PDA

View Full Version : I just found out I am not getting anything for Christmas

CodeBrain
December 24th, 2009, 09:56 PM
:saddowns:

But I should be thankful anyway, after all Christmas is about spending time with your family, and the spirit of it, Christmas isn't about the presents.

Yet...I would like to get some stuff, but I just have to deal with getting nothing (This happened last year also), mainly because my family is in a money crisis right now.

:(

Bastinka
December 24th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I'm not getting anything either, we don't even have a tree. Mostly because I live in my own apartment now though my dad who lives 10 seconds away has money problems. I might be getting a cat though, now that I have all the stuff for one.

I will be joining you in a gift-less Christmas.

SnaFuBAR
December 24th, 2009, 10:08 PM
nobody is getting shit from me this year. my bro lost my whole tool set and borrowed 200 bucks.

god damnit.

SiriusTexra
December 24th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I've saved up a bit of money for me to buy myself something cool later, but for now all I want is some gravy smothered meat and potato bake.

Oh, and a swim, fucking sweating like shit in this dry heat.

blind
December 24th, 2009, 10:11 PM
sorry for your loss

TeeKup
December 24th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I got what I wanted, I.E. stuff I actually need.

kid908
December 24th, 2009, 10:37 PM
You guys are artists, make something. But I don't think I'm getting anything this year either. Only tomorrow will tell.

SiriusTexra
December 24th, 2009, 10:42 PM
My nephew got a fucking wall mounted flatscreen, bigger than me, an iphone, assassins creed 2 and family and friends around.

And he was still a whiny fucking bitch. So are all my sisters other kids, all spoilt, all fucking nasty about it.

So one thing I've learned, which will carry on into my new years, if I have a kid, GIVE THAT FUCKER A STICK AND A ROCK. He'll become a much better person for it.

I remember getting a piece of shit phone that could barely play snake, and I jumped up and down about it. The fuck.

Aerowyn
December 24th, 2009, 10:50 PM
ha ha
I mean, that sucks dude :(

I got some money in a card, and I am thankful for that at the very least.

Heathen
December 24th, 2009, 10:54 PM

But I should be thankful anyway, after all Christmas is about spending time with your family, and the spirit of it, Christmas isn't about the presents.

Yet...I would like to get some stuff, but I just have to deal with getting nothing (This happened last year also), mainly because my family is in a money crisis right now.

:(

haven't you EVER watched a christmas special, its not about gifts, its about family and love and all that gay crap.

e: gay in here in the other way, not homosexual.

CodeBrain
December 24th, 2009, 10:57 PM
haven't you EVER watched a christmas special, its not about gifts, its about family and love and all that gay crap.

e: gay in here in the other way, not homosexual.

sorry for your blindness heathen

:)

DaaxGhost
December 24th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Eh Christmas is just supposed to be a happy time of year :) so keep smiling your christmas will turn around :D

I'm staying positive though

SnaFuBAR
December 24th, 2009, 11:26 PM
You guys are artists, make something.

my bro lost my whole tool set

:santa:

Sever
December 24th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Fuck Christmas. Fuck all of it. Fuck celebrating one day that's been bastardized, twisted, and commercialized by everyone who ever had a chance to turn a dime from it. Fuck being brainwashed into believing that there is a set time to give, to receive, to visit, to celebrate.

Celebrate the time spent with those you love every single day you can, no matter what the time of year, and no matter how simple the act may be. A phone call, a card, a hug, a simple 'thank you', whatever - just let them know that they matter to you, and that you'd like their continued companionship.

/sever rant

DEElekgolo
December 24th, 2009, 11:46 PM
This xmas was a lot less prioritized then any other year. But since we got less gifts, we did spend a lot more time together. And we looked back at some nice events that happened last year. And at how commercialized things are over here compared to the country my parents came from.
Even so, I got a 30 inch monitor and this (http://www.wacom.com/bamboo/bamboo_pen_touch.php).

ICEE
December 25th, 2009, 12:07 AM
The only gifts I have so far received were a 300 dollar financial boost and a delicious india pale ale. Both from my father. It has been a magnificent christmas.

Most of the family has decided that as a legal adult, I do not qualify for gifts at this point. Fair enough to me. If I were more financially stable I'd be giving gifts myself.

Cortexian
December 25th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Most of the family has decided that as a legal adult, I do not qualify for gifts at this point.
???

Don't your family members give out gifts to other family? I know my parents always buy each other things, I buy them things, they buy me things, etc, etc... Guess it's different in your family.

Heathen
December 25th, 2009, 01:12 AM
sorry for your blindness heathen

:)

sarrite, blindheathen for mod '10

Boba
December 25th, 2009, 01:15 AM
I just got done taking my lover to Olive Garden...

He didn't like the food very much. :(

Abdurahman
December 25th, 2009, 01:24 AM
I'm Muslim. I don't celebrate Christmas. You're lucky, getting gifts. I never get gifts :-(

Well... my gifts come at assorted times. I'm thankful that my dad gave me the money to build a pretty fast pc, an Xbox 360, and a 32 inch HDTV in my room, but all I'm really thankful for is me and my family's health.

ExAm
December 25th, 2009, 01:27 AM
EDIT: oh, shit. this isn't the loot thread...

PenGuin1362
December 25th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Meh, to me christmas marks the end of the whole season feelings. I love snow, lights, music (mostly TSO, classic shit rather blows >_>). So when christmas is over all that goes away :smith:

Dane's got it right, the less you give a kid the more thankful they'll be. I have a couple rather spoiled cousins and its annoying, but god knows they know the first thing about saving money.

But meh, just be thankful. Cause not everyone gets to spend xmas with their family (my neighbors seven year old daugher died 2 years ago on the 23rd of december) So just be happy that you at least get your family.

on a happier note. Merry christmas, lets get shit faced. :beer:

Timo
December 25th, 2009, 01:30 AM
I can't stand people who get gutted and cut on christmas day because they didn't get what they wanted. I'm happy with anything. It's the thought that counts???

Donut
December 25th, 2009, 02:12 AM
i got assassins creed 2, which was kind of unexpected considering i never asked for it and i never owned/played the first one. still cool though

Kornman00
December 25th, 2009, 02:21 AM
My code is compiling and running. It's a very merry new years.

PenGuin1362
December 25th, 2009, 02:50 AM
just wait until the day someone bombs your base just after you think everything was finally working and no errors were given

Heathen
December 25th, 2009, 04:33 AM
I just got done taking my lover to Olive Garden...

He didn't like the food very much. :(

bu....uh...duh....what?

p0lar_bear
December 25th, 2009, 06:38 AM
I told my family not to worry about getting me anything this year, shit's screwed all over and quite frankly I'm not in the spirit.

Everyone else around me agrees that Christmas came way too fast this year...

Needles
December 25th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I'm really happy with what I got. One Itouch and then some giftcards from the rest of the family. I'm not Christian but my family really likes Christmas, that and birthdays are the only time we buy any gifts for each other and this Christmas was one of my best ones, I don't usually get this much.

CrAsHOvErRide
December 25th, 2009, 08:25 AM
http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/kdhbztd/awddwadwa.jpg

jcap needs help!!!

Didn't get much either...didn't want anything though.

Limited
December 25th, 2009, 10:12 AM
As I grow older, Christmas is becoming less and less about presents, and more about just spending quality time with my family.

My friend is completely unmaterialistic, hes NEVER had Christmas or birthday presents, instead his family give a big cheque to a charity every year, very nlobal but I think its a shame they don't get any thing.

Kornman00
December 25th, 2009, 10:35 AM
just wait until the day someone bombs your base just after you think everything was finally working and no errors were given
It's only my unit and EOD on this base. I have no worries with the EOD dudes.

Cojafoji
December 25th, 2009, 11:52 AM
i've suffered through the "we're too poor to buy anything for Christmas" phase. it happened for 12 years.

got me a beard trimmer
150 gift card for clothes, which i really need
a robe
and a newegg gift card from my brothers.

Kalub
December 25th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Maybe I don't understand, but even me being a student and supporting myself I can afford to buy presents for my loved ones.

Anyways folks, so far I've racked up a grand total of: 1 t-shirt. Rock on.

Rook
December 25th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I can't stand people who get gutted and cut on christmas day because they didn't get what they wanted. I'm happy with anything. It's the thought that counts???

http://furrmetalalchemist.deviantart.com/journal/22497643/

:downs:

StankBacon
December 25th, 2009, 12:50 PM

lol trollin

CodeBrain
December 26th, 2009, 12:02 PM
So apparently I got a surprise gift late last night from both my parents and my grandmother.

My grandmother gave me $25 dollars, and my parents gave me a whopping $350 dollars!

I know I can get some cool stuff with $375 dollars, I just don't know what to get <_>

Suggestions?

I find it funny how this thread was originally about me getting no presents, but then it turns right around asking for suggestions on what presents to buy.

t3h m00kz
December 26th, 2009, 11:04 PM
something really nice that doesn't suck.

Ganon
December 26th, 2009, 11:54 PM
sounds like your parents forgot about you on christmas

Kornman00
December 26th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Save it and see how much you have after next x-mas

profit. no question marks about it :downs:

Hotrod
December 27th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Well, I got some weights (for working out, you know?) and money, which is more than I asked for (which was nothing), so I'm happy :) Oh, and I also got a cold...but hey, no need to be glum about it :)

Donut
December 28th, 2009, 05:09 PM
if it makes you feel any better i have to return the airsoft gun i got because i cant get the propane and all the other shit i need for it. was the only thing i actually asked for too.

CodeBrain
December 29th, 2009, 08:59 AM
if it makes you feel any better i have to return the airsoft gun i got because i cant get the propane and all the other shit i need for it. was the only thing i actually asked for too.

Damn, that must suck :saddowns:

Dwood
December 30th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Luggage for Christmas anyone?

ExAm
December 31st, 2009, 01:29 AM
Ouch.

Donut
December 31st, 2009, 05:01 AM
Luggage
do you have a cat?

t3h m00kz
December 31st, 2009, 05:11 AM

Are you fucking serious I wish MY parents could have afforded all that bad ass shit

oh man the part about the 360 was seething with rage and sad.

Donut
December 31st, 2009, 05:14 AM
wow i just read that what the fuck. that was entirely sarcastic, right?

t3h m00kz
December 31st, 2009, 05:35 AM
Apparently yes. Their latest journal says so.

Though, who knows if that's credible

ICEE
December 31st, 2009, 01:27 PM
do you have a cat?

ohohohoh you.

and I already told you I will buy you the fucking part god damn.

Timo
January 4th, 2010, 03:20 AM

That's the one thing I got from my parents the year I left for uni. lol.