PDA

View Full Version : IMAX 3D and Time; How long do they keep em'

Bastinka
December 21st, 2009, 06:14 PM
Thread title says it all. Ever since I've read so many good reviews about James Cameron's AVATAR and nearly every one of them stating it is a Must See in IMAX 3D, how long is Modacity's estimated guess on how long they will keep the movie playing in some IMAX Theaters? Just estimate, I'm not a movie guy but I know IMAX 3D movies are seldom.

The reason I want to know this is because I'm visiting the States for a week on January 31st, so I would very much like to see the movie in IMAX 3D but am nervous for not knowing if it still will be playing in theaters from then on.

Halp.

Dwood
December 21st, 2009, 06:16 PM
Uhhh imax 3d seems to be in a while. It is quite possible it'll still be there. Only for the fact that it's the best way to see the movie. :P

Ganon
December 21st, 2009, 06:19 PM
it will still be playing at the end of february lol

Limited
December 21st, 2009, 06:20 PM
They dont have any in Germany?

Could you not google the area your going to in states, and find dates it stops showing?

AAA
December 21st, 2009, 06:27 PM
Why do they say IMAX 3D is the best? I honestly don't see the difference between that and Rave Motion Pictures... If at all, IMAX is worse...

Bastinka
December 21st, 2009, 06:29 PM
They dont have any in Germany?

Could you not google the area your going to in states, and find dates it stops showing?

They do, but they only have the viewings in German which is gonna be dubbed. And dubbed ruins the quality of the sounds :(

kid908
December 21st, 2009, 06:54 PM
RESERVE YOUR TICKETS! it'll tell you available dates and everything.

I rarely go into Imax and buy tickets there. you should reserve it.

paladin
December 21st, 2009, 06:55 PM
I saw it in 3d at at Regal. Its not 'Imax' but the screen was fucking huge

Corndogman
December 21st, 2009, 07:33 PM
http://www.movietickets.com/movie_detail.asp?movie_id=72011

Type in the area code of the city and date, that will tell you which theaters will be playing it on said date.