UVS idea to make the lightmap even better...
Not going to happen as I can't get Aether to save a BSP that isn't messed up in some way.

English Mobster
August 6th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I'm willing to wait that long for V2 to be released. I know Inferno will have the bugs ironed out by then.

yoyorast
September 1st, 2009, 04:55 PM
YO guys, I'm back, so tired with the time "distortion" lol, thailande was great.. Hope you could fix / go forward on the listed modifs Inferno.. anyway, if there's still stuff to work on, now I'm here to boost you man.. t2u tomorow man, I'm off bed for now... try to have the maximum of stuff fixed for tomorow if you can ferno.. thks man ;) We're almost there :)

and Lag, if you can work on this fire angle (180° instead of 170°) for ATV backseat biped... if not done yet.. thks

Inferno
September 1st, 2009, 04:57 PM
Yeah uh... I haven't really made any progress. I've been really lazy.

Guess I should get on that. :v:

edit-

Except I did figure out exactly what causes the problem but it requires me to back up the script like 4 versions.

Dr Pepper
September 1st, 2009, 05:32 PM

edit-

Except I did figure out exactly what causes the problem but it requires me to back up the script like 4 versions.
:neckbeard:Thy day has nearly come

yoyorast
September 2nd, 2009, 04:07 AM

edit-

I was expecting that lol... but now I wont give you rest man ;)

So you figured out what fucked up the map the day we wanted to release? Caused by the down spec mode script?

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 2nd, 2009, 05:37 AM
Welcome back yoyo!

Limited
September 2nd, 2009, 05:59 AM
3 weeks and the issue hasnt been resolved? Wow, I can see why v2 is taking so long.

English Mobster
September 2nd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Blame Inferno. =P

Inferno
September 2nd, 2009, 03:26 PM
Hey come on guys. At least I actually got the map done.

I'm just don't want to have to re-write that script for the 10th time. :gonk:

Dr Pepper
September 2nd, 2009, 10:32 PM
10th times the charm

TitanNoBitchingHost
September 2nd, 2009, 10:57 PM
10th times the charm

I said it today: "Third time and after is the charm."

You have the problem, and see the solution. Countdown to game time. Once again, thanks for all your hard work. (Inferno, I'm actually going to reinstall Unreal because of you)

yoyorast
September 3rd, 2009, 05:20 PM
ok, since i didnt got the chance to catch u on aim yet inferno, here's a little recap of what's left to be done :
- fix the exception problem we had since the low comp option integration and have this option working..
- the Main Ground Texture size is back again as it was before ( not been saved i guess)... plz resized it again as you did last time.
- on the custom hog, pasenger seat, you put the biped Back in the right position but his 1st view is still like if he had his ass down in the chair you know... Plz correct this.
- And off course you can keep improving the random tele and shields/doors scripts if needed...

For TheLag : as i told u a few days ago, u just need to reanim the backseat biped for him to rotate til 180 degree intead of 170..

Thks guys. Plz do this as soon as you can, its not that much i guess.. Then we'll be able to do the hopefully last beta..

T2u guys soon.

sevlag
September 3rd, 2009, 05:56 PM
yahoo :D

dwight has fakeworld ready anytime its needed :D

tythespy
September 3rd, 2009, 07:49 PM
I thought it was rdy to debug :ugh:

Siliconmaster
September 4th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Sweet. Awaiting further news with anticipation.

EX12693
September 5th, 2009, 12:17 AM
There is sooo little time left. School starts back up in 3 days. 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Pepper
September 5th, 2009, 12:28 AM
There is sooo little time left. School starts back up in 3 days. 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
today was my 3rd day of school lol

EX12693
September 5th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Err... U.S. schoold dont start till 3 days, or at least the ones near me.

Horns
September 5th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Err... U.S. schoold dont start till 3 days, or at least the ones near me.

I live in the US and Ive been in school for 2 weeks.

Corndogman
September 5th, 2009, 09:43 AM
school starts at different times in different places

/offtopic

Keep up the good work guys!

/attempt to stay on topic

sevlag
September 5th, 2009, 09:45 AM
school starts at different times in different places

/offtopic

Keep up the good work guys!

/attempt to stay on topic
you did good to stay on topic :D

anyways like everyone else has been sayin, we're rootin for ya

Inferno
September 5th, 2009, 11:45 AM
If only I wasn't addicted to UE3. :saddowns:

I swear as soon as I started using it I was mesmerized. No other engine has ever done this to me. I usually get pissed while trying to learn new game engines and go back to halo. :ohdear:

ShadowSpartan
September 5th, 2009, 11:55 AM

I swear as soon as I started using it I was mesmerized. No other engine has ever done this to me. I usually get pissed while trying to learn new game engines and go back to halo. :ohdear:
You should have finished Yoyo V2 before you started playing with UE3. You had a little under a month, and you accomplished nothing.

Dr Pepper
September 5th, 2009, 01:19 PM

Go to rehab and see a psychiatrist.

yoyorast
September 5th, 2009, 05:07 PM
God, inferno, it's not that big to accomplish, plz let's get to work man...

Inferno
September 5th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Me and some friends are going to record a pilot podcast. I swear after that I will work on yoyov2.

Horns
September 5th, 2009, 05:40 PM

Yoyorast for UT3?

EX12693
September 5th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Yoyorast for UT3?
But do the one for Halo first. GET TO WORK.

Inferno
September 5th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Oups sorry guys I thought you wanted me to do the UT3 version first.

It'll only take a few more years. :-3

sdavis117
September 5th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Me and some friends are going to record a pilot podcast. I swear after that I will work on yoyov2.

Wait, what?

Also, you do have a good point. I have been learning UE3, and other than the slow speed (which could be explained by my crappy PC), I am quite liking it.

Inferno
September 5th, 2009, 09:04 PM
RageHax Podcast.

We failed at recording it. Half way through my parents where getting annoyed at us and we had to stop.

Also brian was owning me so bad and I was getting pissed. He is by far the biggest flak cannon whore of all time.

Jean-Luc
September 5th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Also brian was owning me so bad and I was getting pissed. He is by far the biggest flak cannon whore of all time.
You haven't met me :realsmug:

Now get to work on Yoyo plz

Dr Pepper
September 5th, 2009, 10:11 PM
stop lollygaging

TitanNoBitchingHost
September 5th, 2009, 10:55 PM
:saddowns: Still waiting.

(Off topic: Reading this forum makes me feel old. I graduated from highschool in 98. Don't worry guys, after school, you just work every day until you die. Hopefully you find a job that doesn't make you want to die sooner. On the other hand, HaloCE is how I relax at night. I come in and shoot the teenagers.)

n00b1n8R
September 6th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Get back to work or I'll start -18'ing you every time I can. <:mad:>
I wana see pooky's chopped up balls more than anybody.

PS send me a beta~

yoyorast
September 6th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Still unreachable on AIM :( Hope you could make started working man... time is passing...

EX12693
September 6th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Yoyo. Bad news. Every time I see him on xfire, he's playing UT3. :effort:

flibitijibibo
September 6th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Hey, Inferno! It's me, responsibility! Why haven't I heard from you lately?

Either finish the fucking job, or admit that you don't feel like doing it so yoyo can find a replacement for you. You had those 3 weeks to get the job done while he was gone, and you did other projects instead. While I can't blame you for wanting to go to a new engine, it's another thing to pretend that you're going to do it when you have clearly shown that you have no interest in completing yoyov2, even after yoyo came back. Is it not embarrassing to have him get on your ass in front of the entire forum? It's not funny, it's not cute, it's annoying everyone, particularly the guy who picked you and only you to get this shit done.

If I had to bring back the Dishonorable Mention segment, the winner would be the easiest goddamn choice in my life.

Edit- Rage spoiler'd. All I needed was an explanation.

Inferno
September 6th, 2009, 10:27 PM
It's the fact that I'm really stumped on the problem. Every time I go to work on it I just get more and more fucked. I don't have the version from the blind sucks build so I can't revert. But I can't figure out the problem either. I'll get it eventually.

The unreal thing is cause I've been playing LAN all weekend. I went out skating today as well.

edit-

I'm so damn tired but I'm doing some debug right now. I found some old txt's where I saved scripts removed in previous builds. I'm going to re-implement some of them and see if it fixes this.

Inferno
September 6th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Oh wow I think I fixed it. I added a 3rd of a second sleep between teleport checks and reverted a section of the script back to blind_sucks edition. This is basically a hybrid.

Now we need sinow to do the new-new menu options and I'll merge the old optimize and re-syncs and where good to go again.

TitanNoBitchingHost
September 10th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Any closer? Need any help from anyone on the forums?

Inferno
September 10th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Just waiting on sinow's menu. (which he said will be done tonight) And teh lags animations which will be done tomorrow.

Sinow
September 11th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Sorry boys - no menu tonight. Be done tomorrow, since all I need to do is reposition a few things a voila. I couldn't get it done tonight, sorry - I was working on a huge music menu installment.

yoyorast
September 11th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Anyway, the big betatest should happen Monday. This will give enough time to ShadowSpartan to polish the map protection system he is working on.

n00b1n8R
September 11th, 2009, 05:18 AM
send me a betaaaaaaa~~~~
Like ASAP so i can lan test it for you.
(lan is in <2 days)

Inferno
September 11th, 2009, 03:16 PM
You have to be on AIM or Xfire to get it from me noob.

skz333
September 11th, 2009, 03:51 PM
wow yoyorast2 ......just wow

Sinow
September 11th, 2009, 08:09 PM
IT IS DONE[/darthvader]

http://www.xfire.com/video/138ca4/

Anything I should improve? (Other than the on/off buttons positioning - I tweaked that a little)

Dwood
September 11th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Sorry guys i wish i could join for the final beta but i cant. (have to get a job... or sit at home not doing anything at all...) I might be able to get a dedi up for it if yoyo still wants me to host, however.

English Mobster
September 13th, 2009, 08:52 PM
I will be able to get a dedi up, if you guys want me to.

TitanNoBitchingHost
September 13th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I will be hosting a Yoyo2 dedicated as soon as it comes out, but I will be reverting to v1.06. ((I do have a legal copy, most of my favorite players are on the 1.06. I have updated to 1.08 long ago, but I miss my peeps.))

If anyone still plays on 1.06, check out the No Bitching server: 75.186.123.152::2302

Still playing nothing but Yoyorast right now.
2 cycles of Slayer, 1 Team Slayer, 1 CTF and 1 Race round.

AAA
September 13th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I would also like to test, please.

XFire: aaa12

I only want this map to be as perfect as can be, I have no desire for it's release until then.

t3h m00kz
September 13th, 2009, 11:47 PM
I'd like to test

You all know my XFire

Dr Pepper
September 13th, 2009, 11:55 PM
I believe I am worthy to test also

xfire: 123rolyet

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 14th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Inferno had me in on a previous one, so I'd say I am qualified :).
Yoyo has me on aim anyways :P

n00b1n8R
September 14th, 2009, 02:56 AM
You know my xfire, if I'm not at school when it happens and you want to test with somebody on 300 ping :v:

.Wolf™
September 14th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I dont want to test this time,thats ok?:P

sevlag
September 14th, 2009, 01:53 PM
stop stealing street signs inferno >:U

Inferno
September 14th, 2009, 03:16 PM
stop stealing street signs inferno >:U

Fuck you there mine.

sevlag
September 14th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Fuck you there mine.
give me a no parking zone one atleast:P

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 14th, 2009, 03:50 PM
give me a no parking zone one atleast:P

Are you trying not to get laid?

sevlag
September 14th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Are you trying not to get laid?
how'd you know? xD

TitanNoBitchingHost
September 15th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Fuck you they're mine.

I agree, taxes paid= sign ownership.

How did yesterday's test go? Any notes to share with the public? (Lot's of very excited people waiting to drool on and discuss even the slightest details)

chrisk123999
September 15th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Didn't test yet I think.

yoyorast
September 15th, 2009, 07:10 PM
May the big beta begin guys!

sevlag
September 15th, 2009, 07:13 PM
hoping to attend :\

NVM...

Limited
September 15th, 2009, 07:21 PM
18.6kb/s....bleeding hell

Timo
September 15th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Where's the server? I have class in half an hour :x

Sel
September 15th, 2009, 07:22 PM
If you need to use the HCEL server yoyo, I can upload it there for you.

Needles
September 15th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Where can you download the beta? Xfire is madkiller92 if you need it.

AAA
September 15th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Let us know how it goes!! I was looking forward to trying, but I guess I'm not not posse enough, huh? :ohdear:

StankBacon
September 15th, 2009, 08:12 PM
disappointing as usual... doors and teles don't work.

chrisk123999
September 15th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Let me see the script. I think I know why.

Inferno
September 15th, 2009, 08:29 PM
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/42b417a8f312308e87cc6ee197c2992b53832bba.png

</beta>

Maps still broken. I'm going to try 1 more time.

yoyorast
September 15th, 2009, 08:30 PM
doors worked fine for me and most of people I guess, but tele didn't..

Skyline
September 15th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Cheater :saddowns:.

Limited
September 15th, 2009, 08:50 PM
You need to find the actual cause of it working periodically. I think its to do with player indexes, but that doesnt help knowing it. Remove some other scripts and retest, we need to see if its error with scripts or if the server is just under too much load and spazzing out. (Which I think latter is happening)

Timo
September 15th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Doors worked for me sometimes. I was warping in the server too much to actually play the map - kept warping off the edges while driving and walking. I warped through the panic door at one point too :\

Inferno
September 15th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Everyone back on AIM and xfire. There is going to be a retest. Talk to yohan about it.

Dr Pepper
September 15th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I wanna test, aaahh :ugh:

yoyorast
September 15th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Ok, in the end, its still not ready but progres ve been made, it seems the randm tele are working now, thanks to Chris idea and to inferno.
doors and shileds seems to work, maybe not 100% sync.. not sure.. what do you say guys?
there still some duplicated vehicle problems apprently..
+ some little things I'll talk with inferno..

so not yet done, but positive. :)

Limited
September 15th, 2009, 10:38 PM
:D GJ Chris

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1153/xsmall.png (http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7670/65245074.png)

when you see it..you'll see it

Cortexian
September 16th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Send meh killcam.

Also, apparently it works with Rec0's app with the exception of the /destroy and such.

AAA
September 16th, 2009, 12:52 AM
:D GJ Chris

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1153/xsmall.png (http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7670/65245074.png)

when you see it..you'll see it

Is that tree there okay?....

Dwood
September 16th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Its perfectly feasible so why hasnt anyone thought to use OS to get doors and stuff to sync? Probably would allow for YoYo v2 to release by now and been less work for Ltd.

yoyorast
September 16th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Can somebody explain me what is OS plz :confused2:

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 16th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Open sauce is pretty much a whole new editing environment for Halo CE, and can pretty much be expanded into whatever the coder is able to do.

sevlag
September 16th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Open sauce is pretty much a whole new editing environment for Halo CE, and can pretty much be expanded into whatever the coder is able to do.
but if a map is OS it requires players of that map to have the OS app in order to utilize any and all OS features on map

Dwood
September 16th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Basically what it does is it allows the programmer to manipulate in-game data.

For instance, one could get from a client that they are opening a door, and send that data to the servers who in turn sends that to the clients.

All of the extra networking would have to be coded unless you used chat to send the data.

Probly tmi but i digress.

n00b1n8R
September 16th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Don't bother with it, not enough people use OS so it's going to heavily restrict who can play the map (probably why Inferno hasn't tried to use it yet anyway vOv)

Dwood
September 16th, 2009, 05:43 PM
With that reasoning, why develop for OS at all?

yoyorast
September 16th, 2009, 06:18 PM
O ye ok... seems cool... but it's exactly what I don't want... I mean, have an extra app installed... I want every noob out there be able to play the map with basic CE.

EX12693
September 16th, 2009, 06:26 PM
I haven't been in the latest test, and I found some stuff no one else did in the earlier betas. GIVE MEH DA MAP!

Dwood
September 16th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Haha yeah... but it isnt that hard to install OS. How about you save the map's tag files when you release, just in case? I assume you're going to protect v2.

tythespy
September 16th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I want every noob out there be able to play the map with basic CE.

I haven't been in the latest test, GIVE MEH DA MAP!

I think he means when the map is released, so you gotta wait.

EX12693
September 16th, 2009, 06:39 PM
... I did it before... I'll do it again.

Inferno
September 16th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Good news.
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/feba7bfeab676413de2c4cae54927d37f7601d61.png

Server side likes me. Dedi side likes me. Everyone does! :iamafag:

chrisk123999
September 16th, 2009, 08:45 PM
2 of the 4 checks I made.

EX12693
September 16th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Well yoyo said I'll be testing tomorrow... so I might not like you...:gonk:

Dr Pepper
September 16th, 2009, 11:09 PM
I will probably too, also I don't get your post

.Wolf™
September 16th, 2009, 11:18 PM
*Sigh* There are alot of opinions about how he acts,so dont ask:P

StankBacon
September 17th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Good news.

Server side likes me. Dedi side likes me. Everyone does! :iamafag:

*gets excited*

no j/k i stopped caring after the last 100 failed betas.

Sel
September 17th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Bacon you're not nearly enough of a pessimist.

StankBacon
September 17th, 2009, 03:16 PM
<3

Inferno
September 17th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Get on xfire and AIM again. It's time for another failed beta!

Higuy
September 17th, 2009, 03:28 PM
hey
get the server up before 8 so i can actually play this time
:downs:

Inferno
September 17th, 2009, 03:31 PM
It's going to be up in a minute. Everyone get your asses online.

StankBacon
September 17th, 2009, 03:47 PM
server ?

sdavis117
September 17th, 2009, 05:05 PM
That was fun, and I didn't have any errors.

chrisk123999
September 17th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Fix the palm trees and give the splazor a pickup icon. Otherwise it was fun.

Inferno
September 17th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Where fixing last few issues on the map. Maybe one more test tommarow then release.

Teleporters work. Server syncs. Doors work.

Yoyorast Island 2 FINALLY works.

http://video.xfire.com/140d0c-4.jpg (http://www.xfire.com/video/140d0c/)

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/7d83e02b6ab057b667ef4e5c53f44cd4bde37e93.png

taterSALAD
September 17th, 2009, 06:09 PM
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1103639/loli.jpg

sdavis117
September 17th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I was talking about the beach panic room being busted in the video Inferno posted. That was a client-side graphics error that did not repeat itself. The shield looked on for me and me only, and was actually off. Not that big of a deal.

yoyorast
September 17th, 2009, 07:39 PM
It seems it could be for tomorow.. but I don't want to rush it if it's not 100% done.
It's depending a lot on ShadowSpartan now who might have his protection system ready.. or not.. by tomorow...
Still needs to integrate a menu fix from Sinow.. and make this option menu work (resync option and low comp option) I nerver could test this yet...
Incorporate the update credit texture I just updated
Ferno, you won't have to forget to remove all server text appearing on screen also...

+ we'll have to test this (hopefully last build) on a real dedi... probably Freelancer's...

K see ya tomorow guys

Edit :

I was talking about the beach panic room being busted in the video Inferno posted. That was a client-side graphics error that did not repeat itself. The shield looked on for me and me only, and was actually off. Not that big of a deal.

God, I had this too in the yesterday build with e3po... this is a real issue.. damit

sdavis117
September 17th, 2009, 07:51 PM
No, I was downloading a BF2142 update in the background. It was probably my fault.

chrisk123999
September 17th, 2009, 08:34 PM
If worse comes to worse, I have an alternate door syncing method. Although it would mean redoing all the door scripts.

sdavis117
September 17th, 2009, 09:23 PM
If worse comes to worse, I have an alternate door syncing method. Although it would mean redoing all the door scripts.

No, I lied, everything worked perfectly. The door even cured my cancer.

Really, it isn't that big of a deal. Like I said, I was downloading some crap that probably messed with the script. No Script is perfect.

TitanNoBitchingHost
September 18th, 2009, 03:14 PM
No, I lied, everything worked perfectly. The door even cured my cancer.

Finally, a cancer curing script. You have no idea how many people have been looking for that! Too bad they may rewrite it to attempt perfection. I guess release is still out of our grasp.:smith:

AAA
September 18th, 2009, 03:29 PM
............Another test to make sure, mb?

tythespy
September 18th, 2009, 03:33 PM
why not, maybe call this one final beta?

yoyorast
September 18th, 2009, 04:00 PM
ShadowSpartan is not showing him on AIM for now.. hope he gets on soon and he has his protection system ready...

Higuy
September 18th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Why protect the map if your going to release most of the content people would want in it ?

Ganon
September 18th, 2009, 04:08 PM
why protect a map at all, this is halo ce.

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 18th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I'll be ready to test when you need me :D

yoyorast
September 18th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Do you guys ever heard about exclusive content? Well, I believe success comes from the qualities of a product but if you can't find those, or some of those quality in other concurent products, this makes people want your product even more. I mean it's one key of the success.
I'm not sure the protection is not breakable... but it can protect the map for some time maybe... and, anyway, I'm asking people to respect the way I want it to be and don't try to extract anything... + if you guys wait like one more month, I guess Matooba will release the ATV to everyone... we had a deal about this.

Thanks guys

ShadowSpartan
September 18th, 2009, 04:55 PM
why protect a map at all, this is halo ce.
Why does it concern you? People have their reasons for protecting tags, just let it be.

I'm not sure the protection is not breakable... but it can protect the map for some time maybe... and, anyway, I'm asking people to respect the way I want it to be and don't try to extract anything...
Any protection can be gotten past if you have a person who is determined enough to do so. And trust me, there are some bitches like that in this community. The current protection only makes it harder for people to extract the tags because there is only so much you can do with a map file. I only wish I had more time to finish my new protection method, but school has slowed down the progress of my programming projects.

n00b1n8R
September 18th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Able to test this time~

Inferno
September 18th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Being sick sucks. It makes you all coughy and headachey and shit.

I'll work on yoyorast tomorrow when I'm not feeling like dieing.

Dr Pepper
September 18th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Being sick sucks. It makes you all coughy and headachey and shit.

I'll work on yoyorast tomorrow when I'm not feeling like dieing.
I feel the same here

yoyorast
September 18th, 2009, 08:27 PM
New little betatest right now for usual testers but no release today... there's some work remaining on the menu and Sinow is offline.. hope he'll show himself before late tomorow... tomrorow woud be a good day to release... ;)

HDoan
September 18th, 2009, 08:47 PM
My pc is being extremely laggy today =/ Sorry I can't attend.

Higuy
September 18th, 2009, 08:55 PM
i tried joining and it said it would not connect.
whatever

chrisk123999
September 18th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Probably just nit-picking but,
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/792d4b3f8a7b552cd029df2f70454236cc3c97b8.jpg (http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/chrisk123999/ss_file-792d4b3f8a7b552cd029df2f70454236cc3c97b8.jpg)
Looks painful.

Inferno
September 18th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I'll re-do that I guess.

Also...

ENTIRE TEAM IS BABYS!

That test was awesome. I think that is releasable but were going to fine tune and touch up a few things before we do. :iamafag:

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 18th, 2009, 09:21 PM
ENTIRE INFERNO IS MAGGOT

Kalub
September 18th, 2009, 09:27 PM
http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/55967-1/notsureifserious_joker.jpg

Inferno
September 18th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I vry srs.

Look how srs. I'm about to go get my camera so I can take a picture of my face cause I'm so fucking srs right now guys.

Kalub
September 18th, 2009, 09:56 PM
http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/53710-1/Good_good.jpg

yoyorast
September 18th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Bad news , at the last minute of test Chris found and we could verify it, a sync problem with some doors.. Hope you can find out something to fix that man along with inferno..
Release maybe not for tomorow afterall unfortuantly.. :(

And about the idea of retouching the ATV driver anim, plz Ferno, drop the idea.. it's not perfect as it is , its true, but anyway there si a proportion problem between the ATV seat and the biped legs... you 'll be able to make the biped back not cross the bar but he'll find himself in a not so cool postion.. belive me, it has been so long and hard to reach this point.. it's satisfying.. we keep it as it is, thanks man.

sdavis117
September 18th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Bad news , at the last minute of test Chris found and we could verify it, a sync problem with some doors.. Hope you can find out something to fix that man along with inferno..
Release maybe not for tomorow afterall unfortuantly.. :(

Chris was lieing. That lieing liar. He lies more than Inferno uses Hax. Which is a lot. The scripts are perfect. They solve world hunger.

chrisk123999
September 18th, 2009, 10:17 PM
We all had doors that got stuck open. Something went wrong, cause Yoyo was able to see it fine, but some of us couldn't.

Inferno, message me tomorrow. I think I know what went wrong.

sdavis117
September 18th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Nothing to worry about, just some dropped packets. Add some redundency to the doors.

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 18th, 2009, 10:23 PM
btw, I was fucking around with one of the doors, so....

chrisk123999
September 18th, 2009, 10:25 PM
The doors shouldn't break from using them to much. That is something that would be expected to happen and should be made to withstand. Plus it was happening to 3 doors by my count.

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 18th, 2009, 10:39 PM
ps i was spamming the buttons

chrisk123999
September 18th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Yes, I know. It should still be made to withstand that.

If not fixed, the noobs would join servers and spam the buttons just to make the map unplayable and / or crash it.

Kalub
September 18th, 2009, 10:53 PM
http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/50318-1/youbestbejokingnigger.jpg

n00b1n8R
September 18th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Yes, I know. It should still be made to withstand that.

If not fixed, the noobs would join servers and spam the buttons just to make the map unplayable and / or crash it.
^^^^

Dwood
September 18th, 2009, 11:10 PM
That's why I suggest someone call up a willing programmer to integrate YoYoV2 with OS so doors can sync properly.

ShadowSpartan
September 18th, 2009, 11:31 PM
That's why I suggest someone call up a willing programmer to integrate YoYoV2 with OS so doors can sync properly.
Yoyo does not want to use OS, he has already stated that (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showpost.php?p=461968&postcount=110). I don't know what is so hard to understand about that. Yoyorast V2 will not be an OS required map, simple as that.

Horns
September 18th, 2009, 11:34 PM
The only way that could work is if you actually made an installer that installed OS and the map at the same time. Instead of just a map download that you have to manually install you would download a .exe that installed the map and os to where people wouldn't even have to know what os was. But i'm not sure how all that would work out. Just a thought.

Cortexian
September 19th, 2009, 02:39 AM
You wouldn't need an installer, all you'd have to do is package everything in the correct directory structure so that when you extract the files it puts the map in the maps folder and OS in the installation folder. Not hard at all, and all the noobs would even understand it once it didn't work and they went back and read the readme.txt that we'd include.

But it's not going to happen I don't think, so there's no need to debate it.

I'm still of the belief that the map works fine with Rec0's app as it is right now, as long as no one uses the /destroy, /lo3, or /reset commands. Yoyorast, can we test with the app sometime during the next test on my server?

Also,
http://freelancer.modacity.net/pics/softth/HaloCE/SoftTH_HaloCE_002.jpg

sevlag
September 19th, 2009, 05:53 AM
>picture<is the supposed to be the map loader screen for when the map starts up or what?

yoyorast
September 19th, 2009, 06:15 AM
You wouldn't need an installer, all you'd have to do is package everything in the correct directory structure so that when you extract the files it puts the map in the maps folder and OS in the installation folder. Not hard at all, and all the noobs would even understand it once it didn't work and they went back and read the readme.txt that we'd include.

But it's not going to happen I don't think, so there's no need to debate it.

I'm still of the belief that the map works fine with Rec0's app as it is right now, as long as no one uses the /destroy, /lo3, or /reset commands. Yoyorast, can we test with the app sometime during the next test on my server?

Also,
http://freelancer.modacity.net/pics/softth/HaloCE/SoftTH_HaloCE_002.jpg

Free, it's been a dam big luck we had yesterday to find the door sync problem... I mean problems are hided and it's compicated enough to find them that we're not going to add any potentiential problem caused by anykind of apps... I mean, not before during the "last" test, it's the last thing to do... or the 1st thing to do if you wanna get confused... once the map will be released you guys will be able to experiment alls the apps you want...

Nice pic by the way.

AAA
September 19th, 2009, 07:07 AM
before release, may I suggest a closed beta test with more than 16 players? (2 Servers)

It would be more precise in finding any more bugs. Seriously, you can always test a map on one server, but evey time I turn around, others including myself end up finding bugs or issues within a finalized map that were NEVER caught during the test gameplays.

Basically, what I'm asking is that you broaden your testing area from a certain group of people.
Not now, but when the final beta is ready for testing.

tythespy
September 19th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Free, it's been a dam big luck we had yesterday to find the door sync problem... I mean problems are hided and it's compicated enough to find them that we're not going to add any potentiential problem caused by anykind of apps...

I found a shortcut that i made 5 out of 8 try's that should be fixed:

http://video.xfire.com/14310f-4.jpg (http://www.xfire.com/video/14310f/)

and a invisible wall next to it (not a big deal) but it makes a better shortcut if you can pull it off and make it over the high wall walk (witch i did another try (not in video)) and i didn't die by the death barrier the first time

http://video.xfire.com/14310f-4.jpg (http://www.xfire.com/video/14310f/)

.Wolf™
September 19th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Not a big deal really if you loose health.

tythespy
September 19th, 2009, 11:05 AM
you can skipp half of the track and go right to the flag with hog

Cortexian
September 19th, 2009, 11:23 AM
There's a quicker way down than that as well, tough I won't go into any detail since it's known and extremely easy to do.

tythespy
September 19th, 2009, 11:31 AM
shouldn't some one add an invisible wall or something to prevent that

Cortexian
September 19th, 2009, 11:49 AM
shouldn't some one add an invisible wall or something to prevent that
No more modeling is going to be done, I'm pretty sure that's been stated a lot already.

tythespy
September 19th, 2009, 12:34 PM
hmm, just sucks that new the yoyorast has a bunch of shortcuts

.Wolf™
September 19th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Dont use them, and you will be fine.

tythespy
September 19th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Dont use them, and you will be fine.

once the public knows them, everyone's gonna try and do them.

EX12693
September 19th, 2009, 04:02 PM
No map can like this can be perfect shortcut-wise. Leave it be.

Inferno
September 19th, 2009, 04:18 PM

Nice use of words.

Cortexian
September 19th, 2009, 05:10 PM
:ugh:

yoyorast
September 19th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I have to say this shortcut is annoying... dam

Siliconmaster
September 19th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I have to say this shortcut is annoying... dam

Worse comes to worse, can't you create an invisible collision-only shortcut blocker scenery object? Might not be quite as durable as player clipping, but it wouldn't require a radiosity or bsp modification.

yoyorast
September 19th, 2009, 08:19 PM
- Are you sure it would require a new radiosity? Cause this is one shortcut defenatly worth to fix... The other idea I have is to set the fall damage a little bit higher...
- The other thing to yet to be fixed is the door/shiled sync REAL problem, I couldn't talk to inferno bout this yet, Chris may have some idea on how to fix it...
Da map wont be out before these 2 things are fixed... so, it's not for today unfortunalty.. + inferno seems to be sicker than yesterday..

Inferno
September 19th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Fuck swine flu. It's the curse of yoyorast v2. We get close to release again and I get sick.

:maddowns:

sdavis117
September 19th, 2009, 08:51 PM
You can't release YoyoV2. It is impossible.

Inferno
September 19th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I need a tactical -rep bomb on swine flu.

GO ROSSmUM!

Dwood
September 19th, 2009, 09:11 PM
You can't release YoyoV2. It is impossible.

It is like a parabola... there's one point where it will never reach without truncating what makes the gameplay.

n00b1n8R
September 19th, 2009, 10:15 PM
hmm, just sucks that new the yoyorast has a bunch of shortcuts
shortcuts have always been a big part of what made yoyorast1 unique and fun, just as long as they weren't too game breaking.

EX12693
September 20th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Well, it's not like it matters. So what someone can get to the flag faster... they still have to go around the rest of the course, and they can just as easily be killed. I found a shortcut in a ghost that completely skips the beach, but yoyo didnt care. Why should we care about this one?

yoyorast
September 20th, 2009, 04:19 AM
Well, it's not like it matters. So what someone can get to the flag faster... they still have to go around the rest of the course, and they can just as easily be killed. I found a shortcut in a ghost that completely skips the beach, but yoyo didnt care. Why should we care about this one?

You can't compare those 2 shortucuts man... I didn't care because it only maked you skip the beach.. taking this one, you skip the entire ramp from garage to beach + from beach to the place were he lands in the vid witch is half the entire track.
I know there's still some shortcuts in V2 but nothing big, the little ones remaining are part of the game... and guys dont tell me there's like a bunch of them in V2, I've spent the last 2 years with some partners to look and fix them by remodeling and remodeling again dam..

.Wolf™
September 20th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Fuck swine flu. It's the curse of yoyorast v2. We get close to release again and I get sick.

:maddowns:
Oh yeah, Sorry bout that.

Inferno
September 20th, 2009, 08:50 AM
My throat is still exploding with pain. :saddowns: I just swallowed some Listerine. Yeah it's that bad.

What are the symptoms of a tonsil infection? I know that it makes your throat hurt bad but I can't remember. I've never had my tonsils out. :raise:

I'm going to go chill out with some crash free fallout 3.

sevlag
September 20th, 2009, 09:31 AM
My throat is still exploding with pain. :saddowns: I just swallowed some Listerine. Yeah it's that bad.

What are the symptoms of a tonsil infection? I know that it makes your throat hurt bad but I can't remember. I've never had my tonsils out. :raise:

I'm going to go chill out with some crash free fallout 3.go get the enclave commander mod and the classic "advanced power armor" the second one is a addon that gives you classic fallout 2 armor

Inferno
September 20th, 2009, 10:10 AM
If mods actually worked...

TitanNoBitchingHost
September 20th, 2009, 01:58 PM
... and guys dont tell me there's like a bunch of them in V2, I've spent the last 2 years with some partners to look and fix them by remodeling and remodeling again dam..

I wouldn't sweat them at all. You did extremely well on version 1, and I'm sure version 2 will be the same. Half the fun for a lot of us was to find the unintentional shortcuts that took time and practice to find and execute. You just can't predict how people are going to team up, park vehicles to use as ladders, or nade themselves or others to overcome obstacles. It's one of the greater parts of the Halo CE universe.

In about 5 years, I am sure there will be another hundred videos on Youtube showing how to shortcut from 'point a' to 'point b' using 'method a' or 'method b'. It's what people do. Especially when they can't get into their favorite servers, or while waiting patiently for someone to join their game. You just screw around trying to drive a hog into the walking path of the tunnels to set a trap, or find a shortcut that means you can toss a flag through a teleporter to a waiting teammate to save time. It ADDs a challenge and doesn't detract from the gameplay. You have spent a lot of time on the modeling already, and I thank you for that, because it's taken the map to a level that will require skill and time to get shortcuts. Just like version 1.

StankBacon
September 20th, 2009, 04:20 PM
there is a pretty massive invis wall by the sniper at the tower, that you hit while trying to snipe the flag.....

yoyorast
September 20th, 2009, 05:44 PM
really? damit... I'll check this out..

sevlag
September 20th, 2009, 06:17 PM
there is a pretty massive invis wall by the sniper at the tower, that you hit while trying to snipe the flag.....
if only it could be infront of spawn bases

Lateksi
September 21st, 2009, 05:42 AM
if only it could be infront of spawn bases

lol, quotin dis.

yoyorast
September 21st, 2009, 05:55 AM

I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right place but I didn't found any invisible wall..

Inferno
September 21st, 2009, 09:46 AM
There were 1 or 2 invis walls I ran into. And there is the one that can be used to shortcut. And there is this new one that bacon found.

I think we need to make a final change to the model.

yoyorast
September 21st, 2009, 10:30 AM
Wow op op op ooop inferno, you know how it can become a nightmare to remodel and find even more invisible walls than before... I won't remodel anything unless it's not really necessary.. for now, I'd say the 1st shortcut (shown in xfire vid) can be fixed by pushing up the falling damage a little bit...
Now about the bacon invisible wall... I'd like someone to show it to me on a pic or something... I didn't found anything..

TheGhost
September 21st, 2009, 11:45 AM
There is a command in Sapien to show the invisible walls.

Siliconmaster
September 21st, 2009, 12:24 PM

That would be extremely helpful for me as well. What is it?

Ganon
September 21st, 2009, 01:09 PM

wat

also while you're at making changes to the model, fix that one tunnel that is crooked as hell :X

Inferno
September 21st, 2009, 01:18 PM
Wow op op op ooop inferno, you know how it can become a nightmare to remodel and find even more invisible walls than before... I won't remodel anything unless it's not really necessary.. for now, I'd say the 1st shortcut (shown in xfire vid) can be fixed by pushing up the falling damage a little bit...
Now about the bacon invisible wall... I'd like someone to show it to me on a pic or something... I didn't found anything..

Changing the fall damage to fix a single shortcut is a bit overkill. I think 1 final remodel is all we need. This can have a real effect on gameplay so it really needs to be fixed properly.

.Wolf™
September 21st, 2009, 02:17 PM
Heh, Hope i wont piss anyone off.

So what!? If it got shortcuts ,just release it,this is a video game,you cant expect a map for a game like HALO CE to be perfect,Jesus Christ,you guys have really lost the point of map making, Really,do you feel as excited as most of the fanboys do for the release? Cmon,you must´ve lost that satisfaction looooong time ago, You should release the Damn thing and move on.

I hope i didn't piss someone off.

Inferno
September 21st, 2009, 02:35 PM
I talked to yoyo about this and new idea. I'm just going to put a trigger there so if you try to cheat the map it steals your shields.

Then you fall and die.

</shortcut>

English Mobster
September 21st, 2009, 05:15 PM
Good idea.

AAA
September 21st, 2009, 05:49 PM
I talked to yoyo about this and new idea. I'm just going to put a trigger there so if you try to cheat the map it steals your shields.

Then you fall and die.

</shortcut>

A true butt-fuck move.

........ I like it.

chrisk123999
September 21st, 2009, 06:25 PM
Wouldn't work, you can do it w/o getting ejected. I was able to do it just right to stay in my hog and keep all my heath and shields.

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 21st, 2009, 06:28 PM
Is it possible to create a scenery object that is invisible, you could just create on instead of possibly remodeling the map, or doing a killtrigger

chrisk123999
September 21st, 2009, 06:28 PM
Having to may player detecting things can cause errors. I don't think it has room for another kill box.

ThePlague
September 21st, 2009, 06:34 PM
Is it possible to create a scenery object that is invisible, you could just create on instead of possibly remodeling the map, or doing a killtrigger
Collision only geometry you mean?

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 21st, 2009, 06:38 PM
He doesn't want to remodel the map again, and have to redo radiosity and such, so invisible static scenery would do the same, if not better.

yoyorast
September 21st, 2009, 06:51 PM
Fieryscythe would tell you guys that remodeling will cause new invisible walls again and again and again.. believe me, we experienced the thing more than enough with him and inferno and others before..

chrisk123999
September 21st, 2009, 06:58 PM
I think you should fix the model, but export it as a different BSP so you can see if it creates too many new phantom faces for it to be worth it. That way if it does, you can just scrap it and keep the current BSP. Or if it doesn't many new ones you can use it.

yoyorast
September 21st, 2009, 07:15 PM
Ferno got a good idea to prevent the hog to jump from the hill to the shortcut : we're adding a sign... now we're looking for a way to prevent a biped form jumping on to the rock above (its the same shortcut but no need a hog, just need to jump on that rock)..

Chris you talked with ferno about the door/shield sync problem?

chrisk123999
September 21st, 2009, 07:18 PM
Working on that now.

Dwood
September 21st, 2009, 07:27 PM
This community is so awesome. People helping fix things when one team needs help. :D Beats any other mod scene i'm aware of, and is probably why hce has lasted so long.

EX12693
September 21st, 2009, 08:04 PM
There are too many invis-walls to release the map. :tinfoil:

Inferno
September 21st, 2009, 08:07 PM
This community is so awesome. People helping fix things when one team needs help. :D Beats any other mod scene i'm aware of, and is probably why hce has lasted so long.

<protected>

STOP DO NOT POSTE!

yoyorast
September 21st, 2009, 08:11 PM

Plz Ex, what the dam are you saying?!!! Name/show these dam invisible walls ! Show them to me ! Inferno just fixed a shortcut cause bye ONE... The map is PERFECTLY releasable once the door/shields problem is fixed.. Chris is working on that..

ShadowSpartan
September 21st, 2009, 08:14 PM
Plz Ex, what the dam are you saying?!!! Name/show these dam invisible walls ! Show them to me ! Inferno just fixed a shortcut cause bye ONE... The map is PERFECTLY releasable once the door/shields problem is fixed.. Chris is working on that..
Yoyo, I'm pretty sure he was joking. Lol.

yoyorast
September 21st, 2009, 08:34 PM
Ye, so was I lol... nah maybe I'm a bit stressed with everybody giving their arguments and ideas... for example this remodeling idea...If I had listen to some, it would have taken ages : me remodeling (and finding the good way to fix the problem) inferno removing the invisible walls, Fieryscythe not able to lightmap anymore so we should have had to find someone for that... then chase for new invisible wall... maybe redo the process and fix new invisible wall multiple times, retest again and again... Frankly this could have taken 2 weeks with motivated guys... maybe more... I know what Im talking about for experiencing these shitty invisible walls with lots of my perteners.. remember it's a not bloodgulch model, it's yoyoV2 one.. I don't know if there's any other more complex model out there.. this produce a LOT of invisible shits.. in the end we fixed the problem by adding ........... a sign.

Inferno
September 21st, 2009, 08:36 PM
It says "Do Not Cheat Here".

And it has a laser cannon on top in case you disobey.

I call it the Mikuru Beam.

sdavis117
September 21st, 2009, 08:43 PM
Well there goes you winning any games Inferno. :realsmug:

Inferno
September 21st, 2009, 08:47 PM
Skill is not a cheat. Your just jealous.

Dwood
September 21st, 2009, 08:53 PM
YoYo V3 : Crymod ?

sdavis117
September 21st, 2009, 08:57 PM
Skill is not a cheat.

Tell that to the majority of the Halo 3 community.

Inferno
September 21st, 2009, 08:59 PM
Tell that to the majority of the Halo 3 kiddies.

FTFY. Halo 3 has no community. Just kiddies.

Ganon
September 21st, 2009, 09:05 PM
It says "Do Not Cheat Here".

And it has a laser cannon on top in case you disobey.

I call it the Mikuru Beam.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee178/TrueRandomness/GT/TrueBlog%205/mikuru_beam_small.gif

best alias since gaynigga69

English Mobster
September 21st, 2009, 11:10 PM
Haha, it'll be like the beams on Sandbox.

Of course, telling people not to cheat there would only make them try to cheat there... But then again, watching some idiot's shields get fried with a laser beam would make it worth it.

EX12693
September 21st, 2009, 11:23 PM
Yoyo, I'm pretty sure he was joking. Lol.
Yes, I was joking, although I did show yoyo one invis-wall, it's no big deal. (watch my xfire vids... it's in the panic corridor) but seriously...DO NOT REMODEL

Haha, it'll be like the beams on Sandbox.

Of course, telling people not to cheat there would only make them try to cheat there... But then again, watching some idiot's shields get fried with a laser beam would make it worth it.
I remember someone working on an automatic turret script (for a remake of snowbound) but I think they quit because it was too much.

English Mobster
September 21st, 2009, 11:38 PM
iirc, Inferno already has a working turret for his map we played on in the Infernal Map Pack beta a while back.

EX12693
September 22nd, 2009, 12:04 AM
Oooohhh, well then. Lets wait another 10 weeks to let inferno put the script and turret in. :realsmug:

Cortexian
September 22nd, 2009, 02:14 AM
Lets wait another 10 weeks
Sounds like a plan!

Cortexian
September 22nd, 2009, 02:51 AM
Release Candidate section added. (http://www.yoyorast.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=15&Itemid=48)

yoyorast
September 22nd, 2009, 04:50 AM
Oooohhh, well then. Lets wait another 10 weeks to let inferno put the script and turret in. :realsmug:

This time I got the joke :haw:

O and thanks Freelancer for putting the pics online, also thanks to 3po for these pics.

Inferno
September 22nd, 2009, 11:41 AM
I went to the doc today and I got tested for the flu and strep and shit.

I have some weird ass thing called "para-flu" which is the flu without being the flu. Either way I'm still coughing my lungs out atm.

Cortexian
September 22nd, 2009, 03:49 PM
Go do something that requires extremely delicate and touchy hand movements then, it'll be fun!

TitanNoBitchingHost
September 22nd, 2009, 05:19 PM
Yes! Like handling high voltage wiring under a house where you can hit your head when you cough AND when you shock yourself. I have always hated being ill. I've been severely asthmatic since birth, so I've had more than my fair share on chest infections.

Sel
September 22nd, 2009, 05:23 PM
Who do I have to suck off for that transport hog?

Cortexian
September 22nd, 2009, 05:27 PM
Who do I have to suck off for that transport hog?
StankBacon

EX12693
September 22nd, 2009, 06:23 PM
HA! Like he'll actually give it to you... 'Course, you could just release it along with matooba's atv.