PDA

View Full Version : Add pause menu options?

Arightwizard
October 10th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Hi, I'd like to know if it is possible to add a pause menu option within a map. (So whoever downloads the map will see it when they hit Esc)
Something like Coldsnap's Time of Day feature. (Not the function, just the fact that it has an option in the pause menu.)
Thanks,
-Arightwizard

PS: If I may throw in another question here, what I'd like to do with the pause menu is switch BSPs...(To change ground texture), if you could tell me how to do that as well, then I would seriously owe you. Thanks.

Ro0ster
October 10th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I don't know how to do this, but Coldsnap's Time of Day feature does change the BSP. There are two BSPs one with its own lightmap( night and day).
So really you just need to do is get the script for that and change the option in the menu.

I don't know how to do this, but have you tried looking up a tutorial?

Kalub
October 10th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Well, aren't you a helpful little rooster....

Tiamat had two bsp structures in his scenario, and when you activated or used the ui widget Time of Day, a script would activate the change from bsp1 to bsp2.

So you would need to edit the UI widgets, or strings, I can't remember which and add your ground changer script. The only thing that confuses me is why you would want to waste scenario space by having two bsp's only to change the ground texture.

Oh, and you would have to make it sync if this was an MP map. Good luck with that.

tl;dr I think your idea, while it may sound great to you, when implemented would be a waste of resources and time.

ThePlague
October 10th, 2009, 10:24 PM
If you check out HmC's GM_Flatgrass (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3749) (the only map my team released :\) illegallcheatsman created a menu. If you rip from the map I think you can figure out what he did. (although i'm pretty sure it relied on scripting.)

Arightwizard
October 11th, 2009, 09:29 AM
So you would need to edit the UI widgets, or strings

That was actually a big help.
Problem is I can't edit the UI widget list in Guerilla. I could edit the unicode_string_list that had every option listed, but the widget list tag fields are almost always locked and so I can't edit them.
So...I guess this won't work. Thanks anyway.
-Arightwizard

ThePlague
October 11th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Use Kornman00's hacked guerilla then.

Arightwizard
October 11th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Kornman00_v20 doesn't work for me, (I have office 2007, so some DLLs aren't there.) The dlls include msvcr80.dll and atl80.dll.
And when I did get them and put them in the Halo Custom Edition folder, it said it was trying to load them incorrectly.
So, yeah, kornman's hacked guerilla doesn't work for me...Thanks anyway.

***EDIT***: OK nevermind, you guys helped me a lot. For anyone else who has a problem with missing files in kornman00_v20:

In your halo custom edition folder, copy and paste msvcr71.dll into the same folder then rename the copied one to msvcr80.dll.
Navigate to C:\WINDOWS\system32 and copy atl71.dll to your halo custom edition folder, then rename the copied one to atl80.dll.

Thanks for the help, ThePlague, Kalub, and thanks for trying, Ro0ster.

Kalub
October 11th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Np mayn, just doin my job :cop:

Timo
October 12th, 2009, 12:14 AM
To have a button run a script when pressed, you'll need FireDragon's widget editor - km00v2 doesn't allow you to check the box. The folder you'll want to look through is UI\shell\multiplayer_game\pause_game. It contains all the multiplayer specific widgets (settings and new map are in ui\shell\main_menu)