PDA

View Full Version : [WIP]Ranked Hunters (5 Levels)

Advancebo
September 21st, 2009, 10:18 PM
5 levels, 5 ranks, 5 types of hunters. Each with varying difficulty. Trust me, you will have a hard time taking down 2 Heavy Hunters. :ohdear:

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/7c6b19100314fd8e3fa4b760d0bd53d2c7e19d9c.png
More Screenshots: http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/advancebo/

Ranks:

Level 1 - Blue (Minor)

225 Health

Level 2 - Red (Major)

350 Health

Level 3 - Orange (Commander)

500 Health

Level 4 - Green (Heavy)

500 Health
250 Shield (May be removed, to increase more health)

Level 5 - Gold (Ultimate)

1000 Health
500 Shield (May be removed, to increase more health)

These will be released later, after I adjust some things.

Ifafudafi
September 21st, 2009, 10:24 PM
So you screwed with the color change and added some health/shields to seperate .actor_variants?

I mean, no offense, but anyone can do that in ~5 minutes. Maybe alter the behavior, weapons, something besides increasing the amount of bullets they can take.

Advancebo
September 21st, 2009, 10:40 PM
So you screwed with the color change and added some health/shields to seperate .actor_variants?

I mean, no offense, but anyone can do that in ~5 minutes. Maybe alter the behavior, weapons, something besides increasing the amount of bullets they can take.

Thats the plan, but first Im working on the AI basics.

Also I had to edit the bitmaps and multis to allow to color change.

Heathen
September 21st, 2009, 10:43 PM
Change some tactics, weapons, and maybe speeds.

E: ifafudafi beat me to most of it.

the1
September 21st, 2009, 11:08 PM
Change some tactics, weapons, and maybe speeds.

E: ifafudafi beat me to most of it.

that would in turn take Re Animating ect...

Skarma
September 21st, 2009, 11:09 PM
I can't wait to take down some Ultimates! w00t :downs:

Con
September 21st, 2009, 11:10 PM
I would suggest having the armour two tone. For example, you could have a standard blue hunter with gold spikes, then maybe a gray hunter with orange spikes and accents. I also wouldn't give them that much health, considering there's nothing different about their physiology. The major changes should come from behavior.

EX12693
September 21st, 2009, 11:16 PM
But Ultimates would be made of tougher worms, as well as be more agressive.

Con
September 21st, 2009, 11:25 PM
"tougher worms"
What makes them over 4 times as tough? When it comes down to it, the worms in either rank are still the same kinds of worms and made of the same things. It doesn't seem plausible, so they shouldn't be given all this extra health just to make them harder to kill. A little extra health is fine, but 400 health should be the max. If you want to make them much harder to kill, simply replace their lunge with a different attack.

Also, if you want some interesting backstory for aggressive berserk hunters, you may recall that hunters always work in pairs and share a strong bond with their partner. I imagine they would be pretty pissed off if their partner were killed and they were left alive, so the covenant might use these hunters and their anger to their advantage. Charcoal and red seems like a cool colour scheme for these guys.

FRain
September 22nd, 2009, 07:42 AM
yay changing two fields in a tag and duplicating that tag yay
im so proud

Dwood
September 22nd, 2009, 10:25 AM
At least hes doing something

Inferno
September 22nd, 2009, 11:48 AM
Try changing the weapons hurf durf. Maybe have one that sprays needles and one that launches plasma grenades. And maybe one that just charges up and blasts everything in front of it.

sevlag
September 22nd, 2009, 12:04 PM
make it so a pistol to the back dont kill em in one shot

also, consider making the red one CQC and have his fuel rod shoot liuke a "plasma flamethrower"

Advancebo
September 22nd, 2009, 12:22 PM
make it so a pistol to the back dont kill em in one shot

thats the first think i did.

Inferno
September 22nd, 2009, 12:31 PM
Flamethrower hunter is a awesome idea but it would be cooler if you made it a black hunter with a plasma flamethower that shot out blue plasma flames. :iamafag:

sevlag
September 22nd, 2009, 12:50 PM
Flamethrower hunter is a awesome idea but it would be cooler if you made it a black hunter with a plasma flamethower that shot out blue plasma flames. :iamafag:
ya think like CQC, be nice to face a pair in d40 , you'd have to nade psam em though

Advancebo
September 22nd, 2009, 01:50 PM
Ill see what I can do, with all these suggestions...