PDA

View Full Version : Eminem - Refill

Hunter
December 7th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Anyone herd his new tracks? They are fucking amazing.

Just so you all know, I think Eminem is amazing, he is all I listen to, literally.
He is releasing a new album, called Refill, with 6 tracks which didnt make it onto Relapse.

Relapse 2 is coming out next year.

Eminem - Music Box

r8qi21OJSqg

Eminem - Buffalo Bill

fo5x4p_1xFk

Eminem - Drop A Bomb On Em

ZHqZh8fPmeU

Eminem - Elevator

w5bq9v_oOyc

Eminem - Hell Breaks Loose

jwz48uruEdE

Eminem - Taking my Ball

RzppMIA-JWc

Eminem - Relapse Refill - Forever Ft. Drake, Kanye West & Lil' Wayne

etM9i_KN9hA

Damn, that post took ages to make Lol. Enjoy :P

Gwunty
December 7th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I do not see a bright future for this thread :pcgaming:

MastaCheefa
December 7th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Im a fan. I appreciate this. :)

Glad hes not doing that arabic accent as much on these.

ICEE
December 7th, 2009, 03:27 PM
People like rap?

Con
December 7th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Let's nopt turn this into a rap sucks/doesn't debate. I hate most rap but these weren't that bad.

JackHolez
December 7th, 2009, 03:31 PM
People like rap?

No, people live rap.:woop:

Hunter
December 7th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I don't like many, but people like Eminem are just amazing, and 50 Cent has gotten better.
And he's white :)

paladin
December 7th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I like the 3rd one a lot, Still listening to the others.

SiriusTexra
December 7th, 2009, 04:16 PM
IF you like rap, listen to Tricky or Mos Def, you know, real rap.

Fuck this shit.

=sw=warlord
December 7th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Post about it:nom:

paladin
December 7th, 2009, 04:21 PM
overall, i liked most of the songs.

Hunter
December 7th, 2009, 04:22 PM

Fuck this shit.
:eek::spamsign:

You can NOT beat Eminem. Going to listen to :airquote:Tricky now.

Edit: Wtf is that shit?

Gwunty
December 7th, 2009, 04:23 PM
qOuHan9loRs
just becuase Mr. flash produced this for him :iamafag:

Hunter
December 7th, 2009, 04:27 PM
The above is pretty decent, gets boring though. Vocal needs to be louder as well. Needs some emotion in the words as well Lol.

I'm probably just saying neg things because I like Eminem over any other rapper.

Maniac
December 7th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Rap has become very shitty lately.
Eminem has catchy tunes.

Disaster
December 7th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Eminem - Till I collapse

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RPkAHvp1Vgw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RPkAHvp1Vgw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Thats the only song by Eminem I listen to.

StankBacon
December 7th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Rap has become very shitty lately.

:raise:

I'm sure you meant to type always has been shitty.

PlasbianX
December 7th, 2009, 07:03 PM

As quoted from my friend's dad: "Rap isn't music, its just damn boom boom shit that you damn youngsters listen to today!"

Hunter
December 7th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Thing is about Eminem, he doesn't just speak words. He adds rhythm and life to his raps, and he partly sings.

Boba
December 7th, 2009, 07:21 PM
i try to add rhythm and life to my rapes too

Hunter
December 7th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Fixed :P You know what I meant Lmfao.

Heathen
December 7th, 2009, 07:31 PM
People like rap?

People like Eminem?

Maniac
December 7th, 2009, 07:32 PM

No i really meant that.
I really do not like rap music. and i like the retarded attitude that goes with it even less. But i do like catchy tunes (as does everyone) and Eminem has them in abundance.
I did appreciate Notorious's tunes as well a few others from around the same time.
There seems to me to be 2 kinds of rap music, the kind with good tunes and the whiny bitch kind.

Bodzilla
December 7th, 2009, 07:33 PM
eminem is brilliant simply because it's not just rap it's music.

He builds layers on layers and tells hectic storys.

he's fucking awesome.
he doesnt just rhyme he sets up patterns, syllables and entire lines together.

that is why he's so far above the rest.

=sw=warlord
December 7th, 2009, 08:10 PM

he's fucking awesome.

Dosn't really help him much when the rest are all in a tar pit.:realsmug:

Needles
December 7th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I like more punk rock and thrash metal stuff, not really a huge fan of rap but that was pretty decent.

Maniac
December 7th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Unless you are listening to something pre 1990, there is no punk.

Needles
December 7th, 2009, 08:22 PM

Are choking victim and dead kennedys to new? =P

SiriusTexra
December 7th, 2009, 08:25 PM

he's fucking awesome.

Your clueless dude. Eminem is nothing more than a carbon copy of all the good brit trip hop. You obviously havent heard anything OTHER than eminem. Even Jay Z has more going for his stuff, and hes a total fucking douche. There are plenty of rappers and hip hop people who used "music and layers" before he did.

Listen to Massive Attack, Tricky, krsone, Grandmaster Flash... Mos Def...Portishead......

These guys are literally the idols of all the rap dickheads these days, problem is, they suck.

Here, jesus:

1EsGwLFchRg

and this

ZWmrfgj0MZI

Universally one of the greatest and most influential songs of the 90's.

annihilation
December 7th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Silly children who think todays music is "good" and even comparable to previous artist like Tupac or Notorius B.I.G.
You make me laugh.

Good tracks, I've always liked Eminem.

Maniac
December 7th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Are choking victim and dead kennedys to new? =P
I am not, But wil +rep for a great answer.

ST, you have a point, portishead and massive attack are good, but its really not the same thing.
They are 2 genres, that appeal to different people.

TeeKup
December 8th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Sorry, I prefer not to shove trash into my ears.

This thread needs to not.

Bodzilla
December 8th, 2009, 06:06 AM
pennywise where 90's and they where fucking awesome!
also millencollin!

E: and dane i prefer Eminem's themes over these other guys.
by a mile. i still think he's phonetically the best in the business.

different tastes.

Limited
December 8th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Eminem? He has some good tunes, used to like him. I thought he quit music like 3+ years ago, why the heck is he still making albums?

Slim Shady LP, Marshell Mathers LP, Eminem Show and Encore were good albums.

Eminem - Till I collapse
Most underrated Eminem song, till it hit the MW2 trailer lol..

blind
December 8th, 2009, 04:31 PM
the best eminem song is rabbit run.. lol.
eminems alright but his voice is so annoying.
hilltop hoods please.

SiriusTexra
December 8th, 2009, 05:57 PM
also millencollin!

E: and dane i prefer Eminem's themes over these other guys.
by a mile. i still think he's phonetically the best in the business.

different tastes.

Pennywise, Eminem?

The best!??

You say it's a matter of taste, then you call him the best, based on, 0 experience. Oh and don't use words like phonetically when you obviously don't know what they mean dude. Next I'll hear you calling a tongue a "palette" because some douche said it.

:allears:

If you think eminem writes lyrics that are true to his heart, your kidding yourself. No one does that, and certainly not eminem. 90 percent of lyrics are all inspired by music, not idea. It's even worse with rap, because the whole point is to rhym words and syllables, which instantly compromises meaning for audible structure.

Eminems themes are all self important indulgent rants on pretty much nothing that matters. The other guys I mentioned are where they are because of their messages about the other, rather than the self, Eminem is where is because:

a) hes white

b) hes got a catchy viral like annoying voice

c) he was easy to market to white kids who wanted to be in the pseudo black movement

Enjoying that, that's fine but then when you realise it's eminems PRODUCERS who write most of his accompanying melodies you see what it really is. Spliced demographic focused "phat beeatsZ"

Your musical opinion is void, dude. Anyone who was a musician that didn't have thier head in the clouds would know exactly why that kind of music is an abomination an should be left behind in history as a dark period. You play guitar ffs, how can you appreciate dogshit cheesy cheap tacky music.

Oh, and you literally picked two of the most commercial popcorn staples of every casual music fuckhead.

Pennywise and Greenday and all those bands back then were seen as complete shit, and infiltration into the real deal, places where sonicyouth and primus, helmet etc, were king. Same thing has happened wiht every genre, highjacked by entrepreneurs and business men who dabble in "music".

Now that fake copycut shit is dubbed AWESOME because people lack musical influence and history and forgot how to see a snake in the grass.

"Goth" was created by Siouxie and the Banshees, The Cure, Joy Division, and then was highjacked by sellouts like Afi and Marilyn Manson.

This has happened to all of it. MainstreamMetal (oxymoron?) is nothing more than a recycle of the same shit, it stopped being amazing pretty much at the turn of the new century. You still find great bands in amongst the rough, but I'm talking about the general clump of it.

Same goes for "Indy", which is now basically pop, and what pop was is now rap.

Oh, and while I'm on the topic, Dark Side of the Moon and Pablo Honey and etc are not the greatest albums of all time. No such thing exists.

Musical taste matters when you call it how it is. Saying opinion is opinion than stating that the global consensus is "this band" is complete garbage.

I wait for music to find me, rather than me going out and forcing myself to experience it because someone and someone else said to do so.

Eminem is fine if your into that, just don't call it music.

DrunkenSamus
December 8th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Featuring Drake, Kanye, Lil Wayne? No thanks.

Bodzilla
December 8th, 2009, 07:41 PM
you take this shit way to seriously dane.

and yes i know exactly what phonetics is, what the fuck do you think it is if you dont think he's gifted with it.
>_<

Needles
December 8th, 2009, 08:23 PM
also millencollin!

No. No no no no no. N-o.

The only punk bands I really found so far that I like are Choking Victim, DK, and misfits are ok (oh my almost forgot about the ramones too). But not those.

Maniac
December 8th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Stiff Little Fingers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA1WZI58nkM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QQJBvIcl-0
The Exploited?

Bodzilla
December 9th, 2009, 01:54 AM
No. No no no no no. N-o.

The only punk bands I really found so far that I like are Choking Victim, DK, and misfits are ok (oh my almost forgot about the ramones too). But not those.
Bad religion?

MastaCheefa
December 9th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Featuring Drake, Kanye, Lil Wayne? No thanks.

As much as I dislike Lil Wayne, its actually a really good song.

I really like this live remix of the song by Travis Barker. Hes done a few of these to hip hop songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeEgtfm8W2E

Jean-Luc
December 9th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Unlike Hunter, I do not think he's the BEST out there (glances at DMX, etc) but Eminem is entertaining to listen to. These latest songs didn't really do it for me but his older work was great.

Then again, I'm a classic rock snob so I may not be the best judge of what constitutes "good" rap. However, I'll take anything over the homogenized mess that comprises 95% of mainstream music rap.

Maniac
December 9th, 2009, 09:26 AM
PdboZcFlpUg
just coz

blind
December 9th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Eminem is fine if your into that, just don't call it music.
lol.
1 a : the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity b : vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony

Champ
December 9th, 2009, 06:13 PM

Fuck this shit.
-Tricky, + all of wu tang clan, rakim, jadakiss, nas, jae millz, big pun, big l, saigon, etc etc

SiriusTexra
December 11th, 2009, 04:42 PM
lol.
1 a : the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity b : vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony

No.

Real music is played not spliced like some planned birth.

Real music has fans, not consumers.

SiriusTexra
December 11th, 2009, 04:59 PM
you take this shit way to seriously dane.

and yes i know exactly what phonetics is, what the fuck do you think it is if you dont think he's gifted with it.
>_<

Uh, classic I KNOW WHAT IT IS WHAT DO YOU THINK IT IS throwaround.

Music is supposed to be taken seriously, Mr "I love Pink Floyd cuz they sing about the evil record comapnies killing the musicians"

Then you do a complete 180 and listen to Eminem and then even go so far as to promote him by saying hes the best in his genre?

Does eminem sing about how EMI's holding company makes nuclear weapons? No, he sings about me myself an I.

Your like a kid at a birthday party, there are 3 cakes on the table, upside down, pavlova and a mudcake.

You take only a bite from the mudcake and say it's the best and to disregard the others.

The only thing eminem has as a gift for is the gift to take on producers and sound editing people who know how to appeal to his demographic. If you think ANY of these so called musicians do any of their sampling or arrangement or editing your fucking kidding yourself.

All they do is write the lyrics, IF THAT. The lyrics get chopped and changed around like wedding invitations by various legal people and marketing people, and sorry, but if lyrics get changed more than 1, 2, 3 times based on appeal and razzamataz they're instantly full of shit, and nothing more.

Not take music seriously? Fuck me, your a traitor. How can you even listen to that shit knowing what it really is.

I'm not one of the " I HATE RAP CUZ IM HARDCORE METALZ" people because rap is a good legible form of music. I'm not denying that.

But eminem and gang, are full of shit, and allways have been. Maybe his initial intentions were pure, maybe his first album had some merit.

But it's gone now if it was there.

Ganon
December 11th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Eminem hasn't been good since 2002, lately his work (including this album) is nothing but mediocre. He used to bring a lot of energy to the table, making his material enjoyable to listen to. He is phonetically good, but far from the best... He is a really impressive freestyler with a great deal of talent, unfortunately his raps are often times about nothing but himself, how big he thinks his cock is and how much kevlar he thinks he's strappin. He fails to represent himself positively offstage and onstage, which really has an impact on the rap community, giving it the general bad image. In my opinion, the majority of modern day rap and hip hop fans are pathetic and have bad taste in music. If you want an example of a rap artist that has talent and represents himself well as a celebrity, check out mos def.

Music is supposed to be taken seriously

By the person enjoying whatever they are listening to, and if they can give a good answer on why they enjoy it, then good for them.

Needles
December 11th, 2009, 06:30 PM

Must spread rep :saddowns:

Bodzilla
December 11th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Uh, classic I KNOW WHAT IT IS WHAT DO YOU THINK IT IS throwaround.

Yahtsee from zero punctuation is phonetically gifted.

yes i know exactly what it fucking is, and i cant figure out how you dont realize he is as well.
wether your confusing it with some mystic musican charisma or someshit.

the ability to convey information quickly through voice in an easy to understand and interpret way.
plays on words, puns ect...

compare him to kayne west and you'll see exactly what i'm talking about.

Just because i'm unwilling to go on with a fucking shit fight over something such as a personal preference in music doesnt mean i dont have anything to fight you with.
i just dont see the point because you made up your mind on this shit a fucking long time ago.

also that whole thing
"If you think eminem writes lyrics that are true to his heart, your kidding yourself. No one does that, and certainly not eminem. 90 percent of lyrics are all inspired by music, not idea. It's even worse with rap, because the whole point is to rhym words and syllables, which instantly compromises meaning for audible structure."
I've once heard you praise Tool for doing the exact same thing.
schism anyone?

Get off the rag.
we know you care about music

Maniac
December 11th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Seriously though. Its ok for people to disagree.
You dont have to force your opinions on anyone else just to make your opinion more "just".
Grunty sucks cocks.
Is this mans behavior typically Australian?
fBWAjn2a3rA

blind
December 12th, 2009, 08:25 PM
No.

You're a moron :)
Want me to bust out the dictionary again bud?

Main Entry: 1in·stru·ment
Pronunciation: \ˈin(t)-strə-mənt\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin instrumentum, from instruere to arrange, instruct
Date: 14th century
1 : a device used to produce music; also : a singing voice

A device used to produce music.
now
synthesizers are devices that can produce sounds put together in a rhythmic way...aka music.

I don't very well think you can argue against fucking Webster.

Ganon
December 12th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I wouldn't want to pick a fight with Merriam-Webster

SiriusTexra
December 12th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Yahtsee from zero punctuation is phonetically gifted.

yes i know exactly what it fucking is, and i cant figure out how you dont realize he is as well.

hes not.

wether your confusing it with some mystic musican charisma or someshit.

the ability to convey information quickly through voice in an easy to understand and interpret way.
plays on words, puns ect...

eminem

a) doesnt convey any information

b) easy to understand isnt a hard thing to do

c) he doesn't play anything on words, it's not really as hard as you think to make up bullshit dude.

This isn't debateable. HE is complete dogshit compared to everything else out there.

compare him to kayne west and you'll see exactly what i'm talking about.

Comparing shit to dogshit doesn't make him fantastic

You want to compare 2 people from the same shitpile and act as if they're anything different to each other?

Just because i'm unwilling to go on with a fucking shit fight over something such as a personal preference in music doesnt mean i dont have anything to fight you with.

Personal preference has nothing to do with the fact that eminem just like all those guys, is a liar, a marketing whore and his producers do all the work for him.

Rap isn't bad, rap is a form of music like any other. Eminem, however, is the white horse if you will of rap.

i just dont see the point because you made up your mind on this shit a fucking long time ago.

There's nothing to "make up". It. is. not. debatable.

Your biased on this situation because you've been wrapped around eminems little pogo stick for as long as I can remember. Your basing his greatness on no real fact and just opinon, and you haven't heard anything else besides, him, otherwise, you wouldn't like him at all if you had.

also that whole thing
"If you think eminem writes lyrics that are true to his heart, your kidding yourself. No one does that, and certainly not eminem. 90 percent of lyrics are all inspired by music, not idea. It's even worse with rap, because the whole point is to rhym words and syllables, which instantly compromises meaning for audible structure."
I've once heard you praise Tool for doing the exact same thing.
schism anyone?

No, because they do it on purpose as a musical tool, and they say so. They don't beat around the bush about it. He uses the vocals as an instrument, and as a means to convey message.

The lyrics DO mean something, in every tool song, schism, as a matter of fact is the relationship of 2 people who are so conjoined and compromised by each others habits that they have become one entity, one entity that is constantly ripping itself apart and putting itself back together again.

Eminem likes to waffle about how hes about community and family unity and homies and all that bullshit, when he sold out that idea a long long time ago.

Get off the rag.

Who'd you steal that phrase off?

we know you care about music

...of course I care about music...

?????

That's this very arguments sole purpose. The fact that you care about music that doesn't care about you, and you praise it while it undermines everything people have made music about before.

Bold. Eminem, is a total fucking shill, just like all of them. The ability to slap a whole bunch of words together and then find a meaning to them afterwords is very easy.

He may be able to speak the words fast, but that's his job, he's been doing that for a long time. Also, his lyrics give the illusion of fast staccato like improvisation, by using lots of similar sounding words to roll off the tongue easier. It's really not as fucking shit hot as you think it is.

That is credible, that is music in it's own right, but his very nature and message and lifestyle make his music worth about as much as bottle caps.

There are plenty of people out their with better messags, better integrity, better sounds and more creativity then him.

By picking the cheese staple of any commercial rap dickheads music playlist, your kind of proving my point for me.

SiriusTexra
December 12th, 2009, 09:34 PM
You're a moron :)
Want me to bust out the dictionary again bud?

Main Entry: 1in·stru·ment
Pronunciation: \ˈin(t)-strə-mənt\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin instrumentum, from instruere to arrange, instruct
Date: 14th century
1 : a device used to produce music; also : a singing voice

A device used to produce music.
now
synthesizers are devices that can produce sounds put together in a rhythmic way...aka music.

I don't very well think you can argue against fucking Webster.

Urgh, your putting the cart before the horse on this one blind. Anything can be used to make music. the absence of sound, is sometimes just as important as the sound itself. That is completely awesome and fine and dandy.
I'm not saying those methods are not music. Creativity and structure of layering is one of my favorite parts of music.

What I'm blaming is the person, and the people not the medium. Plenty of people like NIN, Bjork and others do amazing creativity with sampling sounds and synthesizers, because they really do focus on music and they use it as an instrument, rather than a backing track.

However, playing a standard chord progression on a keyboard, running some effects over and it and cutting it up along a time line at intervals and then adding some douche bag hollow lyrics is a complete bastardization of the system. ANYONE can do that. ANYONE. Now, music is somethign EVERYONE can express, but calling it musically exceptional and fantastic is based on the merit of the music itself.

You'll notice that any commerical raps melodies are infact made by the producer. Is he a musician? No. He's just a sound editor.

This makes the music, as I said before, a planned birth. Planned timings and planned notes and planned fake garbage lyrics to make "this sound" and make "this theme" and sell it to "these people". Sterile music, is music. I'm not denying that. Sometimes sterile and cold is a good thing to do, for a certain message.

But when every single song as made by the same textbook recipe and "Creative algorithm" it's instantly bullshit.

Please.

Jean-Luc
December 12th, 2009, 09:41 PM
This makes the music, as I said before, a planned birth. Planned timings and planned notes and planned fake garbage lyrics to make "this sound" and make "this theme" and sell it to "these people". Sterile music, is music. I'm not denying that. Sometimes sterile and cold is a good thing to do, for a certain message.

But when every single song as made by the same textbook recipe and "Creative algorithm" it's instantly bullshit.

Please.
I agree with this, and it's largely the reason why I love "LIVE" albums so much. Everything is real, nothing is planned, and the emotion is really there.

A fine example is AC/DC or Nickelback (don't shoot me). They sound great on their albums, to be sure, but you get them performing live? It's a whole different animal.

blind
December 12th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Urgh, your putting the cart before the horse on this one blind. Anything can be used to make music. the absence of sound, is sometimes just as important as the sound itself. That is completely awesome and fine and dandy.
I'm not saying those methods are not music. Creativity and structure of layering is one of my favorite parts of music.

What I'm blaming is the person, and the people not the medium. Plenty of people like NIN, Bjork and others do amazing creativity with sampling sounds and synthesizers, because they really do focus on music and they use it as an instrument, rather than a backing track.

However, playing a standard chord progression on a keyboard, running some effects over and it and cutting it up along a time line at intervals and then adding some douche bag hollow lyrics is a complete bastardization of the system. ANYONE can do that. ANYONE. Now, music is somethign EVERYONE can express, but calling it musically exceptional and fantastic is based on the merit of the music itself.

You'll notice that any commerical raps melodies are infact made by the producer. Is he a musician? No. He's just a sound editor.

Please.
lets agree that most rap is mass produced and commercialized to the point where there is little to no creativity involved.

this goes both ways however, most popular bands lately are complete garbage no matter what genre the music they are performing is.

big l, biggie, j5, wu tang, hilltop hoods, jmt, etc. are all very talented artists, whether it be rhythmically or lyrically. i and many other would glady listen to that than the bullshit songs that most 'rock' artists are pumping out lately.

that being said, i do enjoy listening to some kanye songs every once in a while, that same goes with eminem. i think that they have talent although i grow weary of cookie cut pop songs rather quickly, but they are not shit as you have said earlier, if they did not have talent they would not be at the point they are today.

MastaCheefa
December 12th, 2009, 11:40 PM

Please.

One day you will look back on this thread and slap yourself in the face.

Maniac
December 13th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Jesus fucking christ.
Its all fucking opinion.
Stop trying to shove yours down our throats.
If you cant respect other peoples opinions (especially when you do not agree)
then you are a self serving moron, who will get nowhere in life.

blind
December 13th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Jesus fucking christ.
Its all fucking opinion.
Stop trying to shove yours down our throats.
If you cant respect other peoples opinions (especially when you do not agree)
then you are a self serving moron, who will get nowhere in life.
you cant deny talent without being a moron. even though i hate him with a passion ill admit that weezy can spit fire if he wants too even though he wastes his time on bullshit like lollipop and a millie

flibitijibibo
December 13th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Oh good lord, people are talking about this in an Eminem thread?

Dane has it just about right. I think he had a bit too much emphasis on the background noise and not what people actually care about, and I'd like to clear that up:

These guys are excellent lyricists. Musicians? Well, I suppose those rhythms and occasional pitches are alright, but as Dane said, 99% of what you hear behind those words were NOT made by the person speaking over them. Producers handle all of that, then the lyricist goes "oh shit, that sounds cool, I want to rhyme over that!" I know this because I'm currently that producer working on an album for someone up in College Park. Believe me, it's not uncommon. There are the lonely few that can make their own backgrounds, but they're very difficult to find.

So, TL;DR for those who are in the fight/about to join: Yes, they're talented. With words (and putting them into rhythm). Not the music-music. Some of them are, but not many.

So, opinion time before I leave: If anyone here actually likes the background over the words, isolate 4 measures of it, loop it for 5 minutes, and you're set. Like techno, but without an upper voice.

Maniac
December 13th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Reading this again, it looks like my post was aimed at Dano, it was not.
It was aimed at nobody in particular.