PDA

View Full Version : [UNREAL] Volume of a sound in UT3

Inferno
August 14th, 2009, 03:31 PM
The "volume" in the parameters for my usound don't work. How do I make it louder ingame. Increasing the volume in the wav file is not a answer. I need to do it in the engine.

Inferno
August 15th, 2009, 03:01 PM
If I figure this out I'm releasing today.

HALP ME :saddowns: :saddowns: :saddowns: :saddowns:

Also I dropped sidewinder. It was being a bitch.

edit-
http://video.xfire.com/11182f-4.jpg (http://www.xfire.com/video/11182f/)

Higuy
August 15th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Can't you just open the generic browser, open the sound and change it in its properties (pitch or some shit like that)? I'm probally wrong, I would help if my damn ut3 editor was working.

Ganon
August 15th, 2009, 09:28 PM
pitch isn't volume

Inferno
August 15th, 2009, 10:30 PM
The volume modifier is locked at 0.75. It makes me rage.

Daishi
August 15th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Damn, that sucks. BTW, what was up with the arcade music in the video?

Inferno
August 16th, 2009, 10:01 AM
I was listening to some chiptunes and xfire records what last.fm was playing.

Phopojijo
August 20th, 2009, 12:36 AM
You do it on the placed soundcue actor. I know it took me like 15 minutes to figure out... it's been a while but basically there's 2 spheres... one nearby, one far away... you set those two radii... and the volume at each.

http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsue3sound.htm

Go to "AmbientSoundSimple" and read a bunch... and look at the picture.

Inferno
August 20th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Oh heh I got the sound in like 3 days ago but with school and parents and shit I haven't had time to create the final trailer + make a release.

I have a final build ready though. I'm now wondering how I add the map preview screen shot to each map. It just shows that default map preview picture in the menus.

I was only able to find a tutorial on how to do it in 2k4 so... anyone?

edit-
Oh and I'm redoing all of the shaders again. I found a more accurate way to create halo shaders.

edit-
How do I remove the HUD to take screenshots?

Pyong Kawaguchi
August 20th, 2009, 07:10 PM
i'd assume its something like cl_hud 0 or cg_hud 0 or r_hud 0
or drawhud

t3h m00kz
August 22nd, 2009, 10:37 AM
Oh heh I got the sound in like 3 days ago but with school and parents and shit I haven't had time to create the final trailer + make a release.

I have a final build ready though. I'm now wondering how I add the map preview screen shot to each map. It just shows that default map preview picture in the menus.

I was only able to find a tutorial on how to do it in 2k4 so... anyone?

edit-
Oh and I'm redoing all of the shaders again. I found a more accurate way to create halo shaders.

edit-
How do I remove the HUD to take screenshots?

For the no hud, I think it's something like debug_camera 1 or toggel_debug_camera in the console or some shit. As for the screenshots if it's anything like ut1 it's as simple as saving it in the .map and referencing it in one of the drop-down menus. Though, it's been a while and I've only done it once so can't really help you out there, you likely know more than I do by now

Inferno
August 22nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
Maps are done I'm doing a trailer. :neckbeard:

Daishi
August 22nd, 2009, 11:29 AM
YAY!! D'ya know if it'll be out today or if we still have a few more days' wait?

Inferno
August 22nd, 2009, 01:20 PM
Depends on if I run into any more problems. I'm running through and playing the maps on every game type. We had a crashing issue on chill out last night but I resolved it.

Also I'm fixing up mipmaps on the map preview pic's.