PDA

View Full Version : Yoyorast Island V2 Movie/Trailer Contest! $250 to win!

Pages : [1] 2

yoyorast
October 15th, 2009, 12:02 PM
K guys, now comes the time to promote da map... May all the movie makers get their cam ready ! Just remember, there will be ONE winner only... and I'll personally send him 250$ (Paypal only).

To participate to the contest, you'll have to send/host you movies/trailers on youtube before the 29th of NOVEMBER (22:00 GMT) (tag it with the word "yoyorast" + the words "yoyorast contest" to make sure people can find them)... Then, the 29th of NOVEMBER at 22:00 GMT one poll will be held here at modacity (listing all the links to the youtube vids) so everybody in the community can vote for their prefered vid... the poll will end the 6th of DECEMBER at 22:00 GMT... of course the one who will have most votes will win da money... and the glory lol :woop:

K now, what's supposed to be inside your vid ? Well you are completly free guys, as long as it shows the map to it's best.
Just try to come close to some or all of these points :
- Off course, you can show the map empty but you also have to show some fight/action.
- Try to show the way it's meant to be played with the specificities of the gameplay (shileds, doors, strategic places, cutom vehicles, random teleporters...)
- Off course Music is welcome, you can also use voice or anything... Free your imagination !
- Try to show the map is meant to be played in lot of diferent gametypes.
- there's no minimum resolution required but you may have more chances if you have some good def image...
- There no limit of lengh but try to make your vid no shorter than 4 min plz.
- MUST BE EPIC, MUST BE EMOTIONAL, MUST BE INCREDIBLE, MUST BE THE STATE OF THE ART OF WHAT YOU CAN DO !

Now spread the word bout this contest, if you think you can make the best promo trailer out there, let as many people as possible see your work and vote for you :neckbeard:

K guys, may the best out there win... the Contest just started Now, what are you waiting ?!
And again, you can post your vids on youtube from now to the 29th of NOVEMBER at 22:00 GMT, after that, it will be too late.

Siliconmaster
October 15th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Even if there wasn't a prize, this sounds like a lot of fun. If I can ever find time, I may have to try my hand at machinima/trailer work again.

Cortexian
October 15th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I saw the $250 prize and almost jumped into CE with Fraps and absolutely no idea of a video outline... I'll have to think about this one...

Siliconmaster
October 15th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I feel inspired by the sniper tower. Also Sprach Zarathustra ftw.

Hunter
October 15th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Awesome, I am on it :) I am sure I can make a good one seeming as I do Media Studies at college.

Lateksi
October 15th, 2009, 12:41 PM
And I lend my pc for my bro to a lan party tomorrow... Well, at least I have some time to plan something ;)

Timo
October 15th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Might have to give this a go :o

blind
October 15th, 2009, 01:09 PM
I'm definitely doing this.
Who wants to help me

Rosco
October 15th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I'm definitely doing this.
Who wants to help me

Yo let's do this.

Higuy
October 15th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Kyon's Sister: You all might as well give up now :]

blind
October 15th, 2009, 02:49 PM
ill kill u haruhi

mech
October 15th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I'm going win because I'm going to put naked ladies in my video :realsmug:

Rosco
October 15th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Oh cool another contest to win ;D

Can get a better lens for the camera woooo

It's on bitch. <3

Alwin Roth
October 15th, 2009, 03:22 PM
You should make it a "Halo Custom Edition" trailer... but
yoyorast still sounds good.

n00b1n8R
October 15th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Entering~

Pyong Kawaguchi
October 15th, 2009, 04:32 PM
What is the time length requirement, or reccomended time?

yoyorast
October 15th, 2009, 05:04 PM
You should make it a "Halo Custom Edition" trailer... but
yoyorast still sounds good.

It's a CE map so.. I mean i expect to see some mentioning CE witch is good.. But focus must be on da map.

What is the time length requirement, or reccomended time?

i wrote that in the 1st post no? Minimum time is 4 min.. Then, up to you, i guess more than 10 min would be too much..

sevlag
October 15th, 2009, 05:23 PM
this doesnt mean make a montage of you killing people correct because i assume some people will try to do so

Siliconmaster
October 15th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Dang- the stuff I was planning would have come out to 3 minutes and 35 seconds. Guess I'm looping a section of the music. :D

ThePlague
October 15th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Might enter. My PC sucks so i'll be playing at low res :(

jcap
October 15th, 2009, 06:42 PM
4 mins? What a push. :-/ Hell, even a full game trailer is around 2.5 mins.

Pyong Kawaguchi
October 15th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Should I record it at 720p or 1050p?
(Or 1050p and downscale to 720p to fake anti aliasing?)

EX12693
October 15th, 2009, 07:19 PM
No, mabye, and yes.

leorimolo
October 15th, 2009, 07:23 PM
4 mins? What a push. :-/ Hell, even a full game trailer is around 2.5 mins.
Since it is one map I think it should no more than 2 minutes, and also what is the best halo CE fly cam? Yelo?

EX12693
October 15th, 2009, 07:27 PM
psshh... use a controller. Looks better than a flycam.

Siliconmaster
October 15th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Uh. You still need a flycam to use a controller with. He wasn't asking keyboard or mouse, he was asking which program to use.

EX12693
October 15th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Yea I thought he was talking about a program that automatically aimed the camera for you, not one that lets you hook up a controller.

Siliconmaster
October 15th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Ah. An easy mistake. Sorry if my previous post sounded condescending. :P Just reread it, and was surprised by how grumpy it is. Lol.

TitanNoBitchingHost
October 15th, 2009, 08:52 PM
If I can get the 'No Bitching' team on this, it's on! What a great contest! I'm just excited to see all the other entries.

Siliconmaster
October 15th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Same. Should be an interesting bunch!

Sel
October 15th, 2009, 09:23 PM
ganon already won this!

sorry guys

Cortexian
October 15th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I bet Dr@Home will win again this year.

InnerGoat will fail badly though.

Siliconmaster
October 15th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Is the doctor in the house? I haven't seen him around recently, unless he's under a different screenname.

TeeKup
October 15th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Even if there wasn't a prize, this sounds like a lot of fun. If I can ever find time, I may have to try my hand at machinima/trailer work again.

You did well with the CE road trip, I see why not.

leorimolo
October 15th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Since it is one map I think it should no more than 2 minutes, and also what is the best halo CE fly cam? Yelo?
A whole page talking about my question but no one answered it :saddowns:

Siliconmaster
October 15th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Haha- sorry about that. I generally use the normal devcam for most work, and I'll revert to 1.07 to use bitter's flycam if I really want directional movement, as opposed to planar, like the default devcam.

Timo
October 15th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Is the doctor in the house? I haven't seen him around recently, unless he's under a different screenname.

lol

blind
October 16th, 2009, 12:42 AM
hey

t3h m00kz
October 16th, 2009, 01:51 AM
so I've got at least a month to do this?

Heh,

We'll see what happens.

Could definitely use the cash..

Ganon
October 16th, 2009, 04:55 PM
so what should I spend this money on guys?

Matooba
October 16th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Yohan, might I suggest one more thing to this Movie/Trailer? At the end of the Movie/Trailer make sure to run credits on the team of people that helped to make Yoyorast V2 Happen. I think its only due.

Siliconmaster
October 16th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Yohan, might I suggest one more thing to this Movie/Trailer? At the end of the Movie/Trailer make sure to run credits on the team of people that helped to make Yoyorast V2 Happen. I think its only due.

Agreed. Wouldn't be that hard either- it's all on the credits wall. :P

Cortexian
October 16th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Yea, panning the credits wall > typing them again

Siliconmaster
October 16th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I might try both- see which one looks better. Panning the wall might not look as good as it did ingame- not enough detail. We'll see though.

cheesie
October 16th, 2009, 06:25 PM
this will help buy me an exhaust for my new bmw

woot :v:

Ganon
October 16th, 2009, 06:26 PM
this will help buy me an exhaust for my new bmw

woot :v:

who are you kid fuck you and your BMW

tythespy
October 16th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I'm guessing this is just like the V1 contest.. you can make multiple videos for the contest
-e fl is right , someone needs to update Cam Flyer
(http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3871)

cheesie
October 16th, 2009, 06:32 PM
who are you kid fuck you and your BMW

im am going to take this contest. easy.

Cortexian
October 16th, 2009, 08:43 PM
im am going to take this contest. easy.
Okay, you and your two posts will make a great team.

NuggetWarmer
October 16th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Gonna join in. Need a few actors and a camera man who'd be willing to work for free or little pay. :)

I already have a story written.

jcap
October 16th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Credits? That's a joke. The credits for the map are in the map.

Credits always make videos suck. Hell, I won't even put my name in it. The only exception is if you have the creator of the map and the name of the map in sequence at either the beginning or the end.

Siliconmaster
October 17th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Putting the full credits, full list or panning, would take a while. Jcap makes a good point that if they download the map they'll see all the names.

.Wolf™
October 17th, 2009, 03:59 AM
If you cant put the credits in the map so they show up decently then dont, Put them In the Info thing at youtube.

t3h m00kz
October 17th, 2009, 05:09 AM
I usually try to keep credits really short myself. Anything that lasts longer than 30 seconds is painful.

t3h m00kz
October 17th, 2009, 08:03 AM
So, what's that trick for getting the camera to follow a player if I may ask? Is it possible on 1.08?

sevlag
October 17th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Gonna join in. Need a few actors and a camera man who'd be willing to work for free or little pay. :)

I already have a story written.fuck i'll help you with this, i have nothing better to do

Rosco
October 17th, 2009, 01:38 PM
really having fun working on things already

good luck to everyone making a video, I'll be sure to check them out if you check out blind and i's!

Segnaro
October 17th, 2009, 03:06 PM
hay guyz u can like quit cuz i already won

t3h m00kz
October 17th, 2009, 07:08 PM
just you wait till you see how MLG my shit is, kid.

:realsmug:

Ganon
October 17th, 2009, 07:10 PM
lol mlg is p bad

InnerGoat
October 17th, 2009, 08:58 PM
getting kicked from servers owns

t3h m00kz
October 18th, 2009, 01:04 AM
lol mlg is p bad

That's why I have millions, hoes, Lamborghinis stacked up in my garage, and five PS3s.

:realsmug:

Ganon
October 18th, 2009, 01:10 AM
billions>millions
bros>hoes
vehicles that aren't stacked on top of each other>stacked lambos
atari jaguar>ps3

Matooba
October 18th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Credits? That's a joke. The credits for the map are in the map.

Credits always make videos suck. Hell, I won't even put my name in it. The only exception is if you have the creator of the map and the name of the map in sequence at either the beginning or the end.

I don't see it as a joke. This is a movie/trailer and not just a video. All movies/trailers give credit. A shot of the wall would be a nice add on.

.Wolf™
October 18th, 2009, 10:33 AM
If you want credits i will add "See Description for more Info" in the video.

Matooba
October 18th, 2009, 12:19 PM
You guys do as you will. I don't have to want anything. I only stated this because a lot of people and time was put into this map. It only seemed fit to credit the people and time put into this map.

Ganon
October 18th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Well you are completly free guys, as long as it shows the map to it's best.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q3/Misselaineous10/Haruhi.gif

Rook
October 18th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Didn't even know about this contest until just now~~gonna put something together.

t3h m00kz
October 18th, 2009, 03:19 PM
billions>millions
bros>hoes
vehicles that aren't stacked on top of each other>stacked lambos
atari jaguar>ps3

This is obviously the talk of someone who does not own five PS3s.

:realsmug::realsmug::realsmug:

sevlag
October 18th, 2009, 05:18 PM

:realsmug::realsmug::realsmug:do you use em as door stops or what?

EX12693
October 18th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Only cause he broke the first 4... otherwise he just wasted money.

.Wolf™
October 19th, 2009, 08:49 AM

:realsmug::realsmug::realsmug:In fine with only owning 1, 5 are just for doobs! :iamafag:

Rosco
October 19th, 2009, 10:18 AM
do you use em as door stops or what?

5 isnt sufficent for a mansion.

SonicXtreme
October 19th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Ima have ago at this , im short on money and i like making promo vids for CE , so hell i`ll have ago , it`ll be fun even if i dont win , the more people that know about CE and join the better imo :)

Lateksi
October 19th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Ima have ago at this , im short on money and i like making promo vids for CE , so hell i`ll have ago , it`ll be fun even if i dont win , the more people that know about CE and join the better imo :)

^This! :neckbeard:

Limited
October 24th, 2009, 08:37 PM
I wish you guys would have just made a contest for videos, then made the vote, and after the winner is announced you then say they are getting the money. Its now going to screw up the voting, because people might not necessarily vote for the best video, more for the person they want to win.

Thats reason I'm not even bothering to enter, even if I made the most amazing video of all time, people wouldnt vote for it, because its mine.

Siliconmaster
October 24th, 2009, 08:41 PM
If that's a concern, why not have everyone upload a version without their names in it, which yoyo can watch, or we can vote for? That way you don't know whose is whose, and it's all somewhat more fair. :shrug:

CrAsHOvErRide
October 24th, 2009, 08:41 PM
In my opinion Yoyo should decide and not a public poll.

Siliconmaster
October 24th, 2009, 08:43 PM
^This. It's his map, his decision.

Ganon
October 24th, 2009, 08:43 PM
If that's a concern, why not have everyone upload a version without their names in it, which yoyo can watch, or we can vote for? That way you don't know whose is whose, and it's all somewhat more fair. :shrug:

people will still know who's is who's

Siliconmaster
October 24th, 2009, 08:49 PM
people will still know who's is who's
Only by style. I mean, if they're all to be shown off, submit them privately to Yoyo- he then posts them, and we have them all anonymously. If he's the only one judging, then it doesn't matter. :P

CrAsHOvErRide
October 24th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Yoyo would be best because he has nothing to win unless he picks the best movie trailer.

Cortexian
October 24th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I'd vote for Yoyorast as well, because there are some people out there who definitely wouldn't vote for me, even if I made a billion dollar budget feature film length video.

yoyorast
October 25th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I wish you guys would have just made a contest for videos, then made the vote, and after the winner is announced you then say they are getting the money. Its now going to screw up the voting, because people might not necessarily vote for the best video, more for the person they want to win.

Thats reason I'm not even bothering to enter, even if I made the most amazing video of all time, people wouldnt vote for it, because its mine.

I don't see what money is changing in the problem you're pointing...
But anyway, I'm pretty sure you are wrong bout the people won't vote for you because you are who you are... I think people are fair enough to vote for the vid they see as the best one... but if you guys think the same as limited, I may ask the vid anonymeously...

tythespy
October 25th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I think people are fair enough to vote for the vid they see as the best one... but if you guys think the same as limited, I may ask the vid anonymeously...

I third that

TheGhost
October 25th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Is the poll being conducted on this site? If so, I think as long as you turn on the feature where you can see who voted for which, and require that members who vote have been here for at least two weeks, you won't have any problems.

Timo
October 25th, 2009, 03:23 PM
It's not hard to tell your mates which video is yours if you have to submit it anonymously. I can see there being a bit of bias against some members. Maybe allow yoyorast to give a vote that's worth like 20 people or something ?

yoyorast
October 25th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Guys you really think people will vote for or against people in spent of voting for talent and quality.. I hardly can believe this..

And also I don't wanna my vote be decisive, I want the community to choose the best vid.

Cortexian
October 25th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Yoyorast, this community is very malicious and has problems with holding grudges against other people. If the video contest were left up to the peers on this website the votes would inevitably be a little biased.

Horns
October 25th, 2009, 04:40 PM
How about a panel of judges? A few people that can be trusted not to be biased. That way we don't have to worry about unfair votes and we don't have to worry about Yoyorast having to pick and choose all by himself.

Cortexian
October 25th, 2009, 09:49 PM
How about a panel of judges? A few people that can be trusted not to be biased. That way we don't have to worry about unfair votes and we don't have to worry about Yoyorast having to pick and choose all by himself.
Sure, but those people won't be able to enter the contest, for obvious reasons.

t3h m00kz
October 25th, 2009, 11:35 PM
I was about to say. I don't want to see a bunch of randoms voting on these, for all we know they could be making dupes and upping the rating on their video with proxies and shit.

Cortexian
October 25th, 2009, 11:43 PM
I was about to say. I don't want to see a bunch of randoms voting on these, for all we know they could be making dupes and upping the rating on their video with proxies and shit.
I know I'd be doing this.

Ganon
October 25th, 2009, 11:52 PM
freelancer has been disqualified

Siliconmaster
October 25th, 2009, 11:56 PM
This shouldn't be a big deal, seriously. If the public wants to vote, make a poll, but let Yoyorast choose the winner. That way people can let others know which they like, without any ramifications for cheating or popularity contests.

Dwood
October 26th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Everyone just upload your video and send it to YoYo who uploads it to a YoYo Contest Account on youtube so the voting can be done with the videos being anonymous to all but YoYo himself.

Cortexian
October 26th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Everyone just upload your video and send it to YoYo who uploads it to a YoYo Contest Account on youtube so the voting can be done with the videos being anonymous to all but YoYo himself.
What prevents people from telling their friends "video numver X is mine, vote for it". And what prevents people from voting for their own video?

This can't be fairly done by a community vote.

sevlag
October 26th, 2009, 04:47 PM
What prevents people from telling their friends "video numver X is mine, vote for it". And what prevents people from voting for their own video?

This can't be fairly done by a community vote.
i say make a panel consisting of yoyorast, and two well respected community members who won't be entering

a poll will come down to who likes who, regardless of video footage

justin108
October 26th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Yo, I am not entering but looking forward to the videos. Any of you guys need a stand-in for some footage just xfire me up. Good Luck!

Arightwizard
October 26th, 2009, 08:23 PM
I'm just randomly butting in, but:

What if yoyorast was to allow, say, 30 submissions of videos per 2 days or so, then (if he can find the time), rate them on a 1 - 20 or 1 - 100 scale. He enters them into a database and "tells it" to sort them from highest rating to lowest. He then accepts the next bunch, and round and round we go.
Then, when the contest is over, he declares which video is on "top" (or highest rated, same thing) (by him, because who else can be trusted, really?) and then move on.

I'm just saying what if.

Dwood
October 26th, 2009, 08:39 PM
^ That's a lot of work. :|

t3h m00kz
October 29th, 2009, 12:07 AM
I hear someone has a modified version of the map, with a green screen of some sort?

If so, I'd like to say that's pretty unfair considering nobody else has the modified map.

If that's not the case, I apologize for bringing it up :downs:

Ganon
October 29th, 2009, 07:41 AM
itt diy hth

t3h m00kz
October 29th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I didn't see anything in the thread related, I forgot where I heard about it.

And I can't do it myself as I don't have an unprotected BSP or access to the assets :|

Arightwizard
October 29th, 2009, 06:57 PM
^ That's a lot of work. :|
A lot of work? All he has to do is enter the names in a MySQL database and (don't know if you know too much about PHP, but) write in PHP a mysql command ending in "order by rank desc" to tell it to order it by his rank in the descending format. I'd say it's pretty simple.

But if I've confused you (I often confuse people), then sorry.

Cortexian
October 29th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Why the hell would you go through all that effort when you could just use Microsoft Excel or the Open Office equivalent... Also, Yoyorast isn't into MySQL databases and web related mumbojumbo so I doubt that would happen anyways.

EX12693
October 29th, 2009, 11:02 PM
How bout we let yoyo do it how HE wants to do it? :raise:

Cortexian
October 29th, 2009, 11:04 PM
How bout we let yoyo do it how HE wants to do it? :raise:
Yea, because that way we'll get a bunch of hugely biased votes and the winner will be the person that promises to give out the most money to his voters!

Yea, lets do that! :downs:

EX12693
October 29th, 2009, 11:09 PM
If that's what Yoyo wants...
Now I agree that a community vote isnt a good idea (because of bias) and I think that Yoyo has a bit too much faith in the community... but hey, it's HIS contect. He makes the rules. :downs:

Ganon
October 29th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Haha, what Yoyo wants is part of the game and challenge of winning people! It's entirely your own fault if you are worried people won't vote for you because they don't like you.

EX12693
October 29th, 2009, 11:20 PM
I agree. That's just part of the game...

Cortexian
October 29th, 2009, 11:31 PM
:fail:

EX12693
October 29th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Yes that post was very useful. Come on guys. Oh can someone recommend a good flycam controller program? (as in a program that will let me use my 360 controller with my laptop)

Ganon
October 29th, 2009, 11:53 PM
why do you all this recording with a controller is a good idea lol

EX12693
October 29th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Um... it's smoother? Higher quality? Isn't it?

Ganon
October 30th, 2009, 12:39 AM
nope

EX12693
October 30th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Then what?

Cortexian
October 30th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Mouse and Keyboard.

Bodily control.

Ganon
October 30th, 2009, 12:49 AM
nope

StankBacon
October 30th, 2009, 12:51 AM
why do you all this recording with a controller is a good idea lol

is this english?

Ganon
October 30th, 2009, 12:51 AM
not fucking here right nw leave a msg after beep

StankBacon
October 30th, 2009, 12:59 AM
lmao.

t3h m00kz
October 30th, 2009, 01:29 AM
someone's trashed lmao

EX12693
October 31st, 2009, 01:15 AM
Im not posting until something usefel is posted.

E: O wait... shit.

yoyorast
November 9th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Hey guys, I've been a little off lastly cause I had to send my macpro and have no comp left til i get my new imac i7 mid november... Also remind everybody involved or those not yet in the contest that there's still time til the 29th to make your movie and post on youtube...
I m still thinking if there'll be like a jury voting for the best movie or if i stick with the public poll..

Get to work and good luck!

blind
November 9th, 2009, 05:15 PM
i forgot about this

yoyorast
November 12th, 2009, 05:35 PM
i forgot about this

Hope you doing something blind.. :)

DEElekgolo
November 13th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Can we see the current entries?

Rosco
November 13th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Hope you doing something blind.. :)

BlinD and I are doing stuff but as things go, effort/time/motivation/blind is a cunt with $590,000 etc it's goin slow. :P

Cortexian
November 15th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Can we see the current entries?
I think most people will be using all the time they can get to spit and polish their videos... However if anyone already has entries up I'd like to see them as well! I'm paranoid that people will steal my ideas though so I'm not posting squat until I get final product... :tinfoil:

Cortexian
November 16th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Another thing - Youtube adding 1080p is just great timing. I'll probably get my first use of it when I upload these.
Yea I'm looking forward to uploading in 1080p on YouTube as well. I've been working in a 1080p environment since the beginning of this project, which happened to be before I knew YouTube was adding 1080p support... :)

yoyorast
November 16th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Wow can't wait to see your stuff guys ! Lol, seems everybody's going to wait the last moment to upload...

Ok so for the moment there's Innergroat, Freelancer and Blind/Rosco who are actually working on something... anyone else preparing some stuff?

Siliconmaster
November 16th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Hrm- I had been working on something, but I only got it half-finished before school work took all my time away. :( Ah well- if I don't get it finished, I'm looking forward to seeing the other entries.

t3h m00kz
November 16th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I am. About 2/3rds of the way done..

Chase cam doesn't want to work well in Yoyov2. It attaches to the bipeds in the sync chamber.

yoyorast
November 16th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Cool guys, so it's now 4 vids , maybe 5 :) who else ?

Ganon
November 16th, 2009, 01:47 PM
ganon already won this!

sorry guys

ok

yoyorast
November 16th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Ganon, you started working on yours?

Ganon
November 16th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Yep, it will be uploaded right before the deadline as well.

Cortexian
November 17th, 2009, 02:26 AM
One problem that I'm running into is that no one is playing on Yoyorast Island V2... So I can't get any big team game play footage...

t3h m00kz
November 17th, 2009, 02:28 AM
I've had some luck with 1.00ce. Still, I have yet to see a KOTH gametype on this map.

Cortexian
November 17th, 2009, 02:41 AM
I was thinking of running it for awhile on my server one day, get 16 people playing and then have people interested in filming take turns (so that most people are still playing at once). Obviously FP recording can be done by anyone during this, I just want people using flycam (not playing) to be limited to 1-2 people at once.

yoyorast
November 17th, 2009, 03:21 AM
One problem that I'm running into is that no one is playing on Yoyorast Island V2... So I can't get any big team game play footage...

Yeh, i'm hopinf it will be more played with time passing maybe.. Althought I only played once sunday on a friend's comp.. There was a full server.. I must have been lucky..

EX12693
November 17th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I'm still seeing full servers, be it only two. Halo CE has died down so it'll take a while for it to revive again. But for those who are still into it, $250!!!

t3h m00kz
November 18th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Lancer, I'd suggest hosting Team King, Team and FFA Race. those are some rare gametypes. All I ever see is CTF or Slayer.

tythespy
November 18th, 2009, 06:26 PM
I've had some luck with 1.00ce. Still, I have yet to see a KOTH gametype on this map.

Yea i host ma server on 1.00, till sapp gets updated,But
I got king on the cycle...

Cortexian
November 24th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Requesting deadline extension, I finally found a server today that had a few people in it that I was able to film... However I doubt I'll be able to have anything rendered by the 29th.

Perhaps mid December would be better? You can announce the winners on Christmas?

Ganon
November 24th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Requesting deadline stays the 29th

learn to meet deadlines, it's part of the contest.

Cortexian
November 24th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Requesting deadline stays the 29th

learn to meet deadlines, it's part of the contest.
If people actually played Yoyorast Island V2 there wouldn't of been a problem. Not my fault in any way.

Ganon
November 24th, 2009, 12:44 PM
From the time when the contest was announced and now, plenty of people have played it. There is also the option of gaining friends and having them play with you, being that you are lucky enough to have your own dedicated server!

Not my fault in any way.

Irony

Cortexian
November 24th, 2009, 12:49 PM
From the time when the contest was announced and now, plenty of people have played it. There is also the option of gaining friends and having them play with you, being that you are lucky enough to have your own dedicated server!
I had it running on my own dedicated server for quite awhile, I've even tried organizing games so people will come play for awhile but it never works. No one wants to play YIV2 anymore that I can find!

Hell I had to film some stuff with an IRL friend for a few things because I couldn't find anyone online!

Again, how is it my fault that no one wants to play? It's not.

Ganon
November 24th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I had arranged to have a dedicated team of actors, all of whom are friends, and its worked out fine.

Again, how is it my fault that no one wants to play?

You seem to misinterpret having noone to join your server or having friends willing to help you not being your fault, despite others (myself) have accomplished this. So you are trying to say that it is not your fault that you faced failure.

Hence, Irony.

Timo
November 24th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Seems like everyone else was able to film gameplay when nobody was playing, so it looks like you might be out of luck !

Cortexian
November 24th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Well, good for you guys, congratulations on having 16 friends with no lives that you can ask on a whim to come help you film for a video game! I don't have that luxury so I had to scout servers and hope people joined.

Timo
November 24th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I was under the impression that for at least the first week there were a couple of servers up with people playing :?

StankBacon
November 24th, 2009, 01:34 PM
freelancer is mad because he has no friends at all.

TheGhost
November 24th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Extending the deadline won't help if you can't find people in servers now - are there going to be more people playing next week? I haven't been on HaloCE in 2 weeks but when I was on I could always find a full or nearly full server.

Cortexian
November 24th, 2009, 01:40 PM
freelancer is mad because he has no friends at all.
stankbacon is resorting to 3rd grade insults because he has no life at all. :saddowns:

Yes, extending the deadline will increase chances that I'll find servers with people in them for the shots I'd like. It will also give everyone more time to polish their videos!

TheGhost
November 24th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Grow up, guys.

Higuy
November 24th, 2009, 02:06 PM
stankbacon is resorting to 3rd grade insults because he has no life at all. :saddowns:

Yes, extending the deadline will increase chances that I'll find servers with people in them for the shots I'd like. It will also give everyone more time to polish their videos!
Just becuase you need more time doesn't mean others do. If you wanted to win this, you should of gotten footage when you could. Be more careful with your time. And besides, you can always find like 4 people in the AAR server or w/e and Realworld has yoyov2 on its map cycle 2 times. It's not very hard.

Ganon
November 24th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Well, good for you guys, congratulations on having 16 friends with no lives that you can ask on a whim to come help you film for a video game!

You sound more pathetic everytime you post

Stop posting.

Grow up, guys.

iawtp!

tythespy
November 24th, 2009, 02:15 PM
I could use an extended deadline.

InnerGoat
November 24th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Extending the deadline won't help if you can't find people in servers now - are there going to be more people playing next week? I haven't been on HaloCE in 2 weeks but when I was on I could always find a full or nearly full server.

Yeah this. No need to extend the deadline. We've still got what, a week? It doesn't take a week to get clips and work on them :ugh:

Cortexian
November 24th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Just becuase you need more time doesn't mean others do.

I could use an extended deadline.

If you wanted to win this, you should of gotten footage when you could. Be more careful with your time.
I have all the footage I could of possibly gotten by myself, I've got hours of it that I can go through for whatever I need, however some scenes simply require more than one person and a camera. This has absolutely nothing to do with me, it's all about the fact that no one is fucking playing on Yoyorast Island V2 when I'm able to film.

And besides, you can always find like 4 people in the AAR server or w/e and Realworld has yoyov2 on its map cycle 2 times. It's not very hard.
That's funny, because I haven't seen anyone in the AAR server until today, and the Realworld server is always empty when on Yoyorast Island V2... Funny how that works isn't it?

StankBacon
November 24th, 2009, 03:06 PM
so is the 1.09 patch the reason for noone playing?

if so just go back to 1.08 or whatever version has people.

:|

Cortexian
November 24th, 2009, 03:19 PM
1.08 has like 10 servers, none running V2 that I saw.

Only other servers I've seen with V2 are 1.00, and there's usually only like 4-5 people in those servers. Not helpful...

Higuy
November 24th, 2009, 03:24 PM
That's funny, because I haven't seen anyone in the AAR server until today, and the Realworld server is always empty when on Yoyorast Island V2... Funny how that works isn't it?
UHH I've seen people playing in it for the last couple of days. Also Real world is a UK server, along with almost all of the people in it. Your going to need to go bye there scheduale if you want to play with them.

And seriously, it's been how long since this was posted? Almost 2 months, you've had plenty of time to get clips. And if you have HOURS of footage, I think you would have some decent clips for at least 3 or 4 minutes. You can always use flycam to get beauty shots as well.

Also I was just editing my montage and realized I had a clip of yoyov2 from a day ago. on rw. with like 14 people.

sleepy1212
November 24th, 2009, 04:18 PM
some people might not even be able to play V2, i know i cant..it freezes when the map tries to load

chrisk123999
November 24th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Halo CE has always been like this, the only way your going to get a lot of people onto a server is to actually join it when there is no one on it yet. More people will join when they see there is people in the server.

blind
November 24th, 2009, 06:14 PM
there were just two servers playing v2 with 7 people in each of them earlier~

Cortexian
November 24th, 2009, 06:26 PM
there were just two servers playing v2 with 7 people in each of them earlier~
7 is a far cry from 16!

Dwood
November 24th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Halo CE has always been like this, the only way your going to get a lot of people onto a server is to actually join it when there is no one on it yet. More people will join when they see there is people in the server.

This. I've gotten full houses for my games just by sitting in a server for 10 minutes.

Higuy
November 24th, 2009, 07:18 PM
7 is a far cry from 16!
you don't 16 people. The one I was in got to about 13 people. Even if it was 7, your still going to get some clips. :raise:

Cortexian
November 24th, 2009, 10:18 PM
you don't 16 people. The one I was in got to about 13 people. Even if it was 7, your still going to get some clips. :raise:
No, I specifically need big team battle clips, not just clips of people fighting.

Why to people think they can tell me how to make MY video? I have ideas and they require certain conditions to be met.

Higuy
November 24th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Ok i'm just gonna say this. There's a little thing called STAGING your clips for the video. That's one way there going to be perfect too. So really, all you would need is 6 people. thats a full hog vs another full hog. I'm not saying how to run your movie, im saying you need to be better with your time. There a was a almost full yoyov2 server today TWO times. If you want to win so badly then use your time correctly. It's not anyone elses fualt that you don't have 2 months to get decen't work into it. It dosen't take very long to get clips and filiming, the only hard part is editing.

Cortexian
November 24th, 2009, 10:44 PM
And I can't film when I'm doing things in real life that are significantly more important can I? Staging video clips isn't a concept that I'm unfamiliar with, I'm not looking for perfect staged clips, I'm looking for real big team game play.

t3h m00kz
November 24th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I have to agree, I've hardly got any large scale battle footage, myself. CE's community is just too small. still going to try for the deadline though

Higuy
November 24th, 2009, 10:59 PM
welp, you got 5 days. cya

@mookz half the time during the day theres at least two full bg servers. Now only if they were playing yoyov2?

t3h m00kz
November 24th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Yeah really.

I'm mean seriously all I need now is third-person action and I'll feel like I'd have captured all I needed. Large battles best battles

tythespy
November 26th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Who can vote for the videos? Member's of modacity. that have been members of modacity for more then a month or just anyone that plays halo?

"one poll will be held here at modacity (listing all the links to the youtube vids) so everybody in the community can vote for their prefered vid..."

CrAsHOvErRide
November 26th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Exchange rate sucks right now won't participate :P

Ganon
November 26th, 2009, 01:30 PM
165 euros to 250 dollars

we need world credit~

CrAsHOvErRide
November 26th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Exchange rate 1.5...wtf is happening over there :P

Good for Yoyo though...he is French so I guess it's 165 Euros for him as well to pay ^^

yoyorast
November 26th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Hi guys, well, 165€ is not nothing even for a french guy like me lol... + when I announced the contest I didn't knew I woud have to buy a 2000€ imac (i'm still with no comp right now and waiting apple to send it to me)... So I suddenly find myself with a lot less money lol.. But anyway i'll pay the winner as planned.. ;) The only thing i hope is to have at least 5 or more movies... Less than 5 would be painfull..

K, bout the voting thing, i think i'll hold one poll here and one at halomaps to have more people voting for the quality and no for the movie makers if this is a true issue. Holding polls at halomaps forums is possible right?

K hope everybody's movie are like ready now, Im keeping an eye daily at youtube but pm me here when its posted so i can't miss your stuff..

Ps: hope you could film what you needed Free ;)

EX12693
November 26th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Poll at halomaps? Ugh, I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing. I mean, I guess it's more of a challenge to please the halomaps kiddies and the Modacity group at the same time. But all you have to do to please the halomaps kiddies is to do a shot of someone shooting the tank with the splaser. :realsmug:

Cortexian
November 26th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Ps: hope you could film what you needed Free ;)
Nope, been busy with real life pretty much all this week. Getting my Canadian Forces application, aptitude test, medical, and interview all ready and stuff.

Looks like I won't be participating in this since I still have a lot of medical stuff to wrap up... Oh well, I had a great start on some video!

tythespy
November 26th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Looks like I won't be participating in this

Enter your "Yoyorast Island V2 Release Trialer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Zw5mXzFhA)" video into the contest, It good enough and better then nothing.

Cortexian
November 26th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Enter your "Yoyorast Island V2 Release Trialer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Zw5mXzFhA)" video into the contest, It good enough and better then nothing.
It's only 2:37 long, the requirement is 4 minutes. :smith:

sleepy1212
November 26th, 2009, 11:32 PM
so i guess you trust no one who votes here will vote at halomaps as well?

t3h m00kz
November 27th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Do second and third place win anything?

Rosco
November 27th, 2009, 12:44 PM
blind and I can't be assed to do this anymore, but I have a small bit of video we did do.

Isn't 4 minutes long or anything, but I will release on the day to celebrate anyway.

blind
November 27th, 2009, 12:52 PM
blind and I can't be assed to do this anymore, but I have a small bit of video we did do.

Isn't 4 minutes long or anything, but I will release on the day to celebrate anyway.
lets improve it to be a legit half-assed attempt bud

t3h m00kz
November 27th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I've been trying to upload mine but apparently it's getting an error and cutting off half-way through. I'll try re-encoding it and seeing if I have any luck.

Cortexian
November 27th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Do second and third place win anything?
No.

t3h m00kz
November 27th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Can I get some confirmation? I heard they did in the first contest.

yoyorast
November 27th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Yeh i sharded the money between the particpants for the 1st contest.. This time i prefered to offer everything to the winner..
But if you guys prefer to share the price between the 3 first participants like 30 for the 3rd, 40 for the 2nd and 170 for the 1st for example, I'd be ok... it would be more to the winner to decide maybe... don't know guys, one thing is it's always sad not to give anything to those who put effort... but I can't give more than 250 that's for sure lol.

buy the way, I just saw the mookz vid, I really love the way its done.. I won't comment more for the moment, not to influence anyone... the only thing is the image quality, sometimes it looks like its too much compressed...

Edit : Sorry, might be the comp or something that screw up the image.. the image is not that bad afterall, its even very good... I love the music, love everything man ! Congrats !

t3h m00kz
November 27th, 2009, 08:02 PM
If I come in first I'll wire 50 bucks to 2nd place, 25 to 3rd. Assuming they use paypal.

Ganon
November 27th, 2009, 09:35 PM
lets see the video son

t3h m00kz
November 27th, 2009, 10:33 PM
w6U94_A7Uic

Camera's a bit shaky, I really wish I could have used chasecam.

Ganon
November 27th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Nice entry, I really liked some parts of it. For the sake of the contest I wont give too much crit. I will say that it was a bit long lol. Overall an enjoyable movie though ;]

Cortexian
November 27th, 2009, 11:37 PM
*Notes superior use of effects*

*Works on inferior effect use*

t3h m00kz
November 27th, 2009, 11:42 PM
haha something tells me I shoulda waited :saddowns:

Cortexian
November 27th, 2009, 11:46 PM
haha something tells me I shoulda waited :saddowns:
*Rips m00kz video*

*Reuploads as Lancers video*

t3h m00kz
November 27th, 2009, 11:48 PM
FREELANCER RIPS ALL HE DOES IS RIP OFF m00kz STUF AND THEN CLAIM IT AS HIS WITH MY m00kz MLG UNPROTECTOR IM GONNA RELEASE FREELANCER WIL DIE HAHAHAHAH FREELANCER TAKE THAT MLG IS GONNA WIN m00kz WILL DEFEAT FREELANCER m00kz WIL DESTROY FREELANCER WITH OUR NEW UNPROTECTORMLG and other m00kz members for defense

Cortexian
November 27th, 2009, 11:54 PM
GIVE ME THE TAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIJME TO DDoS YOU FAGGETS!!?!

t3h m00kz
November 27th, 2009, 11:54 PM
U CANT HAZ MY TAGZ I MADE THEM (c) m00kz 2069 U WISH U HAD MAI SKILLZ FAGGIT

AND I R BEHIND FIFTEEN PROXIES & I HAZ WINDOWS FIREWAL SET TO MODERATE SO U CANT TOUCH ME!!!

DPeDroiA
November 28th, 2009, 12:12 AM
i just registered this forum, i already made a video and it has the tags on youtube.

by the way i think it would be a good idea to split the money, all those hours to help yoyorast 2 become more popular should deserve a little something in my opinion :)

t3h m00kz
November 28th, 2009, 12:16 AM
i just registered this forum, i already made a video and it has the tags on youtube.

by the way i think it would be a good idea to split the money, all those hours to help yoyorast 2 become more popular should deserve a little something in my opinion :)

lol

Also, welcome to the forums.

yoyorast
November 28th, 2009, 05:28 AM

Hey, gimme the link to your vid here or by pm please :)

DPeDroiA
November 28th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Hey, gimme the link to your vid here or by pm please :)

I just sent it as a pm now :downs:

=sw=warlord
November 28th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I kinda agree with rosco, 4 minutes is a little long, after 3 minutes people tend to start losing interest in trailers and 2 minutes tends to be the sweet spot in not showing too much shows enough that people will want to actualy look into what the trailer was about.

Rosco
November 28th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I kinda agree with rosco, 4 minutes is a little long, after 3 minutes people tend to start losing interest in trailers and 2 minutes tends to be the sweet spot in not showing too much shows enough that people will want to actualy look into what the trailer was about.

This.

I had a very cool 1:30 video going and I've extended it to about 2:30. I realyl can't find myself wanting to do more without ruining the video.

blind
November 28th, 2009, 10:41 AM
woo woo rosco
if u win buy dual copies of l4d2 ;D

yoyorast
November 28th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Guys you could have discuss this lengh issu sooner.. I would have been ok for stuff around 3 min.. Now i dont know what to say, its a bit late.. But if all the participents agree the less than 4 min movie to enter the contest.. Well.. I dont know really..

But guys i dont agree 4 min or more teaser is boring.. Just look at the yoyov1 contest winner : "what is yoyorast island" ... More than 5 min and not boring at all...

tythespy
November 28th, 2009, 11:46 AM
4mins isn't boring,Very difficult... but i know of 4 video that can't enter because of
the time length and Freelancer's.

=sw=warlord
November 28th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Guys you could have discuss this lengh issu sooner.. I would have been ok for stuff around 3 min.. Now i dont know what to say, its a bit late.. But if all the participents agree the less than 4 min movie to enter the contest.. Well.. I dont know really..

But guys i dont agree 4 min or more teaser is boring.. Just look at the yoyov1 contest winner : "what is yoyorast island" ... More than 5 min and not boring at all...
Yoyo i mentioned this 4 days after you posted this thread...
The moment a video advertising a product extends past 5 minutes is the moment it becomes a mini documentary.
I explained this to you back in october yoyo over aim.

yoyorast
November 28th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Yoyo i mentioned this 4 days after you posted this thread...
The moment a video advertising a product extends past 5 minutes is the moment it becomes a mini documentary.
I explained this to you back in october yoyo over aim.

True, I forgot that.. but you said "past than 5 min", I asked for 4 min minimum... and once again, look at "what is yoyorast island" and tell me it's boring... and it's more than 5 min.

Ganon
November 28th, 2009, 02:13 PM
look at "what is yoyorast island" and tell me it's boring... and it's more than 5 min.

It isnt very good and for someone that knows what they are doing, doesn't take a lot of effort and time to do. Dr probably did that in a few hours back then. Not a boring video, but it looks crappy. ;)

I think you folks will be in for a surprise when I post my entry later. And I agree, 4 minutes minimum is slightly too long. There should be no limit really... The quality of the video and the feeling it leaves the audience when it's finished is what counts. Yoyorast you should know this, being in the movie industry and all. I do understand how a 4 minute minumum time limit makes sense in this community, since noone here really is actually good at video editing and most of the entries will be just random footage from the map. But for some people it's a different story :downs:

yoyorast
November 28th, 2009, 02:36 PM
KK guys you won lol, well if it's not a problem for those who respected the 4 min lengh, let's say that it's now opened to every lengh then... :woop:

TheGhost
November 28th, 2009, 03:37 PM
I say, let the voters decide! If a video is too short and doesn't show much, it's not going to receive a lot of votes. No need to impose arbitrary length requirements, let the best video win!

t3h m00kz
November 28th, 2009, 04:18 PM
So how is the voting going down, will there be a poll going "THESE ARE THE VIDEOS NOW VOTE" or what

n00b1n8R
November 28th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I say, let the voters decide! If a video is too short and doesn't show much, it's not going to receive a lot of votes. No need to impose arbitrary length requirements, let the best video win!
yes this

Rosco
November 28th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Oh cool, so now I can either release a promo i made way back or release the extended one. Thanks for getting the issue resolved guys :)

DEElekgolo
November 28th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I was going to make a trailer but I can't get shit working with halo CE 1.09 on windows 7. If any of you are making a trailer out there then you can use the song I was going to use in mines.
Fucking windows 7.
Video sucks
1jaRA6nGyUg

E:Or this :>
cFhVMkOq4dM

Pm me for stuff.

Ganon
November 28th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I used that second song there in my ce promo a while back (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCFh3vYpR9U)

Higuy
November 28th, 2009, 07:32 PM
DEE I thought you said you hated the second song when I showed it to you, lol.

DEElekgolo
November 28th, 2009, 07:46 PM
It is used too much.

Ganon
November 28th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Where? I've never seen it before I used it

DEElekgolo
November 28th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Gmod contraption presentations.

DPeDroiA
November 28th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Well, yoyorast's purpose of the contest is to promote the map.
Let's say you never even heard of Halo CE. And let's say you never played custom maps (like console users).
If you see a video that is very short about it, wouldn't you want to know more about this map? Usually the longer the video is, the more places you know about.
t3h m00kz shows many places in the map, and it is long (which makes it a great video).

Also, yoyorast 2 is a huge map... If it's a short video, i don't think it shows enough features of the map.

I say that the voters still choose, however, a longer video is probably given a lot more effort and time.

Ganon
November 28th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Well, yoyorast's purpose of the contest is to promote the map.
Let's say you never even heard of Halo CE. And let's say you never played custom maps (like console users).
If you see a video that is very short about it, wouldn't you want to know more about this map? Usually the longer the video is, the more places you know about.
t3h m00kz shows many places in the map, and it is long (which makes it a great video).

Also, yoyorast 2 is a huge map... If it's a short video, i don't think it shows enough features of the map.

I say that the voters still choose, however, a longer video is probably given a lot more effort and time.

lol

most people wont want to watch something that is long

DPeDroiA
November 28th, 2009, 10:04 PM
lol

most people wont want to watch something that is long

If it is interesting they will.
Before Yoyorast 2 came out, I didn't have the beta.
If I ever found any Yoyorast 2 beta videos, I would watch the whole thing, because I wanted to know all the features of the map.
You might think that a long video would be boring, probably because you played Yoyorast 2 already.
But for the people who haven't, it can be very interesting.

jcap
November 28th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I always thought the minimum 5 minute requirement for this contest was too much. A trailer is supposed to be short and sweet. The whole point of it is to capture the viewer's attention and catch them before they become bored. You need to remember that this isn't for people who are already interested in the map and want to see a cool video - this is for people who have never heard of it and want to see the best of the map.

The longer the video is does not necessarily correlate with how good it is. A good director would be able to come up with a storyboard . I actually had a pretty good trailer laid out and I was planning on working on this with Con, but the length turned me away. We wanted to make a massive, yet coherent montage of Yoyorast to a single instrumental song with minimal loops. Having more than one song was unprofessional in our opinion. Another difficulty was that there was only so much redundant gameplay a viewer wants to see. We had several awesome scenes planned, but it would have only filled a couple of minutes. Out of good, fitting ideas, the only other option would have been to fill it with just more clips of generic fighting, taking away the thrill from the rest of the video we worked so hard planning.

Ganon
November 29th, 2009, 01:03 AM
yOh-dQ1p-cA

Gentlemen.

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CJ4J8LJT

tythespy
November 29th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Sure it looks good, but its not entertaining and the intro was pointless.

DEElekgolo
November 29th, 2009, 01:35 AM
The into looks like you followed a bunch of video co-pilot tutorials.

Ganon
November 29th, 2009, 01:41 AM
The into looks like you followed a bunch of video co-pilot tutorials.

just the energy wave, everything was made from scratch though.

Ty: sorry for my 10 second intro giving halo ce websites publicity and saying who the video was by :smith:

t3h m00kz
November 29th, 2009, 03:00 AM
p good camera work. Lot of good stuff in a short ammount of time.

You know while I have time I'm going to attempt to trim my video a bit

Cortexian
November 29th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Ugh, the amount of indecision around this makes me a very very sad panda. I originally had a great idea for a music selection but had to trash the idea because the song wasn't long enough... Now I find out that the rules have completely changed and videos of any length can be submitted? That's extremely unfair since a lot of us have been working under a fixed set of rules since the contest started...

I won't be voting for any videos that are under the 4 minute requirement, due to the simple fact that they're not following the rules of the contest. I'd prefer that no videos under 4 minutes in length even be considered for the final voting process. Changing the time requirement (or any rules) less than a week before the contest is due to close is complete bullshit.

Hell if someone posted up a video under 3:30 minutes that was created with a million dollar budget, and it was literally the best video I've seen EVER created for Halo CE I wouldn't be voting for it.

On a positive note, I can't wait to get rid of the 400GB+ of 1080p (or better) video files I have of the island...

t3h m00kz
November 29th, 2009, 03:57 AM
I agree to some extent. I did my best to reach the 4:00 time mark first time around. All I had was the intro at the time, and it was short. By ten or twenty seconds. I couldn't squeeze any more in. If it weren't short, I probably wouldn't have added the race/slayer sections.

Lateksi
November 29th, 2009, 04:02 AM
Awesome video, Ganon! Glad you like dnb too :)

yoyorast
November 29th, 2009, 04:03 AM
I agree to some extent. I did my best to reach the 4:00 time mark first time around. All I had was the intro at the time, and it was short. By ten or twenty seconds. I couldn't squeeze any more in. If it weren't short, I probably wouldn't have added the race/slayer sections.

That's why I was asking the 1st participents if they agreed the rule change..

Cortexian
November 29th, 2009, 04:32 AM
That's why I was asking the 1st participents if they agreed the rule change..
No.

t3h m00kz
November 29th, 2009, 04:41 AM
I'm leaning toward no, but I'm mostly neutral.

Rosco
November 29th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Ugh, the amount of indecision around this makes me a very very sad panda. I originally had a great idea for a music selection but had to trash the idea because the song wasn't long enough... Now I find out that the rules have completely changed and videos of any length can be submitted? That's extremely unfair since a lot of us have been working under a fixed set of rules since the contest started...

I won't be voting for any videos that are under the 4 minute requirement, due to the simple fact that they're not following the rules of the contest. I'd prefer that no videos under 4 minutes in length even be considered for the final voting process. Changing the time requirement (or any rules) less than a week before the contest is due to close is complete bullshit.

Hell if someone posted up a video under 3:30 minutes that was created with a million dollar budget, and it was literally the best video I've seen EVER created for Halo CE I wouldn't be voting for it.

On a positive note, I can't wait to get rid of the 400GB+ of 1080p (or better) video files I have of the island...

Well then you're stupid.

You spent wayyyy too long preparing for this and didn't hold back incase anything did change. I've been waiting for a long while to see the rule changed so I can post a 3:30 video.

Improvise, I made 2 videos incase this rule changed.

Edit: also yoyo, pmed :)

yoyorast
November 29th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Free, I'm sorry man, but the thing is I can't delay the contest now that everybody is done... it was my bad in the 1st place to ask for 4 mins vids... accept my apologie man. I really would have liked to see your work. But if I understand well, you missed TIME and FULL SERVER to do what you wanted so I'm not 100% gulty I guess.

Mookz, I feel sorry too man, but at least you're in lol... as you said, if you got bit of time, you can always make it shorter if that's possible (in the middle part in my opinion)..

t3h m00kz
November 29th, 2009, 05:28 AM
I'm re-uploading a slightly shorter version of my video. If all goes well it should be up before the 22:00 deadline.

EDIT:

GuSVyR82erk

Give it time to process for better quality

Cortexian
November 29th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Free, I'm sorry man, but the thing is I can't delay the contest now that everybody is done... it was my bad in the 1st place to ask for 4 mins vids... accept my apologie man. I really would have liked to see your work. But if I understand well, you missed TIME and FULL SERVER to do what you wanted so I'm not 100% gulty I guess.
I'm still going to submit a video, but it won't win because I had to rush a lot of stuff due to the fact that I wasn't able to get the clips I wanted.

t3h m00kz
November 29th, 2009, 05:45 AM
I ran into the same thing. I couldn't really find any good oddball/koth servers, a team king game with a multikill with a rocket at a hill full of other players would have been epic.

But yeah I feel for you dawg

Cortexian
November 29th, 2009, 05:51 AM
I'm rendering my final version now which should take about an hour... After that I'll have to upload it which will take anywhere from 1-5 hours depending on how my internet connection feels...

yoyorast
November 29th, 2009, 07:23 AM
I'm rendering my final version now which should take about an hour... After that I'll have to upload it which will take anywhere from 1-5 hours depending on how my internet connection feels...

Dam nice to hear it.. And cannot aim free... :(