PDA

View Full Version : Oh EA, why do I keep buying your products?

Sanctus
November 3rd, 2009, 08:35 PM
So I rented NFS Shift the other day aannnndd... it is a big disappointment for me. Sure it's nice and shiny on the outside, and at times a little thrilling given the perspective of how fast your going. You even get realistic tunnel vision.
But it was over hyped.
SPOILER ALERT(S):
The career progression is set up into four tiers. Each tier has severel events you can choose from, each having different races according to that even type. You progress by earning stars, and after you earn a certain number of stars, the next tier is unlocked. You get one star for coming in third in a race, two for second, and three for first. You also get stars per race for other things, depending in certain conditions. Lap time would be a good example.

To unlock Tier 2, you need roughly seventy to eighty stars. I'm about halfway through Tier 2 and I'm JUST NOW getting the hang of proper cornering. Why? Two reasons:
1.) Earning stars isn't hard.
2.) It's hard to get used to the overhauled driving physics, especially since there's no free drive mode to practice with. You wanna practice? Quick Race; which, by the way, still counts towards your career.

Also, about half the time I'm about to start a race when on the grid with my NPC team, there's that one person that's inexplicably standing in the middle of my car as if they were wearing it like an ostentacious belt.

EA, stop making NFS sequels every year. Take a pill, slow down, and dedicate more time to it. This is why GRID is better

Dwood
November 3rd, 2009, 08:38 PM
protip: Renting isn't buying.

TeeKup
November 3rd, 2009, 08:40 PM

We have a lot of EA based games. hth.

Sanctus
November 3rd, 2009, 08:45 PM
Including Most Wanted, Undercover, Dead Space, Underground, Hot Pursuit 2, and moar

TeeKup
November 3rd, 2009, 08:47 PM
You should check out Midnight Club Los Angeles. The physics were a bit quirky but overall I enjoyed the game very much.

Ganon
November 3rd, 2009, 09:11 PM
I like NFS Shift, it's fun to play once in a while, but there are better racin games.

Jean-Luc
November 3rd, 2009, 09:14 PM
I actually think EA publishes a lot of good products. Crysis, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Battlefield, NFS, etc. I actually enjoyed NFS Shift a lot, once my friend linked me to a config setup for driving that quite literally makes the driving 2x more enjoyable and intuitive.

Con
November 3rd, 2009, 09:50 PM
I used to be a big fan of NFS... I stopped at Underground 2 because then I realized they wouldn't stop with this shit.

.::Sim::.
November 3rd, 2009, 10:20 PM
Because EA makes decent games? No idea.

Wakeboy1337
November 3rd, 2009, 10:33 PM
I like shift's psychics. What I dont like is whne I bump another car, get some air, or tap a wall the game seems to "skip" some frames. It makes it nearly unplayable since we all tap against cars on the way to the front or when get hit in the rear from sudden braking.

p0lar_bear
November 4th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Moved to Tech Talk.

Bodzilla
November 6th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I used to be a big fan of NFS... I stopped at Underground 2 because then I realized they wouldn't stop with this shit.
bingo.

Amit
November 6th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Because EA makes decent games? No idea.

Nobody wants to play a decent game. We want to sit down and play a great game. Most decent games could be made a lot better if the developer had more time to do what they needed to do. Unfortunately, time constraints imposed by the publisher often limit what the developer can do with the game. In any case I refuse to give them money to play a game without knowing that thousands of people have approved of and played the game. That's why my collection is limited.