PDA

View Full Version : [ODST] ODST OST G4 Review

Amit
September 19th, 2009, 12:14 PM
This is one epic blog post: Halo 3: ODST Soundtrack Review (http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/699307/Halo-3-ODST-Soundtrack-Review---Music-for-Repelling-the-Covenant.html)

Warsaw
September 19th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Nice.

Traffic Jam reminds me of Twister...

sdavis117
September 19th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Nice.

Traffic Jam reminds me of Twister...

As a person who has watched Twister more times in the last ten years than anyone has probably seen it in their life, during the first half of the song I didn't know what you were talking about. Second half of the song though felt like a mix between Twister and James Bond, so I see where you were going. Even though when I think Twister, I think:

9klixu7zRIo
TA0AmZ051S0
jyb8pMsyPFw

Yeah, now I definitely see where you are coming from.

flibitijibibo
September 19th, 2009, 01:24 PM
These songs have been on Bungie's blog thing for some time now if anyone's interested: Clicky (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=ODST_OST_SneakPeek)

I preordered the OST just now (finally got into some monies), so I can't wait for this to be released.

.Wolf™
September 19th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Sounds like Kingdom Heart 2 soundtracks do:)

SilentChaos
September 19th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Yeah "Neon Night" sounded like a track from Kingdom Hearts 2. loved the tracks overall.

t3h m00kz
September 22nd, 2009, 04:26 PM
brb googling ODST Soundtrack tpb:mech2:

E: no hits, FFFFFFFFFFF

flibitijibibo
September 22nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
Date: September 22, 2009
Time: 12:34:52 AM
Event Details: Shipment has left seller facility and is in transitYay! I can't wait to-

Shipment Date: September 22, 2009
Destination: Tallahassee, FL, United States
Estimated Arrival: September 29, 2009HOW THE FUCK IS THAT POSSIBLE? 3 day shipping my ass.

E2: Finally got it, see below.

Cortexian
September 22nd, 2009, 05:14 PM
Yea the soundtrack is pretty good, I have it :)

Ganon
September 22nd, 2009, 05:44 PM
yall are torrent noobs :]

flibitijibibo
September 30th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Finally got the CD, listened to the lossless version.

This album is worth the 500MB of space as lossless files. This puts the rest of the Halo score to shame, easily. Instead of trying to come off as some badass rock-orchestra nightmare (Mjolnir mix makes me want to heave), this score knows exactly what it is written for: an orchestra. Of course, there are a few synths in appropriate places, but it's not like it's "FUCK YEAH, VIOLIN MELODY" and stupid shit like that. There are a couple parts, like in Skyline, that have those kinds of moods, but they're on the right instruments for a change (the big brass section, you'll know it when you hear it). Marty comments in the album insert that they were going for a "film noir" detective atmosphere, and they pretty much got it right. The sax solos (again, "film noir" style) pretty much make up the album's best parts, too. However, that's my one complaint. The sax parts were amazing, why were there only like, 3 or 4 snippets of them? Deference for Darkness is the most popular song in the album for a reason.

TL;DR: If you liked the music, go buy the album. If you pirated the album, go buy it. Please. I'd like to see this make as much money as possible so Marty can really see that he can move away from that now goofy "duhduhduhdaaa" with great success.

Cortexian
September 30th, 2009, 12:55 PM
duhduhduhdaaa supremacy

Amit
October 1st, 2009, 02:33 PM
Just bought the album. It's a amazing.

Two favourites: Deference for Darkness and Finale.

annihilation
October 1st, 2009, 03:10 PM
This has the most amazing soundtrack in Halo.
It really sets the mood for me. Makes me feel alone.