PDA

View Full Version : Yoyorast Island V2.1

Inferno
October 20th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Post and vote.

It will be the same map but maybe a different sky and changes to the model/game play.

Ki11a_FTW
October 20th, 2009, 10:04 PM
tbh i kind of like the idea of snowyorast because not much of a change in the map will make the users want to play it, then youll end up having a mishmosh of yoyov2 and v2.1.

Here are some ideas that could be worked with-

the surrounding ocean can be turned into ice

change the cliff and ground shaders (with some small remodeling work to make it fit snow style more)

replace some ground with ice to make the driving a bit more difficult

snow weather and fog of course

replacing the trans with the "snow hog" which would have an advantage on ice

maybe have a glacier thing or something crashed in one side of the island making a whole set of alternate walking areas

I know a lot of people are against this, but i personally like all of the snow maps people made for CE (i.e snowcast, snowtorn, snow grove, etc)

e: also wait a while ftw

NuggetWarmer
October 20th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Sunset plox

chrisk123999
October 20th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Sunset plox

Cortexian
October 20th, 2009, 10:07 PM
dusk-night lighting with a snow theme, go.

S3anyBoy
October 20th, 2009, 10:08 PM
tbh i kind of like the idea of snowyorast because not much of a change in the map will make the users want to play it, then youll end up having a mishmosh of yoyov2 and v2.1.

Here are some ideas that could be worked with-

the surrounding ocean can be turned into ice

change the cliff and ground shaders (with some small remodeling work to make it fit snow style more)

replace some ground with ice to make the driving a bit more difficult

snow weather and fog of course

replacing the trans with the "snow hog" which would have an advantage on ice

maybe have a glacier thing or something crashed in one side of the island making a whole set of alternate walking areas

I know a lot of people are against this, but i personally like all of the snow maps people made for CE (i.e snowcast, snowtorn, snow grove, etc)

e: also wait a while ftw

Seconded, except making the ocean ice, saltwater shouldn't be frozen, and don't make the fog too thick.

chrisk123999
Snow is over used.

STLRamsFan
Well it depends, what type of changes are you considering in terms of model and game play? If you plan on releasing it in a few months, at least make it worth the wait instead of releasing practically the same thing. I'm not really a fan of the snow idea to be quite honest but I wouldn't mind seeing it rain or look stormy. That would be a whole lot cooler but that's just me.

And if this is indeed the last version of Yoyorast, I'm personally in favor of bringing back the secret room. If you don't want it to be secret, do what you did in the second version by making it a "normal" room. My idea would be to have two rooms. First room would be in honor of the original map, I would personally like to see a copy of the first room. While the second would be in honor of the second map. Would make much sense considering everything the Yoyorast Island Map Series has gone through over the years...

chrisk123999
October 20th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Well it depends, what type of changes are you considering in terms of model and game play? If you plan on releasing it in a few months, at least make it worth the wait instead of releasing practically the same thing.

And if this is indeed the last version of Yoyorast, I'm personally in favor of bringing back the secret room. If you don't want it to be secret, do what you did in the second version by making it a "normal" room. My idea would be to have two rooms. First room would be in honor of the original map, I would personally like to see a copy of the first room. While the second would be in honor of the second map. Would make much sense considering everything the Yoyorast Island Map Series has gone through over the years...

This.

flibitijibibo
October 20th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Give it some time and let the people decide on a new theme. Besides, y'all deserve a break.

Cortexian
October 20th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I still think it would be cool to "raise" the island up as if it were the top portion of an iceberg. Make the bits of the map that currently have contact with water into sloping cliffs that are to steep to walk on, and make the water a death plane so if you hit it you die. None of this "if you fall off you can just walk back up" crap, there are plenty of maps that result in death if you fall off.

And add some type of surrounding scenery so we're not faced with a boring nothingness 360 degrees around the island.

BobtheGreatII
October 20th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Lava sea please. :downs:

(/sarcasm)

Sel
October 20th, 2009, 10:31 PM
How about, take out all the doors, and shit, and then re-release.

Ganon
October 20th, 2009, 10:35 PM
honestly, just adding a sunset would be nothing new. snow would be cool, and I don't think it's too terribly overused. well, by good maps that is.

BobtheGreatII
October 20th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Some ice burgs close to the island, and then just white fog would look neat. With snow falling of course.

Jean-Luc
October 20th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Some ice burgs close to the island, and then just white fog would look neat. With snow falling of course.
Also substitute the music for christmas style. You wouldn't be able to get me out of some rooms if "Let it Snow" was heard by nearby players :neckbeard:

Pyong Kawaguchi
October 20th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Screw a new version, just make snowyorast
:D

n00b1n8R
October 20th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Put geometry around the edge of the map (way beyond a player/vehicle clip) like you're in lake (ala Delta Halo) or nearby islands (perhaps put some wacky gemoetry onto them as well vOv, maybe a mockup of the origional island!).

Snow's a bad idea imo (doesn't really suit the map) but a light-moderate drissel would work well I think (get a pretty sky too).

What rams said about the secret room tbh. It was part of the character of the map. just make it absolutely rediculously hard to get to (and make the new one at the tofu room :o!)

And take as long as you need and call it the Directers Cut or something to make it more appealing to kiddes than just yoyorast_island_V2.1

Seconded, except making the ocean ice, saltwater shouldn't be frozen, and don't make the fog too thick.
Salt water shouldn't freeze? The arctic would like a word, mate :v:

Matooba
October 20th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Lava sea please. :downs:

(/sarcasm)

Volcanorast, A Volcano spewing forth lava and boiling seas of doom. Flying flaming lava rock ground splits.

A_Gey_Goat
October 20th, 2009, 11:21 PM
What most of you don't seem to be considering is the effect this will have on FPS. All the bumped cubemaps will rape the FPS, not to mention the massive amounts of other cubemaps for other ice and things like rock. Plus you all want added geometry, which will further hurt the unsteady FPS if you start adding extra things in the distance. Oh, and WPS's may also further effect it, depending on how bad particle popping is already in the map.

Your going to be looking at a FPS drop of at least 7 FPS, more likely between 10-15, if you make it snowy.

-Masterz1337

Hunter
October 21st, 2009, 05:11 AM
Stormy theme, so raining and stormy sea if possible. Water levels a bit higher. Fog and heavy rain maks it hard to see far.

Bumb map crazy so that everywhere is shiny to make it all look wet and shiny, would look nice. And maybe new skybox with the moon, so it would be dark but have a good amount of moonlight.

Just and idea.

tythespy
October 21st, 2009, 05:34 AM
Do it now, before people decide to play on both versions.

Cagerrin
October 21st, 2009, 05:38 AM
Stormy theme, so raining and stormy sea if possible. Water levels a bit higher. Fog and heavy rain maks it hard to see far.

Bumb map crazy so that everywhere is shiny to make it all look wet and shiny, would look nice. And maybe new skybox with the moon, so it would be dark but have a good amount of moonlight.

Just and idea.
I wonder if it's possible to make lighting-affecting lightning in CE...

yoyorast
October 21st, 2009, 05:43 AM
I don't see the point of your poll inferno, release a new version as I want it isn't makble like "now" and if we get to work now the map will be ready in like 2 month from now so people will have waited "a few month" in the end.

I never wanted "a very small update", the main changes I wanna make are in modeling/remodeling domain. I didn't list this changes in my last thread... Anyway it's nothing to do with cosmetic changes (although a sunset version smells good), snow is a big big work and I don't like it really.. The changes I wanna make would really make it worth to download, it's all about making the gameplay better... for example reworking the bases to have much less spawn killing, removing the sniper tower N2, making the way by feet shorter + many things and old ideas I wanted to put in in the 1st place...

And no way I put back any secret room, dam I can't believe some still want this.. can't you get that the more you hide it, the more poeple will spend their time looking for it... I didn't spent all this work for people look for a secret room but to enjoy the gameplay dam...

Lateksi
October 21st, 2009, 05:51 AM
You could make a slide down from the sniper tower #2 for people on foot, but I don't know how you could make it shorter for people going up unless you make the whole thing shorter or add some teleporter things.

Pooky
October 21st, 2009, 11:18 AM
for example reworking the bases to have much less spawn killing,

I've never understood why the bases weren't just walled off with glass or something. I've hated every version of yoyorast island because of this, people who just strafe back and forth with their pistols in front of or from the other bases.

Dwood
October 21st, 2009, 01:04 PM
Redo the geometry around YoYo V2 so it's more like an island in a strait. with waterfalls around it. Basically the original island surrounded by Niagara Falls.

Would be so epic to look at from the Sniper Tower.

sevlag
October 21st, 2009, 03:29 PM
people who just strafe back and forth with their pistols in front of or from the other bases.
I hear you with this, but thinking now, if you didn't go vehicle garage you'd have a small opening to go through, which a skilled player could just focus on that one entry way and snipe people as they leave the other way.

not every map can prevent spawn camping

but if i DID have to make a suggestion, remove OS from sniper perch

chrisk123999
October 21st, 2009, 03:50 PM
I don't see the point of your poll inferno, release a new version as I want it isn't makble like "now" and if we get to work now the map will be ready in like 2 month from now so people will have waited "a few month" in the end.

I never wanted "a very small update", the main changes I wanna make are in modeling/remodeling domain. I didn't list this changes in my last thread... Anyway it's nothing to do with cosmetic changes (although a sunset version smells good), snow is a big big work and I don't like it really.. The changes I wanna make would really make it worth to download, it's all about making the gameplay better... for example reworking the bases to have much less spawn killing, removing the sniper tower N2, making the way by feet shorter + many things and old ideas I wanted to put in in the 1st place...

And no way I put back any secret room, dam I can't believe some still want this.. can't you get that the more you hide it, the more poeple will spend their time looking for it... I didn't spent all this work for people look for a secret room but to enjoy the gameplay dam...

Then don't hide it and just tell everyone where the teleporter is.

Sever
October 21st, 2009, 04:12 PM
Then don't hide it and just tell everyone where the teleporter is.Hell, why not just cut out the teleporters altogether and just put the credits in one easy-to-access area that doesn't break the flow of gameplay?

Oh wait...

StankBacon
October 21st, 2009, 04:42 PM
rofl.

n00b1n8R
October 21st, 2009, 05:41 PM
I still want a section around the tofu room :saddowns:

NuggetWarmer
October 21st, 2009, 05:52 PM
Get rid of the bumps on the ramps leading to the flags. They're hell for ghosts.

yoyorast
October 21st, 2009, 06:05 PM
Hell, why not just cut out the teleporters altogether and just put the credits in one easy-to-access area that doesn't break the flow of gameplay?

Oh wait...

Is this a joke or am I missing something...? this is exaclty what I did.

Cortexian
October 21st, 2009, 06:22 PM
Is this a joke or am I missing something...? this is exaclty what I did.
He's being sarcastic.

EX12693
October 21st, 2009, 07:18 PM
I say do it now... but dont make anything crappy.

Cortexian
October 21st, 2009, 07:57 PM
No, nothing good will come from doing it now, try reading the thread and noticing that Yoyorast already said that it will take a few months minimum.

Inferno
October 21st, 2009, 07:58 PM

Quality member right here.

teh lag
October 22nd, 2009, 12:19 PM
Let's try that last page again, and not go off on tangents about rep.

EX12693
October 22nd, 2009, 11:13 PM
Okay then... So no one's started on this... but it sounds like Inferno wants to.

Cortexian
October 23rd, 2009, 12:53 AM
Okay then... So no one's started on this... but it sounds like Inferno wants to.
:lolugh:

Just stop posting.

EX12693
October 23rd, 2009, 01:09 AM
Let's try that last page again, and not go off on tangents about anything.
ATTN Freelancer: Stop Posting! -Modacity

How 'bout someone reply with something useful? :suicide:

Cortexian
October 23rd, 2009, 01:18 AM
How 'bout someone reply with something useful? :suicide:
This is pretty much why you shouldn't be posting, nothing you've posted has been "useful".

Anyways, I don't think that there should be a new version without some drastic changes. Obviously the "Yoyorast V2 Beta" message needs to be removed, but there NEEDS to be something else added to the map. Dusk/night lighting would definitely be cool but it's not enough to make the map stand out as a new version.

I honestly think that making the island into the top bit of an iceberg would be an awesome variation. The model would have to be reworked so that 90% or more of it looks like natural ice/snow formation, add portent style sky and lighting to it and you've got a great combination.

Add scenery surrounding the island as well, a few drifting icebergs here and there, and some land on at least one side that's far away and outside of the player clipping.

yoyorast
October 23rd, 2009, 03:19 AM
This is pretty much why you shouldn't be posting, nothing you've posted has been "useful".

Anyways, I don't think that there should be a new version without some drastic changes. Obviously the "Yoyorast V2 Beta" message needs to be removed, but there NEEDS to be something else added to the map. Dusk/night lighting would definitely be cool but it's not enough to make the map stand out as a new version.

I honestly think that making the island into the top bit of an iceberg would be an awesome variation. The model would have to be reworked so that 90% or more of it looks like natural ice/snow formation, add portent style sky and lighting to it and you've got a great combination.

Add scenery surrounding the island as well, a few drifting icebergs here and there, and some land on at least one side that's far away and outside of the player clipping.

I agree, it would look cool this way.. but this would mean a loot of remodeling work for only esthetic changes... I'm talking bout gameplay rework (also remodeling)... I can't pass twice the time for cometic changes..

+ for example, I still have my old boat model ready to put in.. but none has find a way to make it work along with hogs for the moment (it must float on water off course while hogs are supposed to stick the ground...) anyone got an idea to make this possible?

Cortexian
October 23rd, 2009, 04:15 AM
I agree, it would look cool this way.. but this would mean a loot of remodeling work for only esthetic changes... I'm talking bout gameplay rework (also remodeling)... I can't pass twice the time for cometic changes..
In that case I don't really see the need for a new version at all. As I said:

I don't think that there should be a new version without some drastic changes. Obviously the "Yoyorast V2 Beta" message needs to be removed, but there NEEDS to be something else added to the map. Dusk/night lighting would definitely be cool but it's not enough to make the map stand out as a new version.

Perhaps you could "tweak" Yoyorast Island V2 with all the little changes you have in mind right now, then pass the model and source material over to someone that could work on Snowyorast?

Lateksi
October 23rd, 2009, 04:25 AM
How do the boat thingys in Hydrolysis work? You could look at there.

Cortexian
October 23rd, 2009, 04:45 AM
How do the boat thingys in Hydrolysis work? You could look at there.
Already been done, that method will not work.

Dwood
October 23rd, 2009, 05:59 AM
No one's been able to figure out a working boat system. I don't think it's possible because the ones on Hydrolysis run on land too (lol).

Go with the Snowyorast and add snowmobiles instead or something.

yoyorast
October 23rd, 2009, 06:48 AM
Guys, I won't do snowrast thing lol... this would be the bets way to have 2 versions running with only cosmetic changes.. and I can't make my gameplay changes then give it to anyone for making it snowrast cause remodeling the thing to make it snow theme would change the way it means to be played... anyway, rememebr wartorn cove snow? It never been a success as the original one and the sequels with true gameplay modifs..

What about trusting me a bit on this guys..

And ye, I know nobody could make a boat float on water while hogs sticked to the ground... but I'm asking here for maybe someone has a new idea to make it work.. We never know

Ganon
October 23rd, 2009, 06:52 AM
Just make an entirely new thing :I

.Wolf™
October 23rd, 2009, 07:28 AM
Make a new map?=D

Cortexian
October 23rd, 2009, 11:13 AM
rememebr wartorn cove snow? It never been a success as the original one and the sequels with true gameplay modifs..
I remember that Snowtorn Cove was very popular when it was released, and I guarantee you that if people still played custom maps like they used to back with Wartorn Cov3, Snowtorn would of been played just as much.

People just don't play custom maps that much any more because there's no way to download maps in game through the server.

.Wolf™
October 23rd, 2009, 12:24 PM
Heres the problem - The few popular or great maps are usually the same, What the players want is something new.

And yoyorast 1 is, I´m not sure about v2. I have to admit V2 is great, Though the gameplay was somewhat overdone. But hey! Inferno and Yoyo accomplished something that hadnt been thought of before.

chrisk123999
October 23rd, 2009, 07:13 PM
Don't know if it would work or not, but could you make a boat that flies but cant pull up (or something) and have it "float" on the vehicle bottom ceiling?

EX12693
October 24th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Boats? Well, I guess it's a good idea, at least according to jcap's sig.

But what's the point of a boat anyway? There's no place to put it except at the beach, but that already has the tank and the atv's. Mabye in the credits room? (launches down one of the ramps)

justin108
October 24th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I remember that Snowtorn Cove was very popular when it was released, and I guarantee you that if people still played custom maps like they used to back with Wartorn Cov3, Snowtorn would of been played just as much.

People just don't play custom maps that much any more because there's no way to download maps in game through the server.

True words here, how about before making a new map someone remake the halospyce program so that map downloads are more integrated to CE. I think this is truly why no one plays the massive amount of maps available to us. I am aware of the hosting issues with doing such a thing, but if it were not for the 1 map at a time rule and the slow d/l speeds of halomaps.org i am sure it could somehow be directed to grab the maps from there. Probably never going to happen due to the lack of players on CE, and probably not worth it financially for hosting, but damn it would be nice.

Edit for Boats!!
I would love to see a screeny of your boat models, this is an excellent idea and it would be awesome if someone could help you out in this area, but i see the conundrum with the hog and all. It would be sexy though I must say.

yoyorast
October 26th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Ok guys, I just finished to remodel my old boat, as it is not going to be able to work as a boat, I turned it into an overcraft known as the "yoyovercraft" lol...

It's destinated to next yoyoV2.x version.
It's a 2 people vehicle only.
You have to imagine it with a chaingun at the back.

I don't want to add it just for fun, it will have a real interest in V2.x :
- it will be the only vehicle to be abble to pass the big wall in the middle of the sea.
- This will allow to turn around the entire island and have unique point of view/fire on it. Will help you're team fighting on the island.
- it will be a bit faster than other vehicles + will have more acceleration.
- Will be able to go on the beach off course but not into the island track (too large)
- Will be accessible from the panic room underground new corridor.

I'ts now in Skyline hands for skinning (Sky do you're best to make a state of the art skinning man, I really put my soul into the model)... + he will put it ingame...

EDIT :By the way, a little correction, I thought Skyline could skin the baby but he's not it's best skill, so I'd like to know if smeone would like to skin it and make it epic... Botley? D4NO? are you guys around?

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3979/amapi2009102616001314.png
Shot at 2009-10-26
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9036/amapi2009102616003187.png
Shot at 2009-10-26
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3152/amapi2009102616004839.png
Shot at 2009-10-26
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4635/amapi2009102616011198.png
Shot at 2009-10-26

TheGhost
October 26th, 2009, 10:38 AM
You should make a new map. How long have you been working on Yoyorast Island?

I would love to see how you work on something smaller, like a mid-size map. Might be easier to manage, too.

yoyorast
October 26th, 2009, 11:00 AM
You should make a new map. How long have you been working on Yoyorast Island?

I would love to see how you work on something smaller, like a mid-size map. Might be easier to manage, too.

I know I should ghost but I can't help it, I want it to be perfect man.. it's not gonna take ages this time.

By the way, a little correction, I thought Skyline could skin the baby but he's not it's best skill, so I'd like to know if smeone would like to skin it and make it epic... Botley? D4NO? are you guys around?

Hunter
October 26th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Fuck knows where Dano is. I ain't seen him on for ages. IV, Disaster and Scooby Doo are all good at texturing.

Dwood
October 26th, 2009, 12:51 PM
knows where Dano is. I ain't seen him on for ages. IV, Disaster and Scooby Doo are all good at texturing.

Dano-Roo kinda was kicked outta the community because of his "Obama == G.W. Bush" threads... :iamafag:

.Wolf™
October 26th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I´m with Ghost, You should do what he says.

justin108
October 27th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Looks good, hope he makes you a sexy skin for that.

Reaper Man
October 27th, 2009, 11:04 PM
It looks weird with a steering wheel, a hovercraft would probably have a more airplane-like set of controls.

EX12693
October 27th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Joysticks like in the ghost?
Cause, like, the ghost is a hovercraft... so why not joysticks?

Cortexian
October 28th, 2009, 12:39 AM
The majority of real hovercrafts have handlebar style steering, based on all the ones I've seen in real life while off-roading and doing cadet/military stuff.

Oh and they're absolutely rubbish when it comes to steering, basically if you're hovering along and you see something in your way, you're going to hit it. The steering is extremely useless and sluggish, and if you try to slow down to avoid it you either keep coasting into it or the edge digs into the ground and throws you into it. Either way you're hitting it, it just comes down to whether or not you want to be in or out of the hovercraft.

I must say though, the things are a BLAST for off-roading. Only thing that beats them is off-road buggies such as this:
http://www.ragemotorsport.com/cli/rms001/images/r150.jpg

EX12693
October 28th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Since when was this thread about off-roading? :cop:
We're talking about the GAME, and in the GAME, the GHOST, which is a hovercraft, has joystick steering. It look bad-ass. Use it.
You just lost the game.

Cortexian
October 28th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Since when was this thread about off-roading? :cop:
We're talking about the GAME, and in the GAME, the GHOST, which is a hovercraft, has joystick steering. It look bad-ass. Use it.
You just lost the game.
The only thing I posted that doesn't benefit the thread was the very last part about the buggy. Everything else is about how real human hovercrafts work and how horrible they are to actually use.

The Ghost is a Covenant vehicle, hence the joysticks, humans are much more attuned to using other types of controls when it comes to land based vehicles. That's why joysticks are rarely used in anything but airplanes when you can't practically fit another type of control system instead.

EX12693
October 28th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Yes, that's in real life. What about the game? Heck, the pelican is basically an over-powered hovercraft with wings... and it uses joysticks. It just looks better.

Cortexian
October 28th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Yes, that's in real life. What about the game? Heck, the pelican is basically an over-powered hovercraft with wings... and it uses joysticks. It just looks better.
That was quite possibly the most uninformed and stupid comment I've ever seen you make.

The pelican is clearly a VTOL, no where near a hovercraft.

I'd minus rep you but I need to spread more rep.

EX12693
October 28th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Dont VTOL aircraft... hover?

Anyway my point is use joysticks in the steering. It looks better. (like I said in my last 2 posts, but Free keeps bitching about random crap.)

Cortexian
October 28th, 2009, 07:14 PM
You're going on what looks better? You should be shot.

I've already said that most HUMAN HOVERCRAFTS USE HANDLE BAR STYLE STEERING.

Yes VTOL's hover, but the concept is 100% different than the way hovercraft hover, it's like comparing apples and oranges.

EX12693
October 28th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Well, my OPINION is that joysticks look better than handlebars. I should be shot for my opinion?
Jerk.
And who knows? Mabye in 500 years human technology will advance from what it is now... from handlebars to joysticks.
E: Also, the Yoyovercraft doesn't have a skirt to capture an air bubble to float on, so it must fly like a vtol.

AAA
October 28th, 2009, 07:29 PM

Keep it clean, bro. You don't need to express your anger with replies that are in such an ill-tempered manner.

Con
October 28th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Lancer, can you please stop acting like you're the authority on whatever topic you're posting in? We're open to ideas here. I like the idea of joysticks better than handle bars, so why don't you call me stupid and uninformed, -rep me, and tell me I should be shot for my perfectly sound opinion. PM me if you have something to say.

It's fine if you keep discussing this, just keep it clean.

Cortexian
October 28th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Sorry for pointing out that handlebars are superior to joysticks when it comes to hovercrafts! There's a very good reason that they use handlebars instead of joysticks as well. A joystick needs a lot of electronic components to operate the control surfaces, whereas handlebars are based more in mechanical and hydraulic control. Lots of things can go wrong with joysticks and electronic controls, and that's the very reason why handlebars are more practical.

If everything were designed by "what looks better", there would be absolutely nothing with any kind of practicality behind it. Looks should be the very last thing you think about when designing something or recommending an idea.

So there you go, that's why you should implement handlebars instead of some stupid electronic joystick system. If you want to argue that this is a video game, that's fine. If you want to argue that in the year 2552 we have more advanced electronics, you need to go read some Halo literature and note that there's still little we can do about EMP's knocking out electronics.

@ Con: I definitely don't act like the authority in all the topics I post in. I only do so when I have personal real life experience with what's being discussed.

EX12693
October 28th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Finally someone that listens! Thx!
Now that i think about it, Yoyo said it would be able to fly over the wall in the water... now, how high is that? 'Cause if it did do that, it would be able to get on the racetrack via the credits room, wouldnt it?

If everything were designed by "what looks better", there would be absolutely nothing with any kind of practicality behind it. Looks should be the very last thing you think about when designing something or recommending an idea. Way to go! Crush all creative design! Yeah! (no)

Cortexian
October 28th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Finally someone that listens! Thx!

Now that i think about it, Yoyo said it would be able to fly over the wall in the water... now, how high is that? ?cause if it did that, it would be able to get on the racetrack via the credits room, wouldnt it?
Again, you didn't read... The hovercraft is going to be to wider that all the other vehicles, and it won't be able to get through onto the race track.

EX12693
October 28th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Again, you didn't read... The hovercraft is going to be to wider that all the other vehicles, and it won't be able to get through onto the race track.
O my bad, thought the credit room entrance was large enough to fit the hovercraft. :ugh:

Cortexian
October 28th, 2009, 09:38 PM
O my bad, thought the credit room entrance was large enough to fit the hovercraft. :ugh:
The entrance is, but the part leading to the actual track is to small iirc. If not I'm sure Yoyo can fix that with the remodeling he's doing.

Hunter
October 28th, 2009, 09:43 PM

I've already said that most HUMAN HOVERCRAFTS USE HANDLE BAR STYLE STEERING.

Yes VTOL's hover, but the concept is 100% different than the way hovercraft hover, it's like comparing apples and oranges.

I always thought they where the same :smith:

EX12693
October 28th, 2009, 09:45 PM
It's true. They are both fruit.

Ok so yoyo can remodel if the entrance is too big. Good. :downs:

Cortexian
October 28th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I always thought they where the same :smith:

It's true. They are both fruit.

If you're going to be that way, it's like comparing apples to a particle accelerator.

Find a similarity, do it.

EX12693
October 28th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Okay. They are both physical objects that interact with and cause the combination of atoms.

English Mobster
October 28th, 2009, 11:59 PM
It's like comparing antimatter and matter.
(FYI, antimatter is pretty much the exact opposite of matter in every way.)

AAA
October 29th, 2009, 12:05 AM
They're both mirror images of one another.

English Mobster
October 29th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Nope. They don't even look remotely the same.
The only thing you can say that they have in common is that they both have nothing in common, and that doesn't count because I say so. :p

AAA
October 29th, 2009, 12:20 AM
but, when you look in the mirror, it's like an inversion of direction, or in this case, existence.

EX12693
October 29th, 2009, 12:23 AM
I thought this was apples and particle accelerators... They both can combine atoms. Particle accelerators do it by... accelerating particles at each other. Apples do it by combining themselves with oxygen. (Why they turn brown)

Cortexian
October 29th, 2009, 02:07 AM
I thought this was apples and particle accelerators... They both can combine atoms. Particle accelerators do it by... accelerating particles at each other. Apples do it by combining themselves with oxygen. (Why they turn brown)
Particle accelerators don't combine atoms hth~

Dwood
October 29th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Smash em together to destroy the world muahahaha.