PDA

View Full Version : H2SPT - Halo 2 Single Player Team

stennett
October 9th, 2009, 10:37 AM
originally from http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=28854 (read through there first, please. there's been some updates etc)

[quote]I'll try and keep this short, and simple (which will be easy since i cant write long things :P)
Darklord, as many of you know, is working on a Halo 2 campaign, which wont be an exact copy. Now, a whole campaign for one person is hard to do, and so he's looking for help. Thats where you come in, as not everyone is great at everything.
We need;
Scripter
3rd Person animator
Populator
Modeler
Halo 2 sound ripper

Scripter
We need someone who will be willing to script almost everything, since neither me or Darklord can script advanced scripting.

3rd Person Animator
We need someone who is good at 3rd person animations to give pointers,or show us whats wrong with our animations.

Populator
We need someone who is good with gameplay, and can handle a whole campagain.

Modeler
We might need someone who can model the odd thing, to help speed things up, but this wont be a huge part.

Halo 2 sound ripper
We don't have the halo 2 sounds, so if anyone could rip them, that would be great.

As you can tell, this will be ripped, but it isn't just ripped thrown together and compiled, as it will have slightly custom features as well. This might, or might not, be open sauce. if it is protected, then there will be some 'Easter-egg-password-revealing' thing.

You might be thinking where i fall into all this. Well, I'm Darklord's friend, and he asked if I wanted to make a team with him, and so i did. I'm not very good at modeling, though I'm best at basic forerunner, and i also know sapien and all of that... though almost everyone does, so ill be doing the odd bit of modeling. So he asked me to be the 'team info handler guy'.. so thats what I'm doing.

oh, and here is what we'll be doing;
DarkLord: permutations, fp animations, particles, custom sprites, mapping, rigging, uvw unwrapping, tagging.

Stennet: team manager,sapien possibly,basic forerunner,custom screens,tester

Here is some betas Darklord just gave me.

the pictures died. :l

Ganon
October 9th, 2009, 10:41 AM
looks pretty terrible

Limited
October 9th, 2009, 10:45 AM
If both you and DarkLord know Sapien, why arent you both doing the job of the populator?

stennett
October 9th, 2009, 10:50 AM
well, as for me, I'm not the best. so i probably wouldn't want to do it, as the standard wouldn't be great (i would be happy to learn obviously but hey..). that leaves the whole thing over to darklord, and thats a lot to do by yourself. it also means that I (or we, as the team ) can tap into the skill of other people and broadening the team.

Cortexian
October 9th, 2009, 10:51 AM
So basically you're doing what CMT did a few years ago?

Cool.

blind
October 9th, 2009, 11:35 AM
move to a new game

SnaFuBAR
October 9th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah nice images there. Get your shit in order and maybe you guys will actually get somewhere.

legionaire45
October 9th, 2009, 11:56 AM
A) Your images are dead...
B) Halo 2? Really...
C) Getting a complete level or two ready and release them as a pack or something to show you're actually competent enough as a team to get something done. Then recruit.

stennett
October 9th, 2009, 01:24 PM
oh right, yeah.. they were working at the time. theyre hosted on darklords photobucket i think so :l ill remove the tags..
and, yeah halo 2.. really..

FreedomFighter7
October 9th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I liked halo 2's campaign more than halo 3 or 1. There are just so many more levels I find fun to play than the others. Plus I can get out of almost any map (SP).

FRain
October 9th, 2009, 02:29 PM
I hated Halo 2's campaign. Halo 3's was my second favorite, story wise, and Halo 1 was my favorite fun-wise.

bobsam
October 9th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I started on Metropolis a little. If you want the what little BSP I started on stennett, just add me on X-Fire mine is 1bobsam1.

FRain
October 9th, 2009, 03:26 PM
i love it when you and me make posts right after each other, bobsam

Heathen
October 9th, 2009, 03:33 PM
So maybe fixing those pictures?
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu331/DarkLord0912/th_Raven.jpg

Inferno
October 9th, 2009, 03:50 PM
This thread gives me dejavu. I've seen this fail so many times it's actually getting on my nerves.

Stop.
Making.
Recruitment.
Threads.
Unless.
You.
Are
Competent.
Enough.
To.
Actually.
Lead.
A.
Team.

Lateksi
October 9th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I've never understood why would you want to make exact ports of something to an older engine.

Edit: Maybe use H2 content to make new levels? Not some old remakes.

.Wolf™
October 9th, 2009, 04:11 PM
This thread gives me dejavu. I've seen this fail so many times it's actually getting on my nerves.

Stop.
Making.
Recruitment.
Threads.
Unless.
You.
Are
Competent.
Enough.
To.
Actually.
Lead.
A.
Team.
A lot of dots there o-.-o

Dwood
October 9th, 2009, 04:16 PM
A lot of dots there o-.-o

It's a Literary device in poetry.

Heathen
October 9th, 2009, 05:27 PM
still no update on those pictures...

stennett
October 10th, 2009, 04:45 AM
yea sorrry, i was asleep..
basically, we're (meaning darklord and another guy) are fixing the bsp's at the moment. im not sure how far they got, but ill ask darklord if he actually needs the bsp. thanks for the offer though.

and to clear something up, this isnt a complete copy, we're adding in some custom stuff and changing some stuff.

and again, when darklord gets on ill ask him to get the pictures, or take some new ones. and this thread isnt much of a recruitment thread, its just a copy of the halomaps thread (which i update more and stuff). either way i'd still like to have some pictures. i believe he took them down 'cause most of the where old and have been updated, so... yeah. new pictures coming soon..

.Wolf™
October 10th, 2009, 04:57 AM
To me it seems that you are recruiting.

Rhydgaled
October 10th, 2009, 05:36 AM
I've never understood why would you want to make exact ports of something to an older engine.
There is one reason I would have liked to see a decent port done, so I could play HALO 2 campaign on PC, rather than being confined to playing with an XBOX or XBOX 360 controler. Yes the game was offically ported to PC but only on Vista, I don't like that OS at all. Still, I might have purchased HALO 2 when I was given this new computer but the Intel Intergrated Graphics might not manage it.

bobsam
October 10th, 2009, 01:22 PM
i love it when you and me make posts right after each other, bobsam

:iamafag: Me too. >: D

Kalub
October 10th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Well this thread is a bust, move along folks nothing to see here...

SnaFuBAR
October 10th, 2009, 04:11 PM
stennett, you can unlock this when you actually have something to show. Without anything to show, this thread is just going to become a nay-say thread. Don't unlock it until you have something to show.