PDA

View Full Version : help with haloCEdev

skz333
September 2nd, 2009, 02:16 PM
i used it just fine last year.

debug_camera_save
debug_camera_load

hold down the mouse wheel to change speed?
hold it down to move?

WASD to move the camera and like T and G for up and down?

none of this is working for me now. I can get into cam mode. but thats all. I can look around with the camera. And move my guy in front of it. But no up and down or back and forth with camera. My controls are set to default. Please help.

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/7395/42493801.jpg

Ganon
September 2nd, 2009, 02:19 PM
up= r
down= f
left= a
right= d
backwards= s
forwards= w

make sure u hold down the middle mouse button while you are pressing the keys.

TEMPTii
September 2nd, 2009, 04:12 PM
Run as administrator

skz333
September 2nd, 2009, 04:49 PM
Run as administrator

you didn t read my post.

i ll try what you said gannon. it might be this logitech mouse wheel (middle button).

Ganon
September 2nd, 2009, 05:19 PM
If its a logitech G5, they are known for middle mouse button failures.

StankBacon
September 2nd, 2009, 05:22 PM
yes they are, and it is quite maddening.

Cortexian
September 2nd, 2009, 05:22 PM
I had to set my MX Revolution's scroll wheel/button to "Middle Button" in SetPoint.

TEMPTii
September 2nd, 2009, 05:26 PM
My bad.
Your mouse just sucks. Sometimes mine releases even if it's pressed but in your case, it's always released. Test your scroll button in a window to scroll up and down and say if it works.

Cortexian
September 2nd, 2009, 05:32 PM
Some mice have scroll wheels that "click down" like a button if you actually press on them, those usually work with the Halo CE camera commands.

klange
September 2nd, 2009, 05:35 PM
Some mice have scroll wheels that "click down" like a button if you actually press on them, those usually work with the Halo CE camera commands.
That would be most consumer mice. It's terrible on my current mouse because of the shape of the scroll wheel. I once got so aggravated I pulled out my VX Nano and used it instead (the VX Nano, of course, has a dedicated middle button)

kinda off-topic: on Linux with a touchpad, pressing both buttons at once does a middle click, and the behavior can be forced for a regular mouse

skz333
September 2nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
yeah its just like ganon and bacon are sayin. That logitech whatever scroll wheel sure is sweet; just not for being a middle button. I plugged in an older mouse and it worked fine. mystery solved. Now i can get back to the Serious Business.

FRain
September 2nd, 2009, 10:17 PM
hlo ce is srs bzns

Cortexian
September 3rd, 2009, 01:07 AM
yeah its just like ganon and bacon are sayin. That logitech whatever scroll wheel sure is sweet; just not for being a middle button. I plugged in an older mouse and it worked fine. mystery solved. Now i can get back to the Serious Business.
Did you actually try installing SetPoint and setting your scroll wheel button to "Middle Button" in the configuration?

http://freelancer.modacity.net/pics/Setpoint_Middle_Button.jpg

This works.